• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ Okay, here we go. Before I get to my nightly catch-up, let's try to salvage this. ]]

The snivy let out a long, exasperated sigh, as though she really didn't want to do this. She glared down at her guardian stone disapprovingly for a long while before addressing the rest of the party.

"Alright. As some of you have already guessed, yes, I left the mark on Ajia." She cast a quick, apologetic glance towards both Ajia herself and Dave. She had wanted to keep quiet about it, but what else should she have expected? It was bound to be a conversation topic, she knew that much, but she underestimated just how much drama it would cause. "A couple of you suggested that I remain quiet about why or what it does, but considering how much false information has been generated from it, I may as well just explain what I know... or at least, part of it."

She held up the card she'd gotten at the beginning. "Someone here has guessed my legendary patron, whether or not due to my mentioning of the light clue, I'm not entirely sure, but either way, it's been mentioned. As I think we're still operating under the impression that speaking your own patron's name will get you some sort of cultist strings, I'm not going to do so. Now, this card," - she held it up and waved it; frustratingly, it remained blank to everyone else's eye - "...specifically states that the mark it leaves will be visible to everyone, so I knew that going into it, but I figured it better to cast blindly rather than just not use it, because it's definitely protective. In a game this large, I fully expected there to be more... chaos. 'So with so much else possibly going on, who would make this big a deal over one little glowy light show?' I thought. Guess I was wrong about that one."

[[ Also, we got to choose what form the mark would take, so I settled on a diamond shape. Purely out of "lol this will be funny but what if...?". I was mostly trying to reference that, in the last mafia game, I helped a sableye named Diamond. I didn't expect anyone to get the reference, but I did think it might be funny if someone did. ]]

"You did what now??"

[[ Nevermind that for now, it's not important to this problem. Please continue. ]]

".....Fine, have it your way."

She withdrew her card, holding it tight to her chest, peeking at the delcatty out of the corner of her eye. "I had a couple of reasons for targeting Ajia. For starters, my guardian insists that if she's town, she's one of our most valuable assets, regardless of her abilities, and on day one, most people were in relative agreement that she felt town-ish. Which leads me into my next point - there were a few people I felt relatively safe about, myself. Ajia and Dave top that list. But based on what we know of Dave's abilities (now confirmed by Fray/Shini), Dave's ability could very well be useful for mafia to keep around, whether he likes it or not, so I figured he was less of a target in this case.

"In addition to that, well, Ajia's guardian is somewhat known for being an early target. So I thought, if I were in the mafia's position, what would I do? Ajia seemed like the most obvious target. But then it gets complicated, because like... would the mafia go for an outright kill? Or would they try to swap someone to get the kill? Or would they go for someone less obvious on purpose? I personally would have felt that targeting them for a night one kill was too obvious a play and that Ajia/Chibi would be protected that night, given their history. But that doesn't mean they can't prepare a kill."

Her attention shifted back to her card, her free hand playing absentmindedly with her necklace. "That's also why I keep suggesting that there are multiple status effects in play here, too. I thought originally that maybe Dave was lying about his dread thing or at least what it was called, but since that's been confirmed, I know there are others. One of the things that my mark can do is cure one of them, and it isn't dread. That's also not the only thing it can do, but I'd rather keep that under wraps unless it becomes relevant."

Kimiko finally looked up, blinking at the crowd. "So... that's it. We targeted Ajia based on an educated guess that the mafia wasn't going to try to kill her, but possibly might target them for a later kill with... this other status condition thing. The hope was that, if I were to guess correctly and someone did attempt to target Ajia, that the mark would either prevent the effect from taking place since they both happened on the same night, or at least cure it immediately if it did. Given that no one else has, as of yet, come forward with any other form of status that I know of (right now my count is two; dread and strings), one of four things happened:

A) I guessed correctly and my ability did it's job
B) No one used the ability that causes the affliction that I can cure, so no one shows any signs or got notified because there's nothing there
C) Someone IS inflicted with it but hasn't spoken up for some godforsaken reason?
D) Someone IS inflicted but doesn't know it.

"And... there you go. I'm sorry this caused such a mess. I didn't expect it to cause such a buzz. I really didn't expect it to be the only effect we've seen to this point. Which also kind of ties in to all my previous statements about why I suspect there are multiple delayed-kill abilities at work somehow. (Though, to be fair, Dave's reasoning of cult leader for the strings does make far more sense than my original theory that it was going mind-control him somehow.)"

Finally, she turned to Puck. "What I want to know now is, why on earth did you think you left the mark? Were you specifically told that your ability will leave a visible trace behind for everyone to see? And what were you trying to do that you suspected a swap, or a redirection, rather than simply you being blocked?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Hold on, back up for a minute there. You're saying your power cures a status effect that can later kill? Is there anything indicating that multiple targets can be primed at once? Sounds like there might be an arsonist looking to light up the party."

[[As of right now I have no reason to distrust Seren. And if this is what I think it is, I suspect there's a setup loosely of an Arsonist, a Cult Leaderish role, and a 4-5 person mafia]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Finally, she turned to Puck. "What I want to know now is, why on earth did you think you left the mark? Were you specifically told that your ability will leave a visible trace behind for everyone to see? And what were you trying to do that you suspected a swap, or a redirection, rather than simply you being blocked?"
[[Bruh, why did you pick a freaking diamond of all shapes 🤣

No, I wasn’t told about a visible trace, I just saw that Chibi had a diamond marking and assumed it had to be from me somehow because of who my patron is. Like, in my head, a diamond could not possibly have been a more obvious sign that it was connected to me. So yes, I jumped the gun because I’m Incredibly Smort and I’m so sorry for all the confusion it has caused.

I did not assume I was blocked for two reasons: 1) I thought the diamond was proof that my action went through, and 2) my passive ability is that I cannot be blocked.

With all that said…I can’t help but side-eye Jackie just a tad, because I can’t think of a good reason why they wouldn’t speak up about it as a townie. They could have very easily said something without giving away any vital information about their own role. I know they’ve been struggling to keep up because of illness and irl stuff so I’ll cut them a little slack, but even still, they didn’t need to be caught up on the thread to say something. Idk I just find it a little odd, but it’s very possible it just…didn’t occur to them to say something I guess.

Anyways yes, sorry for all the confusion, it’s not a mafia game without a giant Yellow blunder, amirite 😅]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Okay, day phase catch-up time again! Probably breaking this one down into multiple posts... ]]

[[I know this was my wild theory to begin with, but I think you’re probably taking it a bit far here. What I was imagining was something where the stringer would have to identify a particular player’s legendary to string them - I think it’d be a considerably stranger, more broken mechanic if anyone saying the name of any legendary becomes strung, though I can’t rule it out. In either case it was wild speculation that it had anything to do with it!

We can basically test that theory, though - both Torchic and Sinderella mentioned Cresselia yesterday. Did either of them get strings?]]

"Oh, huh. I thought we were assuming it was based on speaking your own patron, since... that's when you noticed the strings. I guess it makes sense if the stringer themselves has to guess it... well, I figure we'll find out soon enough, since I've essentially given mine way now. I'll keep everyone updated should I notice any strings.

"As far as the other two... just because they mentioned it doesn't mean it's their own, which is what we were basing this off of, right?"

[[Not that it's a strong indicator of alignment or anything but this sort of speculation is typical for Seren's play, as I recall it.]]
[[Do agree with this, though - I’m not reading Seren’s speculation here as agenda-driven or suspicious at all. Just a general-purpose reminder for town not to get stuck on something I basically made up because I did something like that as GM once.]]

[[ Yeah I'm paranoid I know but at least I'm consistent, eh? Eh? ]]

"Oh, you're surprised, too? I'm curious as to why you all think multiple people would pass away each night. Not that I'm complaining--but I want to know the reasoning behind the claims."

"There's numerous reasons, not the least of which being, as was stated by I think Sidney, how long this game would take if there were only one kill per night."

[[And you're doing a lovely job! Grateful to have input from you, especially as busy as you are!]]

[[ Thank you! :D ]]

[["Wait what? Seren...i went back just now and reread your posts and all you mentioned was that you thought Ajia mark was possibly connected to a light legendary based on what Namo suggested???

[[Did... did the forum eat my post or something? I know I was having issues with quotes at some point... ah well. It doesn't matter now, I've lain out the important and relevant reasoning now. ]]

There is one way to confirm this. Did Aija notice anything in the night? @Chibi Pika
Ajia shook her head. "I didn't. I saw the diamond at the same time as everyone else, when the day started.

"Okay, so Ajia confirms that nothing else happened to her that she knows of... so why was anyone beyond this point still entertaining the idea that Yellow/Puck knew jack shit about the diamond mark when she herself said Ajia's answer to whether or not she noticed anything else would confirm it?"

[[ Hey now, take a deep breath, you're not supposed to be losing your temper here! ]]

"I... what?"

Aija’s mark appears to have a connection with his patron. However, he’d like to know what that little green snake has to say. @Seren

[[ See above! Or, rather, probably several posts back by the time I'm done catching up... ]]

[[On the topic of town swapper, I think it's definitely a possibility. I don't think we're any closer to figuring out whether the swapper from last night was town or mafia. Seren claims the diamond was NOT affected by the swap. ]]

"I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am not arguing against the idea of a swapper being in the game; I am, however, arguing that I really don't think Ajia could have been involved in one while my light mark somehow still landed on the correct target. This is why I think Puck/Yellow were simply blocked. Unless my mark will hit the target regardless of interference? But that wasn't explicitly stated on our card so I have no idea whether or not that's possible. I wouldn't expect so."

Also, pic related:
unknown.png

]]

[[ lmao this is beautiful ]]

"I'm also curious as to why Kimiko [Seren] thought Puck wasn't involved in the diamond mark, since it seemed pretty obvious he was taking credit?"
Ajia frowned at the Snivy. "I'm not really following any of this. Puck never claimed the mark was a swap--he said that he tried to put the mark on Laura, so if it landed on me, something must have happened. But it sounds like you're pretty certain you put the mark on me?"

"Also, Dave's guardian was talking about cop investigations. Not the mafia rolecopping us. That seems like a weird jump to make, since it's not like their own swapper would interfere with that?"

"Yes, and this is largely why I'm side-eyeing the quagsire now. I know for a fact that I set this mark and you were my target."

[[ As far as the investigations go, that was my mistake. ]]

Ajia's tail flicked. "I'm a bit skeptical that sans would have come forward and explained his power to us so early if he was mafia, since it would obviously look suspicious. Especially since we don't even get informed about the effect his power gives us. Why call attention to himself so unnecessarily? And wouldn't he have come up with a better-sounding lie than that?" Something felt off about this. Either way, she definitely wanted to hear more from him.

"The fact I'm now sussing Puck/Yellow and they jumped on the Bluwii train made me wonder if sans is actually innocent, but I seem to recall seeing something about people switching trains later on after this post so I'll revisit this when I get to that point and recall who exactly changed votes."

[[Post 1/??? Four pages left to catch up on ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Beep.]]

"Don't do that."

[[Beep.]]
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial] was eliminated. They were innocent.
F's in the chat.

That being said, after going through the thread during the first day phase, I have some thoughts I’d like to bring up. First, regarding the “strings” that Free/Dave mentioned. Torchic later brought up Cresselia possibly being a cure. If speaking the name of your legendary causes strings, either:
  • Torchic’s legendary is NOT Cresselia
  • Torchic has strings and didn’t say it, or
  • Speaking the legendary name doesn’t cause strings
Also, put me firmly in the category of “trusts Free/Dave;” her playstyle here feels very different from the Christmas mafia last year (which was the last one I was active in).
Starlight makes some points--can at least partially confirm that speaking a legendary name doesn't cause strings because I also mentioned Cresselia and never got stringed. If on the other hand strings only attaches when you speak your OWN legendary name, then Torchic either isn't Cresselia, or got Stringed and didn't say anything (or is the cause of the Strings? Huhuhuhuhuhu). Or maybe it only happens when you reveal your role AND say your patron?

