• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Ba-a-a-a!" Princess cried, suddenly very scared. It's because she remembered the concept of ghosts. Not to mention skeletons, ghouls, and other such frights...
The sudden outburst startled Puck. He blinked at the grassy little creature. He’d never seen this type of Pokémon before.

He slowly reached out a flipper and patted them on the back. “Quag.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"That's what I said. I have to target somebody and they get plus two. Anyone who targets me, or that I vote for, gets plus one."
[[Ohhhh thank you for clarifying, I definitely missed that.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ i think most of the non-rp posts from this account so far have actually been me, mewtini, unless you're referring very specifically to q's posts. ]]
[[I…whut?]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Ignoring her voice, Odette waved her hand dismissviely toward the Yveltal. "Yeah, yeah, it is," she huffed. "That wasn't it, but it sounded close. Alt-something, I said. Alt...er. Alt...air...ia...no. Altair? Altair." She scrunched up her face. "Alt-something. But that sounds right, I think." She shook her head. "This is doing nothing to solve the problem at hand, so ignore me."
[[Sorry, quote fucked-up :riplup:]]
Mademoiselle said nothing in response. Instead she shot the jellicent a nasty glare--one that was probably meant for Altair but the jellicent was convenient at that very moment. Nevermind that. She could hound her for questions later, for now...

"It's pretty clear that the scum team has left us with no trail to follow today. As much as I'd love to gain a leg up on the Mafia, shooting blindly is more likely to hurt than help us. But, there are a few things I noticed about a few of you here--things that make me more inclined to tentatively trust you. I've already made my trust of Dave apparent and the voice from the rock already mentioned Fray, Bartholomew, Ajia, and Kekoa. However, for now, I want to extend that trust to Odette as she has been doing well to keep on top of things and trying to find new leads--misguided as they may be."

She grabbed a conveniently placed pen and blank card and began writing something down on it. As she wrote, the voice in the rock began to read the list aloud for everyone to hear.

Most likely Town (Solid Town-reads):
Dave (Dragonfree)
Ajia (Chibi Pika)
Bartholomew (Equitial)

Tentatively trusts for the time being (Soft-Town)
Odette (Sinderella)
Fray (ShinjiGojira)
Kekoa (Persephone)

Can't fully vibe-check yet (Neutral)
Kimiko (Seren)
Nanu (Blossomleaf)
Sidney (Panoramic_Vacuum)
Shimmer (windskull)
Princess (bruh moment)
Puck (HelloYellow17)

[[Suddenly, the rock began to scream with noise, as if someone was banging pots and pans together for the other side]]

I need something to work with here (Still Neutral but only due to inactivity (>5 posts)/lack of any real points in their posts)
Laura (unrepentantAuthor)
Arctozolt (IFBench)
Tricky (SparklingEspeon)
Cosmo (Flyg0n)
Courtney (Starlight Aurate)
Winona (Just a Torchic)

:Thonk: (Not sus yet, but want to keep a close eye on)
sans (Bluwiikoon)

[[Vote: No Elimination]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
- i saw someone speculate about three scum and a TP. seems low to me? what's standard in a 20-player setup? i think there were six scum and an arsonist in Second Anni, which was a 19-player game. obviously that game was stacked as fuck against town, but i would've expected five or six antitown in a 20-player game.
[["Okay this is me quoting / take a note of this observation from Jackie & Laura. Because I have been wondering for a while how many possible mafia players we have? And this is the closest to what I think is probable. If we also factor in 3rd party as well. Since I wasn't sure what the ratio is for mafia vs town in a large 20 player group? And the idea of there being 5-6 mafia sounds really worrying. but makes the most sense to be honest."]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Looks like I didn't manage to wreck this whole thing. Says here the mafia team can't talk to each other during the day. Which means that aside from knowing who their team members are, they don't know shit about each other! Flying just as blind as the rest of us, at least for today. Not sure what kind of advantage that gives us though..."
Ajia hadn't considered that. Not only had the mafia not talked to each other, but they didn't even know what their strategy was yet. The less informed they were, the less chance of some kind of agenda showing...

Ajia's expression hardened. "Something to keep in mind tomorrow--look for people whose playstyle changes from this day to the next. Since the mafia haven't even talked with each other yet, it could be easy for someone to just act super innocent today when they literally don't even know what their teammates want from them? And then coast on that for the rest of the game. I don't want to make that mistake and get too complacent." She knew all too well the pain of trusting someone and then being disappointed.

