• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ to me the night skip seems best reserved for a situation where we think town will probably lose or enter mylo if kills are carried out in the night. -q ]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"... Right so given that we're about to hit EoD. Should I survive the whole voting fiasco, the Chatot and I figured now would be a good time to ask town's thoughts about who I should investigate? Minus some individuals we already have in mind to check out?" Nanu asked curiously.

While keeping an eye on the countdown that would decide his fate. Now that EoD was approaching in less than 4hrs"

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["Aka. If there's a specific person town would like to suggest for who should be investigated. Ping and let me know otherwise if we survive then I'll continue on track with what I'm doing and report back the results on D4" ] ]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"My personal suggestion?" Shimmer began, shifting some of the sand around to make a spot comfortable enough to sit in while keeping one eye on Arctozolt and Sydney. "Look at pokemon you're suspicious of. Look at pokemon that feel like they have an agenda. I'd start by looking at who does and doesn't want to skip tonight, and work backwards from there."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[IMO? Probably people who feel really under the radar/mild susses. too. People no one has sussed at all much yet, but also not guranteed town.

We clearly have at least.... idk a few stealth scum for sure]]
[["Aka. If there's a specific person town would like to suggest for who should be investigated. Ping and let me know otherwise if we survive then I'll continue on track with what I'm doing and report back the results on D4" ] ]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ isn't the person blossomleaf is hunting TP rather than mafia? i'm not sure such a player would have an "agenda" during the day, by the sounds of it they're just motivated to shoot during the night and don't care who they land on or what happens during the day as long as they aren't on the chopping block. i would definitely shoot for null reads personally, or people who feel disengaged/unbothered. as far as i'm concerned mafia and TP are mutually exclusive so if you think someone might be scum you shouldn't inspect them. -q ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Argue as much as you like about skipping the night. I couldn't care less," Mademoiselle snarled. She looked just about ready to skip the formalities to get rid of the slakoth on her own. The only thing that stopped her was the fact that their little host wouldn't have any of it and would try to stop her in some way.

"Nevertheless," Mademoiselle began--pen and blank card manifesting in her talons for the third time. "This day has proved enlightening regarding a few of you, which may be useful for the next day if I do not make it."

The next minute or so was accompanied by the sound of scribbling, after which, Mademoiselle threw the card towards the center of the gathered group. "I will be far harsher with my reads next time. If there is a next time."

HARD TOWN
Reserved for players who have solid roleclaims that check out, making me confident in their innocence.​
- Dave (Dragonfree)
- Shimmer (windskull)
- Aster (AbraPunk)
- Arctozolt (IFBench)
- Kimiko (Seren)

TOWN
- Ajia (Chibi Pika) - Strong pro-town play. Strongest Town Read based on posts alone.

SOFT TOWN
- Princess (bruh moment) - Generally mixed but have made several strong points that makes me inclined to town-read them.
- Fray (ShinjiGojira) - Very mixed feelings. On one hand, playstyle differs drastically from when he was Mafia and scum!JOAT keeps throwing me off. On the other, good points were brought up in regards to how Jackie interacted with him, but am willing to extend some BotD for now.

NULL
- Courtney (Starlight Aurate) - I do like her points quite a bit, however, is very Third-party oriented which brings up the very real possibility that she's scum trying to look good. Will need to give a closer read.
- Odette (Sinderella) - Summaries are nice, but I haven't noticed too many points being brought up, which feels a bit out-of-character for Sind.
- Kekoa (Persephone) - Not much to say.
- Cosmo (Flyg0n) - See above.
- Tricky (SparklingEspeon) - Post more, please.

MILD SIDE-EYE
- Winona (Just a Torchic) - Hasn't been making too many points, mainly just reiterating what others have said, enough to cause some mild concern.

SUPSICIOUS
- Sidney (Panoramic_Vacuum) - Very iffy about her play. Don't like the blatant defense of suspicious players. Perhaps not scum but possibly a hostile TP.
- Nanu (Blossomleaf) - I hate to be that person, but her claim is a mess from start to finish and I am very skeptical of it. It feels far too circumstantial and I'm doubtful that delayed powers are in the game with the lack of odd/even night actions and % of working actions. Additionally, her posts and play have been pretty wafflely and anti-town, dodging questions like a champ and generally not being all that helpful.

