• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Some quick notes before rereading time proper. First, @Bluwiikoon, I believe you missed where I asked you a couple questions about your power?]]

If you think this is a multiple cults sort of deal, though, why'd you say you didn't know if it was positive or negative? Isn't cult recruitment pretty fucking negative, and doesn't the fact you thought your power was good mean you figured marks were bad? Or what, did you think maybe the marks of the patron you couldn't protect from were good? Like, a 'town cult'?"

He paused. "Also, does it say they're protected from being marked for the night, or the next day too? Because the strings thing happened during the day, so if your thing supposedly only applies for the night, then that's another likely cult thing that you apparently can't protect from."

Laura [unrepentantAuthor] - [[I feel really weird about their progression on the Bluwii thing? First the vote, which is justified by pointing out they were reluctant to vote out Bluwii previously when he was scum,
[[Hahahhaha apparently I caught Negrek disease. What I meant to type here was first Jackie voted for Bluwii, with several counts of reasoning for doing so; then, after the DADV concern, Jackie claimed on unvoting that actually they were just trying to bait other people into voting Bluwii to see who'd jump on and if there was a defense. It's not totally unreasonable, I guess, but it felt pretty weird to me.

Yellow's claim is strongly backed up by Jackie, so Yellow more or less can't be scum unless Jackie is, unless Jackie's mistaken about the power being Yellow's/being town, which I don't think is likely; Jackie has a good sense of these things.]]

heh_front.png
"And I'm not sure why the Slakoth's power being vote activated is so weird when you yourself have a vote activated power. That's just one aspect of the Slakoth's power, just like yours. I believe them unless the Arcotzolt comes forward with something bad that happened to them. I'm won't be voting for the Slakoth."
"I mean, it's not exactly the same thing. My main power isn't being activated when I vote for people, it's sort of a side-effect, right? But fair point that it's a weird setup with weird vote-activated shit in it, I guess. Not really so much a thing to suspect him for."

Can someone please tell me what the heck DADT and DADV mean?? I’m so lost lol.
[[Dead Air, Dead Villager, or Dead Air, Dead Townie. It means if someone's about to be voted out and there's no resistance to it, that person is probably a townie, because scum would usually try to make some attempt not to get their own voted out. It doesn't necessarily mean it's being pushed by scum - often villagers start trains on townies and the scum sit back and enjoy the show and go along with it.]]

sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon] - I believe that his role prevents marks, but also that power could be any alignment lol. The mafia don't want to get recruited into anything either.
[[The mafia don't want to get recruited into anything... but also, would a mafia member with the power to prevent cult recruitment have that power activated by voting for the target? I gueeeess if it was meant to be a nerf on it, but that seems kind of extreme for preventing recruitment, which isn't really a power that needs a nerf?]]

Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - Okay, I've been waffling on these two for the whole game. I don't like how they started out theorizing that sans put the diamond on me when there were multiple reasons why that was unlikely. It's a weird thing to chase after, didn't go anywhere, and basically only served to make the later sans train feel less out-of-nowhere. Also, I'm very surprised that she wasn't the first one to actually vote sans. Trying to bait someone else into doing it? I don't want to fixate on this too hard, though, because I know that q does play town aggressively, and I fell into a pit of Duck Confusion in the 1st anni game because of it.
[[Hmm, yeah, I'd forgotten about the bit about thinking the diamond was sans. I didn't think it was some major insistence on it or anything, but I think you kind of have a point about it sort of serving mostly to keep suspicion on sans?]]

Ajia had been rereading her notes when something suddenly jumped out at her that made her fur stand on end. "Wait... you healed Dave? Shouldn't you have 3 dread right now?"
[[...Huh. Yeah. I just went back to check and he specifically said "I got two dread on me rn" and not something more ambiguous like "Yeah, I got the two dread I should have gotten from Dave targeting me" or whatever. That does seem pretty funny when he was supposedly actually at three? Was he lying about healing me, and then why? Hrmmmm. (Unless he just got blocked or something? But then shouldn't he have expected to get three, and been surprised by it...?)]]