[[note: I'm not counting activity level as a playstyle change. there are a million reasons why someone might be busy today and then have more free time tomorrow.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[["Okay this is me quoting / take a note of this observation from Jackie & Laura. Because I have been wondering for a while how many possible mafia players we have? And this is the closest to what I think is probable. If we also factor in 3rd party as well. Since I wasn't sure what the ratio is for mafia vs town in a large 20 player group? And the idea of there being 5-6 mafia sounds really worrying. but makes the most sense to be honest."]]
[[The most common ratio is that ~1/4 of players are Mafia. In a game of 20, that'd make for 5, but that's not accounting for any TPs. If I had to hazard a guess, based on numbers and Namo's previous history (the last game he ran also had 20 players--there there were 4 Mafia and a hostile TP), I'd say that there is 4-5 Mafia in this game.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[more backlogging, bit hasty bc of running out of time and i'll be gutted if i don't get to have Laura speak up. link to previous post for my own convenience]]

- not sus of torchic/winona for the cress namedrop because the TP description sounds arsonist-ish and if there's an arsonist maybe there's a firefighter and obviously that'd be a cress role, right? torchic's smart enough to make that assumption and novice enough to just blurt it out. but yeah they could be the cress i guess
- incidentally the dodran phantasms beta namo just got done running had a darkrai/cress thing going on!
- let princess eat grass
- bluwii/sans' role sounds fucking wild what the hell
- the mix-up about his possible vote for free/dave sounds legit to me tbh but that doesn't mean the power is protown
- fucking no daytalk comes up in the discussion. lemme just scrap my provisional notes about who seemed eager to back up who.
- chibi/ajia insists on not letting the scumteam know whose powers are good or not. of course people can just lie, but. that's protown ime
- bruh/princess is shitposting a lot. last time kyeugh did that she was scum. buuuuut it's day one-first no-daytalk role overdrive and this is a hydra account so does it even matter
- okay phew lemme see if i can roleplay in the 24m left ugh what a day

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
The sudden outburst startled Puck. He blinked at the grassy little creature. He’d never seen this type of Pokémon before.

He slowly reached out a flipper and patted them on the back. “Quag.”
Princess hopped around gleefully, her eyes glimmering with excitement. "Ba-a-a-a!" she exclaimed, nuzzling the quagsire's tummy.

[[ translation: "Wow, a water/ground type! I could completely annihilate you with a single sneeze!" ]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[
>Role Overdrive
>Namo game
>"role sounds wild"

hehe

I'm boutta head out for some sleep, hope everybuddy has a good rest of their day/timezone! ^^ Assume sans has passed out.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Alright, with that out of the way, d'you maybe wanna speak up? I know this is a pretty wild situation to get dropped in by your standards so far, but it'll be alright. It is just a game, and I've got your back."

Laura went to brush a lock of hair from her eyes and realised for what felt like the dozenth time that there was no hair to brush aside, she was a goddamn cat, and pressing her face into her arms was pushing her whiskers into her eyes. The voice was speaking to her now. Okay. Okay.

"Fuck, fuck, okay. Uh. Wait, 'so far'? What do you mean by that?"

[[You've joined this game from very early in your personal timeline. You haven't even met Malachai yet. Sorry about that. Try to focus on the game. Say hello to everyone! Look, there're other humans-turned-feline. Several, even.]]

"Gods. Uh."

Laura tentatively waved to the assembled pokémon, every part of her body feeling strange. Was this what it was like to be Salem? Probably not, she was apparently able to speak in Galarish still. Like that meowth from Gotta Catch 'em All. Holy shit.

"Hello, everyone, I'm Laura. I'm a meowth, I think—" she reached for her forehead and touched metal. It didn't want to come away from her head. Was it part of her body? "—but not a regular Galarish one, I guess a continental breed, maybe? I don't know. Uh, normally I'm human, sorry, should've opened with that. I've never played one of these games before, but my guardian says they have, so... I guess I'll just rely on them and try to be helpful at figuring stuff out. I guess I don't really know what I'm spposed to be looking for right now. My guardian told me a bunch of stuff about how the game is played but this is a really weird game even for them, so... I guess I fess up to being totally clueless? Um. I'm sorry for rambling."

[[It's okay, project confidence. Give some closing thoughts and relax.]]

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I have some soft reads but I don't think any of them mean much this early, and I liked what the delcatty had to say about not giving up information, so I'm shutting up until tomorrow—" assuming she lived that long "—so I'm sticking to my gurdian's no-elimination vote. Also... Uh."

