• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I guess this tells us as a backup plan that if we eliminate an arbitrary one of the stringees, and the mafia also goes for someone who's been strung in the night because they don't want the stringer to win either, we're presumably not about to immediately lose?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[It would also be easy to fake being strung to lend credence to your role claim tbh. Works both ways. Can’t automatically trust the people who have been strung.]]
[[Yeah, this is also true.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ you lost me at the mafia part—if the stringer is exactly at parity now then we only have to eliminate one stringee for that to no longer be the case, right? would the mafia have to kill one? -q ]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[I guess this tells us as a backup plan that if we eliminate an arbitrary one of the stringees, and the mafia also goes for someone who's been strung in the night because they don't want the stringer to win either, we're presumably not about to immediately lose?]]
[[ you lost me at the mafia part—if the stringer is exactly at parity now then we only have to eliminate one stringee for that to no longer be the case, right? would the mafia have to kill one? -q ]]
[["Maybe Dragonfree means it more like a guarantee to ensure that Stringer can't win no matter what? Cause I hate to say it but...if we take the safe route and vote out one of the stingees. Then mafia potentially targets a stringee to kill. then it leaves town with only 5 ppl strung instead of 7. but at the same time...if the stringer could get 4 ppl on D4 alone. then I'm worried for town and what this means for them D5. Since we don't know how many ppl the stringer can target on the 5th day? Possibly?"]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[ can you walk me through this read? i feel like people have been saying this on account of the summary posts and i'm just not seeing how that's alignment indicative one way or the other at all. -q ]]
[[Mostly just vibes. The summary posts aren't a big part of it, it's just the questions and comments and lines of thinking that didn't feel mafia to me. I don't remotely feel like I can trust vibes for TP though, which is why I kept sind as an option there.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[Mostly just vibes. The summary posts aren't a big part of it, it's just the questions and comments and lines of thinking that didn't feel mafia to me. I don't remotely feel like I can trust vibes for TP though, which is why I kept sind as an option there.]]
[[ makes sense, thanks. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I'm leaning toward Kekoa, but the main thing that worries me is the fact that he doesn't have strings. If we vote him out, will the stringer get the percentage they need and just... win? If we skip the night, could we prevent that?"
[[I kinda of agree with this except my greatest fear is the off chance they're not lying? We could lose two town? But then we could nab scum?

Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon] - Unlikely to be the stringer, hasn’t been paying any attention. Confirmed non-beast.
Fray (Froslass) [ShiniGojira] - No, I’m still not letting this go
I can definitely see an arguement for Espy. its hard to say, we don't want to risk losing more town but then they're not around so its hard too.
Might be mafia?

I'd be interested to hear more about Fray. I didn't get any scummy vibes from them but then again... Maybe....

Also I want to know why Perse voted me? Or maybe its a joke? Maybe I'll toss around votes for fun too.

Anyways more broadly, :/// I don't want to die, generally speaking, but I don't feel like I know how to use my power right. My hope is if we can arrange to try to vote someone, block someone, shoot someone, even if blossom dies I'll be able to ask her a question. Its the only vaguely helpful think I can even think of doing.

Also Chibi has coasted on 'town vibes' and while I generally do think they feel town, given how late in the game we are I am more and more terrified about stealthscum or tp's. WHo??? WHo??? Inke??? Free???????????

I'm not exactly seriously suggesting them I'm just wondering. Between this stringer and beast... if they're somehow not the same (unless Stringer/Beast are the same ?? Dark Matter???) then.... idk this whole situation is really weird and borked.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["...shit I can't stay online like I had hoped and I gotta go do some rl stuff. so at this point I'm sorry to do this but in case I'm not back. This is really no hard feelings starlight. So much as by this point I think voting for Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] isn't ideal if they're not strung. and we know who is and who isn't strung. so Vote: Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]. And if urgent care doesn't damn well hold me hostage I'll try and be back online before 5pm in case I need to log on and change this."]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay I’d thought that I was voting for the only person to press for mass claim but now I am not sure that was what I did and I am ready to admit that I have no idea what I’m doing.]]
[[But I didn't really press for it? I discussed it loosely at best when it was brought up and said I wasn't opposed to it but thats not at all the same as pressing for it?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Mostly I was thinking if the mafia were to go on to eliminate someone who was not strung, we'd be back in pretty immediate danger territory.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay as much as I’ve been vouching for Blossomleaf, voting the cop is bad vibes and I’m not even sure we have a third third party. Feels excessive. Plus the remaining doubt over the tracker report yesterday…

Voting: Blossomleaf]]
[[Lol wait what? Why? They're the least likely to be lying.

I feel like... idk Fray or Sind or something might be more likely. Or is this a revenge vote?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Mostly I was thinking if the mafia were to go on to eliminate someone who was not strung, we'd be back in pretty immediate danger territory.]]
[[What a scrunkly situation]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[["...shit I can't stay online like I had hoped and I gotta go do some rl stuff. so at this point I'm sorry to do this but in case I'm not back. This is really no hard feelings starlight. So much as by this point I think voting for Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] isn't ideal if they're not strung. and we know who is and who isn't strung. so Vote: Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]. And if urgent care doesn't damn well hold me hostage I'll try and be back online before 5pm in case I need to log on and change this."]]
[[Wtf please do not vote for the cop, quoting this so you get pinged and can change it]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[It's morning, time to check the thread and get out some of the ideas I had last night--
>10 pages
Welp.

So that happened and that's definitely concerning. It's very obvious from this that the strings are tied to roleclaims so first off, I highly, highly recommend that we stop claiming until we can be certain that this stringer is gone, otherwise it's free real estate.

I'm now heavily squinting at Q now though, first off with the mass claim but also the idea that the stringer might not be totes bad, you guys. Has them as my leading suspect in terms of who this stringer is. I'm also not liking Pers' posting all that much (claim feels easily fabricated as a "get off me" move, vote on Blossom has me squinting now), but they're not the priority here.

Second, with now two Third-parties that are bouncing around, threatening to take over the game, I highly, highly recommend skipping this night phase. We get rid of our biggest suspect today for the stringer and the Beast won't be able to kill anyone just yet, so we can hopefully get a leg up on them as well.

I'm also not a fan off just randomly voting out/letting Mafia kill a random stringed player because given the amount of people stringed today (like, holy shit :sweats:), who's to say that we won't reach this exact state or get beyond parity on D5 (since we're currently at what? 7/16). Our best course of action is to vote them out; all that does is give anti-town the advantage. And stop throwing votes everywhere. This is not how we win.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit