• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[It’s still hard to tell what you’re saying. You’ve already claimed an investigative power; you are already a target, and being cagey at this point is just unhelpful to town. Are you saying that you have the power to investigate a person and find out if they are a third party or not? Or that you’re only looking for one specific third party, and your action lets you figure out if the target is that specific person or not?]]
"Answers in there more or less. And sadly my guardian is having trouble backlogging with the thread. but I think we both read somewhere that @Seren mentioned @Dragonfree targeting us with dread? if someone wants to clarify on that a bit further?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Hello Abra!!! Good luck!!]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"seems the jig is up. well, here goes nothing." sans cleared his throat, pensively, before his tone shifted to a lighter one.

"a certain amount of people have been invited into my special super sans gamer club," he said, winking and grinning. "i've also been able to send out invitations during the night. so, i would like to suggest that y'all play very carefully if you don't want to bring down half the playerbase, if you catch my drift."

"club closes at night, though. so, feel free to shoot me down after hours, if you want to free everybody from the horrors of being in the super sans gamer club." He closed his eyes. "i'm willing to take one for the team. not like i've been much help otherwise, right?"

"full disclosure i'm mostly here because the big guy-" he gestures to an unseen force, somewhere beyond where Darkwhite is hovering. "really needed folks to fill up seats, so to speak. hopefully my presence has been at least a little entertaining. didn't mean to cause so
what_front.png"I. Fucking, what?! You're fucking what?!"

"see, the reason i was so sure about multiple cults, is that the string thing sure as hell seems like a cult thing to me," said sans. "and i would know, since i'm the chairman of the super sans gamer club."

"nightkilling me should be safe," he replied. "gm made some modifications to the secret club thing, including the fact that having a membership pass won't override your other powers."
"I fucking believed you! That you knew about cults because you could stop them, not be the fucking chairman or whatever the fuck you called it. And you were all to happy to let me hang myself because of it. Fuck, man. Fuck!"

Sidney began to pace back and forth, hands pinned against the top of his hat, a look of distant terror crossing flashed in his eyes.

"Not again, I swore this wouldn't happen again," he muttered, still pacing.

He finally stopped, standing stock still. His back turned to the group. The faint sound of his guardian's voice could be heard over the desert wind.

"No, it's... fuck, no it is my fault! I fucked up, Boss, I fucked up!"

Sidney was screaming now, his voice echoing across the sands. He quieted suddenly, but his shoulders still shook, and needles jutted out from every surface of his body.

"Fuck, no." Sidney's tone was calmer now, but the quiver of emotion was there. The needles began to retract back into his skin. "You're right. That's... I'm not that kind of person anymore."

Slowly, he turned back toward the group.

worried_front.png"I'm... I fucked up. I trusted someone I shouldn't have. Not the first time I've been wrong. Damn sure it won't be the last, either."

mad_front.png"But I'm not some fucking cultist though! I ain't about that shit! I learned my lesson a long time ago." He jabbed a spine the Slakoth's way. "I'm not on that asshole's team. I'm not on any fuckin' kooky sicko's team!"

"I fucked up. But I'm gonna make this right. Somehow. I just don't know how. Yet."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Maybe Wind can clarify this, but Oracles only get to learn about the initial setup, not any changes made during the game, so she wouldn't hear about the cult recruits.]]
[[Correct. I could theoretically ask "is there a cult whose recruits die when the leader does" but asking "How many people have been recruited" would be an invalid question.

Anyways, I'm about to head to work but a couple of stray thoughts;
-putting blossomleaf back in my null pile because I... Honestly cannot work out what role she's trying to claim. And it didn't click when I was sleepy last night, but yeah, claiming to have checked three people is kind of odd. Unless her oneshot was an extra inspection but that sounds... Kind of weak?
-nervous about voting sans if it really is going to kill people but also like. Feels like if that were the case they'd at least be aware they're part of a cult you know? Unless the afflicted cult members are just lying. Also leaving him alive and hoping that a vig or the mafia can kill him off just sounds like a bad idea.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also I don't know that I trust Blossom tbh, not enough to know and sussing out TP's can easily be scum power.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[at work for the next 6 or so hours, I'll be better equipped to reply to pertinent things when I'm home at my computer]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I almost wonder if Blossom is being cagey bc they made a slipup and have no scumbuddies to cover them? Like they realized they're about to self-incriminate so they're being cagey.