[[ @Chibi Pika obv question first, do you know anything about the diamond thing on your chest? / does anyone want to claim it?
Bruh moment does some poking.

[[Okay, the dread thing works. I got two dread on me rn.]]

[[Okay, before I talk about the death. I kinda wanna clarify why I was talking about having two people with dread.

Bluwii wanted to volunteer to be the 2nd person to be Dreaded so I thought that was the plan we were going for which was why I thought it'd be a decent plan to have 2 players be Dreaded.

Pano already told me it was a bad plan and I agreed, I get that my last post sounded like I was insisting on 2 players being dreaded, but I wasn't. I still thought Bluwii wanted to be the 2nd dreaded and I tried to see the bright side of having 2 being dreaded.]]
Shini claims the dread they got. This post is super confusing to me, but I'm just going to continue with the knowledge that they volunteered for dread guinea pig.

"No, we don't feel any different," Arctozolt said, turning towards Courtney, though they kept glancing back at the remains of Bartholomew.
Bench confirms they do not feel different, as what Bluwii indicated would happen.

"Then perhaps the slakoth was lying then," Mademoiselle posited. "If these other roles show a clear effect on those who interact with them, such as the Strings, the mightyena's dread, and whatever is on the delcatty's chest, then why should this one be any different?"
Inke throws suspicion at Bluwii's claim.

"I don't know what this is," she said, frowning at the diamond-shaped mark on her chest. "It's not anything related to my patron." She went over the list of legends that she knew of--which was a fair bit more than most people, admittedly--and couldn't think of anything.

[[Yeah, the diamond's not part of my role, so it must have come from someone else. I didn't get a DM about it, so I have no idea if it's good or bad. If it's good thing... maybe the person responsible shouldn't come forward just yet? Unless it's like... something I need to know how to use? Any thoughts from others?]]
Chibi confirms the diamond has nothing to do with her role, and that they didn't get a DM about it. Warns that if it's a good thing that the person not reveal.

[[ i wonder if someone redirected from bench onto chibi. ]]
Bruh moment suggests the move got bussed

[[But that would imply that Bluwii's role is a night action, not a day one. Wouldn't an ability that is activated upon voting for someone activate the moment when that player is voted, not at night?
[[Yes, I know, it's a namo game, day actions aren't that weird, but a daytime redirector would be a little surprising.]]
[[I don't see why not, especially in a Namo game with purpotedly extremely powerful roles]]
[[Bluwii said the target won't be informed and it'll only activate later on.]]
Some argument on Bruh moment's speculation.

"....For now my two cents is that so long as it doesn't seem to be interfering with your abilities to leave it be for now? Since anyone who comes forward about it is just going to paint a potential target on their back, right? And if anything we can just make a note of it. Until it activates or some shit anyway. Like what happened with Dave." Nanu suggested with comforting smile directed at Ajia's nervous state.
Blossom hypothesizes that the diamond isn't an issue for now, also warns against coming forward.

[[Could he possibly have both? If everyone has an active ability, a passive ability, and a one-shot move, who's to say Bluwii can't have both a day ability and a night one?]]
"Perhaps," Courtney mused as she circled the Slakoth, flames dancing around her mouth. "Even if he's not lying, he's certainly not telling us the whole truth."
Starlight shares more thoughts on Bluwii's ability claim.

[[Yes, I have dread. 2 dread in fact. I volunteered for the Dread count, remember? The 2 dread came from Free picking a target. She gives 1 to whoever she votes or whoever targets her. And whoever she targets gets 2 instead.]]
Shini reiterates that they asked to be dread guinea pig.

"None of us, other than the one who placed that mark, will know whether or not it's helpful or harmful until we see what it does," Mademoiselle thought aloud. "If it's harmful, then it is natural for the one who placed it to keep quiet so they can hide in our midst. But, if it's helpful, we encounter an impasse. Which one is more beneficial? The perpetrator outs themself and explains what the mark does giving us valuable information; or, do they keep themselves safe by not speaking up--which would paint a target on their back, thus removing us of a potent ability?"

Mademoiselle leaned over the delcatty to give herself a closer look at the mark. "I am saying to not be surprised if no one speaks up about it today, as there are many reasons as to why no one will take responsibility."
Inke provides some insight on whether or not whoever caused the diamond should reveal themselves.

Since he was still on the fence as to whether or not Sans whole "voting power" could be trusted. As they didn't know which target he struck now that Arctozolt [Bench] confirmed that they weren't the recipients of San's power.
Bluwii DID state that Bench wouldn't be notified of it doe.

"Isn't it a bit foolish to assume that the delcatty got the power meant for the abomination? There are many other alternative, and more likely explanations to this. Honing in on just this one is shortsighted at best."
Inke tries to keep everyone from tunneling on this one idea about the diamond.

[[But even if that was a scum move, idk why they would deflect it to Chibi............isn't Chibi like a master scum hunter? Why give them an advantage then? That maneuver seems odd from a scum standpoint, but I can't understand why a possible townie move busser or whatever the fuck the role would be would deflect that maneuver to somebody else unless they were trying to make Bluwii look weird. Maybe to protect Chibi because it's Chibi??? But that also seems dangerous because we DIDN'T know what the move did because Bluwii damn well could have been lying??? BUT that diamond shit could be completely and totally unrelated, which is why I want to hear from Bluwii about it before I run down this rabbit hole lolololol]]
I make some speculation on what the diamond might be.

"Okay, so. Yes, I targeted the Froslass, like I said I would yesterday. I don't know how 'Okay, the dread thing works. I've got dread on me rn' could be interpreted other than it did go through."

He squinted at the Delcatty, then the Slakoth. "Well, what he said yesterday was the recipient of the vote power thing wouldn't know anything about it, so I definitely took it they wouldn't get a glowing fucking diamond on their chest. That's besides the whole redirecting daytime actions thing. So unless he's got something to say that makes that sound even remotely likely, I'm guessing this was somebody else. Fucking everybody has a bunch of powers in this thing; why wouldn't there be another person who can put diamonds on people? We just plain don't have the information right now to guess what's up with it, but at any rate it doesn't look harmful, so I think we're fine to ignore it for now. Person who did it probably shouldn't speak up about it."
Free confirms they targeted Shini as planned. Also speculates the diamond is somebody else's doing.

[[ i'm still not clear on why most people who have spoken about it seem to consider bluwii's power a daytime action. as far as i can tell the power affects the person he's voting on at the end of the day, according to a condition that isn't evaluated until the votes are final, which to me doesn't really feel like a daytime action at all. it would not go in effect until night definitionally -q ]]
Bruh moment still unclear about Bluwii's action.

[[Then why continue bringing up how it might be a night action, despite it being taken during a day phase?

Either way, I do think that this conversation should end here, as we know nothing about the diamond mark other than the fact that it exists and arguing/speculating about an unknown is distracting us from actually scum hunting. I do want to hear more from @Bluwiikoon before I engage with this point again.]]
[[ because it might be a night action, and the fact that you think it may fire at the beginning of the night is conjecture and doesn't actually conclusively negate that like you seem to think it does. you're welcome to scumhunt, at any rate. doesn't seem to me like i'm obstructing any existing scumhunting conversation here.

anyway i'm not sure i actively believe this is what happened and it's probably not provable at the moment but i'm interested in pursuing the line of thought because—while as dragonfree/dave say it could have been someone else's—i think it makes some amount of sense for it to be bluwii's. i also still suspect the power may be anti-town and i think it's wise to monitor it.
Some argument on Bluwii's action being a day phase action or night phase action. Bruh thinks the diamond might be Bluwii's.

[[So, uh, I went through almost all of Bartholomew/Equital’s posts and some other relevant posts if you want to see them.]]
[[Pleading the fifth until more information from others comes out and I feel safe doing so]]

Winona thought for a few minutes before speaking:

“I’m a bit suspicious of Sans, but that could very much be in a ‘someone was suspecting him and knew too much and had to be eliminated’ sort of way. Bartholomew might have also used some sort of ability on Aija before being offed… or is that not how that works?”
Torchic pulls up Equi's posts, then pleads the fifth--then throws sus at Sans.

[[Dave's a bit, uh, agitated right now. I'm not actually quite this dismissive of it; I do think it's a bit of a reach, but it is reasonable to like, want to keep it in the back of your mind. I definitely don't think it's the most likely explanation, though, given how many other powers we've got running around in this thing and the number of specific circumstances necessary for it to be true. I'm still wary of Bluwii's power, just kind of doubt that's what the diamond is.]]
Free is still doubtful that the diamond and Bluwii's power are connected.

"Hmm. Whelp. To be honest I'm of the personal opinion that Sans might be a red herring that mafia is hoping town will focus all their attention for D2."
Blossom believes Sans might be a mislynch target.

“I know there’s a cult in Japan that uses a diamond as a symbol. They worship a time god. Time could do anything, though. Change the length of the day, undo votes, reverse actions… who knows. Or it could be Diancie. Rebirth. Protection. I hope it’s Diancie. That’s less ominous.”
Persephone tries to offer insight on what the diamond could be.

[[Yeah so. I don’t want to say too much but I’m pretty sure Bluwii’s power is not involved with Chibi’s condition. I can elaborate if needed, but just know I have good reason to believe this.]]
Yellow says they're pretty sure that the diamond and Bluwii's ability are unrelated--has plenty reason to believe so, apparently.

[[Part of me is a bit suspicious that the diamond is from a Cop investigation. I don’t know why exactly, but given that it doesn’t seem to be affecting Chibi yet, I’m sure it’s—at the very least—not a Dread thing.]]
Torchic offers more theories on the diamond.

Sighing, he turned to the rest of the group. "hey gang. i have some ideas about the diamond-shaped-thing here," he gestured to Ajia. "-but, that depends on whether we wanna be speculating about patron legendaries. not sure whether it's a positive or negative effect."

"oh yeah. needless to say, nothing to do with me."
Bluwii says they have ideas on diamond, but does not elaborate aside from admitting it has nothing to do with them.

"Y'know, that's another thing. Only one elimination last night? In a group of almost twenty? My guardian's makin' a lot of noise about this. They're nervous about some kind of mass elimination event or ability? With at least three people claiming to be able to give some kind of ability or effect to others, not to mention the whole Strings thing... Like, I know we shouldn't panic, but... should we be more nervous about these kinds of things?"
Pano is wary that there was only one kill.

There is a swapper in play. Most likely, this swapper is a bad guy, but they might be a neutral guy. They could be a good guy, too, but Rock Friend doesn’t find this super likely. But…it could happen.

If the swapper is a bad guy…hmm. Then that would make a certain player look bad, right? It didn’t make as much sense if it came from a neutral person. And if it was a good guy, then they were probably protecting someone.
Yellow is certain there's a swapper in play.

[[I'm starting to think that the strings might be a third party, similar to an arsonist but an arsonist who can act in the day. Is that the technical term? Oh well. Either way, I'm expecting Strings to attach to players randomly with no connection to their Legendaries.]]
Torchic offering more theories.

[[ my honest opinion is that the mafia's guess is probably as good as yours at this point and by claiming this knowledge yellow has already sort of taken the toothpaste out of the tube, so we might as well unpack it for all it's worth now, but i'm open to argument here and naturally if yellow doesn't want to divulge any further i will not press it. -q ]]
Bruh does some poking at Yellow because Yellow has seemingly started to reveal some things.

[[I guess it's a little strange that there was only one death. A mass elimination ability sounds terrifying as hell but wouldn't Stringer be this game's version of Arsonist? Are you trying to say the Stringer's not an Arsonist? 'cause from what I read about Arsonist, this String thing sounds similar to Arsonist.]]
Shini thinks Strings are in line with Arsonist.

[[You think so? There’s many many different ways I could know about this. I find it rather odd and a bit fishy that your immediate response to this is “welp you’ve said too much so might as well tell all”. I’m not opposed to revealing more but I don’t think it’s necessary tbh.]]
Yellow sus of Bruh's poke.

