• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ ugh guuuuuuys this is not what I wanted to come back to

managed to slip away for a break but it seems there’s no consensus yet? I don’t even see a vote tally post from Namo unless I just blindly scrolled passed it but tbh I really wish we’d gotten one before the final hour, that makes it very difficult to keep track of who’s at what count.

that said it seems we’re forming a train on shini purely to extend the day? I can get behind that, but I make no promises about being able to unvote once the extension is secure

vote: shinigojira

]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Yeah six hours is... yeah, I'll be asleep or good-as for that whole time. But it gives americans more time to pick a sensible target so consider me on board. Does the extension trigger at normal EOD?]]

Vote: Shini for extension purposes

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Well he might have considered you highly likely to be shot in the night, and his protection might not have gone through if... you were rolestopped. Right?]]
[[I mean, yeah, same as if he was roleblocked. Are you suggesting you know something?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[JOAT is usually town and it doesn't feel right to me for a scum JOAT to have the power set described by Shini. But it's entirely possible, IF he's lied about his powers and what he's done with them. But then why even claim JOAT and go on that whole weird tangent about me being a deflector? Doesn't feel like a scum plan to me.]]
[[The lack of daytalk means that I can't just treat weird misplays as an innocent thing like I always do. You're right that this doesn't feel like a scum plan. But I'm not expecting anything to feel like a plan at all.

And why would someone go to the effort of Rolestopping the one guy least likely to be targeted.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I mean, yeah, same as if he was roleblocked. Are you suggesting you know something?]]

[[I am not. I'm just looking for reasons for Shini to have 2 dread while not lying to us because I'd feel really guilty if we killed him for this and he flipped innocent.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Day 2 dusk votes:
Current players: 19

No Elimination (0)

Cosmo (1)

Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]

sans (3)
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Nanu (1)
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Fray (7)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]

Abstain (7)
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

]]

"Hmm, it looks like Fray's gonna get eliminated... Oh, but according to the rules, that means there will be an extension if that happens. Uhuhu... using that strategically to get more time? Huhu... huhu..." Darkwhite shrugged.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Vote: Shini]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[okay so we have the extension secured?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[looks like it!]]

Day 2 ~ Twilight

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Day 2:
Current players: 19

No Elimination (0)

Cosmo (0)

sans (3)

Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Nanu (1)
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Fray (8)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]

Abstain (7)
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

Fray has a majority, but the first vote was within the final hour. We are now in a Twilight Session. The night will begin in 6 hours.

]]

Darkwhite raised her hand and pointed at the far end of the horizon.

The sun... stopped. Right as it was about to dip beneath the horizon, but it was just barely there, painting the sky an ominous and deep orange. Here, time stopped. There was no sense of flow whatsoever...

The phantoms had gone still. The fair shut down. The buildings evaporated, and the ground, too, became nothing but a featureless, orange-brown void of swirling colors.

"Well... here we are. Twilight." Darkwhite frowned. "I'm getting kinda tired. You better come to a real decision this time."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I am not. I'm just looking for reasons for Shini to have 2 dread while not lying to us because I'd feel really guilty if we killed him for this and he flipped innocent.]]
[[Yeahhh, same. Like I said, it's possible he just forgot he'd get more dread if he targeted me, and then something stopped his action actually taking effect so that he noticed nothing, whether that's a block on him or a stop on me (though I agree with Chibi that rolestopping me seems pretty weird). It's definitely something I can see happening in mafia. But it's a pretty specific set of circumstances.

Uuuuugh. @ShiniGojira, if you have a chance to show up at any point in the next six hours, please explain whether you actually have two or three Dread right now, why you healed me, and what your thought process was in all this. Hopefully by that time the thread will be able to work through whether it seems plausible/convincing?

Incidentally, I mayyy remove my vote before I go to bed, since if he really did have three dread and just lied about it to not reveal he'd targeted me, my vote will give him four and thus disable his card - I'm still suspicious, but if he turns up and is actually innocent, we don't want that.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Now," Mademoiselle growled. "Let us use this period to make up for the time lost." She looked at the froslass. "Now please, could you explain a couple things about what happened last night, and why you only gained two Dread instead of three."

Mademoiselle raised her voice, loud enough to jolt any pokémon from the deepest of sleep. "And you!" she snarled at the linoone. "Speak up and answer our questions, will you?"

[[Pinging @ShiniGojira and @Flyg0n for this. Please speak up.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Vote: Unvote]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"What? Fire is so icky and weird! Why would you want to burn this awesome place down!"

[[Yes, I have dread. 2 dread in fact. I volunteered for the Dread count, remember? The 2 dread came from Free picking a target. She gives 1 to whoever she votes or whoever targets her. And whoever she targets gets 2 instead.]]
[[Here's Shini reiterating that he has exactly 2 dread, while mentioning that whoever targets me gets one? Definitely weird, right? Like, at least while making this post, wouldn't he put together that huh, he must've been blocked somehow?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yes I was and only the dread count happened, nothing else.]]
[[And then, soon afterward, he confirms that nothing else happened. Would've been a prime time to mention he has reason to believe he was blocked...? Hhhh I'm second-guessing everything, though, maybe he just didn't notice?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I mean, mentioning both things in one post sure makes it seem like he fucked up somehow, whether by lying or getting badly mixed up. Neither is a great look.]]

Top Bottom