Its just a theory for now, something I'm floating. Could also just be newcomer townie trying not to reveal but.

Blossom you are hurting town by being so dicey at this point. You theoretically already have a target on your back.]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[ @Bluwiikoon

I don't suppose we can persuade you to tell us who is in your gamer club, or to elaborate on your powers more >:} ?
"you got a point. i should clarify some things," said sans.

"ok so here's the deal:

• nobody gets notified whether they are part of the club. this has been confirmed with both nanu [[blossomleaf]] and arctozolt [[bench]].
  • you can be a part of the super sans gamer club without knowing, because i can send out invitations at night.
  • i don't know whether [[seren]]'s power deletes my membership passes or not. alls i know is that necrozma can't join my super sans gamer club. i simply can't recruit them.
  • my one-shot let me invite two players into the super sans gamer club. this means that, depending on whether [[seren]]'s power deleted arctozolt [[bench]]'s gamer pass, you are currently risking the lives of 4-5 people by eliminating me during the day. or, 5-6, if i figure out who to vote for today, heh.

i do deeply apologise for misleading folks," he ended, eyes closed pensively. "but i hope you understand. this is simply the role i've been given, and i've just had to do my best with what i've got. it's nothing personal."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I kinda think we might need to kill Bluwii today... We have to kill them eventually somehow. This isn't even a question of if but when.

If we let them send out more invitations thats extra bad. We could cross fingers and hope scum wants them dead too and shoots them in the night but...

HMMmNNG. I kinda regret not hopping on the bluwii train the previous day, haha.

Anyways its possible Bluwii is still misleading us over if people die if they are lynched vs if they are night-killed.

Either way we do need to make a decision about how to eliminate Bluwii (sorry bluwii)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[vote:bluwii

Unless something else insane happens. More will be at risk the longer bluwii is around

With that done, I turn my attention back to Blossom and await a real explanation.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[ @Blossomleaf can you pls just straight up describe exactly what your role does to me ]]
[[I mean Dragonfree basically figured it out by stating that part of my role involves me searching and ascertaining who is 3rd party. Or more specifically a 3rd party that is going to be a threat to mafia and town.

Because real talk if I were cop then I feel like that'd be a more useful role to town then what I was given. As I can't really do much with my role at this time. Until I meet certain criteria in my searches.]]

"you got a point. i should clarify some things," said sans.

"ok so here's the deal:

• nobody gets notified whether they are part of the club. this has been confirmed with both nanu [[blossomleaf]] and arctozolt [[bench]].
  • you can be a part of the super sans gamer club without knowing, because i can send out invitations at night.
  • i don't know whether [[seren]]'s power deletes my membership passes or not. alls i know is that necrozma can't join my super sans gamer club. i simply can't recruit them.
  • my one-shot let me invite two players into the super sans gamer club. this means that, depending on whether [[seren]]'s power deleted arctozolt [[bench]]'s gamer pass, you are currently risking the lives of 4-5 people by eliminating me during the day. or, 5-6, if i figure out who to vote for today, heh.

i do deeply apologise for misleading folks," he ended, eyes closed pensively. "but i hope you understand. this is simply the role i've been given, and i've just had to do my best with what i've got. it's nothing personal."
[[But going back to this and what Bluwii / Sam's revealed. I realize now that not voting him out was a mistake. Because I fucked up by securing the tie to keep him in play which sucks :(. So if at this point we're better voting Bluwii out and we lose some ppl like myself and Bench....then I don't know how bench feels about this? But I'd be willing to take the hit /death in hopes that town will be closer to winning. Cause I really am mad at myself for what little to nothing I have done to help. And it's not like N3 will be any different if I'm basically picking names out of a hat until I get a successful result :(((]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I don't know if my diamond prevents this, but I'm willing to take the hit. I've executed my plan already, I'm happy with my play here.]]

