• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Sword. Sword, what the fuck are you doing."

"Hmm? I don't hear youuu!" Darkwhite twirled around in the air, though she gave Dave a brief look of recognition. "I got bored! Do you know how peaceful things are in Cibus now? Booooring. One day I decided to have some fun, called in a few favors, and here we are! Playing a fun little game! Oh, and don't worry, I'm only punishing Owen for five. Maybe I'll get to play with you next!"

She giggled. "Oh, that's right. I guess it's about time that I gave you your powers, right? Once this rainbow light fades... you'll turn to stone! Unless, of course, you hold one of these." Darkwhite held out one of the blank cards. "Each card has the image of a powerful entity, usually a Legendary Pokemon. As long as you're holding that card, you won't turn to stone. Don't lose it! That one refused to play my game at all... and look what happened to him! Uhuhu... huhu..." She pointed at the Charmander, who looked like he had been about to fight. Then, pouting, she pointed at Dave accusingly. "And don't bother telling Shield or Diyem about this, either! Or I'll get MAD!"

Darkwhite tossed the deck of cards in the air. They all rained down. "You can only hold one. Choose wisely~" Not that there was any way to distinguish between them until they activated...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Both of us used to be," Arctozolt grumbled, glaring at itself.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia caught a card with her teeth and carefully transferred it to her paws. Not as hard as she'd thought it would be. She gazed down at the figure on the card, whose image wasn't quite visible yet. So even here she'd have a Legendary patron of sorts...

"The Charmander, Owen... is he going to be alright?" Ajia asked carefully. Maybe she could find a way to get him out of here after the game was finished.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I was!" Winona waved a wing. "do you happen to know where the Hoenn region is?"
Ajia waved a paw back. "I'm from Kanto! I was just in Hoenn not too long ago." Admittedly not under the best circumstances, but.

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"So who all used to be human?" Ajia asked. She was pretty sure the Skitty was, since he'd asked about getting his old body back.

"...Eh. May as well chime in by saying I'm part of the 'human club' as well" Nanu replied lazily, looking over at Winona who had spoken up as well. "But as for how many of us are part of this 'club' well...that's a different story entirely. Since it doesn't look like there's a lot of folks here who might know about Alola."

Nanu figured he'd toss in his own native region. After Winona mentioned Hoenn which helped give Nanu some context as to where people might originate from. Or at least help give an idea for where this strange creature pulled them from.

Since Nanu had no intention of turning to stone by not participating in this strange game. Thank you very much.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"So who all used to be human?" Ajia asked. She was pretty sure the Skitty was, since he'd asked about getting his old body back.
Kimiko paused in her reading to locate the source of the voice. She supposed it couldn't hurt to get to know the gathered party. "As was I. I take it you were too?" She had been the one to ask, after all.

She giggled. "Oh, that's right. I guess it's about time that I gave you your powers, right? Once this rainbow light fades... you'll turn to stone! Unless, of course, you hold one of these." Darkwhite held out one of the blank cards. "Each card has the image of a powerful entity, usually a Legendary Pokemon. As long as you're holding that card, you won't turn to stone. Don't lose it! That one refused to play my game at all... and look what happened to him! Uhuhu... huhu..." She pointed at the Charmander, who looked like he had been about to fight. Then, pouting, she pointed at Dave accusingly. "And don't bother telling Shield or Diyem about this, either! Or I'll get MAD!"

Darkwhite tossed the deck of cards in the air. They all rained down. "You can only hold one. Choose wisely~" Not that there was any way to distinguish between them until they activated...
Well that didn't sound like fun. Still, it had nothing to do with ghosts, so she figured she'd manage. With one vine holding her rulebook, she used another to collect one of the discarded cards. A quick survey revealed it to be blank, so she tucked it into the back of her book.

Day 1

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The prismatic lights started to fade, and once it was certain that everyone had their cards in hand, Darkwhite lowered her arms. There was a popping noise, and the light washed away--into a tall, tall hill overlooking a great open field. Far away, there were Pokemon milling about in a natural-looking town, yet as if they were an illusion, none of them noticed or even acknowledged the arrivals on the top of the hill. It was like Darkwhite's captives were already ghosts.