YEET
- sans (Bluwiikoon)

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Do Cacturnes have ears? Because you seem to have completely ignored what everyone has said about delayed massive kills.

"Um... wasn't Sidney among the first players to speculate about this? Pretty sure they're aware of the likelihood. Honestly, it does feel to me like you've been tunneling a little hard on Sidney and I'm not sure why. It's pretty unlikely he was in league with sans since the beginning, and if no one's yet been converted, which I feel like we'd have known by now, then there hasn't been any point where they could have been working together. Yes, I can see why him distancing himself now may look... curious, but given that sans outed himself I think anyone would try to distance themselves from association at that point.

"For what it's worth, I agree with Dave. I don't see any benefits to skipping the night phase at this point. Sure, Mafia won't get to use abilities, but neither will anyone else. All they'd be missing is scumchat. Meanwhile, the rest of us still have little other information at this point other than some vague side-eyeing of Fray. Using it now really doesn't get us anything. I get that using the ability so we don't let it go to waste is tempting, but... what does it actually accomplish? If we use it and make no further progress, it will have been wasted the same as if it's user was taken out in the night anyway.

A few people have already said this, but it's best saved for a more dire scenario. Right now, we have a possible TP SK (was this what we think Nanu's target can do?) who can't act until D4 at best, so there's no danger tonight. We also have a cultist who may (unlikely?) or may not have already recruited some members. Assuming that I'm still the counter to that, Arctozolt at least is safe. Ajia was safe as of yesterday, assuming sans can't actually recruit people in the night. I can mark one of either Nanu or Mademoiselle tonight, too, although if sans gets voted out now, who I target becomes mostly irrelevant.

"I'm also not sure what to make of Courtney right now. Skipping the night phase means mafia would have to wait longer to discuss their plans, and this aggressive push for skipping the night phase could be possibly seen as wanting to make them sweat a little longer... but that would only make sense if they had anything urgent to fear, and right now, it doesn't feel like they do.

"... Right so given that we're about to hit EoD. Should I survive the whole voting fiasco, the Chatot and I figured now would be a good time to ask town's thoughts about who I should investigate? Minus some individuals we already have in mind to check out?" Nanu asked curiously.

While keeping an eye on the countdown that would decide his fate. Now that EoD was approaching in less than 4hrs"

"Whether or not you survive depends on whether sans was lying or not, since it looks like he's about to be voted out in the next few hours. If you survive that... well, the person you're hunting won't be active this yet this coming night phase, right? So it would probably be in their best interests for both parties, regardless of what your faction is, to leave you alone for another night.

"Also, for clarification; yes, being able to increase the number of players you can inspect per night is definitely something not very common; usually most inspection abilities only let you target one player a night. It makes more sense now that we know it can only reveal one specific target, but that's where all of that confusion came in.

"As for who you investigate. I'd be willing to let you clear me, if you'd like, but I promise that I'm not the person you're looking for. As was suggested, look for people under the radar that you haven't already cleared. I'm... a little bit cautious of Sidney and Courtney right now, myself, but for different reasons."

- Sidney (Panoramic_Vacuum) - Very iffy about her play. Don't like the blatant defense of suspicious players. Perhaps not scum but possibly a hostile TP.

"Is there a universe here in which Sidney is the other cult leader, the one responsible for the strings? I'd have to go back and comb through their interactions regarding sans, but they've been talking about the multiple cult theory very early on..."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I couldn't not finish my Yellow read, and still really don't feel great about Yellow, but that's neither here nor there today; I'm certainly not eager to vote out the person who might be able to nightskip based on vibes at this point in the game, and it doesn't sound like anyone else is very interested in considering that slot a suspect, so I'm not going to bother commenting on every post here. The most notable thing in the rest was this:]]

With all that said…I can’t help but side-eye Jackie just a tad, because I can’t think of a good reason why they wouldn’t speak up about it as a townie. They could have very easily said something without giving away any vital information about their own role. I know they’ve been struggling to keep up because of illness and irl stuff so I’ll cut them a little slack, but even still, they didn’t need to be caught up on the thread to say something. Idk I just find it a little odd, but it’s very possible it just…didn’t occur to them to say something I guess.
[[...which, to be fair, I am reading as somewhat towny. Bringing up Jackie not revealing something as their partner, even in this very soft way, is calling attention to something she just didn't have to do at all, and as distancing goes, she had already cast mild suspicion on Jackie, so for mafia!Yellow she probably would've considered herself to have checked that box, and it seems less likely she'd deliberately go bring up another reason to be suspicious of them.