Ajia shook her head. "Guys, I really don't think we should be thinking of the strings as being similar to an arsonist, because from Dave's description, it sounds way closer to a cult leader. Their goal seems to be taking control of people, not eliminating them."

"And yeah, I have a few different ideas how Puck might know there's a swapper. Only one of them is the sort of thing that would really need to stay secret. So, as long as there's even a bit of uncertainty, I'd rather not ruin that."
Chibi thinks strings are more in line with Cultist.

[[ i think you are jumping to conclusions a bit if you find it fishy. to me, the point of withholding information is to prevent turning power roles into targets. from my perspective, revealing that you have some means of discerning information about people’s roles would be alarming to the mafia—the target has been created now. obviously i don’t know what the power is and can’t say for sure, but it seemed/seems more likely to me that getting the information out there would help down more than hiding it would hurt mafia. i can’t make the exact calculus with incomplete information and you know best how to make that call, so i won’t press it. but i think it’s a bit uncharitable to assume i’m maliciously reaching for info when there are definite pro-town benefits to sharing information (as well as risks to town for revealing what you have already), in a role madness game most of all. -q ]]
going to bed in a minute, but i want to say while i’m thinking about it: i think role madness requires kind of a different approach from vanilla-ish mafia, and my play this game is going to reflect that. in vanilla mafia you shut up about what happened at night 90% of the time and try to sus out the sussy bakas based on posts made in the day. in a role madness game, though, what happens at night is much more important. imo, town’s best tool for rooting out scum is figuring out the events of the night and tracing discrepancies, and i think a high thread information state favors town. that’s not to say everyone should claim right away (although i feel like i read somewhere that that’s technically optimal? seems really boring though), but it does mean that i think the usual impulse to hold one’s cards close to their chest has less utility in s setup like this.

none of this is intended to push yellow to pipe up at all; it’s a lot of words to say that if you see me chasing a weird train of thought about night actions as far as i can, or being a bit more loosey goosey with RR’s and pressing for sensitive information, this is why -q]]
Bruh responds to Yellow's sus with a defense. Strategizes that figuring out the night actions is key to rooting out scum, and says that it might be technically optimal for people to claim (even doe it's a llil boring).

I don't want to let terrifying flavour and mandatory Bad Number Increase prevent helpful use of a tool that can support the town wincon, and while Pano/Sidney's alarm about eventual high dread counts seems like standard Pano caution, it'll be a while before Free is forced to disable people, and those people could be scum! I haven't run the numbers yet, but she's better at Numbers than I am anyway. Okay, I think that's my 7am mono brain dry now. Gonna try to sleep shortly. Wish me luck x]]
uA does some math about dread.

[[Also took no actions last night. Not sure if I should roleclaim yet. Would write more, but I need to sleep.]]
Torchic claims they made no night actions--debating roleclaim.

"Agreed with this, too. My guardian says 'refer to his previous post', but generally we agree that there's probably more than one delayed killing ability at work here. Unless anyone has any ways to counter them, though, I don't know what else we can do about them right now..."
Seren agrees there might be more than one killing ability out there.

[[I don't think it's a build up. It says it does not have any impact on me at the moment. I mean, Namo did say that their posts can be interpreted in different ways so I'm not sure if the 'At the moment' means that it'll gradually increase or if it's referring to the fact that Free can increase my dread by targeting me again.]]
Shini clarifies their dread.

“Personally,” Dave said, “for the moment I’m less interested in exactly how he knows there’s a swapper and more in what certain player he thinks it implicates. If you’re pretty sure someone’s not a good guy, better spill it.”

[[Maybe that’s not what you meant by that? It looks like you’re saying someone in particular looks suspect because of it.]]
Free prods Yellow to say more about the swapper.

[[ Also something that I've suddenly realized and hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass later, given my paranoia over mentioning any legendary by name in my posts... would we expect this to apply to posts we quote as well, or would it have to be the player directly "saying" the name?

For example, if someone else mentioned genesect, would me quoting that count as me "saying" it in my post or would I have to "type it out" myself? (Using this example because I've already used genesect's name in a previous post so I theoretically would have already screwed myself over in that case, so repeating it now shouldn't hurt.)

This is 100% hypothetical and I'm probably just paranoid but. ]]
Probably not, because I quoted Torchic saying Cresselia and nothing happened to me (not to say anything happened to Torchic either but yeah LOL)

[Well, it's not as if we know whether the mark on Aija/Chibi is good or not. I mean with how everyone's been talking about Chibi's experience and skill. If it's a good ability then it makes sense to choose them but if it's a bad ability, it also makes sense if a scum picked them.]]
Shini makes hypothesis about switch.

Anyway, I'm interested in this potential lead. How sure are we that a scum swapper might exist? Town bus drivers aren't unheard of on TR but they're usually negative utility for town. They can, of course, be used to protect high profile players, but early game bus driver casts are... often unhelpful. I would hesitate to assume that a bus driver is scum, but it's traditionally a scum role (especially on TR) and I consider it far more likely than town bus. In any case, whatever the means by which Yellow/Puck are aware of a swapper, I think the odds are moderately in favour of that person being scum. Maybe two in three?]]
uA provides some thought about possible bus drivers.

[[I know this was my wild theory to begin with, but I think you’re probably taking it a bit far here. What I was imagining was something where the stringer would have to identify a particular player’s legendary to string them - I think it’d be a considerably stranger, more broken mechanic if anyone saying the name of any legendary becomes strung, though I can’t rule it out. In either case it was wild speculation that it had anything to do with it!

We can basically test that theory, though - both Torchic and Sinderella mentioned Cresselia yesterday. Did either of them get strings?]]
Again, can confirm I did not get stringed from saying Cresselia.

[[Ignore Courtney's bitterness. I just want to hop on board that it looks like Pano expected multiple people to be taken out at night. This could be an innocent concern, considering how many players are in this game and the amount of power roles involved. I DO, however, think this further hints at a third (or more) party in play, as well as multiple roles that can kill players. At the very least, we know there aren't any actions that only work on odd/even numbered nights, so I *hope* we don't have much further to fear tonight.]]
How does Pano expecting multiple people to be taken out help you hint that there might be TP's or other killing roles in play? I'd figure the lobby size would be enough to indicate that idea, because truthfully, I was ALSO shocked only one person died.

[[I haven't played a mafia game in a while. I notice that bruh/q's playstyle seems a bit combative, but iirc, that was also shown back in the First Anniversary Mafia.]]
Starlight makes speculation on bruh's posts.

[[So we know there's a swapper in play; some people think it's most likely a mafia member, though TR has hosted bus drivers in mafia and innocent factions in the past. I wonder if someone was swapped last night? Either way, Yellow giving this bit of information makes me think she's most likely innocent {just look at that Quag!). I think maybe Chibi's diamond mark is related to Dialga, and Chibi has some sort of time-affected status. Pure speculation, but thought I'd bring it up. But as Free said, we should focus more on the things we know for sure.]]
More Starlight speculation.

"Should I say—"

[[No. Not yet.]]
Bench hinting they know something. I have to wonder why they would even mention anything if they weren't going to out it right then and there?

"With the strings, the Dread, the slakoth's mystery power, and the glowy diamond, I'm wonderin' how many more status powers there are, and how many can end up with you being dead? My guardian says this is a big game, so it'd take a long time to finish if people only died one at a time..."
Pano makes a good point, which is again, why I'm also shocked only one person died--if there's only one death a night, this game is going to go on FOREVER.

"Hey, Quagsire! Got any more info on that swapper lead? Do you have a suspect in mind? If you can name names without puttin' yourself in danger, you should. We gotta start putting the screws to someone, otherwise we'll get stuck talking about nothing for another day."
Pano prods Yellow more for some info (provided it doesn't put Yellow in danger).

People speculating the "strings" are 3rd party (cult leader?)
Yellow /Puck suggests there's a "role swapper" but won't clarify any further
Bruh Moment / Princess thinks we should reveal what we know
Chibi / Ajia, Torchic / Winona, Bench / Arctozolt, Dragonfree / Dave disagree on this

We don't know what the "light diamond mark" is on Chibi / Ajia
Shinigojira / Fray
confirmed they got struck by dave / dragonfree's dread
We're unsure what happened with Sans / Bluwii's voting power & target

We suspect there's 4-5 mafia players and 3rd party
We're trying to figure out what legendary is associated with the "diamond mark"
Seren / Kimiko & Pano / Sidney are concerned about multiple kills being a possibility as the game goes on. Some people share the surprise that only one player is dead for N1

Current status: D2 is full of speculations but nothing concrete. If we vote we're shooting someone blind and that is concerning. Because I don't know if at this point we should vote someone out or abstain from voting like we did for D1 :/"]]
Blossom makes a summary post.

[[Not certain if the strings are mass elimination tactic or not. We already know of one mass elimination tactic: Dread. But! It's not an unknown thanks to Free's play. We're able to anticipate how it might work now that we have the rules for how it behaves.

The other two conditions are Blu's mystery power, and the unknown diamond effect. Those combined with the Dread and strings give me a count of four status type effects that have popped up. Who knows if there are others, since we have a precedent with Blu's power of something being given out without any kind of notice to those who may be affected.]]
Pano speculates about the known powers: diamond, strings, and dread.

On the diamond debacle: The best bet is necrozma. As for what that means, no idea. could be power stealing, if its loosely lore based?

As for strings... no idea, but being stringed sounds bad. Sounds a bit like 'pulling strings' and cult stuff which... idk could it be Arceus or something? Deoxys? I don't think speculating here too hard will reap answers, yet at least.

As for yellow/Q and the swapper thing... Well I understand Q's line of thought entirely but after seeing the following posts I guess I see a counterpoint. I still think thats one of our best leads, but I hope to reread everything later and try to make something resembling a read.]]
Flygon makes some speculation.

"Right. I really don't think we're going to get very far with theorizing about the strings until someone else gets them besides Dave. Avoiding your patron's name is a very simple thing that takes zero effort, so even if we're wrong about that, there's no time wasted. Anything beyond that feels like we'll be going in circles.
Chibi thinks that we won't get far with string theories (heh) unless more people get stringed.

Puck nonchalantly gestures to the female Meowth with his flipper. She had been his target last night, but it appears his action went to the Delcatty instead. Which means…

If the swapper is a bad guy, they may have switched Delcatty and Meowth to try to make Delcatty look bad to an alignment checker. This theory makes Meowth look very suspicious. But!

If the swapper is a good guy, perhaps they worried about Delcatty’s safety and swapped her with Meowth to protect her. Or to protect Meowth! Though Puck feels much better about the Delcatty than he does about the Meowth so far.

If the swapper is a neutral guy, then they are just trying to cause confusion and chaos. Since we did not know much after the first day, they may have just chosen their targets randomly to see what happens.

As always, this was all stated with a single word.

BB700B3C-046F-479C-B53F-DDCAC4747B6F.png

“Quag.”

[[TLDR: I targeted Jackie last night. I am very certain my action went to Chibi. I will not elaborate on what my action was, but if Chibi is town, then this is a good thing. If Chibi is Mafia, this could be very bad.

I understand that by doing this, I make myself vulnerable to getting a string attached to me. However, I don’t consider my power to be the most crucial thing compared to what could be out there, so I’m willing to take that risk. If I get a string attached to me, then this will confirm the “if your patron is guessed, you get a string attached” theory.]]
I meant to add here that it’s possible Mafia just targeted two innocents (or, well, two not scum players) just to see what would happen. So this doesn’t automatically mean Jackie is scum.]]
Yellow targeted Jackie for something and is certain the role was swapped to Chibi. Just indicates that the power can be either very good or very bad depending on the target's alignment. Clarifies what that could mean.

Ajia let out a sigh. "Right. So, from what I've read, it seems that in every game that has a swapper, my guardian gets targeted on the first night. Regardless of what side the swapper is on. One time it was a town swapper trying to save them, but failing. One time it was a town swapper trying to kill them... and succeeding. One time a mafia swapper tried to kill them but a town swapper negated it."