[[You're doing great. And odds are you'll live, given the size of the player group this game. Go on.]]

Right.

"Also, I think quite a few peoople here are pretty new. It's really late in the day to be trying to coach people from scratch or whatever, but maybe we could allocate some of the early discussion on day two to good principles for pro-town play? There are still lots of good players right now whose lead the novice players can follow, but I'm expecting the best players to die the soonest if the killers have nothing else to go on? It'd be really good to get the, uh, cliffnotes for playing Mafia."

[[Time's up.]]

Fuck.

"I'll, uh, see all of you tomorrow, then."

[[Not all, I'm afraid.]]

Oh gods.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Okay so.

No daytalk is actually something that might be indicative? The mafia are definitely very aware that there's no daytalk. Obviously mafia can fake reasoning like they think there's daytalk, I did it myself last anniversary game, and town can just legitimately have read the rules thread or be aware of the possibility. But it's a thing where mafia have information town doesn't.

Something I've also been inclined to watch for (I feel dirty for this but we have very little to go on okay) is that mafia would probably be pretty motivated to want to mislynch me, especially shortly after the initial claim, because it was unfalsifiable and if they could lead town to being skeptical of it, I'd be an easy target. Obviously it's pretty natural for anyone to be suspicious of it, but I'd definitely find it hard to believe the entire mafia would immediately profess to believe me - so I'm less inclined to think people who were quick to townread me are mafia. Entirely possible there's at least one mafia who did, though.

Given this, super vague read list:

Miller Darkrai god damn it
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]

Likely town?
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial] - immediately trusts me and championing my innocence; I like his questioning
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] - first person to react to my claim, sets the tone for it, and comes down on the side of trusting me
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] - initially calls claim convenient and then acts more inclined to put off questioning Dave than actually trusting him, but later suggests Cresselia is Torchic's patron which mafia would probably not be motivated to state publicly
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull] - comes down on the innocent side pretty quickly, though urging caution

Neutral
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika] - they've made great points and encouraged people to hide what they know and so on which is pro-town, but also I think Chibi'd be good at faking that kind of thing as mafia, and they were both 1) initially resolutely neutral on me and 2) one of the first people to bring up the possibility of no daytalk? But also like, I'm pretty sure they would be neutral to suspicious on me under the circumstances. And also they were the first to bring up how misunderstood Darkrai is Namocore.
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] - "I'm suspicious, but I'll believe you for now", offers to be voted for ability, mostly RP
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] - posts late but believes me
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor] - posts late
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] - had already offered to be confirmed by rolecop before she posted, but she trusts me for boldness; townreads Shini, Chibi, Equi and Persephone
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - posts late, but good questioning that I like
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon] - nonexistent
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic] - first two posts after claim are pure RP, but eventually opines I'm likely town

Suspect maybe?
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] - maintains suspicion of me
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon] - offers to vote for Dave as a guinea pig as first relevant post, then makes the claim of vote-activated power that'd make sense for mafia
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] - initially neutral (though mistakenly believing nothing could confirm Dave)
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira] - doesn't really initially come down one way or the other, offers to be a target
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] - reacts with RP, says claim is meaningless because people can lie, but later says she's feeling less suspicious
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17] - actually the very first person to bring up no mafia daytalk, "not hard town yet but not suspicious enough to vote her"
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] - skeptical reaction to claim, asks barbed questions about it, one of the first people to bring up no daytalk unless I'm getting people confused I didn't get to that part in the reread

did not manage to go through the whole thread again aaagh]]

Vote: No elimination

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[
mewtini's last-minute reads, off the dome -- sorry that this leaves a lot of people out, tbqh i don't remember most of you, but here's what i recall:

i liked unrepentantauthor/chibi/equi, lightly townleaning butterfree (i find her posting fairly towny but think it's within her scumrange) and sinderella (going back and forth on this read somewhat), lowest read atm is probably blu (not really many slots i feel actively *bad* about yet)

gn
]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[Alright, with that out of the way, d'you maybe wanna speak up? I know this is a pretty wild situation to get dropped in by your standards so far, but it'll be alright. It is just a game, and I've got your back."

Laura went to brush a lock of hair from her eyes and realised for what felt like the dozenth time that there was no hair to brush aside, she was a goddamn cat, and pressing her face into her arms was pushing her whiskers into her eyes. The voice was speaking to her now. Okay. Okay.

"Fuck, fuck, okay. Uh. Wait, 'so far'? What do you mean by that?"

