• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Get over yourselves," the yveltal snapped. "You're not going to survive this game by whining about how confused you are or how you're meant to be human. Worry about that afterwards."
Odette blinked. Once, twice, three times. That was a Yveltal...right?

"What the fuck is Yveltal doing in a death game?" she asked. She didn't realize she'd spoken so loudly until she heard the last word leave her mouth. She clamped her slimy hand over her forehead, before roughly dragging it down her face.

"Sorry. I just figured the God of Death would have better things to do."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Sorry. I just figured the God of Death would have better things to do."
The yveltal's gaze snapped towards the source of the sudden outburst. A Jellicent, though a rather strange looking one. "I am searching for someone," she responded dismissively. "Sometimes, that means I find myself stumbling into one of these 'games', but it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I am searching for someone," she responded dismissively. "Sometimes, that means I find myself stumbling into one of these 'games', but it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience."
“Let me guess. Are you trying to kill that someone?”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
“Let me guess. Are you trying to kill that someone?”
She laughed. "If only you could kill someone who was already dead. No, no, I have something else planned for that little runaway."

“Yveltal?!”

Winona scurried over to the much larger Pokémon. She had heard stories of it, stories of a bird of Death and Destruction that Kalosian respected and feared. But Yveltal was still a bird, and that was more than enough to garner awe and amazement from Winona.
Her gaze shifted towards the swellow unamusedly. "You have a reason to bother me?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
She laughed. "If only you could kill someone who was already dead. No, no, I have something else planned for that little runaway."
Odette arched a brow. Well...at least she would have if she had any hair left. But no. She'd have to settle for the motion instead.

"So...what you want is an exorcism, I suppose?" she asked. "I'd suggest holy water, because I know from personal experience that shit burns--" she cut herself off. "I mean, it works. Sometimes." She scratched her cheek, and grimaced when she couldn't feel the pull of her fingernail. She'd have to settle for the tip of this tentacle. "I'm rambling. You probably know what you're doing anyway."

The more she thought about it, though, she felt another question form. "Actually...is Yveltal making clones?" she asked. "Because I could have sworn there was one at the last game I played," she mused. "Then again, I was in very poor state by the end of that game and could have hallucinated it. Maybe it's a Kalosian thing to see Yveltals a lot when traveling the multiverse..."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
”Y-yes, that Winona.” This Pokémon… why did Winona’s name get this newcomer so… roused? Excited? Devious? There was something in the eyes of the Ninetales that seemed familiar… “Hello there.”
Courtney's face broke into a wide smile. "Oh, delightful! My name is Courtney, also a native of Hoenn, much like yourself, yes." She looked around. How did this "death-game" start? When did they get around to fighting and killing?

She looked up at the great red and black creature--she had never seen any Pokemon like that before. It emanated an immense power, though, thankfully, it didn't make Courtney nauseous or spark her childhood visions.

"People call you a 'god of death' now, do they? What are you, exactly? You have the loveliest feather coat, I've got to say! What kind of chaos and destruction do you cause?"

"The thing about that, though, is you've got to make sure they're really dead first. Not just 'mostly dead,' but 'all dead.' Restless souls can cause more damage in the afterlife than did in life," she added bitterly.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Giggling at the slakoth's joke, she turned her attention back to the stone she dropped, storing it in her red band with a beaming smile on her face.

"Get over yourselves," the yveltal snapped. "You're not going to survive this game by whining about how confused you are or how you're meant to be human. Worry about that afterwards."
Who's she? Fray wasn't familiar with this Pokémon, was she supposed to be someone special? The Swellow along with that Jellicent made it sound like she was.

The weird bird was a bit rude, but she could understand where they were coming from. She hated when Pokémon ran from her, she just wanted to be friends! Was it hard for them to tell?

She wasn't a scary witch!

"Oh! You could definitely kill someone that's already dead! I know like 2 humans that know how to do just that!"

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
She held up a wing towards the Yveltal. “…From one friend of the sky to another, hello, and accept my deepest respect.” A beat. “And I’m sorry for bothering you. For years, I’ve travelled and trained to be one with the bird Pokémon, and in many ways, I’ve achieved that.” She looked up at her outstretched wing, smiling. “I have an acquaintance in Kalos. Malva. I wouldn’t call us friends, but she knows a lot about certain Kalosian birds, like you. She says I wouldn’t be friends with a Yveltal, but to be honest, I don’t trust Malva on relationship advice of any sort.”
A skeptical look, then a slight smirk. Good. This bird had some sense to her. It wouldn't be much, but she would take whatever alliance she could get. "Yes, I think we will get along quite well," the yveltal trilled. "Winona, was it? A pleasure making your acquaintance."