[[This happens a lot...]]
Chibi always gets role swapped i guess lolololol

[[ Hi yeah quick post before work, I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful but I really don’t want everyone doing down this dead end all while I’m not able to stop it so. I think I do know what’s up with the mark and was trying to subtly hint about it earlier. Please do not assume swapper here, unless Yellow has any other evidence of why she thinks her ability may have caused a glowy light mark. ]]
Seren hints they know what's up with the diamond.

“So let me get this straight,” Winona said, “and correct me if I’m wrong: you targeted Laura last night, but your action affected Aija instead. In doing so, it made Aija look bad. Did the swapper swap targets or perceived alignments? Either way, that makes me suspicious of Laura and Aija”—she sighed—“as much as it pains me to say that.”
Torchic asks for clarification, and then susses uA and Chibi. Why would that make you sus of them, though?

[["Wait what? Seren...i went back just now and reread your posts and all you mentioned was that you thought Ajia mark was possibly connected to a light legendary based on what Namo suggested???

SO maybe I'm misreading what you wrote but I don't see any reason why you think pursuing Yellows train of thought is a deadend??

Unless someone else here wants to clarify what seren is talking about??]]
Blossom needs clarification on Seren's post.

"—as Puck reading Aija's alignment."
Honestly don't remember why I marked this, it's 3am.

"For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think the swapper business makes Laura look bad, even if the swapper was mafia. In the games my guardian has been in, mafia swappers always targeted two innocents, in order to bypass healers. That way, if something goes wrong, the kill still lands on their 'backup' target, if that makes sense. And the fact that Bartholomew died instead of one of us two is what's making me think this might have been a well-meaning town swapper."
Chibi makes speculation on uA's alignment in regards to the swap.

[[Yellow's logic was that a mafia swapper might have swapped a mafia member with a useful townie in order to cause a false alignment read, as with last game when you were falsely told Tetra was mafia. I don't think I really buy that, personally; I'm not sure either Chibi or Jackie were really obvious investigation targets, so there wasn't much of a reason for the mafia to think that was happening and bet on that, rather than trying to use their hypothetical swap to dodge doctors etc.?]]
Free clarifies Yellow's move.

[[Yeah the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. If the mafia was going to target Chibi, it would probably be to shoot them, let’s be real
EXACTLY.

[[ i think i recall the grand opening game having swap shenanigans. not dm’d by namo, but same meta.

btw, while all this stuff is good to know i’m not feeling any closer to voting out scum than i was at the start of the day. does anyone have any ideas or reads they want to share? i’m still feeling meh about blu personally. i don’t think it would be a bad wagon. might vote there before i go to bed tonight if nothing happens first. -q ]]
Bruh moment still unsure of who to vote out. Meh about Bluwii.

[[I'm definitely suspicious of Bluwiikoon, to say the least. He said he gives an ability that does something, but other than claiming to have nothing to do with Chibi's mark, has offered no other information. Unless he wants to step forward and clear his name, I think he's a fair target.]]

[[On the topic of town swapper, I think it's definitely a possibility. I don't think we're any closer to figuring out whether the swapper from last night was town or mafia. Seren claims the diamond was NOT affected by the swap. ]]
Starlight sussy about Bluwii. Thinks town swapper is possible.

[[So, what I'm getting from this is that you tried to do something went to uA, but instead, Chibi received your action. But your action is unrelated to the diamond. So Chibi was targeted by two different players last night.]]
Were they???????? Now I'm confused lol.

[["Seconding Bruh Moment here as well. Because my main concern is that there's hardly any solid intel to work with since we started D2, we have even more speculations than answers between yellow and seren's claims regarding Ajia / Chibi's light diamond mark. And...I really dislike the idea of shooting wildly in the dark in hopes that we potentially vote out mafia? But at the same time, I'll reserve my opinions and judgment until we get more information. Because ngl this D2 is TOUGH. And I'm drawing a blank as to who is right between yellow and seren atm.
Blossom also unsure of who to vote.

I'm still very skeptical as to whether or not Bluwii is being honest about his role. His play reminds me a lot of his performance in Vanilla, so he hasn't been adding much to the conversation. I'd love to be proven wrong here, but for the time being, Bluwii is where I'd place my vote.
Inke makes a good point on Bluwii's performance so far, and their claim.

But a quick question for Yellow (and forgive me if this has already been answered): You don't have to claim anything else about your role, but now that we know that your action was swapped to Chibi, are the diamond markings stated to be an effect of your actions?
Pokes Yellow for more info on her move.

"I'm going to get my suspicions out of the way: I'm very suspicious of sans for the same reasons others are suspicious of him: he hasn't offered much about his ability apart from the fact that it does something. The role swapping made me suspicious of Laura and Aija, but while I'm still going to be suspicious of them, I'm certainly not ready to vote either of them out yet. Part of me is skeptical about Kekoa and Princess. And... I'm certainly keeping an eye on Courtney."
Torchic makes a sus list.

"Anyway,"--she paced in front of her stone--"since I don't have any suspects right now, I want to try to sort though some of the people I don't want to vote for. Maybe it'll be helpful--"

Dave - His story checks out, and he's been quick to clear up misunderstandings and keep people on track, and keep people from getting distracted.

Nanu - I feel good about the points he's been making. It seems like he's trying to keep facts straight and prevent misunderstandings.

Puck - The info about the diamond mark and the questions/concerns that resulted feel genuine and helpful.

Mademoiselle - Several times she's tried to keep people on task and avoid distractions.

Courtney - This is a long shot, but bear with me. The questions that Courtney's guardian asked this morning don't feel like the questions that would have been asked by someone who'd had all night to talk about the game with allies."

[[One of my town-finding tools is looking for players that seem out of the loop. Town, in general, tends to be more confused than mafia. Now, this tool won't be very useful in a game without mafia daytalk (*shakes fist*), but it does mean that we can look at the start of day posts. It's not a sure thing, and the last mafia game had a scumteam so timezoned that they had almost no visible coordination at all. But I do find it somewhat unlikely that someone who'd had all night phase to talk with scumbuddies would have mixed up Dave's dread with the strings, and I don't think it was an act, either.]]
Chibi makes a don't-vote

[[Okay, so, thanks folks for explaining Yellow's take to me somewhat. Buses are bilateral, though, so in the event that scum had tried the 'swap one scum with one town' trick, that would indicate that one of either me/Laura or Chibi/Ajia was scum and the other was town or TP. I'm pretty sure Chibi is town, though. They've never been scum before and I like to think I could spot their playstyle changing, but it's perfectly consistent with their townplay and very very pro-town. But it sure sounds like Yellow is completely certain we were swapped! So that makes me think one of two things is true:
1. There's a townie or TP with a swapping power who decided to target us, for some reason. Possibly to increase entropy and make solving the game harder for scum, possibly to redirect a scum kill from whoever they read as town to someone else?2. We were targeted by scum, but in order to mix up the effects of townie actions and cause confusion/speculation about it. IIRC, Free dropped a theory that Equi was involved in a swap because of the high value of other, juicier targets, but maybe it's just totally irrelevant and playing against expectations...?
uA makes speculation on Chibi, and about why they might have been swapped.

A wagon... seems to be forming on Bluwii, but nobody's actually voted for the guy yet. People are just... saying it's a good idea and then not actually doing it. Why is that?

Anyway. I was very cautious about sacrificing Bluwii in Vanilla Mafia because I didn't yet read rp-heavy posting light on actual claims and hunting as an indicator of antitown alignment, and Porygon flipping scum was a bit of a wakeup call for me. Looking back at his posts this game, they don't sit right with me in much the same way as those Poryposts do in retrospect. Also, I've now several times put my foot in my mouth by arguing against sacrificing slightly-sus players because I can still imagine them as town (most notably Shini in the last game), and I want to avoid that this game. I'm willing to be persuaded to get on a different wagon, but it looks like there's support for this one, so let's see how this goes. Namo/Darkwhite is pushing us to put our votes where our mouths are, so here I go:]]

vote: sans
uA also questions about the Bluwii wagon, and offer why they're sus of them. Votes Bluwii.

Just wanted to clarify the last paragraph of this post tho; I know the mark wasn’t a swap. Does that mean chibi was not swapped at all? Probably, because wouldn’t the mark have landed on a different target? People are thinking it was aimed at Jackie and redirected but it was not.
Seren claims they know the mark wasn't a swap?????????

He felt good about the grumpy Mightyena [[Free]], Aija the Delcatty [[Chibi]], and the grouchy Meowth [[Blossom]]. He tentatively liked the other Meowth too [[Jackie]], but was less sure about her. Same with the Swellow [[Torchic]]. All of them seemed helpful and genuine in their discussions.

He felt wary of others, though. This included the Ninetales [[Starlight]], the Slakoth [[Bluwii]] and the Linoone [[Tetra]].
Starlight: hasn’t really appeared to have helped with speculating? She’s been active, but it’s mostly RP and prodding people, but not really coming up with her own theories. Feels like she’s posting a lot without saying much.

Bluwii: pretty much echoing the sentiments everyone else has shared. He’s been very low-key and has only been offering the most minimal stuff, which is exactly how he played in Vanilla maf. I want to put pressure on him today to tell us more about his power.

Tetra: in every game I’ve played, Tetra has been town. Thus, in every game, she’s been very eager and aggressively digging for info right out the gate. The fact that she has only managed a couple posts so far is…odd! It’s very unlike her usual play. Now, I know that life can get busy and that she’s been swept up in LA—but even if we disregard her low activity, her posts haven’t been very aggressive, either. There’s not too much digging that I’ve seen, mostly just observing from afar. So I’m definitely side-eying her a bit.
Yellow makes a read list.

Ajia frowned at the Snivy. "I'm not really following any of this. Puck never claimed the mark was a swap--he said that he tried to put the mark on Laura, so if it landed on me, something must have happened. But it sounds like you're pretty certain you put the mark on me?"

"Also, Dave's guardian was talking about cop investigations. Not the mafia rolecopping us. That seems like a weird jump to make, since it's not like their own swapper would interfere with that?"
Chibi prods Seren for more info on the diamond, and mentions that Puck never said it was a swap (???????? tbh I thought it was implied??? And Yellow never said what her power did so??? Confusion).

Vote: Bluwiikoon
Yellow votes Bluwii.

"I'm a bit skeptical that sans would have come forward and explained his power to us so early if he was mafia, since it would obviously look suspicious. Especially since we don't even get informed about the effect his power gives us. Why call attention to himself so unnecessarily? And wouldn't he have come up with a better-sounding lie than that?" Something felt off about this. Either way, she definitely wanted to hear more from him.
Chibi makes more speculation on Sans claim, wants to hear more from them.

[[ dragonfree had straight up claimed to be a red check just a few pages before and it basically worked out for her. i don't think it's a big stretch that blu might have been encouraged enough by those results to do the same thing himself—lampshading his behavior in the hopes that it would make it less suspicious. like, you have to consider the alternative—if he hadn't done this, he would be required to justify weird votes for the rest of the game. not the best place to be in, as town certainly but especially for mafia. to me this move entirely makes sense from mafia!blu. it doesn't not make sense from town!blu, but it is a bit stranger imo. -q ]]
Bruh moment hypothesizes why Bluwii made his claim.

i'm liking yellow's posting, probably +v. i don't know that mafia necessarily wants to be the one to draw attention to themselves by being the first person to throw shade at someone others have overlooked, like tetra.

i'm trying to be careful about chibi. i want to TL them for tone and that's probably not wise, because tone isn't AI and also they could definitely fake it. there's actually not a whole lot in their post history that jumps out at me as solvey. not throwing shade, just noting that i want to be mindful there. chibi strikes me as a player who could fly under people's radar for the whole game on account of tone. -q ]]
Bruh also makes a sort of read list between Yellow and Chibi.

I also have some info regarding the swapper thing but I'm not sure if saying it would be a good idea since I'm pretty sure this might paint a target on my back but this info does make me a bit sus of Jackie.]]
Shini says they have info about the role swapper that makes them sus of Jackie. Doesn't elaborate yet.

