• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[And I don't just wanna off someone who's town, like Bench, even if bench seemingly maybe used up part of their power.

I feel okay staying on Espy for now maybe, tbh]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[I don’t know why you’re so certain the stringer hasn’t faked being stringed. It would be so easy to do.]]
[[ i may be wrong here, but if we’re to believe that the stringer is approaching their wincon because they are at parity with the non-stringed players, then for this to be true and the numbers to work out there would have to be someone who is actually stringed but hasn’t spoken up about it yet, which seems less likely to me than that the stringer simply hasn’t claimed to be stringed. -q ]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Votes so far:

Tetra votes SparklingEspeon
bruh: Pano
Inke: bruh
Torchic: Shini
Chibi: Shini
Abra: Sind
Persephone: Tetra
Starlight: bruh moment

SparklingEspeon: 1
bruh moment: 2
ShiniGojira: 2
Sinderella: 1
Flyg0n: 1

Gonna reiterate what Inke has been saying about voting: This is a mess. We have 45 minutes to choose someone.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[ @Namohysip can i humbly request a vote count 🥲 ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Oh nvm thanks Starlight]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[ i don’t fully follow. if we make it until tomorrow then we have the whole day to continue searching for the stringer, with an extra night of actions and information to assist. so it isn’t really true that right now is our only shot. it isn’t even our best shot. and none of us have any real clue who the stringer is. if we try to vote there and are wrong, we probably lose. we know exactly who the stringees are. -q ]]
[[I guess that checks out, although we also have to contend with the "beast", which will do numbers. Also in the event of ties, the vote goes to whoever reached the tied number first, so in this case, Shini.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[The stringees:

dave - absolutely not
abra - not worth losing nightskip
starlight - no
shini- I said my bit
pano - proven bus driver
bench - proven tracker
torchic - no proof but I'm not voting a claimed doctor lol]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I volunteer to let myself be eliminated.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 2402"H-hey, what the...?"

Suddenly, Sidney staggered backward, wildly swinging at the air above his head.

"Fuck off! Fuckin' strings! They're yankin' at my brain! They fuckin' hurt! Goddamnit!"

In his panic, the guardian stone attached to his hat tumbled to the ground. It crackled and chirped with static before a masculine voice came through in between the popping and hissing.

[[--idney, Sidney! Oh no, please, can someone hear me? Sidney! I'm sorry, it's the strings, they're interfering. I... I think it's because they're so tight.

To anyone who can hear me, I have i warm you. The message said that there were a "dangerous number" of players with these strings. So much so that the "puppet master" could win at nightfall if more are affected.]]

The voice stopped, only static coming through, before it came back, barely a whisper.

[[I'm sorry. I... I've been in these games before, but not... Not like this. I don't know what to do.]]

"Hey, what are you—Zekrom, that feels weird. Hey, cut it out!"

The Arctozolt's eyes widened, before they said, "Shit! Shit! We got the strings, too!"

[[HEY

I just got a PM from Namo. I got strings. Also:

"The strings are tightening. A dangerous number of others have these strings. If more come, perhaps the puppet master will win at nightfall."

So:
Strings unrelated to claiming legendary
Game is about to end for Townies?]]

[[Got a message about the strings tightening, too. Pano never said the patron name, right? Just roleclaimed?

Clearly multiple people can be strung per day, so no way can they do it indiscriminately, which’d just mean they autowin if the survive until tonight - there’s got to be something that makes it possible. Now I’m wondering if guessing the name of your role is what lets the stringer get you. Did anyone get strung who didn’t claim a role with a common name (bus driver, tracker, miller)?

Now I’m wondering if kyeugh is the stringer and that’s why she suggested mass roleclaim…?]]

"Mr. Guardian. I don't feel so good." Fray grasped her head, her ghostly body fading a bit as her world spun.

[[Crap. Crap. Don't worry, Fray. Just don't panic, no one panic! Stop panicking!]] The hologram shouted at themselves.

[[Okay, crap. Strings tightening and crap, I didn't think my theory would've been the most likely, craaaap.

Okay, okay. So let's see here, nightfall might give way to the stringer's win if more comes. Does this mean the stringer has to string a certain percentage of players? Like what I suggested earlier as it seems like it has no limit to stringing people as long as they roleclaim? (Then what does this mean for Yellow/Abra? They didn't roleclaim, right? But they still got stringed)

If it's because of roleclaiming, then people, please stop roleclaiming.

Goddammit, if Torchic and Pers are telling the truth then the amount of stringed players would be 8 right now, half of the players alive.]]
[[This is what I have so far, in order.

I dunno if this tells us anything. Its possible that if anyone lied, its Fray? bench is fairly well confirmed, Free mentioned strings first (unless free has galaxy brained us all by being the stringer and faking giving themselves strings :thonk), Starlight is maybe a cop, Pano is maybe... probably??/ Swapper? But also TP? That doesn't make much sense?

Idk.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Late day checkin:

Current players: 16

Abstain (8)
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]

bruh moment (2)
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Tetra(0)

Persephone (0)

Sinderella (1)

Aster (Kadabra) [Abrapunk]

Courtney (0)

Blossomleaf (1)

Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]

Fray (2) (first to 2)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Pano (1)
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]

Espy (1)
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Vote: Arctozolt]]

"Hey, I thought you were on our side!"

[[Didn't you vote for your other half last game you were in?]]

"THAT WAS DIFFERENT!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ 1644873801919.png]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Should I retract my vote?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[pls do, you're a tracker, that's super valuable and pano won the banquet for town as a tracker]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Mggggghhhh

kyeugh is suggesting she Knows things, and that's making me uneasy about Shini and side-eye Pano a little more. But also I can picture eliminating Pano in particular as being some form of ploy to ensure no swapping happens, e.g. if she's the Beast and that's the one thing that could stop her killing Blossom tonight? But also if there's really no other swapper that also suggests Starlight's third-party result on Pano is legit? But also Persephone still keeps pinging me and I want to vote her but I don't particularly think she's the stringer so we really can't do that.

I guess. Eliminating Shini feels like the safest choice? Someone with strings, who might be mafia, whose role is known to be not really all that great if town, and it'll give some hint towards kyeugh's alignment either way...?

On the other hand there's the third party result on Pano...? But on the other other hand even kyeugh is pretty convinced Pano is not hostile despite being third party?

Hhhhh.

We don't want to lose the tracker, Bench; we really need more information in this game.

Vote: Fray (ShiniGojira)]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[....why wouldn't you???? You're tracker?????]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Ah, ok! My apologies.]]

[[Vote: bruh moment]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ bluh. this is annoying. it really sucks to lose shini in this setup where we seem to have so little killing power and the hostiles seem to have so much. but if it’s that or losing the game, i guess i’ll go with that. i really don’t think this is better than voting pano though.

vote: shinigojira ]]

Top Bottom