The more she thought about it, though, she felt another question form. "Actually...is Yveltal making clones?" she asked. "Because I could have sworn there was one at the last game I played," she mused. "Then again, I was in very poor state by the end of that game and could have hallucinated it. Maybe it's a Kalosian thing to see Yveltals a lot when traveling the multiverse..."
"Fascinating," she responded flatly. "Given that these 'games' apparently extend into the multiverse, encountering the same species a few times--even those of myth and legend--shouldn't be too surprising."

"People call you a 'god of death' now, do they? What are you, exactly? You have the loveliest feather coat, I've got to say! What kind of chaos and destruction do you cause?"

"The thing about that, though, is you've got to make sure they're really dead first. Not just 'mostly dead,' but 'all dead.' Restless souls can cause more damage in the afterlife than did in life," she added bitterly.
She didn't know whether to smile or recoil from the ninetales' compliment, so she did neither. Instead, the yveltal shook her head at the ninetales' questions. "Chaos doesn't suit me, neither does destruction." Her eyes then narrowed at the ninetales' next comment. "Well. It's a good thing that I am very certain that he's dead," she snapped

"Oh! You could definitely kill someone that's already dead! I know like 2 humans that know how to do just that!"
"I believe that our worlds operate on different rules, then. Dead is dead where I'm from."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
The pieces were coming together in Winona’s head, or rather, they were tumbling down like an avalanche.

“Wait… you… you aren’t the Courtney. Courtney of Team Magma. No. No no no no no no no… You’re supposed to be be… How…”

Winona held her feathers in front of her, ready to strike if needed. She was already running through every move a Swellow could use.
Courtney smiled and tossed her tails. "I suppose I'd be a bit more recognizable if I was wearing my uniform. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it!"

She eyed the Swellow tastelessly. "I've had plenty of run-ins with League members. And, of course, one of you happens to be right here, right now..."

She cocked her head and calculated whether the matter at hand was greater, and she should spare Winona's life for the time being, or whether it would be easier to do away with her now. If she managed to dispose of her while they were Pokemon, that would be one less major enemy for Team Magma to worry about.

She didn't know whether to smile or recoil from the ninetales' compliment, so she did neither. Instead, the yveltal shook her head at the ninetales' questions. "Chaos doesn't suit me, neither does destruction." Her eyes then narrowed at the ninetales' next comment. "Well. It's a good thing that I am very certain that he's dead," she snapped
"Shame!" Courtney huffed. "How can you be so certain? What sort of powers does a..." She gestured awkwardly to the Yveltal, "... you have? Can you contact the dead?"

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"I believe that our worlds operate on different rules, then. Dead is dead where I'm from."
"Oh right! Different universes have different laws of physics or something like that, June's explanation never really made any sense to me since he never sounds sure when he says it, he keeps ending his explanation with 'blah, blah, blah and stuff' like what kind of stuff? I don't know!" She made an exaggerated shrugging motion. "Crude also tried explaining it to me but he uses way too many fancy words. It makes my head hurts just trying to remember what he said."

She cupped her chin in thought. "Wait, if your world's dead stays dead, how can the guy you're chasing still be alive if he's supposed to be dead? Is he dead and alive? Wouldn't that mean he's from a different world? Do your rules not apply to people from different worlds? I know my world doesn't when Litno got there."

Fray adjusted her bow-tie with a smile, eagerly waiting for the big bird's reply.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh, boo-hoo, you used to be human. Tough luck. Better get used to this hell, we've been stuck like since before we got here," Arctozolt said.

Even so, they hoped to Zekrom that this would be over soon, and they'd finally be apart.

[[Good luck, you two.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Fascinating," she responded flatly. "Given that these 'games' apparently extend into the multiverse, encountering the same species a few times--even those of myth and legend--shouldn't be too surprising."
The face she made was pensive.

“I mean I guess,” she said quietly. “This one didn’t go by ‘Yveltal’ though. It was something with an A…” she trailed off as she tapped her cheek again. “A…Alt…Altaria?” A frown followed. “No, that doesn’t make sense. Alt-something?”

She shrugged and rolled her eyes before they roved back down to the card. “Whatever.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Hmm? I don't hear youuu!" Darkwhite twirled around in the air, though she gave Dave a brief look of recognition. "I got bored! Do you know how peaceful things are in Cibus now? Booooring. One day I decided to have some fun, called in a few favors, and here we are! Playing a fun little game! Oh, and don't worry, I'm only punishing Owen for five. Maybe I'll get to play with you next!"