I got super scummy vibes off her reaction to my vote, and all in all don't feel great about the manner in which she pushed Bluwii or Tetra, so all in all I'm not willing to consider her/Abra cleared until we see something more persuasive than just the claim (obviously, if they really have the nightskip power, though, there's no way that's a scum power). However, I accept we shouldn't be going for them tomorrow or anything.

I want to take another look at the full picture of Shini's own posts. And then maybe like... Starlight? I don't really think it's likely Pano is a cultist; I think it seems perfectly believable she just... believed Bluwii, and then obviously when Bluwii admitted to being a cult leader she abruptly turned around because it'd be weird has hell not to.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Is there a universe here in which Sidney is the other cult leader, the one responsible for the strings? I'd have to go back and comb through their interactions regarding sans, but they've been talking about the multiple cult theory very early on..."
thinking_front.png"I know there's not much I can say right now that will convince anyone otherwise, but I'm not the other cult leader you're looking for. I have nothing to do with strings; all of my powers are night-time powers. I did mention a little while back that my reason for thinking multiple cults came from the wording of my role PM. It specifically talks about "factions" and doesn't clearly state "Town" and "Mafia", which, combined with the way players were being marked in all sorts of ways, led me to guess cults. That about sum it up, Boss?"

Sidney's guardian stone chimed a sound in the affirmative, but added something else that had Sidney nodding his head.

neutral frown_front.png"The Boss also said he hasn't had any experience in playing a game with either cults or arsonists, so what led us to guess cults might not make sense to others who have had experience playing with those roles. It sucks, and I know I've made mistakes, but I'm not one of the seven hostile players. That I can promise you."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Not much time left. The group had already had their vote locked for a long time. Ajia needed to make sure they had some leads to follow tomorrow. She wouldn't let herself think about the possibility that she might not be here then. It wasn't helpful.

"These are all my thoughts on everyone. I'll let my Guardian take it from here."

Townreads:
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree] - Dave
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] - Has put a ton of effort into trying to help solve things, despite scheduling hell. Also good guy Necrozma is namocore as hell.
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] - Actively helpful, good insights, and I agree with most of her judgements. The one thing giving me pause is the strong negative reaction to Nanu’s claim, which feels odd to me.
Aster (Kadabra) [AbraPunk] - That ability. Scum would never have that ability, and if they’re lying, it’ll be pretty easy for us to find out. If Aster is scum, they've signed their own death warrant.

Soft town:

Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] -Still just generally good vibes from the types of questions she's asked and the things she's noticed and called out, even in cases where I don't agree with the reason (like the Cresselia thing.)
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] - Feel pretty good about how that bait/gambit worked out.
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull] - Oracle claim checks out--granted, the questions asked could be useful for both scum or town, but I was already liking her reasoning beforehand. Still just a slight townlean, though. Been fooled too many times. :P
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] - Reactions just feel very genuine in a way that I think would be hard to fake.
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] - Probably not scum, given how the reveal went down. Could possibly be third-party themselves? Either way, I’m pretty convinced that the claim itself is real.

Princess:
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - Princess

Null:
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic] - I’ve got nothing.
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon] - No result. Probably town given how these things go.

Iffy:
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] - A lot of theories and ideas, but most of them don’t make any sense at all. With the lack of daytalk, I don’t know if this is a scumtell or not, but it still bothers me.
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] - Significantly more out of the loop than I’d expect a mafia to be but that could be easy to fake. Very confident that we should just sit back and let the inforoles solve the game, which seems weird when there are probably a ton of swaps muddying things behind the scenes.
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] - None of his theories have seemed to really… go anywhere? Which seems weird for someone so perceptive. I don’t know. I scumread him hard in the banquet and I was wrong.
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira] - I hate that I’m starting to waffle, because the tone of their posts today feels genuine. I still can’t fathom why Jackie didn’t vote for them, it would have been so easy. Explain, Jackie. >:[

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Is there a role/ability where a player can speak from beyond the grave?]]
[[That's called a stump, and namo confirmed there will be none of those in this game.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[A Miller, you say? Now, that's gonna be annoying for the cops. Regardless, that's one scan out of the way, if you really are Town then your Dread count thing could definitely be a useful ability if you play your cards right.]]

