• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[The night-skipping ability, that is. Not Abra dying.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"... Well at least some people have done the math for lousy my investigation odds are each night." Nanu replied impressed at both Fray (Shini) and Courtney (Starlight) 's observations. "and honestly my personal opinion is that if you folks want to skip the night phase so mafia can't discuss or strategize about what happened during D3? Then that would be the only reason to use that one-shot night skip so we can go straight into D4."

"Otherwise, based on my Intel and what I could provide, if you suspect they'll be multiple deaths on N4. Then save the night skip for when we might be certain more ppl could die. Especially when we still don't know if what sans (Blu) said is true or not? And you might be going into N3 without a few players like myself. If we die along with Sans (Blu) at EoD."

"But that's just my two cents on the matter. And Chatot agrees to go with whatever the majority decides. Whether u want to skip the night or give us a night to investigate other folks and players. If we're alive by EoD that is." Nanu concluded.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Agreed, though I am worried about Abra being killed tonight, since this is REALLY useful for town.]]
[[This is true too. This really is a pickle of a bit..... I... i really don't want Abra getting killed and scum will come for him hard tonight....]]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave frowned. "Aren't you people forgetting that if we skip this night, it means we won't be able to skip another night later? If you're worried about later nights getting more dangerous, shouldn't you rather want to skip one of the more dangerous later nights than this less dangerous one? Let's not jump the fucking gun here without thinking this through.

"Pros of skipping tonight:
- We can verify that the fucking Kadabra can actually do what he says he can do, not that you haven't all decided to immediately hardtown him just because he claimed it.
- We'll definitely get the nightskip and won't have to worry about the mafia just offing him in the night before we can use it.

"Cons of skipping tonight:
- We'd be skipping this night instead of some other night later. So far our nights aren't exactly massacres. Whoever Nanu's third party is, they're not becoming active tonight, so odds are tonight wouldn't be a massacre either, while maybe all hell breaks loose after they're activated. You know? Maybe we're going to want to skip a night that's likely to kill like five people, instead of this quiet evening. You know?
- I'm not seeing a lot of consensus here about who we'd want to off tomorrow. Skipping the night means no more information before we make that decision other than sans's flip. Theoretically maybe a bunch of people dying after that if he was telling the truth, but we're not putting much stock in that, are we. If we skip the night only to eliminate a townie tomorrow, it won't have done us a lot of fucking good. If we're all getting behind Fray or some other solid lead, then great, but if we skip the night only to get another fucking circus of indecision and clownery out of it, I swear to God I will strangle somebody.

"I do want to verify Puck wasn't in cahoots with Laura, and I do want to make sure we can actually make the skip happen one way or another instead of losing it, whenever that is, but I would also really fucking like people not to be arguing for the skip with 'They're going to get stronger later, so let's waste this power to skip their action now instead of later when they're stronger'."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Still, I lean towards not skipping today and doing it later...

Oh there it is. yeah I agree with Free. I think this game will get more dangerous later and I think we can get through the night and save it for later night. Plus, yeah, we need information]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[I'm willing to skip a night phase since I can't really do much without accidentally killing or blocking a potential townie.]]
[[". . . Okay wait. Shini I'm confused now
Cause if ur saying that u didn't use ur killing power last night... Then who or what killed Laura /Jackie?

Cause now that I think about. There was no discussion about Laura's /Jackie death outside of town being shocked that they were mafia . And bench (Arc) saying they didn't kill her. So.... Shouldn't we use this time to find out what happened for Laura to have died?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Maybe not! If some power killed a scum, we don't want other scum to know what caused it because we want them to live in fear]]
Cause if ur saying that u didn't use ur killing power last night... Then who or what killed Laura /Jackie?

Cause now that I think about. There was no discussion about Laura's /Jackie death outside of town being shocked that they were mafia . And bench (Arc) saying they didn't kill her. So.... Shouldn't we use this time to find out what happened for Laura to have died?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

“We established no one knows how Laura died a while back. Pay attention.” Dave sighed. “And no, we probably don’t want to know who did, because then the mafia also knows, and knows exactly who to block or how to get around it happening again. Knowing how it happened probably helps them and doesn’t help us.”

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[I don't know. I thought I already said I didn't kill her.

It's probably best if said vigilante or whatever stayed quiet though. Knowledge about who killed Jackie isn't exactly useful for us and Mafia could hone in on the killer if the vigilante or swapper outed themselves.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Yeah, she can INSPECT three players, but what can she do about it? 'Hey guys, I found out who's that third party beast! But I can't kill them because it's day four and they're running around killing people. Sorry about that!' What good does that do? And that's if she successfully finds the beast. Out of the 15 players left, she has a one-in-four chance of getting someone. Not great odds."
mad_front.png"So you'd rather us give up and let the beast run unchecked and unknown?! Yeah that's a real fuckin' great idea. Why give up before we even try? All because the numbers aren't in our favor? Lady, last time I checked the numbers were never in our favor. Don't go around spouting a bunch of shit about hopelessness!"

"I'm not gonna give up before we even try, and I sure fuckin' hope the Meowth isn't gonna give up either!"

Sidney gave a dry laugh and shook his head. "If only you knew about the odds," he muttered.