She giggled. "Oh, that's right. I guess it's about time that I gave you your powers, right? Once this rainbow light fades... you'll turn to stone! Unless, of course, you hold one of these." Darkwhite held out one of the blank cards. "Each card has the image of a powerful entity, usually a Legendary Pokemon. As long as you're holding that card, you won't turn to stone. Don't lose it! That one refused to play my game at all... and look what happened to him! Uhuhu... huhu..." She pointed at the Charmander, who looked like he had been about to fight. Then, pouting, she pointed at Dave accusingly. "And don't bother telling Shield or Diyem about this, either! Or I'll get MAD!"
"Sword--"

In a shower of cardboard, playing cards rained down on the gathered Pokémon. Dave grabbed one of the 'rulebooks' and opened it. Oh. Oh. This wasn't Cibus. This was this again.

He pulled a card off the ground and skimmed through it. Then read it again, seething. "Sword, I'm going to fucking strangle you. What the fuck is this?"

He tried to toss the card away. It fluttered limply to the ground in front of him, looking blank and innocuous.

"Hey," he said loudly. "Hey, geniuses. Yes, we're all from different universes, get over it. Shut up for a second."

Dave picked up the card again and waved it in the air, not that it'd mean anything. "So apparently I'm what's called a 'miller', which means anyone who investigates me is going to be told I'm with the mafia even though I'm fucking not. So don't waste your time checking."

Everyone here really was a Pokémon. People talking about really being human. Like Cibus crossed with the previous mafia games. Fantastic. The one way to improve on the fucking board game dimension.

"Patron legendary's Darkrai. Main thing I do is every night I have to pick someone and increase their 'Dread count' by two. Whoever I've voted for at the end of the day has the dread count go up by one, and anyone who targets me in the night has the dread count go up by one. Anyone with a dread count of four can't use their action until it's 'cured', whatever that means. Anyone with a dread count of six gets eliminated. All in all, I can target somebody and they can confirm, assuming I don't get blocked or whatever. I can't just not target anyone."

He dropped the card again with an exasperated sigh. "I've got something else too that I can't say, but why the fuck would you even believe me? Even if we verify the whole dread thing, it's not exactly proof I'm not in the mafia. So this is all basically unfalsifiable bullshit. I'm saying it now because otherwise one of you fuckers is going to try to investigate me and it'll all sound like a hastily assembled excuse and we're all going to waste a fuckload of time."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Cosmo let out a long yawn. A lot of pokemon were talking, rambling on a lot about humans or being human. They all looked like Pokemon to him though. And apparently this was a game? He liked games, sometimes. As long as he could win them. But this game didn't make any sense.... why couldn't he play tag instead? He was good at that one. His eyes began drifting shut again.

[[Pay attention! That mightyena just said something important.]]

Cosmo's ears twitched. Who was talking to hi- Oh right, that weird purple guy said something about Guardian Spirits.

[[The mightyena is saying that he's not really a bad guy. But people might think he is. That's your job by the way. Figure out who is a bad guy and who is nice. Got it?]]

Oh thats what this was? Find-the-Bad-Guy? Okay, he could do that. "Yeah I believe him. He said he's not bad."

[[....You know people can lie, right? We can't just trust that Mightyena! He could be making everything up so we don't investigate him.]]

Letting out another long yawn, Cosmo shot the Mightyena a thoughtful glance. "Why lie? About being good guy that looks bad?"

[[Okay fair. He doesn't stand to gain much if he's a bad guy doing this I guess.

For now I think Free might be telling the truth. At least in that I think their statement of role is more helpful to town than scum, for the moment.]]

"Good. Now if that's it..." Cosmo's voice trailed off as he trotted in a circle and curled up.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[Hello? Is this thing on?]]

Fray perked up at the sudden sound, she glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice.

There was a strange humming near her abdomen and she quickly realised it was the stone that was speaking to her.

She took it out with both of her hands and giggled. "Hi, Mr. Guardian! I'm Fray! Nice to meet 'cha!"

[[Yeah, hello. Listen, kid. If you want to live then you gotta listen to everything I say, got it?]]

"Hm, I wonder what this does?"

[[What, hey! Don't touch that! Hey–]]

Light shone from the stone and a humanoid silhouette formed in front of her.

Fray's eyes shone in recognition at the vaguely familiar figure. "Crude? You're my guardian?"