"Oh! I get it! Cards like the ones we have!"

[[I could possibly take a Dread shot to confirm your claim of your ability for the night, seeing as I'm not very sure this–]] The hologram gestured to the Pokémon next to him. [[–kid has anything going for her.]]
[[Reaction to my miller claim, immediately offering self up as a guinea pig.]]
[[Well, I don't doubt that there might be a 3rd party involved since this is a pretty big lobby but I highly doubt their win condition is this specific, it's more likely that they'll have to put these 'strings' on a certain amount of people, like say half of the people present maybe? Either that or just a quarter. Hm... if we're going with the half of people present thing, I think it might lean towards the current max players alive count. We also have to take in consideration that there might be more than one 3rd party active as this is a 20 player lobby.]]

"You sound like you know a lot, Mr. Guardian," Fray said, flying over to the hologram.

[Of course I do, I'm practically a pro in these games.]] A barely visible cocky grin appeared on the hologram.

"Really? How many did you win?"

The grin on the hologram fell and he shakily reply, [[Well, none so far. In fact, this is only my second game but I'm determined to win it all.]]

Fray gave the hologram a once-over. "You know, you sound awfully lot like my tra–"

[[And I'm stopping that fourth wall break from happening.]] The hologram interrupted with a jab of a finger. [[Why don't you just go make your statue of whatever you're wishing to bring home while I see what I can do about the potential murders that'll be happening.]]

"Okay!"

[[Anyway, coming back to the idea of voting. I think it's probably a good idea to abstain seeing as there really isn't much we currently have right now, other than Df's claims of being Miller and being 'Stringed'. I'm inclined to belive Free's claim since well, *cough* considering what happened in the last game... This is a logical move by Free if she's town and hopefully, she doesn't get killed on the first night, that ability sounds really damn useful if utilized properly.]]
[[Trusts me, is pretty preoccupied with third parties.]]

[[Abstaining seems like the smarter choice for now since if we vote someone out, let's say there's a 3-scum-mafia and one 3rd party, that gives us roughly a 20% chance of getting someone that's scum and an 80% chance of killing an innocent.

And let's say that the scum team can only kill one time a night and we DON'T have another 3rd party that can kill. It would mean we'll only have one death every night (Not counting if Free wants to kill someone or not) and that seems a bit safer than voting for someone right now since there'd be only 1 death if we don't vote.

Of course, this is all speculation and I'm 90% sure that something will go horribly wrong and make this assessment look silly.

So yeah... I stick by my vote of not killing someone... unless of course, someone else would like to speak up?]]

Vote: [No elimination]
[[Randomly proposes three mafia and one third party, which is kind of ludicrous but neither here nor there. Mafia would probably not name the correct number either way, and would benefit by lowballing it. Assumes mafia can only kill once per night, but that's probably a reasonable assumption from someone new to the game regardless of alignment.]]

[[Ah, gotcha. Sorry about that.]]

[[No, Miller makes any inforole that checks her will read her as 'Scum' even if she's not. It's her legendary that puts the dread count on people.]]

[[Kinda. From how I see it. Abstain means 'You're not voting' while No Elimination means 'You're voting for no one'.]]
[[Responding to a couple of things, Shini explains that Miller will cause any inforole to see me as scum, and that my legendary puts the dread count on people. This is after I learn and clarify that actually any inforole that's not an alignment cop should still get an accurate result, but that's a perfectly innocent mistake/hasty generalization, in itself.]]

[[I didn't say that Strings aren't attached to third party. I was saying that their win condition in having to String people who revealed roles or legendaries is a bit too specific and it doesn't really make sense unless they can String more than one revealer per day.]]

[[That was me not including the calculation in Free's dread count. She says she needs to use it on someone every night, and by the 3rd night, she can kill someone if she marks them for all the 3 nights. I was saying that each night, assuming the scum team only have 1 killing role and we don't have another 3rd party that can kill, we'd only have 1 death every night.]]
[[Clarification about the earlier "Not counting if Free wants to kill someone or not" comment and his theories on strings.]]