[[Yellow claims the mark is an action she took, which was targeted at you but landed on Chibi; Seren claims no, he knows the mark was not swapped, presumably because he is claiming he made the mark himself (or, I guess, saw it being targeted at Chibi in some other way). That's why I've been trying to ask them to reveal why they're sure the mark is them - whether their card explicitly talks about a mark like this or whether they're inferring from something else.

Going to get to work on that rereading, but echoing everyone that I would really like to hear from Bluwii as soon as possible. What exactly is your voting power? Is it that important we don't know what it is? Nothing bad seems to have happened to Arctozolt, which I guess is nice, but it's still hard to trust it when it's so vague and invisible could be anything.]]
Free pokes Yellow and Seren for more info on what they cast on Chibi--also wants to hear from Bluwii.

"As for other's that I'm suspicious of... Well first, there's the fenekin that hasn't said anything. I wouldn't want to vote her out at this time, but I definitely want to hear more from her."

[[In other words, @SparklingEspeon is there anything you can speak out about? I know you're likely busy, but it's hard to get a read on you - good or bad- if you don't say anything]]

"I also have to agree that the Linoone has been a bit quiet and feels a bit off. My guardian says they're going to try and go back and look at their guardian's older plays and see if it leads to any insight. Other players I feel null on include that... thing." She gestured to Arctozolt, unable to come up with a way to describe it. "He offered to take whatever it was that Sans did, but otherwise hasn't said much. I feel like if Sans is a mafia member, then he's not, but Sans being innocent would neither confirm nor deny his innocence."

[[Bench and Tetra are both people I'd like to hear more from.]]

"I'm also concerned that there are some.... enemies among the more active members. Right now, I consider the mighteyna the most trustworthy. The delcatty, quagsire, and - oh, you're a yveltal, right? Nip's talked so much about you. Well, you all go in my good pile as of right now. The froslass and snivy both feel helpful, but I don't feel as strong of a read on them.

SHe looked over the remaining pokemon. "I'll be honest, I feel like I need to go back and review everything the cacturn has said before I make a judgement on him. Same with you." She gestured to Nanu. "Everyone else I feel pretty null on. Either because I want to hear more from them, or because they feel helpful, but something about their actions rubs me the wrong way. Notably..."

Clasping her hands behind her back, she turned to look at Odette. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the way you went after the swellow yesterday just for bringing up cressellia rubbed me the wrong way."
Wind makes some speculations and reads--wants to hear more from Espy, Bench, and Flygon. Also asks for clarification on why I went for Torchic in the previous day.

[[I honestly don't have much info to give; there wasn't anything I gleaned from last night that would help us at all in hunting scum. I'm just supporting theories that I think are strongest (particularly in favor of third party cult-strings theory) I'm glad that Chibi thinks I'm innocent (if because I'm just asking questions lol) but I do see why you think my high activity and lack of information is suspicious.]]
[[I think we can put this theory to rest for now, as it seems like consensus is that a town cop (assuming this game has one) would go after Chibi. It was a fair hypothesis! But probably just mafia/third party swapping others to cause confusion. Granted, assuming there's a third party in play and the swapper was NOT innocent, we still can't solidify either uA's or Chibi's alignments. If swapper was third party, then Chibi and uA are either scum/innocent. If swapper was mafia, then uA and Chibi are third party/innocent. If it's a townie swapper, then their alignments are up in the air.]]
[[My thoughts: we ought to hear from both Yellow and Seren on WHAT they did, since it sounds like they're both claiming the mark OR both watching Chibi/uA. We should also give Bluwii a chance to defend himself, but even if Wind is confident he's not mafia, I'm not ruling out a third party at play.

Also--has anyone else felt strings? I haven't, and I wonder if they're something that can be placed without the targeted player knowing.

As it is, I'm all for targeting Bluwiikoon until we get more information directly from him.

Vote: Bluwiikoon]]
Starlight defends their posting. Makes speculation about the swap theories (and how they pertain to uA and Chibi's alignments). Votes Bluwii, but wants more info.

[Read list -

(Very likely to be town) : DragonFree/Dave, Torchic/Winona, Chibi/Aija, Yellow/Puck, Seren/Kimiko

(Maybe town?) :
Inkedust/Mademoiselle, Panoramic/Sidney, Windskull/Shimmer, Blossomleaf/Nanu

(Neutral) :
Tricky/Espy, Persephone/Kekeo, Bench/Arctozolt, Starlight/Courtney, Sind/Odette, Bruh/Princess

(Maybe scum?) :
Tetra/Cosmo, Jackie/Laura, Bluwii/Sans]]
Shini makes a readlist.

[[...anyways, I have some info that I think could be useful, though I'd like to wait at least one more day before revealing it.]]
Bench AGAIN calls attention to the fact that they know things but won't say.

I targeted Jackie last night. Then Chibi has a marking this morning, and that makes me think that my action got swapped to Chibi. Seren claims the mark is his doing, not mine, so we are waiting on what he has to say. It is possible that I am mistaken and the mark is not from my action. However I was very sure of it originally. We will know more once Seren elaborates.

I did not do any swapping myself. I am not accusing anyone specifically of being scum. Only hypothesizing scenarios.

I really hope that clears things up lol.
Yellow claims that it's possible the mark is not from her, and that she did not swap.

And in that regard, I am going to change my vote because someone (Free?) brought up the fact that nobody is defending Bluwii. For those of you unfamiliar with Mafia, that’s a BIG red flag because that means scum are perfectly happy to let the mislynch happen. I still want to hear from Bluwii before the day is over, but for now I am changing my vote to someone much more suspicious.

Unvote: Bluwii

VOTE: Tetra]]
Yellow unvotes Bluwii and votes Flygon.

[[Also @IFBench Ihave my eye on you, you really haven’t said anything of substance so far except that you maybe possibly have information, which isn’t helpful. At the very least, give us a reads list or something?]]
Susses Bench.

[[also i was going to watch who hopped on the Bluwii wagon once I started in, by providing bait, but now that i'm not sure i'll manage posting tomorrow and yellow has pointed out Dead Air Means Dead Town like i was gonna: i don't want to lynch bluwii, i don't trust him but i don't like the wagon authentically. i am feeling much better about yellow after her clarifying post and also catching the Dead Air, so i'll join her wagon, bc i like her reasoning.]]

vote: tetra
uA votes Flygon, follwoing with Yellow.

[[Okay, okay. So my Legendary has an ability that let's me reuse an action if someone with a matching action targets me. One of said action is a Self-Targeting Deflector and another is a Roleblocker. The reason why I'm sus of Jackie is that I think Jackie might be a Self-Targeting Deflector.]]
Shini starts to reveal her role, albeit in kind of a confusing way.

[[Don't mind his tone, but in general, saying you will reveal something useful later isn't a great idea, unless there's some good specific reason to say that! Again, use your best judgement when it comes to whether it's worth revealing the information today just in case you get targeted or if it really is better saved for tomorrow, but in general, saying you have information already gets the mafia's attention.]]
Free warns Bench about what they're saying.

[[It really is better saved for tomorrow. I know what I'm doing, I have a plan. I just need you to trust me.]]
Do you have an ability that pertains to hinting you know things? This screams like Bluwii claiming they have a useful ability that cannot be fact checked.

vote: bluwiikoon
Bruh votes bluwii.

Because of that, I think there's a Self-Targeting Deflector in this game and the fact that Jackie was swapped Chibi, I have reasons to suspect that Jackie deflected to Chibi.

Then I thought to myself. Why would Jackie deflect to Chibi if Chibi's known to be a good scum hunter?]]
Shini mentions more about their role and Self Targeting deflector, that makes them sus of Jackie

[[Reuse a matching action.]]
??? I don't follow.

[[ i am extremely squinting at the posts about dadv. absymal vibes. -q ]]
Bruh wary of dadv.

[[Genuine question: Why are the vibes so abysmal in those posts (not that I agree with them, since I think it's too soon to declare "dead air" rn and Mafia have been known to take advantage of dead air for bussing purposes--see Shini, last game)?]]
Inke questions bruh about it.

[[Okay, so do we even KNOW that swapping happened at all?!? Right now, both Yellow and Seren claim to have made the mark. Yellow targeted uA. Seren targeted Chibi. So:
- uA has some sort of mark from Yellow (if no swap)
OR
- Chibi has Seren's mark AND Yellow's mark

[[Hold up, I do not like this AT ALL. You're unvoting bluwii because no one is defending Bluwii. So you're voting for Tetra because... no one is defending Tetra either?! Bluwii at least claimed an action and is refusing to talk about it. Tetra has been contributing at least a little and to vote her PURELY based off inactivity--while claiming to defend Bluwii due to his inactivity--does not feel safe for me in the slightest.]]

[[I am confident in my vote in Bluwii, for reasons previously stated. I also encourage Bench to speak up! I know he has a plan and is concerned about giving information too soon, but I think it's causing more confusion for the town.]]

[[I'm not about to change my vote, but this playstyle makes me a bit suspicious of Yellow. I'm not so sure there's a swapper anymore. I'll wait for Seren to have time to contribute to investigate this further.]]
Starlight breaks down what could be going on betweem Chibi, uA, Seren, and Yellow. Also wary of the votes backing off Bluwii and onto Tetra--they;re confident in Bluwii vote.

[[I'm suspicious of uA and Yellow. They started and joined a bandwagon on Bluwii, who rightfully has people on his back. Yellow is claiming to have tried to target uA but it was switched to Chibi--which maybe didn't even happen, I don't know. And now they're changing the bandwagon to a totally different player who isn't currently active... because the first bandwagon was on someone inactive. I do not like this at ALL.]]
Starlight sussing uA and Yellow now due to switch.

[[Yeah, I've got to admit town Jackie deflecting onto Chibi sounds pretty odd? On the meta level? Town doctor Jackie just heals Chibi the whole game. Unless like, they thought they'd get healed and wanted to get the heals onto Chibi? Either way, none of this is at all valid unless Jackie really is the deflector, which isn't exactly a surety.]]
Free points out that uA deflecting to Chibi would be weird.

"Because as much as I'm also skeptical of Sans / Bluwii until we hear more about what's going on, I really dislike the fact that we're going to vote Sans / Bluwii without hearing a defense? And also jumping ship to vote Tetra because she hasn't said much either, doesn't sit well with me either. Because these sounds like names that are being thrown at a dart board. Because we have nothing else to go on. And are judging based on lack of responses and inactivity :/"
Blossomw ary about bluwii vote

- I want to know what sans's 'blessing' actually does. I think we need to know, in order to remove suspicion from him.
- I don't think Laura [Jackie] is a Deflector, for much the same reasons as Dave.
- We need to wait for Kimiko [Seren] to explain why they think they put the mark on me. Speculation is meaningless until they clarify, which they said they will.
- I think Arctozolt should keep quiet about whatever the thing is because last time they got pressured into claiming early, it was super bad.
- I don't think Puck's Guardian [Yellow] would back out so instantly if she were mafia."
Chibi makes some points.

[[These are all fair points. Again, do we KNOW that a swap happened? Yellow could have targeted uA with something and uA is keeping quiet (and being kicked by glandular fever, so I'm very sympathetic to that).]]
[[This is another reason why I think there's a third party here; I don't think uA and Yellow are partners with Bluwii, but used him as an easy, early target and then hopped to another inactive together.]]
[[Okay, that makes more sense. Following Free's logic, I think uA is probably not a Self-Targeting Deflector--or at least, didn't use that ability last night.]]
Starlight makes some points.

[[I don’t know how much water that theory could hold, especially considering I’ve been absent all day and don’t know what updates I missed, but yeah, in essence, I jumped at the opportunity for some information and overthought it a little too much, really not thinking about how it made sense from a harmless lore standpoint and viewing it from more a “well if there’s a possibility one exists and is maybe town then the other might exist and is maybe scum.” Free’s play was tracking town-y to me so I freaked out when I saw Cresselia and thought “OH, A SCUM COUNTERPART MAYBE??? GIMME DEETS.”]
I respond to Wind's ping at me in regards to my drilling of Torchic about Cresselia.