"All riiiiiight," Darkwhite said. "You won't be able to see what everyone else has... and you're FORBIDDEN from reading it out EXACTLY, either! Oh, but it's totally okay for you to lie and stuff. That's part of the game, after all!" She giggled again, and then dove underground. With one final message, she seemed to be gone for the time being.

"The the sun sets, that's when the real fun begins..."

And that sun felt like it was moving very quickly...

Slowly, everyone's cards became readable to them and them alone.

--

[[ After some talk, it seems that the ideal cutoff date will be at 12 noon HST for phase changes. I will provide a countdown for these times. Due to the timing, this day will be 6 hours shorter, since it's 6 hours after the usual phase change time. Afterward and going forward, all phases will last at least 48 hours unless a Super Majority (75% or greater) of players agree to end the day phase early, during the midday phase (24 hours into a phase).

Night will fall in 42 hours. ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
In the shadows, something moved. A slight rustle was heard before two yellow eyes peeked out from beneath a wide brimmed hat. A humanoid figure shifted its weight, balancing easily on its two, stalky legs.

Quicker than it looked possible, a Cacturne slid into the light and skewered a falling card with a long, thin needle. The card was still blank, but the Cacturne had taken care to avoid the middle and the corners of the card; usual places for suit and number to appear. Holding the card up to his face, the Cacturne spoke.

"Huh, ain't like any playing card I've ever seen."

Ignoring the others, the Cacturne's gaze fell to the pile of badges at his feet.

"I'll be takin' one of these, too."

He leaned down and used his other hand to make three more needles which carefully extended like fingers to pluck a badge from the ground.

As soon as he picked it up, the Cacturne froze, as if listening to something far away.

"Alright, alright, fine," he huffed. He extended another needle far less carefully, and stabbed it straight though the middle of one of the books, ruining a good portion of nearly every page in the thing.

"Bold of you to assume I know how to read," he muttered to no one in particular.

His eyes darted around the group of pokemon. All this talk of being human, and turning to stone. He'd heard crazy things before, but this took the cake. It didn't matter though; he'd been through crazy and come out the other side. All he knew was that he had to figure out the rules of this game and play them in order to win. Simple as that.

Without another word, the Cacturne turned and slinked back into the shadows.

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
Wow… A guardian! Princess has always wished that she could make herself understood to others, and now that dream is finally coming true! She’ll get to talk so much about how fast she is and how much fun stuff is and how hungry she is and how weird the ground and sky are here.

She nudges the stone gently with her nose—

[[KILL DELCATTY KILL SKITTY KILL ARCTOZOLT KILL CHARMANDER KILL JELLICENT KILL SWELLOW KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL]]

Whoa! The stone is so noisy! What fun!

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Wow… A guardian! Princess has always wished that she could make herself understood to others, and now that dream is finally coming true! She’ll get to talk so much about how fast she is and how much fun stuff is and how hungry she is and how weird the ground and sky are here.

She nudges the stone gently with her nose—

[[KILL DELCATTY KILL SKITTY KILL ARCTOZOLT KILL CHARMANDER KILL JELLICENT KILL SWELLOW KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL]]

Whoa! The stone is so noisy! What fun!
"whoa now. you ok, bro?" sans addresses Princess' noisy communications badge, blinking sleepily. "looks like you, uh. you're getting a bit spicy, there."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"this is the part where i say 'good news everyone', right?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Ooh~ The card was so shiny, so pretty~

And the picture looked so good! She wished she could show it to everyone here but Darkwhite had said only she could see it.

She tucked the card behind her bow-tie before reaching for the stone.

Human?

The stone left forgotten, she raised her hand, shaking it like she drank seven energy drinks before arriving.

"Ooh! Ooh! My trainer used to be human! We're currently travelling through someplace called 'Kanto'! There's so many humans and cool machines where we're staying!"

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Courtney's muscles tensed as she looked at the strange town beneath them. She hated messing with supernatural beings--her blood turned to ice and her skin kept crawling. The pain in her heart that she usually tried to ignore became sharp again.

She glanced at the card the weird creature gave her, and without a second thought, burned it to cinders. The creature said that it was tired of peace and found it boring, right? Perhaps this area would soon get chaotic--perhaps there could be fun.