[[Free said if she votes someone she can put 1 on their dread counter. Here's the quote below.]]
[[A post where Shini is responding to Seren saying he thought dread was only added if I was targeted/interacted with, and then himself quotes the post where I state clearly that the person I've voted for at the end of the day and whoever targets me in the night has it go up by one. According to Shini's story, he'd just kind of read my comment that non-cop inforoles would work on me as meaning nobody that's not a cop would trigger it, but still didn't feel the need to correct that apparent misunderstanding?]]

[[Last post for the day since I'll be asleep during EoD.]]

[[While it is true that it sounds like a waste to trigger the Dread count but Free already stated that she has to choose someone to Dread and I think the best way to confirm it would be having her vote for someone and choosing someone else for the night. This way, we'll have 2 players that can confirm her Dread ability and while this doesn't explicitly clear her of not being Mafia. It gives the marked players a chance to say that their roles have been blocked if she targets the same person in N2 and this might give us a hint on her true alignment. For example, if she's town and she chooses me for N1 to mark for 2 points then she most likely won't choose me again unless she's Mafia.]]
[[Shini suggests I target one person and vote for another so that two people can confirm the Dread ability. Don't think it's alignment-indicative.

(I'm curious where people using the word 'mark' for Dread came from, if I'm honest, but it's probably nothing relevant?)]]

[[I know I said that was my last post for the day but seeing as I'm not asleep yet...]]

[[Oh yeah, I know it wasn't the best plan and that there's definitely a lot of things we don't know. We won't know for certain if Free even has the Dread ability, complex as she made it seem, as we'd only know at the end of a phase. I admit, I haven't considered the idea that she can't choose a target. That does change things a bit if it's randomized. Who's to say the randomized target won't be a Mafia and said scum wouldn't call themselves out to make Free's ability claim seem like a lie. Yeah, yeah, I get that it's a low chance that the randomized target could be a Mafia but...]]

[[Less dread is defnitely a good play but you have to consider the sheer number of the lobby. It's a 20 (18 if you're not including Free and if someone dies this night) player lobby and if she doesn't straight-up target someone, it'll be at most 37 nights before she kills one player and 19 nights before an ability gets sealed if she distributes them evenly, and 2-3 nights if she targets someone. Of course, this isn't considering the likehood of her ability targeting randomly 'cause that calculation will be all over the place if I try to calculate it rn.]]
[[Tangent thinking my target might be chosen randomly, don't think any of this means anything either.]]

[[Okay, the dread thing works. I got two dread on me rn.]]

[[Okay, before I talk about the death. I kinda wanna clarify why I was talking about having two people with dread.

Bluwii wanted to volunteer to be the 2nd person to be Dreaded so I thought that was the plan we were going for which was why I thought it'd be a decent plan to have 2 players be Dreaded.

Pano already told me it was a bad plan and I agreed, I get that my last post sounded like I was insisting on 2 players being dreaded, but I wasn't. I still thought Bluwii wanted to be the 2nd dreaded and I tried to see the bright side of having 2 being dreaded.]]
[[Shini claims to have two Dread, and clarifies earlier suggestion of two people getting Dread.]]

[[Can you even redirect an ability that's from a vote?]]
[[Questions the ability to redirect an ability triggered by a vote.]]

[[A bit of an answer for Bench.]]

[[Bluwii said the target won't be informed and it'll only activate later on.]]
[[Clarifies Bluwii's claim for Bench.]]

"What? Fire is so icky and weird! Why would you want to burn this awesome place down!"

[[Yes, I have dread. 2 dread in fact. I volunteered for the Dread count, remember? The 2 dread came from Free picking a target. She gives 1 to whoever she votes or whoever targets her. And whoever she targets gets 2 instead.]]
[[Shini reiterates, twice in one post, that he has two dread, while reminding us that I give one to whoever votes or whoever targets me. By Shini's story, presumably he would've picked up he'd been mistaken about it not affecting heals by now, but didn't want to reveal he'd targeted me, so fair enough, I guess.]]

[[Yes I was and only the dread count happened, nothing else.]]
[[Yet another "only the dread count happened", which I suppose is true, even if the dread count was actually three and not two.]]