I wanna clarify my previous post about switching vote: I was hoping to bait a real DADT and then realised I might hardly be around before EOD and Yellow already drew attention to it so nobody will fucking fall for it. That's not the same thing as "this is DADT". And I'm not joining Yellow bc Tetra is quiet, I'm joining bc Tetra is inconsistent with previous town play and I think playsktre chsnges are indicatice of an unfamiliar alignment! Csn we try to improve communication a littlw? Starting to fret that sone of this misinterpretation is deliberate time-wasting.]]
uA defends Flygon vote. They were also trying to bait DADT.

[[I am curious to hear from @Bluwiikoon what he had to say about the diamond? Otherwise, Bluwii's just... an inactive, who has claimed a power that's pretty suspect-sounding. I would not want to go for voting him until he has gotten a chance to speak up and explain exactly what he claims his voting power actually does (which I definitely agree he needs to do at this point; we need some answers here).]]

[[As Bluwii explained the voting ability, the target wouldn't know anything about it, so this does check out with Bluwii's claim - but that's because the claim is unfalsifiable.]]
Free wants to hear from Blu before voting for them.

[[This! Yes! Thank you!

I very clearly pointed out my reasons for why I’m suspicious of Tetra. And yes, the dead air comment made me rethink my vote because I hadn’t seen anybody really coming to Bluwii’s defense very actively, which worried me.

Also, my main reason for voting for Blu was to get him to talk. But people have pinged him so much, that I felt it was no longer necessary to keep my vote on him, so I wanted to switch it to someone else to also get them to talk. I’m trying to do some digging because a lot of y’all are silent and not saying much at all.

Frankly, the immediate push-back on me voting Tetra only has me more suspicious. Where was all this push-back when we voted for Bluwii? Why is everyone suddenly up in arms, especially since there’s still a full day left?

I’m perfectly willing to change my vote—but I want to hear something of substance from Tetra first. And from Bluwii, too, of course, but he already has tons of pressure on him.

I hope this cleared up some things!]]
Yellow defends her vote on Flygon.

"It says here that I'm a Jack of All Trades with four powers! A Healing Power, a Killing Power, a Self-targeting Deflector Power and a Roleblocking Power–" [[I can already use these powers at the start but only once per power.]] "–My Legendary allows me to regain one of these powers if I had used them already and when someone with a Power that matches one of my Powers targets me! Mr. Guardian thinks that Laura could be a Self-Targeting Deflector since I have it as a Power and there was a swap between Aija and Laura
Shini claims JOAT. Admittedly I don't understand it--are you claiming you think Jackie's a deflector because you got the power back after using it?? I don't follow at all.

[[I’ve only half been paying attention but did someone claim to be behind the diamond? I thought I saw that along with the hint that it would be very bad if it were given to the mafia. Some sort of lasting immunity / bulletproof role? In any case it might be good to not confirm anything if it is good. But if Ajia drops dead out of the blue, which I doubt she will if someone was dumb enough to claim they did the shiny thing, we have a suspect. In the meantime with this many players and an apparently slow kill rate today’s pick isn’t super urgent. Everything will probably fall into place like the end of a mystery novel on day three or something. That seems to be his role madness goes. Or maybe the early game and speed of revelations does matter if the mafia can get a higher rate of kills later on… once again I have many questions and few answers. I’ll try to be more active on future days. Probably won’t be around at all until end of day due to a prescheduled trip.]]
Persephone offers insight.

"Kekoa [persephone] starting out being suspicious of Dave... seems to match how his Guardian has played in the past--very cautious about believing stories that seem too convenient. Not sure if it means anything for alignment."

"Shimmer [wind] recently said some things I strongly agree with. I like how she was cautious about voting for sans. But at the same time, my Guardian has apparently been wrong about her a lot, so they're telling me to stay cautious, aha."

"I was feeling pretty uncertain about Fray [Shini], to be honest. A lot of posting trying to look helpful, while mostly just causing confusion. And I wish they hadn't revealed their power--all it did was cause even more confusion." Ajia sighed. "That said, I'm going to assume their power is real. I don't know if it's the sort of power that a mafia could have; I feel like anything can happen in this game. The things they've said could easily be someone playing innocent for the first time and trying to help solve mysteries."

"Winona [Torchic] has said a lot of things, but has mostly been kind of mixed up a lot. That would seem innocent to me, but... I can't rely on that in a game where the enemy can't explain things to each other."
Chibi makes a sus list.

"Fuck. This is making my head hurt. I guess, at the very least I can try to be useful and test out the Strings theory of saying our patron's name. I don't really see the connection between my power and my patron, so I doubt saying it will give away anything about what it is I can do. I think when someone has those Strings attack them, they're notified of it in some way. So if I say my patron, and then get told about the Strings, that's what does it I guess. Should I do it?"
Pano offers themselves up to be stringed.

Im NOT saying that Jackie targeted me. I'm saying that Jackie COULD be a Self-Targeting Deflector because I have that as one of my Powers. And the idea of having two swappers is a terrifying thought because my Legendary says that it someone targets me with a MATCHING power, I'd regain that ability.

I'm NOT saying I've regained the Deflector Power because I was targeted. I'm saying that Jackie COULD be a Deflector based on the swap between her and Chibi.

And the reason why I'm sus of her is that I find it very weird on why there was a swap between her and Chibi if she WAS a Deflector. Namo on their sign-up post said that the Cop if they've been swapped, wouldn't be notified that their target would be swapped.

And I'm suggesting that Jackie could've Deflected onto Chibi because of any potential reads on her since Free wasn't gonna be scanned by anyone for N1.]]
But what makes you think Jackie targeted you??? That's the part I think I'm confused about. This alleged swapping fiasco has something to do with Chibi and Jackie, so where did you come into play here? I guess you're saying you weren't targeted, but I don't understand the reveal here?

i don't have strong feelings about a tetra vote, although imo it's pretty likely she's just going to come back and explain that she's busy with other stuff and if that's a good enough reason for you then i think your vote is a bit weird, and if it isn't then i don't think i understand what reaction you're trying to draw out of her exactly. -q ]]
Bruh wary of Flygon vote.

I was never told if my power would or wouldn’t physically manifest as anything, which is why I’m not 100% sure if it’s mine or not. I do know that my power will leave a “status condition” of sorts on a player, so I assumed that’s what the mark was. However, I may have spoken too soon, depending on what Seren and Jackie have to say.
Yellow is unsure if the diamond is actually her or not????

This entire conversation has been running in circles and I don't know why you guys thought the diamonds had to be Yellow's after she clarified that they weren't mentioned in her PM. I wanted to hear from Seren since he seems to have more info about what happened last night.]]
Inke points out something from the signup that proves the diamond is not Yellow's.

[[So this means we're not even sure if there's been a swap between Chibi and Jackie unless Yellow's power does something to Jackie this night (Well, at least we know there's still a Self-targeting Deflector out there).]]
????? How do we know that?????? If there wasn't actually a swap????? I am so confused what.

"Alright. As some of you have already guessed, yes, I left the mark on Ajia."
"Someone here has guessed my legendary patron, whether or not due to my mentioning of the light clue, I'm not entirely sure, but either way, it's been mentioned. As I think we're still operating under the impression that speaking your own patron's name will get you some sort of cultist strings, I'm not going to do so. Now, this card," - she held it up and waved it; frustratingly, it remained blank to everyone else's eye - "...specifically states that the mark it leaves will be visible to everyone, so I knew that going into it, but I figured it better to cast blindly rather than just not use it, because it's definitely protective. In a game this large, I fully expected there to be more... chaos. 'So with so much else possibly going on, who would make this big a deal over one little glowy light show?' I thought. Guess I was wrong about that one."
Ah welp.

A) I guessed correctly and my ability did it's job
B) No one used the ability that causes the affliction that I can cure, so no one shows any signs or got notified because there's nothing there
C) Someone IS inflicted with it but hasn't spoken up for some godforsaken reason?
D) Someone IS inflicted but doesn't know it.
Ohhhhhh so you targeted Chibi because you figured scum would try to infect them with something??? But now it's possible somebody else was infected with whatever ailment and either isn't aware or hasn't come forward?? If I followed that right.

I did not assume I was blocked for two reasons: 1) I thought the diamond was proof that my action went through, and 2) my passive ability is that I cannot be blocked.

With all that said…I can’t help but side-eye Jackie just a tad, because I can’t think of a good reason why they wouldn’t speak up about it as a townie. They could have very easily said something without giving away any vital information about their own role. I know they’ve been struggling to keep up because of illness and irl stuff so I’ll cut them a little slack, but even still, they didn’t need to be caught up on the thread to say something. Idk I just find it a little odd, but it’s very possible it just…didn’t occur to them to say something I guess.
Yellow hath claimed that she cannot be blocked. Remind me again, would Jackie have been notified of your "mark" left on them?? I've been at this for three hours and my brain is fried so I do not remember what you specifically said about your role :')

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
??? How do we know that?????? If there wasn't actually a swap????? I am so confused what.
[[Again, my Legendary states that if someone uses a Matching power on me, it'd let me reuse one of the powers. For instance, I have 4 powers: Healer, Killer, Self Deflector and Blocker.

The legendary says that if someone uses a Matching power, look closely at what I mean by matching, on me. I'd get it back if I've already use it.

The reason why i suspected Jackie was a Deflector is because I have a power that matches a Deflector's and there was a swap (Although now there's new info that there wasn't a swap) which means there's a Self-Deflector, a Roleblocker, a Healer and a Killing Role in this 20 (now, 19) player lobby. (Because my Legendary says if someone uses a Matching power on me, I'd regain them)

And with the fact that Yellow was 'maybe' wrong about there being a swap, I no longer sus Jackie as much as I did earlier.

But the fact that my Legendary says that I need a Matching action to be used on me to restore one of my powers, I think there's a pretty high chance there's a Roleblocker, a Self-Deflector, Doctor and a Killing role in this game.

Also is it normal to have a Self-Deflector and a regular Swapper in a lobby?

And look, I only revealed my role because I thought that Jackie was sus because of the swap, but now that apparently there wasn't a swap (Not much evidence on whether there was a swap now). My reveal now looks like a bad idea but well, it's already too late to take that back.

But hey, at least we know now there's a Self-Deflector and Roleblocker in this lobby because of my Legendary.

(Namo could've also just not roll one of these roles and is like laughing at how insane this sounds)]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Gonna get caught up but wanna say a few things first:

1. Thank you, Inke, for being the voice of reason and putting the swapping argument to rest
2. Impressed with Sind's beeg post
3. @ShiniGojira: if you get targeted with a kill attempt, then you can kill again? Does that mean being targeted by nightkill will not kill you?

I need to re-read the last few pages and will give more thoughts more once caught up.]]

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
. @ShiniGojira: if you get targeted with a kill attempt, then you can kill again? Does that mean being targeted by nightkill will not kill you?
[[If I survive the kill then yes. But as of now, I still have the Kill role active since I haven't used it yet. So my Legendary won't do anything rn.]]

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[Also also, I have roughly 5-6 hours left before I sleep and my EoD is at 6 AM so I won't be active after 5-6 hours.]]

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[And no, I will not survive the kill attempt.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Caught up. Feel like shit. Hi.

So.

1. There was no swap at all?? Good grief. I don't think Yellow was trying to lead us on a wild goose chase, I'm sure she's Diancie or some shit, but that certainly is frustrating.

2. Yes, something happened in the night, but both me and Chibi were targeted with powers, right? I've been under the impression all day two that I was hit with something meant for Chibi, and I've been making assumptions about what that means about Chibi's alignment, and now all that thinking is irrelevant because we weren't swapped after all. Goddamnit.