[[Goddammit, I really did not want to walk in this form and for the record, kid. I'm not Crude.]]

Dave picked up the card again and waved it in the air, not that it'd mean anything. "So apparently I'm what's called a 'miller', which means anyone who investigates me is going to be told I'm with the mafia even though I'm fucking not. So don't waste your time checking."

Everyone here really was a Pokémon. People talking about really being human. Like Cibus crossed with the previous mafia games. Fantastic. The one way to improve on the fucking board game dimension.

"Patron legendary's Darkrai. Main thing I do is every night I have to pick someone and increase their 'Dread count' by two. Whoever I've voted for at the end of the day has the dread count go up by one, and anyone who targets me in the night has the dread count go up by one. Anyone with a dread count of four can't use their action until it's 'cured', whatever that means. Anyone with a dread count of six gets eliminated. All in all, I can target somebody and they can confirm, assuming I don't get blocked or whatever. I can't just not target anyone."

He dropped the card again with an exasperated sigh. "I've got something else too that I can't say, but why the fuck would you even believe me? Even if we verify the whole dread thing, it's not exactly proof I'm not in the mafia. So this is all basically unfalsifiable bullshit. I'm saying it now because otherwise one of you fuckers is going to try to investigate me and it'll all sound like a hastily assembled excuse and we're all going to waste a fuckload of time."
[[A Miller, you say? Now, that's gonna be annoying for the cops. Regardless, that's one scan out of the way, if you really are Town then your Dread count thing could definitely be a useful ability if you play your cards right.]]

"Oh! I get it! Cards like the ones we have!"

[[I could possibly take a Dread shot to confirm your claim of your ability for the night, seeing as I'm not very sure this–]] The hologram gestured to the Pokémon next to him. [[–kid has anything going for her.]]

"Nuh uh, I have a lot of talents! See, look!"

Icy winds came out of her mouth and she breathed it upon the space in front of her, creating a chunk of ice larger than anything present.

She then proceeded to chip at the ice block in an attempt to create whatever she was envisioning.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
He consulted the rulebook in his hands, ignoring the holes in every page he leaned through. After a minute, Sidney snapped the book shut. He was quiet, head bowed in concentration. "Interesting," he said, gaze sliding over to the Mightyena, "that you have a claim that can't be checked by another's night action without a dread count being placed on their head."

Then he tossed the rulebook over his shoulder with a casual flick. "But if what you said is true, there's no way to avoid these dread counters in the first place so why bother."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[sorry premature send, was trying to find the save button on mobile...]]

Sidney cocked his head to the side, and some directly to the Mightyena.

"I'm not that good at numbers and all that shit, but can you clear up your dread count info for me?"

"Patron legendary's Darkrai. Main thing I do is every night I have to pick someone and increase their 'Dread count' by two. Whoever I've voted for at the end of the day has the dread count go up by one, and anyone who targets me in the night has the dread count go up by one.

"You have to give someone two each night. Then you can give one out by voting at the end of the day. *And* anyone who checks on you in the night gets one, too? So essentially someone can end up with *four* all in one day, and if you've got a beef with anyone here, you can eliminate them in three nights, just like that?"
Anyone with a dread count of four can't use their action until it's 'cured', whatever that means.
Sidney scowled. "If you really are town, might be worth trying to find that cure of yours, unless you've got a better way to not accidentally start killing off your buddies."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"So apparently I'm what's called a 'miller', which means anyone who investigates me is going to be told I'm with the mafia even though I'm fucking not. So don't waste your time checking."
Arctozolt narrowed their eyes. "That sounds like a bit like an excuse..."

Do you really have to be hostile right off the bat?!

"Shut up! Anyways, I'm suspicious, but I'll believe you for now."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“Yeah, I’m Alolan,” you mutter. You aren’t sure if the other ‘Alolans’ are tourists or not. Best not to antagonist them yet since they might be able to kill you by knocking you out of the game. Honestly, turning to stone sounds better than staying as a skitty. You have to win this. “Take it all the other ex-humans like their forms?” Because it’s starting to seem like the universe only has it out for you.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
From the back of the crowd, a kirlia yawned and stretched, then used a psychic hold to drag Darkwhite's offered items to herself. Conceptually, the challenge was simple enough, weed out the bad guys. The hard part? Her powers felt dampened. She had only her own social deduction abilities to go off of. Oh, this was going to be so fun!

[[Hi all, had an emergency over the weekend and only just got a chance to read the thread properly. But now I'm at work. Will discuss frees claim on my break.]]

Top Bottom