[[I guess it's a little strange that there was only one death. A mass elimination ability sounds terrifying as hell but wouldn't Stringer be this game's version of Arsonist? Are you trying to say the Stringer's not an Arsonist? 'cause from what I read about Arsonist, this String thing sounds similar to Arsonist.]]

[[Three people? Who's the third? I only remember Free's and Bluwii's. Are you saying the third one's the Stringer or something?]]

[[A Swapper does seem like something this game would have but how do you know that? Is your ability a role checker or something?]]
[[Questioning Yellow's swapper theory, as well as postulating the stringer is an arsonist. Says "a swapper does seem like something this game would have" which I guess is kind of funny when Shini goes on to think the only way there could be a swap is if it was actually a deflector, buuut it may just mean that it seems like the kind of thing that would be in the game but would be surprised if there were given his knowledge of a likely self-targeting deflector.]]

[[I don't think it's a build up. It says it does not have any impact on me at the moment. I mean, Namo did say that their posts can be interpreted in different ways so I'm not sure if the 'At the moment' means that it'll gradually increase or if it's referring to the fact that Free can increase my dread by targeting me again.]]

Fray giggled. "It tickles."

[[A Legendary that comes to my mind would be Necrozma... but it's usually depicted as a monstrous being so...]]
[[More clarity on dread, suggests Necrozma as the source of the diamond because of Seren's hint.]]

[[Well, it's not as if we know whether the mark on Aija/Chibi is good or not. I mean with how everyone's been talking about Chibi's experience and skill. If it's a good ability then it makes sense to choose them but if it's a bad ability, it also makes sense if a scum picked them.]]
[[Thinks Chibi is a likely target for both town and scum.]]

[[Rereading D2 a bit and I think I noticed what Seren was trying to say.]]

[[I think this was what Seren meant when they were talking about the diamond not being Yellow's doing. Seren tried to suggest that the diamond was their doing and that it might be a good one, this lead me to believe that Seren might be a townie.

I also have some info regarding the swapper thing but I'm not sure if saying it would be a good idea since I'm pretty sure this might paint a target on my back but this info does make me a bit sus of Jackie.]]
[[More clarity on Seren, first proposal of more info on swapper and Jackie suspicion.]]

[[Anyway, read list of everyone present.]]

A chalkboard appeared in front of Fray. She stared at it with curious eyes as it read out...

[Read list -

(Very likely to be town) : DragonFree/Dave, Torchic/Winona, Chibi/Aija, Yellow/Puck, Seren/Kimiko

(Maybe town?) :
Inkedust/Mademoiselle, Panoramic/Sidney, Windskull/Shimmer, Blossomleaf/Nanu

(Neutral) :
Tricky/Espy, Persephone/Kekeo, Bench/Arctozolt, Starlight/Courtney, Sind/Odette, Bruh/Princess

(Maybe scum?) :
Tetra/Cosmo, Jackie/Laura, Bluwii/Sans]]
[[Readlist suspecting Tetra, Jackie and Bluwii, strongly townreading me, Torchic, Chibi, Yellow and Seren. Torchic read strikes me as sort of funny and out of line with everyone else, buuut that's not a crime.]]

[[I'm not quite worried if saying it would get me killed this night, but I'm terrified of the off chance that someone might die from my actions if scum targets me.]]
[[Presumably what he means is if he uses the deflector power and is targeted by scum someone else will get shot? But it's not like they even have to use the deflector power? Kind of confused by this but not sure it's alignment-indicative either. Mafia!Shini could just be trying to play up being very concerned about being shot by scum.]]

[[Okay, okay. So my Legendary has an ability that let's me reuse an action if someone with a matching action targets me. One of said action is a Self-Targeting Deflector and another is a Roleblocker. The reason why I'm sus of Jackie is that I think Jackie might be a Self-Targeting Deflector.]]
[[I guess revealing self-targeting deflector and roleblocker but not heal/kill is just like... figuring he'd be less of a target that way...? Makes him look more suspicious. Sort of not-so-mafia, although I can see inexperienced mafia with no daytalk doing it anyway?]]

[[No. I'm not saying that she targeted me. I'm saying that my patron let's me reuse an action if they target me.

Because of that, I think there's a Self-Targeting Deflector in this game and the fact that Jackie was swapped Chibi, I have reasons to suspect that Jackie deflected to Chibi.