"Do Cacturnes have ears? Because you seem to have completely ignored what everyone has said about delayed massive kills. We know that strings, cultists, and dread all have factors in this game. Most of the town is fairly positive that there WILL be more kills as the game goes on. Just because we don't have tons of kills NOW doesn't mean we won't have them soon! Honestly, it's like you've never worked in any sort of illegal organization before. If you really were in a gang, you definitely weren't good at it!" She shook her head. "No WONDER you joined the Pokemon League! You're as blind and clueless as the rest of them."
bruh_front.png"You must not have ears either. The Mightyena said it well. We get one chance to skip the night, which means if we skip it now, there's another night later that might be more deadly that we can't avoid..."

sicko mode_front.png"Unless that's exactly what you want to have happen."

Courtney circled about the other players, soaking in the bright desert sun. "Any other thoughts on skipping the night? Yes, inforoles will be lost. But it may be worth it if it means preventing mafia and third party kills. I am positive that Cacturne is up to no good. He was vehemently defending the Slakoth, whom we're now confidently disposing of. And after he realized he was wrong, he claims to be afraid of the 'beast' and is begging for a 1/4 chance of Nanu catching it. Nevermind the fact that, even if Nanu identifies it, it will be too late for her to do anything. Who's to say that she won't fall victim during the night? Then we'll have even fewer people to watch out for mafia and third party players for."
pissed_front.png"No sane townsperson would willingly sacrifice their info roles! Especially after gaining a huge advantage by offing a scum last night! What you're saying is bullshit! That's so fuckin' shady, to give up hope and sew so much doubt. I knew I didn't like you already, but now? Fuck, man, that's so fuckin' scummy."

Sidney glared at the group, saving an especially hateful look for the Ninetales. "I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is. I know it won't do jack shit today, but if I don't make it through the night, I hope you all take a long, hard look at her in the morning."

Vote: Courtney/Starlight Aurate

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh, sure, act all high-and-mighty. Face it, Cacturne, you're not any better. Maybe in here you're town, but outside, you League people are no different from people like Team Rocket."

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ i would really prefer not to skip the night. i don't really see the advantage in doing that and imo anyone advocating it better have a really good idea for exactly who we should vote and why come morning given the amount of information we have right now. -q ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Oh, sure, act all high-and-mighty. Face it, Cacturne, you're not any better. Maybe in here you're town, but outside, you League people are no different from people like Team Rocket."
mad_front.png"This ain't about me, I already know I'm a sorry excuse for a person. I'm not high or mighty, and I'm not gonna pretend I am."

sicko mode_front.png"But if I catch you talkin' shit about the Boss, I'll add you next on the list right after that Ninetales. He's twice the person you'll ever be. He believed that even a piece of shit like me deserved a second chance at life. Don't ever compare him to the likes of selfish scumbags like Rocket or Magma."

Something that sounded like a warning could be heard coming from Sidney's guardian stone.

pissed_front.png"No, Boss! Fuck that! They don't get to talk about you like that. Not in front of me."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Have you even heard ANYTHING about what the Kanto league has done?"

"They've tried to destroy the world, were in cahoots with Team Rocket, AND abused their Pokemon!"

"What makes your league any better? How do you know your cohorts aren't scheming behind the scenes!"

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[Good news! I sent my death flavor to Namo in time :quag: I did the thing successfully!]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Have you even heard ANYTHING about what the Kanto league has done?"

"They've tried to destroy the world, were in cahoots with Team Rocket, AND abused their Pokemon!"

"What makes your league any better? How do you know your cohorts aren't scheming behind the scenes!"
mad_front.png"So you just assume everyone is like that? That everyone is drunk on power? And that they place no value on the lives of their partners? Fuck that. My pokemon have saved my life in more ways than one. You can fuck right off with that nonsense."

"The Boss would lay his life down if it meant protecting the people and pokemon he cared about. He already almost fuckin' did once."

and he did it again, too.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Spicy," Cosmo whispered.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Maybe your boss is different. But he's still just one person. There's bound to be corruption somewhere, the very concept of Pokemon training itself is corrup—"

The Arctozolt cut off when they were smacked in the face again by their own tail.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Yeah, she can INSPECT three players, but what can she do about it? 'Hey guys, I found out who's that third party beast! But I can't kill them because it's day four and they're running around killing people. Sorry about that!' What good does that do? And that's if she successfully finds the beast. Out of the 15 players left, she has a one-in-four chance of getting someone. Not great odds."
Ajia couldn't believe her ears. "I'm... sorry if this comes off as harsh, I really am, but... if Nanu finds the beast then we vote them out. I genuinely do not understand how that was not obvious."

Courtney circled about the other players, soaking in the bright desert sun. "Any other thoughts on skipping the night? Yes, inforoles will be lost. But it may be worth it if it means preventing mafia and third party kills. I am positive that Cacturne is up to no good. He was vehemently defending the Slakoth, whom we're now confidently disposing of. And after he realized he was wrong, he claims to be afraid of the 'beast' and is begging for a 1/4 chance of Nanu catching it. Nevermind the fact that, even if Nanu identifies it, it will be too late for her to do anything. Who's to say that she won't fall victim during the night? Then we'll have even fewer people to watch out for mafia and third party players for."
ajia-mad.png
"I wasn't even feeling that great about Sidney, but none of the reasons you're giving make sense. None of the other people in the gamer club got informed of it or defended sans, so why would things be so different for Sidney? And recommending that we save our skip for a night phase that is very probably going to have more deaths isn't a bad thing."

Top Bottom