3. Shini's deflector idea is driving me nuts. I'm going to get out of bed specifically so I can use my laptop to try and argue through what I think they're saying and why I don't like it. It is 9:40am and I don't wanna be awake but I'm annoyed about what I consider flimsy reasoning and I wanna unpick it.

Also I wanna roleplay, damnit.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Also, if there was no swap, I think I know what Yellow is, and if I'm right, I'm pretty fucking sure she's town. Which reminds me, I gotta make a readlist. Shame I can only have ten icons per post...]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Rereading D2 a bit and I think I noticed what Seren was trying to say.]]

[[I think this was what Seren meant when they were talking about the diamond not being Yellow's doing. Seren tried to suggest that the diamond was their doing and that it might be a good one, this lead me to believe that Seren might be a townie.

"Hey, a little late, but at least someone finally picked up on my hints..."

"I also have to agree that the Linoone has been a bit quiet and feels a bit off. My guardian says they're going to try and go back and look at their guardian's older plays and see if it leads to any insight.

"Going to agree with this one. My guardian feels this is beyond simple "I'm busy" from the linoone and their guardian at this point, since as has been said, this game wildly contradicts all of their previous games. There's only been one vague attempt at posting up until this point; I've yet to finish the thread of course so maybe she does turn up, in which case I'll re-evaluate, but I'm also very curious what's up here right now. Add sans to that list, too, while we're at it. ...Who else haven't we heard from?"

[[ Someone's eager to move on from the diamond subject, huh? ]]

"...Your point?"

[[I think she means Chibi wouldn't be an investigation target for the towncop. For checking roles/powers, then Chibi would be a likely target--I just don't think the alignment is doubted much.]]

"Yeah, this was clarified for me already by Ajia, but thank you!"

[[I think she means Chibi wouldn't be an investigation target for the towncop.
[[I think we can put this theory to rest for now, as it seems like consensus is that a town cop (assuming this game has one) would go after Chibi

[[ Except then immediately following that both of these statements in the same post contradict each other? What? ]]

[[Wait wait wait, maybe I've been misreading. PUCK put the swap? I had the impression that Seren did, and Yellow just saw Chibi and uA being switched.]]

"Wh... where did you get the idea that I did the swap? I was the one arguing it wasn't a swap!"

[[ Kimiko, please, chill out, yeah? Let's get caught up before we start getting aggressive. ]]

It is possible that I am mistaken and the mark is not from my action. However I was very sure of it originally.

"Why??? Why were you so sure you left the mark, if it wasn't in your legendary card? You gotta give us something here."

[[ Yes I know there are still posts... ]]

Unvote: Bluwii

VOTE: Tetra]]

"Ah, there it is. Okay, the reasoning behind this is solid enough, but given that I'm already very suspicious of you, I can't help but see this from a perspective of "mafia voting for one of their own (sans) to attempt to ease suspicion on that member.

"But with that said... the vote lands on someone else a lot of people are at least mildly suspicious of, so... that really doesn't give us a lot, either."

"...I still trust him and think he's innocent, but he's not as good in my books anymore."

[[ lmao Bench, thank you so much for bringing back Arctozolt! They're a riot and a half. ]]

- Chibi has Seren's mark AND Yellow's mark

Kimiko frowned. "This is, admittedly, a possibility I hadn't considered, however it's also one I feel comfortable dismissing. I was allowed to choose the shape my mark appeared in, so unless Puck also selected their mark so show up as a diamond, this doesn't fit. That, or Ajia doesn't know she's affected by whatever Puck did because Puck's marks are not visible to others? But that still implies we're following the "Laura/Ajia were swapped" theory, which I just. See no reason to believe at this point."

Also, my guardian finds it really unlikely that Laura's guardian would Deflect onto me."

"Based on what I know about the pair of them, I'm just gonna add that I also find this highly unlikely.

"That's not a fucking fact, though, is it? The Snivy's sure been disputing that. I guess this opens the possibility that both her and the Quagsire are right? They both put diamonds on her, because Kimiko targeted her directly, and Quagsire targeted Laura who's redirecting everything to Ajia?"

Kimiko turned to Dave. "I'm not saying it didn't go down this way, but I think it would be a very crazy coincidence if it did since, as I said above, I was allowed to choose the shape my marking took, unless she somehow knew what I was doing and copied me, which I find equally unlikely."

But even then it kind of feels clumsier than I'd expect from them as mafia?

"In regards to the on-again-off-again Bluwii vote train... maybe it feels clumsier due to no Mafia day chat? I gotta keep reminding myself the same thing, so maybe that's why. Maybe they're either trying to carry out a pre-agreed plan from last night, or are just trying to piggyback off each other based purely on each other's posts?"

[[ Looks like Inke sniped us on this one. ]]

Where it's basically turning into "everyone word against each other".

"That's mafia for ya," Kimiko said, shaking her head. "I can back my claim up if necessary, however; I'd really rather not point out who I'm planning to mark tonight, but if anyone thinks that's necessary, by all means, tell me. I don't see what it will accomplish if everyone believes Puck/Yellow can also mark people though, since she could just repeat today's performance, other than her agreeing to mark someone different tonight beforehand.

On that note, however, the mafia or whoever can just swap our targets around to fuck with us. Assuming there is a swapper in this game, but again, I was never arguing that there wasn't (and I very much think there is), only that swapping was not involved with my night action."

[[These are all fair points. Again, do we KNOW that a swap happened? Yellow could have targeted uA with something and uA is keeping quiet (and being kicked by glandular fever, so I'm very sympathetic to that).]]

[[ Can I just ask again why no one besides me has even thought of the idea that Yellow was simply blocked, and that's why her ability didn't seem to do anything?? Was this addressed and I just missed it somewhere? Because I don't recall seeing anything about it ever, which is why I brought it up myself previously, and even that didn't get attention. It certainly could pose the question "why was Yellow targeted above X or Y to be blocked then??" but it's still the best explanation I have as to why she insists her ability did something even though it doesn't appear to have. ]]

and my mind automatically jumped to the idea that if there’s the Dread-giver and the curer, one could be scum and one could be town

[[ I could believe this tbh, especially in a role madness game. I was honestly afraid of this in Second Anni with the arsonist, and I very much would not be surprised if this was the case here, too. It's also why I'm not terribly worried about having spilled half of my ability role; I can still be useful to mafia, assuming they don't control the very power I can cure. ]]

[[And so if Seren is responsible, then should we ditch the swap theory? Guess we'll have to wait for his input to find out more about this. As of now, they're both claiming it. Could both be town, mistaken about their powers, or someone trying to cause confusion?]]

"In this case, I think we need to, yes. Emphasizing that a swapper could still exist, again, but not involved in this particular engagement."

So many people to keep track of. Ajia could feel her head spinning. Everyone wanted her to have the answer. They needed her to have the answer. She couldn't rest, not now.

[[ Aw poor Ajia, now I feel guilty for all the stress. :( ]]

"Urgh, no that doesn't make any sense!" Sidney retracted all of the spines he'd been counting and threw his hands up in disgust. "We're waiting on the Snivy and the Slakoth to explain things and why do I get the feeling they're not gonna actually explain anything when they do talk!"

"Well, I hope I proved you wrong there," Kimiko snarked in the cacturne's direction.

It's obvious the Quagsire can bestow something, but then they don't even know what the thing they give looks like? How's that possible?"

[[Hoping this has been answered/addressed by the time I make this post, but if not, I'm mentioning it again here for this to be re-asked. ]]

So if I say my patron, and then get told about the Strings, that's what does it I guess. Should I do it?"

"I'd very much wait on this if I were you, at least for now," Kimiko added. "I've basically already given my patron away so it won't be hard for someone to guess it, assuming that it's involuntary and they aren't forced to pick only one person to string at a time. Given that Dave got his during the middle of the day, I'm inclined to think it's more likely a passive effect that will trigger later. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, I'd advise against it. I'll let you know if I survive the night whether or not I get strings on me. [[ so far in the three hours since getting home and posting, I have not heard anything about it. ]]

Maybe Yellow was blocked? I'm a little baffled why Yellow doesn't know what her power manifests as, tbh

[[omg thank fuck, it only took until the final page for someone besides me to even consider this possibility! Also yes, why wouldn't you know what your power even looks like Yellow?? ]]

I was never told if my power would or wouldn’t physically manifest as anything, which is why I’m not 100% sure if it’s mine or not. I do know that my power will leave a “status condition” of sorts on a player, so I assumed that’s what the mark was. However, I may have spoken too soon, depending on what Seren and Jackie have to say.

"This just makes my sus of you go way, way up, honestly. The only other status condition I know of has not yet been mentioned, and it's the one my ability cures. Does that mean there aren't other abilities we don't know about yet? Of course not. But it certainly doesn't make you look any better here, sorry to say."

I was never told if my power would or wouldn’t physically manifest as anything, which is why I’m not 100% sure if it’s mine or not.

"Also... this just makes me feel like I revealed my power for essentially no real reason, because you didn't even know what your own ability does? To someone you yourself have claimed/admitted to not even targeting? Why would you jump from 'I targeted Laura' to 'oh no my target must have been swapped' without knowing that your ability would show up on your target?? None of this makes any sense. Also not a good look. If I thought voting for you had a shot in hell of succeeding today, I would do it."

This entire conversation has been running in circles and I don't know why you guys thought the diamonds had to be Yellow's after she clarified that they weren't mentioned in her PM.

[[ ahem FFFFFFUUUUUU---- ]]

Kimiko winced as her guardian stone suddenly began emitting a sharp screech, as though a microphone had been dropped to the ground.

"Yeah, I didn't remember the rulebook either, buddy. Literally just revealed half my ability for no reason. God damn it."

[[ Post 2/2 catch-up apparently. Still some posts to get to tonight that cropped up after my clarification posts so I'll address those separately. ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[So after ALL OF THAT.....]]

Odette was red in the face. She was pissed. She was fucking fried.

"I think...I believe the Snivy," she said as evenly as she could.

[[I haven't played enough with Seren to get a solid feel on their play (last game their posts felt similar, with that identical level of inactivity and whatever and they flipped scum), but something about that long explanation post feels way more concrete than how they played last game--their posts always asked more questions than answered them, and that explanation basically explained everything on their end, and I feel good about it.]]

She suddenly whipped around and pointed an accusing finger at the Quagsire. "But you. Had us running in circles for what?"

[[ I absolutely do not know what to think of Yellow right now and I think it's because I'm still trying to get all my Duckletts in a row because FUCK was I going in circles with all that. I can absolutely believe the blunder, but AHHHHHHHHHH MY BRAIN, WHY. Also please know Odette's Anger Issue Central(TM), I myself would take a bullet for Puck, pls pls pls know that's just her.]]

"Shut the fuck up before I really lose my goddamn mind," Odette raged.

[[See, see, she's real frustrated.]]

[[Again, my Legendary states that if someone uses a Matching power on me, it'd let me reuse one of the powers. For instance, I have 4 powers: Healer, Killer, Self Deflector and Blocker.

The legendary says that if someone uses a Matching power, look closely at what I mean by matching, on me. I'd get it back if I've already use it.
[[So are you saying saying that you were targeted by a Deflector?? I guess that makes sense about what your legendary is saying, that somebody would need to target you with the same ability to replenish it, which I can understand would make you believe there is another one...

OHHHH wait I get it.

So assuming based on what your card said, you figured, based on this probable swap, Jackie was that other Self Deflector that you think is present in the game??????????]]

Shini, please excuse my bluntness, and I'm sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but you are confusing the absolute HELL out of me. I don't know what to think of you because 75% of your posts have scattered my brain. Why are you still so sure there's a Self Deflector........if based on these new revelations.....there most likely wasn't a swap that happened? Granted my brain is absolutely mush right now and I probably should NOT be making a readlist after that summary post but I am, so if I glazed over something please enlighten me. I cannot for the life of me understand why you claimed JOAT in the first place to point out Jackie might be a deflector if you weren't actually targeted, it's just not making sense to me.

Ignoring the annoying voice, Odette turned her accusing tentacle onto the Arctozolt. She was practically yelling at this point.