Then I thought to myself. Why would Jackie deflect to Chibi if Chibi's known to be a good scum hunter?]]
[[This theory is such a convoluted reach, though. Genuinely a weird thing to come up with to distance, and there's no way mafia!Shini just actually thought this if that wasn't actually Jackie's role, and it also seems very weird he'd just openly postulate it if it was actually Jackie's role? I guess it'd make sense Jackie seemed so annoyed about it if that was the case, and Shini is inexperienced, but it'd be a pretty weird play. I do think it's a kind of theory I might come up with as scum, but not sure about someone with very little experience, unless he's just really a natural at roleplaying his town self?

Aaagh no time for more. One hot theory I come up with skimming the next several posts: Shini says this after claiming all four of his powers:]]
[[I am so sorry for how confusing my posts had been and I'm sure there's a Self Deflector because I have that power and I need someone to use it on me to regain that power if I use it.

Same for why I think there's a Roleblocker somewhere.]]
[[So why's he only saying he's sure there's a roleblocker and not a healer/vigilante? Part of me is like, maybe the reason he only named roleblocker and deflector at first was he needed more time to make up plausible town JOAT powers for the other two?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[General last-minute thoughts:

- mayyyybe Blossom should check Inke? Because Inke responding so badly to the claim would check out if Inke is the third party, still a reach
- don't think Blossom is lying
- unsure about Pano generally]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Day 3 Results:

Current players: 18

sans (15)
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Aster (Kadabra) [Abrapunk]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Fray(0)

Aster(0)

Mademoiselle (1)

sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Courtney(1)
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]

Abstain (1)
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

]]
--

As the Slakoth begins to step towards the other two individuals frozen in stone, you realise that this is the first time you've seen sans actually walk. He turns to face everyone for one last time, lifting a handful of sand in his paw.

"you know... a lot of people don't like sand. they say it's coarse, it's rough, it's irritating, and it just gets everywhere." He closes his eyes, letting the last grains slip away through his claws. "it just kind of sticks, you know? takes like five baths to get it out of your clothes. or, your fur, or whatever."

He clears his throat, and looks towards the sky. "whatever comes next... i hope that whenever y'all see the stray grains of sand clinging to you, you remember, and you think to yourselves:"

"damn, that sans guy was annoying."

"or..." He closes his eyes again. "you can just look at my stone-baked corpse here." He gestures to the frozen Salem and Owen statues, winking. "either way works for me."

"anyway. take it away, darkwhite."

He takes his last bow, standing casually with his paws concealed within his pockets(?). The pose feels familiar, somehow.

--

"Gladly! Uhuhu... Oh, is this it? Is this the first one by your own hands!? Aww, and it took so long, too!" Darkwhite raised her arms, forming a ball of energy of both white and black light. She pointed at Sans with a free paw. "Here we go! A one-way trip to punishmentville!"

Sheput her whole body into it as she swung down. The ball seemed to do nothing at first, rotating around sans and dissipating. But then, in front of him, his card dissolved and burned away, and his body hardened to stone.

The remnants of his card pulsed with a gray light...

[[

sans was eliminated. He was neither Town nor Mafia.

Day 4 will begin in
72 hours.

]]

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Due to irl scheduling matters on Sunday (no, not the superbowl, I'm on a trip) I'll be delaying Phase End by another 24 hours (72 hours total for this night) in order to have the next phase end on Monday rather than Sunday, when I would still be in transit. The time has been edited accordingly in the original post.

]]

Day 4

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The desert sands gave way to a much more humid, tropical environment. In the background was a lovely, two-story hotel, with invisible phantoms managing stands for passing out snacks or checking in other invisibly guests. Everyone had appeared on the beachside, however, with cold water lapping up the sandy shores...

Most of them had a means to enjoy the new sand. All except for one person--Shimmer. He was a statue, completely still, was the next person to be eliminated overnight...

Windskull (Shimmer) has been eliminated. She was Town.

Notably, Bench's mark had disappeared.

Night 4 will begin in 48 hours.

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ oof. well-played, windskull. to my recollection windskull had no power to discern the mafia’s identities, so i’m wondering if there was something about their abilities or the setup that the mafia were worried about getting out. on the other hand windskull was basically locktown forever after burying blu so maybe the motivation was just that. -q ]]

Top Bottom