• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I guess this tells us as a backup plan that if we eliminate an arbitrary one of the stringees, and the mafia also goes for someone who's been strung in the night because they don't want the stringer to win either, we're presumably not about to immediately lose?]]
[[I am leaning toward this being the case. If the stringer is at 8/16, that would explain the message from Darkwhite. I think we need to eliminate a stringee or we lose. And I still don't feel good about the interactions between Jackie and Shini. I don't trust Persephone, but the risk of losing two people in this gamestate is not a risk I'm willing to take.]]

vote: Fray

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm at an utter loss for this. Might cast a random vote soon anyways, based on what I can construe.

Might uh.. Vote espy? Is that safe? We know nothing about them. Maybe better than voting cop.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[ this is not really close to what i was saying at all. ]]
[[It came off that way to me, but tbf, I just woke up when I scrolled through the thread, so I may have misinterpreted a few things. Still, it came off as you trying to deflect away from finding the stringer with the "maybe the game doesn't end" thing, since they're most likely one of the remaining hostiles based on Wind's info.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[It came off that way to me, but tbf, I just woke up when I scrolled through the thread, so I may have misinterpreted a few things. Still, it came off as you trying to deflect away from finding the stringer with the "maybe the game doesn't end" thing, since they're most likely one of the remaining hostiles based on Wind's info.]]
[[ that was one of the possibilities i suggested, yeah, but i also posted a ton of other shit about the stringer. i was just trying to work out the situation we were in based on the information i have and my sense of the meta/game design, and was raising all the possible worlds that occurred to me in the hopes of starting conversation. if i actually believed the stringer was harmless i would be pushing people to hunt scum, not continuing to post constantly about the stringer and how to handle them. i think i have done more work trying to find the stringer than many people in the thread. -q ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[ that was one of the possibilities i suggested, yeah, but i also posted a ton of other shit about the stringer. i was just trying to work out the situation we were in based on the information i have and my sense of the meta/game design, and was raising all the possible worlds that occurred to me in the hopes of starting conversation. if i actually believed the stringer was harmless i would be pushing people to hunt scum, not continuing to post constantly about the stringer and how to handle them. i think i have done more work trying to find the stringer than many people in the thread. -q ]]
[[Could you point to where? Because all I saw was you going off how busted it was after the fact.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[ i do not think voting out fray is wise. -q ]]
[[He's my only actual scumread besides Persephone but voting Persephone could make us instalose so why wouldn't I pick Fray? @_@]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...verdrive-mafia.1018/page-75#post-54477[[Could you point to where? Because all I saw was you going off how busted it was after the fact.]]
[[ theorizing potential stringers: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...-role-overdrive-mafia.1018/page-75#post-54477
suggesting a plan for subduing stringer: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...-role-overdrive-mafia.1018/page-75#post-54483
evaluating whether stringer is a mafia member: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...-role-overdrive-mafia.1018/page-76#post-54500
suggesting the stringer and the beast might be the same: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...-role-overdrive-mafia.1018/page-77#post-54515

not sure what else you want from me here really, i think if your takeaway from my posting is that i definitely don't want anyone to think the stringer is bad then you have to ignore the majority of my posting on the subject.

i hope you are sure enough about me being the stringer that you are willing to lose the game if you're wrong, because you are, and that is what will happen if you get your way tbh! -q ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I see, thanks. Even still, I'm just doing my best to follow a lead here, so yeah I need to have some confidence in my predictions here. Third-parties are scary and it's hard to guess who's one if there's nothing incriminating them right off the bat. My only other guesses here are Sind and Pers.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[wait doesn't voting off Persephone put us right back in parity with the Stringer bc if they are a lover we lose the other half of the pair too? Idk honestly, I'd have better luck at figuring this out if I just threw a dart at the board while blindfolded.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Well, presumably if Persephone is the stringer she's not going to win if we vote her out. If she isn't, then yeah, stringer almost definitely wins immediately.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[God I can't even read any more did someone actually vote for Persephone? I keep getting her mixed up with "Princess" ffs I give up. Good luck everyone.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[We're stuck on

- either we try to eliminate the stringer, who would almost definitely not be strung themselves (unless they faked it to not attract suspicion, I guess); if we are wrong, we immediately lose
- or we play it safe and eliminate someone who has been strung, who is almost certainly not the stringer but also will not cause us to instalose.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ sind and persephone are on my radar too. i think it's too risky to try going for the stringer today unless some kind of bombshell drops, though. if we are wrong, we lose, and i'm not confident in anyone enough to make that gamble. ]]

[[He's my only actual scumread besides Persephone but voting Persephone could make us instalose so why wouldn't I pick Fray? @_@]]
[[ i'm just completely positive fray is town. you can take that or leave it based on your read of me. if fray somehow flips red, you have full permission to vote me out with prejudice. but for the time being if we're going to vote out a stringee, i would prefer it be someone who i think has even a shred of a chance of being non-town. i would feel like i'm playing badly to settle for anything less. it is tricky though because the options aren't great. i am not sold 100% on abra being town but i don't want to delete the possibility of skipping night. torchic is iffy for me as well but losing doctor would suck. pano is 3p so that's not the worst thing. i don't believe she's hostile and her power is useful but without knowing her win condition i feel like her death would be the lowest impact. free is locktown for me and starlight seems unwise.

i've kind of talked myself into this, so i guess i'm going to sit here for now:

vote: pano/sidney

sorry, nothing personnel kid. your play this game has been awesome but this just feels like the most correct move to me. -q ]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ no matter what if we vote out a stringee it's going to be a major L for town imo. but to me it seems like our best shot at not losing the game and if you take that for granted i think going for 3p makes sense. i'm going to be absolutely fucking kicking myself if starlight turns out to be lying. -q ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait do we know that Pano is TP?]]
[[ no matter what if we vote out a stringee it's going to be a major L for town imo. but to me it seems like our best shot at not losing the game and if you take that for granted i think going for 3p makes sense. i'm going to be absolutely fucking kicking myself if starlight turns out to be lying. -q ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait....hm quick question

@AbraPunk I know this was while yellow was in but can you give me a summary of your actions again?]]

Top Bottom