"Wait, I didn't agree to this!"

Neither did I!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I mean Dragonfree basically figured it out by stating that part of my role involves me searching and ascertaining who is 3rd party. Or more specifically a 3rd party that is going to be a threat to mafia and town.

Because real talk if I were cop then I feel like that'd be a more useful role to town then what I was given. As I can't really do much with my role at this time. Until I meet certain criteria in my searches.]]

[[But going back to this and what Bluwii / Sam's revealed. I realize now that not voting him out was a mistake. Because I fucked up by securing the tie to keep him in play which sucks :(. So if at this point we're better voting Bluwii out and we lose some ppl like myself and Bench....then I don't know how bench feels about this? But I'd be willing to take the hit /death in hopes that town will be closer to winning. Cause I really am mad at myself for what little to nothing I have done to help. And it's not like N3 will be any different if I'm basically picking names out of a hat until I get a successful result :(((]]
[[This is my point. Describe in plain terms exactly what you can do, and what you did, especially if bluwii is being honest and you might die. Just tell us. The more specifics we understand the better.

To be clear, I don't want any town to die. I am sorry if you are town and you're gonna die. I am. But it also feels (and as bluwii stated) a lot more will die if we don't. And its ok, dont feel too too bad about NE, bc I also voted no elimination :/

And I am very sorry to you Bench, but you did amazingly, thank you. I hope maybe some can live...

But blossom please you're just being really confusing and thats detrimental to town]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ I kinda realized taking notes was pointless because i inherited my strings from Yellow so it seems pretty likely i'll die too lol. ]]

i don't know whether [[seren]]'s power deletes my membership passes or not. alls i know is that necrozma can't join my super sans gamer club. i simply can't recruit them.

[[ ok so maybe I'm misinterpreting here but someone impossible to recruit sounds like a second cult leader? Unless that's been clarified elsewhere already. ]]

So if at this point we're better voting Bluwii out and we lose some ppl like myself and Bench....t

[[ what I already said above the quotes ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ I don't see a world in which (if Bluwii is being even slightly honest) Bluwii has marked you Blossom, that keeping information to yourself is helping town in the slightest. Unless you have the worlds most insane daypower, tell us today what you can do so we can at least try to help or find more scum with our remaining time!

@AbraPunk It seems like Bluwii's power and the deaths attached to it are unrelated to Bluwii so voting him off might not kill you, assuming Bluwii is being vaguely truthful]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ I kinda realized taking notes was pointless because i inherited my strings from Yellow so it seems pretty likely i'll die too lol. ]]

[[ ok so maybe I'm misinterpreting here but someone impossible to recruit sounds like a second cult leader? Unless that's been clarified elsewhere already. ]]

[[ what I already said above the quotes ]]
[[Basically right now the going theory is that there's two powers at play here:

-Bluwii's 'invites' they send out, which you will not be notified of
-A mystery 'stringer' whose power scope is unknown

So hopefully being stringed isn't yet a death sentence, hah. I hope....]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ it feels absolutely wack to me that we must kill bluwii to win but also doing so kills a bunch of probably-townies. for that reason alone i suspect the thing about the members not dying if he’s nk’d may be true. either way this role still feels wacky and i suspect he’s lying somewhere. -q ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ it feels absolutely wack to me that we must kill bluwii to win but also doing so kills a bunch of probably-townies. for that reason alone i suspect the thing about the members not dying if he’s nk’d may be true. either way this role still feels wacky and i suspect he’s lying somewhere. -q ]]
[[Or is he lying, hoping to get one more night to mark victims? :thonk:

It is a conundrum though, and I do agree with the notion that there is a safe way to kill bluwii.... nngh]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[Or is he lying, hoping to get one more night to mark victims? :thonk:

It is a conundrum though, and I do agree with the notion that there is a safe way to kill bluwii.... nngh]]
[[ yeah, i’m kind of wondering what his win condition is. maybe no one dies and he’s bluffing because he’s close to winning. -q ]]

Top Bottom