"Tell me to 'fucking chill' one more goddamn time and I'm gonna haul off and wrap one of these fucking tentacles around your neck. Just try me," she threatened. There was a darkness to her tone that wasn't present during her rant.
Dave's ears pinned back. "Jesus Christ. We're playing a fucking game."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
No matter which way you slice it, he's our safest vote for the day. While Tetra's silence is concerning, what cinches it for me is that Bluwii's card is supposedly a counterpart to Seren's, meaning that we don't just get info from Bluwii with that flip, but also Seren.]]
[[Hold on, where are you getting it being a counterpart? Bluwii's power doesn't affect Necrozma's marks, but Seren said nothing about not being able to affect any other legendary, or anything else that matches something Bluwii does other than preventing a status effect (which doesn't seem like the same thing as a mark)?]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Quick and dirty readlist.]]

Hard Town

Chibi, Inke, Sind, Free

1644093377105.png

Soft Town

Yellow, Shini, Seren, Blossom

1644093419951.png

Null/Unsure

Pers, Starlight, Wind, Pano, Espy, Torchic

1644093533688.png

Ambivalent

Bench, bruh, Bluwii, Tetra

1644093487671.png

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Vote: sans (Bluwiikoon)

No matter which way you slice it, he's our safest vote for the day. While Tetra's silence is concerning, what cinches it for me is that Bluwii's card is supposedly a counterpart to Seren's, meaning that we don't just get info from Bluwii with that flip, but also Seren.]]

[[Okay, I trust Inke, and I hadn't thought of getting info on Seren as well. Sounds good. Sorry, Bluwii.]]

vote: sand (bluwii)

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Hold on, where are you getting it being a counterpart? Bluwii's power doesn't affect Necrozma's marks, but Seren said nothing about not being able to affect any other legendary, or anything else that matches something Bluwii does other than preventing a status effect (which doesn't seem like the same thing as a mark)?]]
[[He stated that he knows that there is a Necrozma card and that his seems to be a counterpart:
If Puck's legendary is Dialga, then that means Seren may be the person with the patron legendary that my ability won't have any affect on. @Seren , would you happen to have a patron of Necrozma, by any chance? Regardless, I do know mechanically that Necrozma exists in this game.

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[Bruh. Abstaining is the worst possible decision imo and this makes me a bit suspicious of you. We can’t afford to keep sitting here doing nothing and there are at least a good number of people who are fishy or inactive.

Speaking of inactives, I REALLY would like to hear from @SparklingEspeon . There’s a whole lot of inactives (or barely active players) this game and it’s really starting to grind my gears. I’m so tired of playing mafia with inactive players, y’all. I know it’s a scum strat, but a lot of the time the inactives are town.

If you don’t have time to participate, at least say so in the thread. Skim the page at some point and give general thoughts or try to find summary posts like Sind’s. Something to be helpful.]]
[["Yeah sorry. Maybe it is a bad call on my part. But at the same tim I'm running out on errands and theres no time to change my vote at this point. Plus given how everyone else is voting already, I feel that the majority is going to come out on top regardless of what I decide. And at this point there's too many factors and Intel that cropped up to trust myself to. Shoot blindly.

So. This is. Me saying I'm sorry I could do much for D2. But I plan to rectify this D3. And this is the best decision I'm. Comfortable. Making at this I'll be more than happy to clarify when the thread reopens. Even if it does make me more sus :((]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
ajia-concern.png
"The thing that gets me is that so far all of the marks, both good and bad (dread, strings, the diamond, whatever Puck did) have had some way of knowing they happened, whether public or private. sans's ability not leaving a trace kind of makes sense if it's literally just preventing marks. And if sans's mark-prevention were a good thing for town, wouldn't it makes sense that it wouldn't interfere with a marking that is also good for town? It just doesn't follow to me that sans's ability would leave a mark that Kimiko's patron removes/prevents. Especially since Arctozolt didn't get informed of anything."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[He stated that he knows that there is a Necrozma card and that his seems to be a counterpart:
[[I mean, yes, I know he said he knows about Necrozma, but that doesn't indicate they're counterparts? Their roles don't really sound like counterparts to each other except in that they can both cure a thing. What exactly are you thinking Bluwii's flip would tell us about Seren? Like, I'm not at all convinced it means they'd be opposite alignments - my first thought for "can cure marks, except for one specific kind" was that it'd be a "no friendly fire" sort of deal.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Unaware of everything around her, Tricky was fast asleep. Something else spoke for her.