[[You've joined this game from very early in your personal timeline. You haven't even met Malachai yet. Sorry about that. Try to focus on the game. Say hello to everyone! Look, there're other humans-turned-feline. Several, even.]]

"Gods. Uh."

Laura tentatively waved to the assembled pokémon, every part of her body feeling strange. Was this what it was like to be Salem? Probably not, she was apparently able to speak in Galarish still. Like that meowth from Gotta Catch 'em All. Holy shit.

"Hello, everyone, I'm Laura. I'm a meowth, I think—" she reached for her forehead and touched metal. It didn't want to come away from her head. Was it part of her body? "—but not a regular Galarish one, I guess a continental breed, maybe? I don't know. Uh, normally I'm human, sorry, should've opened with that. I've never played one of these games before, but my guardian says they have, so... I guess I'll just rely on them and try to be helpful at figuring stuff out. I guess I don't really know what I'm spposed to be looking for right now. My guardian told me a bunch of stuff about how the game is played but this is a really weird game even for them, so... I guess I fess up to being totally clueless? Um. I'm sorry for rambling."

[[It's okay, project confidence. Give some closing thoughts and relax.]]

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I have some soft reads but I don't think any of them mean much this early, and I liked what the delcatty had to say about not giving up information, so I'm shutting up until tomorrow—" assuming she lived that long "—so I'm sticking to my gurdian's no-elimination vote. Also... Uh."

[[You're doing great. And odds are you'll live, given the size of the player group this game. Go on.]]

Right.

"Also, I think quite a few peoople here are pretty new. It's really late in the day to be trying to coach people from scratch or whatever, but maybe we could allocate some of the early discussion on day two to good principles for pro-town play? There are still lots of good players right now whose lead the novice players can follow, but I'm expecting the best players to die the soonest if the killers have nothing else to go on? It'd be really good to get the, uh, cliffnotes for playing Mafia."

[[Time's up.]]

Fuck.

"I'll, uh, see all of you tomorrow, then."

[[Not all, I'm afraid.]]

Oh gods.
Huh. So another Alolan Meowth was here as well? Interesting...Nanu took note of from off on the sidelines.

With the Island Kahuna deciding by this point to stand further away from the others. Now that there was only a few minutes remaining before the end of D1. As Nanu simply sighed and glimpsed down at his guardian device with a contemplative look.

"...Yo, Chatot? Try and keep us alive tonight, okay? Cause I'm not a fan of dying right now and I like this idea Laura suggested about how the newbies could get some coaching tips during D2." Nanu muttered beneath his breath.

[[While the device pinged an affirmative chirp. "Aye! I definitely agree that interacting with the others will be our best bet! But unfortunately we might be as active during D2 like I'm hoping? So, we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out. In hopes that N1 will provide us with some good intel."]]

"Hmm. Yeah. Here's to hoping that'll be the case." Nanu muted the guardian device. Before turning back into what everyone was saying with less then one minute on the clock before D1 officially ended.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite sighed loudly. "Nobody's voting anyone out? That's so booooring." She rolled around in the air. "Anyway, I guess that's all for tonight, then. If nobody's going..." She pointed at the sky, and suddenly the sun dipped below the horizon like it was being adjusted by a sliding scale. Night fell, and everyone seemed to disappear from everyone else's view all at once.

The first day finally ended... and the first night had begun.

[[

Current votes:
No Elimination (12)
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Arctozolt (1)
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Abstain (7)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

]]

Day 1 has ended. Nobody was eliminated. It is now Night 1.

48 hours until day 2 begins.

Day 2

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It was the dawn of a new day. It appeared that most of the players had survived the ordeal that was the night. But it seemed that, today, they were in the middle of some kind of... fair. There were stalls set up with games and challenges to toss rings or shoot balloons. Plush toys were at the back of some of the stalls as some of the overpriced prizes. Everything seemed to be functioning as expected... except for the fact that invisible phantoms were apparently the ones manning the stalls.

"Soooo? Did everyone have fun?" Darkwhite asked. "See, that wasn't so bad! Oh! Uhu, huhuhu... it looks like I spoke too soon~"

Indeed, everyone was back, except for one person--a petrified device with a card next to it, torn to shreds and unrecognizable. The card only had a white light emanating from it before it finally, too, faded.

Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial] was eliminated. They were innocent.

48 hours until Night 2 begins.

--

There was also another curiosity at play, and it was right on one of the players. Ajia had a diamond-shaped symbol of light on her chest. It didn’t seem to do anything else, though.

Top Bottom