"I do not fucking understand why you would indicate that you know something then NOT share it. At that point, you're better off keeping any indication that you know something to yourself and then revealing it when you can, instead of painting a target on your back like you just did. It's putting up a massive flag for me. You say "trust you" but that feels in the same vein as that fucking Slakoth's "I have a power that I can give somebody but that person won't know that they got it so it can't really be fact checked so you kind of have to wait and see what happens." Why should we trust you when you haven't offered anything substantial to back that up?"

[[I'm really sorry, her boyfriends aren't here to calm her down and I only make these flare up worse, so I really don't know what to do to reel her in here. But, in nicer words, I agree that that probably wasn't the move and I feel really really weird about it, big sussy baka vibes right now.]]

The next target of her venom-coated words was the Slakoth on the chopping block.

"You," she jeered. "You rolling up with your claim is damn questionable in itself, and I'm eyeing you even more because you had the opportunity to say more in your early day post and really didn't. You knew people were going to have questions, you knew people were side eyeing you at the end of the day, so why wouldn't you have taken that post to explain yourself thoroughly instead of just 'btw that diamond had nothing to do with me'?"

[[Wait, wait, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Bluwii just didn't have time, I know everyone be having IRL stuff getting in the way (damn guilty) but like, I am DESPERATE for some more words from them after spending 3 hours wading through people saying "I NEED MORE FROM BLUWII" like for the love of gods please I'm begging you, Blu, I will have Guzma pay the overdue naughty tax, please.]]

Odette's shoulders stiffened, and she seemed to come out of her anger haze for a moment. "What naughty tax does he have to pay?"

[[That's not important right now, please carry on.]]

She inhaled sharply, and she was suddenly pissed again, whipping around to glare at the Swellow. However, her look wasn't nearly as intense as it had been on the others she'd screamed at.

"I'm probably going to regret this," she said, trying her best to lower her voice. "This is going to look really, really, really bad on my end after that drilling I gave you yesterday but...I cannot shake you off my radar, but now for a completely different reason."

[[So I'll take over this explanation. Torchic, I know you're new to this game and all, but all of your posts so far just seem really follower-ish. Like, you're sus of Jackie and Chibi for the alleged swap (that I guess hasn't happened) when there was plenty of indication that such a swap wasn't indicative enough that either one of them were scum or town? I feel like you threw that out there because there was some speculation over it, and you seem like you're just trying to keep up and stay on with the current popular hypothesis. Again, I KNOW you're new to the game and completely understand that--you could entirely be playing that way because you're trying to get your bearings, but I made the mistake last game of giving two newer/less experienced players the benefit of the doubt, knowing DAMN WELL my red flags were flying up all over the place, and they BOTH flipped scum in the end. I fully admit that this is more of a me being paranoid thing, and not really anything that is 100% of your doing, but I cannot shake the vibe.]]

Odette exhaled another long, shaky breath, and she slumped to the floor. Her bulbous head hung low as that usual bout of exhaustion took over her. It was great to know that even in this weird body, she was still stuck in the clutches of her otherworldly anger.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
So assuming based on what your card said, you figured, based on this probable swap, Jackie was that other Self Deflector that you think is present in the game??????????]]
[[Yes! That's what I was thinking!]]
Shini, please excuse my bluntness, and I'm sorry if I'm being a little harsh, but you are confusing the absolute HELL out of me. I don't know what to think of you because 75% of your posts have scattered my brain. Why are you still so sure there's a Self Deflector........if based on these new revelations.
[[I am so sorry for how confusing my posts had been and I'm sure there's a Self Deflector because I have that power and I need someone to use it on me to regain that power if I use it.

Same for why I think there's a Roleblocker somewhere.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Hold on, back up for a minute there. You're saying your power cures a status effect that can later kill? Is there anything indicating that multiple targets can be primed at once? Sounds like there might be an arsonist looking to light up the party."

"It doesn't specify in the slightest what this ability I can cure actually does to it's target, only that I can cure it. So it might possibly be a delayed kill thing, yeah. Suffice to say, that's not all I can do, and... while I don't know if there's a way multiple people can be primed at once, I have reason to suspect it's possible."

Bruh, why did you pick a freaking diamond of all shapes

[[ I mean, I addressed this, too! "lulz I haev a character named Diamond, wouldn't it be funny if people made the connection??" I wonder if it would have been more obviously "Me" if I went with a star shape to match Kimiko's necklace but I suspect that would have been equally subtle, if not more so. ]]

Ohhhhhh so you targeted Chibi because you figured scum would try to infect them with something??? But now it's possible somebody else was infected with whatever ailment and either isn't aware or hasn't come forward?? If I followed that right.

"This is correct, yes. I didn't think it likely anyone would try to kill Ajia/Chibi given their history and likeliness to be protected somehow on night one, but it would still be possible for something like dread to bypass a doctor/protection role, outside of a swap, which I know for a fact did not occur. So I made a blind educated guess, and attempted to shield Ajia from one of the things I can actually protect people from.

As far as whether or not someone else is infected and doesn't know/hasn't come forward... well, possibly. We don't know this yet for a fact. I vaguely recall (I think) Torchic saying they didn't use their ability last night, but that's hardly proof that they're the one I'm able to counter. There could be a hundred reasons why they didn't."

2. Yes, something happened in the night, but both me and Chibi were targeted with powers, right? I've been under the impression all day two that I was hit with something meant for Chibi, and I've been making assumptions about what that means about Chibi's alignment, and now all that thinking is irrelevant because we weren't swapped after all. Goddamnit.

Kimiko sighed, frowning at Laura. "I'm really sorry. This is exactly the thing I tried to avoid with my hints that I knew what the diamond was very early. The swapper thing just fucked with that completely.

"This doesn't answer just what it was that Puck/Yellow was trying to do to you, however, or why you have no knowledge of it."

[[Also, if there was no swap, I think I know what Yellow is, and if I'm right, I'm pretty fucking sure she's town. Which reminds me, I gotta make a readlist. Shame I can only have ten icons per post...]]

Another frown. She suspected Laura was trustworthy, but given how much has happened so far, this wasn't something Kimiko could just turn around on a dine without some solid evidence. "So you really feel like this was just one big misunderstanding?"

"I think...I believe the Snivy," she said as evenly as she could.

[[I haven't played enough with Seren to get a solid feel on their play (last game their posts felt similar, with that identical level of inactivity and whatever and they flipped scum), but something about that long explanation post feels way more concrete than how they played last game--their posts always asked more questions than answered them, and that explanation basically explained everything on their end, and I feel good about it.]]

And this time Kimiko smiled, although mostly because once she saw Odette in a rage, she decided the jellicent had enough anger for the both of them right now. She reached out a vine and pat the giant squid on the top of the head lightly. She prayed it would be taken as comforting.

[[Yes! That's what I was thinking!]]

[[I am so sorry for how confusing my posts had been and I'm sure there's a Self Deflector because I have that power and I need someone to use it on me to regain that power if I use it.

Same for why I think there's a Roleblocker somewhere.]]

"To 're-gain' it, you say... does that mean you used it already last night? What happens if someone uses a power on you that you already still possess? Like, you say you have a one-shot doctor ability. What happens if another doctor protects you before you've used yours? Do you get like, two uses of yours? Or nothing? Or do you even know? (I really wouldn't be entirely surprised if this wasn't told to you, not even out of GM trying to hide what your role can do but simply out of not considering it.)

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
does that mean you used it already last night?

"Actually, Fray, don't answer this part. I missed the part where you added "if I use it" on the end and assumed you just told everyone you had no protection. Feel free to clarify the rest, though."

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
To 're-gain' it, you say... does that mean you used it already last night? What happens if someone uses a power on you that you already still possess? Like, you say you have a one-shot doctor ability. What happens if another doctor protects you before you've used yours? Do you get like, two uses of yours? Or nothing? Or do you even know?
[[I've already used my Heal on someone and if a doctor uses it on me, I can use it again on the next night.

If someone uses a power on me that I still possess, it won't do anything. I'll still only get to use it once since it says 'restore' not 'add'. ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Nice fucking post, Sind. Now I'm worried I've been townreading Yellow too hard, jesus fucking christ. And that's happened before. I'll think about these ideas some more later after I take apart this deflector thing. As I said last night in an illness-addled daze, though, I have a lot of irl shit on today, so... Fuck, I guess I'll do what I can. As y'all know, I'm constitutionally incapable of not going pretty hard on Mafia.

Also, I keep wanting to reply to a ton of things but there literally isn't enough time in my day and I keep wanting to go back to sleep BUT if Shini is telling the truth, doesn't that suggest the doc (and I'm assuming there must be one) should just keep targeting Shini to make them function as a second doc...? I am. So sick of being confused all the time. But that sounds pretty wild.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Courtney looked at the yelling Jellicent with a content smile on her face. Now things were getting heated up! She liked that Jellicent. She spoke sense and had such a way with words.

Leaping to her feet, she jaunted over to Odette.

"Hey! Feels good, doesn't it, to get out all of that anger? It's soooo freeing and relieving! Good on you for letting it all out. I think you would make a GREAT Team Magma grunt! You wanna join? I think you and I would make great friends!"

Courtney started circling around the other players gathered together, a spring still in her step. As much as she appreciated seeing others shout, she preferred to process externally.

"SO! Lots of fun stuff happening. The Snivy has cleared up plenty of things. The Quagsire and Froslass are causing a lot of confusion, and the Arctozolt and Slakoth have been nigh-useless. And Winona..."

Courtney stopped, staring straight at the Swellow with a gleam in her ruby eyes. "Following every hypothesis and claiming to not use your powers. How much of a leader are you, really? The Hoenn League has turned out to be even less competent than I imagined..." She switched her gaze to Sidney. "You, admittedly, have been quite helpful. I still think we should hang out sometime! What do you say?"

[[I'm caught up on the thread, and I'm going to bed in a few hours. I don't know if I'll be around for the end of day, since that's 8 AM for me. I'll look over my notes and am going to make a reads list soon and put it here. Until then, I just want to quickly point out:
[[ Except then immediately following that both of these statements in the same post contradict each other? What? ]]
That was a typo I made in my post, sorry about that. I meant to say 'wouldn't,' instead of 'would.' Curse you, non-editing.

[[ Can I just ask again why no one besides me has even thought of the idea that Yellow was simply blocked, and that's why her ability didn't seem to do anything?? Was this addressed and I just missed it somewhere? Because I don't recall seeing anything about it ever, which is why I brought it up myself previously, and even that didn't get attention. It certainly could pose the question "why was Yellow targeted above X or Y to be blocked then??" but it's still the best explanation I have as to why she insists her ability did something even though it doesn't appear to have. ]]
I know you're still getting caught up, but Yellow later points out that she cannot be blocked. But yes lol, I was dumb for not thinking about it.

We don't know this yet for a fact. I vaguely recall (I think) Torchic saying they didn't use their ability last night,
You are correct, Torchic claimed that back somewhere.
Another frown. She suspected Laura was trustworthy, but given how much has happened so far, this wasn't something Kimiko could just turn around on a dine without some solid evidence. "So you really feel like this was just one big misunderstanding?"
"I'm a bit suspicious of this, too," Courtney mused. "Laura both seems to know and not know what happened to her. When everyone suspected she had been swapped with Ajia, and whatever was meant for her landed on Ajia, she went along with it. But now that we know a swap happened, she's convinced that she knows The Quag's power and that he's innocent. So, Laura? Do you know what happened to you from the Quagsire, or not?"

[[I know Jack is sick and I feel bad for putting Laura on the spot, I just want to give my two cents here.]]
[[I've already used my Heal on someone and if a doctor uses it on me, I can use it again on the next night. ]]
"You did? Would you mind telling us who you targeted? In a game this big, a number of the players were shocked only one was murdered away last night. It could be possible that you succeeded in healing the other."

[[Thoughts on this from others? I don't know if revealing this information (if it's true) would be helpful or create more theories/confusion for town.]]

Top Bottom