She flicked an ear at the two talking about Hoenn and Kanto. Why did people bother talking about where they were from? What good came from the past? Why not focus on right now?

She spotted a tall Cacturne sulking in the shadows--just like Tabitha liked to do! He would make the perfect friend.

"Hey!" she exclaimed as she bounded up to him. "You seem like the kind of guy I'd get along with perfectly! What's on your mind? What do you think we should do? What do you think about this whole place? I like the spines all over you--I bet it's funny to hug people! They think you're being nice, but nope!"

Winona shook, ruffling up her feathers.

"Stone? Souls? Guardians? Cards? What on earth is this?!" Was this all some dream? A hallucination brought on by a stray Team Magma Admin's Pokémon?

"Wh--excuse me, you think I'm a stray?! I'll have you know, I've only been a Pokemon for a few hours, but I have VERY good hygiene!"

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
“I would be sharing those sentiments with you, but well… with this new… ‘game’…”
"well hey," sans winks and shrugs. "nobody's dead yet. pretty big success if you ask me."

"man. my brother would be stoked to see so many humans here. or, well. former humans?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Slowly, everyone's cards became readable to them and them alone.
As the cards rained down, Odette willed herself to hover upward to grab one as it fell toward her. Hovering didn't feel much different that just standing up to walk. It felt like second nature...until she realized she was actually doing it. When it dawned on her that she was, in fact, hovering above the ground...she simply toppled over. Face first, right into the grass of this new hill. With an angry huff, she rocked herself onto her back. If she'd had human legs, she would have been kicking them aggressively at this point.

At this rate, a tantrum was imminent.

She brought her card to her face and examined it, her expression unchanging even as she lowered it back to her chest. She went to shove it in her pocket but...there was none. No pants. No pocket. No waistband. No gun. Where the fuck was her gun? And did this body have pockets?

"I miss my goddamn joggers," she muttered to herself.

So who all used to be human?" Ajia asked. She was pretty sure the Skitty was, since he'd asked about getting his old body back.
The sound of the question prompted her to crane her neck in a manner that allowed her to stare at Aija from where she was laying in the grass. It was only there that Odette truly understood how fucking fat her head was. Gods how did Jellicent deal with this? Then again, it didn't feel much different to how her head felt on a humid day where she'd decided to not braid her godforsaken curly hair...but she was getting off track.

"If it wasn't obvious? Me," she replied. With a shake of her tentacle-y shoulders, she pushed her hands back down onto the ground, minding the card she held, and sat back up. She brushed some grass off, then tried her hand at the hovering thing again. She'd done it once without thinking about, so surely she could try again...

With a moment's concentration, she managed to get airborne again. A little higher, a little higher, a little higher, until she was fully up off the ground. She held her arms out to her sides for balance, but when she was sure she had the hang of it, she brought them to her flared...hip tentacles. Gods, why did she have to become some neckbeard weeb's fantasy creature for this?

Since it doesn't look like there's a lot of folks here who might know about Alola."
The sound of her (current) home region caused her to perk up and calm down exponentially, and she raised her hand. "I know of Alola," she said. "I'm...part of the League there, I guess."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
“You were human too? Where are you from? What’s your name?”
"You said your name is Winona, right? From the Hoenn region?" Courtney smiled and narrowed her eyes. "Are you the Winona? Of the Pokemon League? Gym Leader in Fortree?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"nobody's dead yet. pretty big success if you ask me."
"Nobody's dead yet? But I'm a ghost, I'm already dead!" She giggled, twirling in the air and spreading her hands out.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"Nobody's dead yet? But I'm a ghost, I'm already dead!" She giggled, twirling in the air and spreading her hands out.
"welp. first casualty, everybody," joked sans, winking at the camera like he's in The Office. "game mod better do your alignment flip soon, huh?"

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
From the shadows a figure--much larger than the rest, though familiar to a certain someone--made herself known with a loud harrumph. Those who looked immediately would've noticed the figure concealing a card within her talons.

"Get over yourselves," the yveltal snapped. "You're not going to survive this game by whining about how confused you are or how you're meant to be human. Worry about that afterwards."

Top Bottom