[[Hi this started literally the day my college term did, and I've been scrambling to get things under control because the first week of school sucks. I'm basically set now but Idk what I can contribute to this day since EoD is in like an hour. I'm holding myself to being around the next day though--and if I'm not feel free to sus me or something, idk]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
whatever Puck did
[[Real quick - did we have some indication that Yellow's power causes a mark, and not a status effect? Wasn't the idea that Yellow's target would be marked just her assumption that the diamond was caused by her, or did I miss something about it being a mark too?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Real quick - did we have some indication that Yellow's power causes a mark, and not a status effect? Wasn't the idea that Yellow's target would be marked just her assumption that the diamond was caused by her, or did I miss something about it being a mark too?]]
[[[Ah, that's... me conflating marks with status effects. I was basically just thinking of a mark as a 'visible status effect' but I probably should separate them for clarity.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I mean, yes, I know he said he knows about Necrozma, but that doesn't indicate they're counterparts? Their roles don't really sound like counterparts to each other except in that they can both cure a thing. What exactly are you thinking Bluwii's flip would tell us about Seren? Like, I'm not at all convinced it means they'd be opposite alignments - my first thought for "can cure marks, except for one specific kind" was that it'd be a "no friendly fire" sort of deal.]]
[[That's a fair assessment, but my immediate thought of "clears helpful status", did seem like something that would be on opposing alignments as opposed to both Town. There's also Chibi's previous point where every other mark/status was clearly telegraphed, while Bench has reported nothing back, despite being targeted by Bluwii.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Tetra's made exactly four posts and they're pretty much nothing. Definitely not the sort of aggressive inquisitive town I'm used to her playing, but also I definitely wouldn't want to vote her out without her even claiming here, especially after last game. Really want to hear from her, though.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Okay, I trust Inke, and I hadn't thought of getting info on Seren as well. Sounds good. Sorry, Bluwii.]]

vote: sand (bluwii)
[[Mmmmhhh I don't like this hasty re-vote without even questioning the counterpart thing either]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Actually can @Inkedust elaborate on her thoughts about the bluwii/Seren dichotomy? I've had a lot of trouble keeping up with reading everything and would appreciate it.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Mmmmhhh I don't like this hasty re-vote without even questioning the counterpart thing either]]
[[Would you prefer I keep my vote on Tetra with no response from her less than an hour before EOD when I only voted to pressure in the first place?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[...Huh. Yeah. I just went back to check and he specifically said "I got two dread on me rn" and not something more ambiguous like "Yeah, I got the two dread I should have gotten from Dave targeting me" or whatever. That does seem pretty funny when he was supposedly actually at three? Was he lying about healing me, and then why? Hrmmmm. (Unless he just got blocked or something? But then shouldn't he have expected to get three, and been surprised by it...?)]]
Ajia was pacing more intensely now. "Fray letting us know that she probably got blocked would have been really important. I don't know why she wouldn't have even implied that. She implied a bunch of other stuff that she didn't need to, so Fray doesn't strike me as the sort to keep that a secret if she had been blocked. And why even take the risk of getting 3 dread in the first place? It's such a bizarre move. Healing Dave is also a bizarre move. But the worst part is that I kind of expect her to make no sense regardless of whose side she's on."

She stopped, straightening herself. "I want to hear from Cosmo. But I don't want to lose him without even knowing what he can do. I still feel uneasy about Princess, but being wrong about her could really hurt town. I'm going with my gut here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like it's not as bad as being wrong about the others."

vote: Fray

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Actually can @Inkedust elaborate on her thoughts about the bluwii/Seren dichotomy? I've had a lot of trouble keeping up with reading everything and would appreciate it.]]
[[Well, what pinged me was Bluwii mentioning that he can remove a certain status effect and that he cannot affect a certain patron legendary (Necrozma). I thought this naturally meant that the two were linked for this reason. Bluwii clears the marks (and by extension, the effects of said marking) that Seren casts. I could've missed something here, I woke up not too long ago but that was my line of reasoning.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Well, what pinged me was Bluwii mentioning that he can remove a certain status effect and that he cannot affect a certain patron legendary (Necrozma). I thought this naturally meant that the two were linked for this reason. Bluwii clears the marks (and by extension, the effects of said marking) that Seren casts. I could've missed something here, I woke up not too long ago but that was my line of reasoning.]]
[[What? Bluwii specifically said that he couldn't clear Necrozma's marks.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Hi hi, I am traveling so I can’t say too much. Inke raises a good point about the Bluwii/Seren counterpart stuff. Not sure if I want to change my vote just yet but I’ll try to keep an eye on the thread]]

Top Bottom