• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Yeah. Blossom was my original target for my tracking.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[No, no, wouldn't Bench have seen Blossom not himself since Blossom was his target if the swap went through?]]
"I... just realized I heard that wrong, yeah," Ajia said, rubbing the back of her head. "Arctozolt should have seen..." She frowned. "Wait... okay, I need to sort this out:"

- Sidney swaps Nanu and Arctozolt.
- Arctozolt targets Nanu, actually targets themself. Tracks themself to... themself
- Nanu inspects Arctozolt, actually inspects themself.

"I think this makes sense?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[So what I'm understanding from this is that Blossom inspected Pano and Starlight, and then inspected herself because of Pano's swapping.

Bench tracked Blossom but was swapped into themselves. Is that right?]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
View attachment 2378"That's me, man. That's on me. I owe you an apology. I thought that maybe, since your info said the beast was also hunting you, they could go after you in the night now that you outed yourself, and I wanted you to be able to perform one last investigation. I didn't think you'd pick the Arctozolt as an investigation target, though..."

View attachment 2379"That's why I'm fessin' up though. You aren't a bad guy here, and I don't want people gettin' the wrong idea."
"...Huh. well that explains at least what happened with the botched 3rd investigation." Nanu looked over at Sidney surprised by this reveal. "But nah...if anything I like when things are at least clarified so I can understand what happened. And I appreciate the added protection you tried to give anyway. Cause at least we now have a valid explanation. And it happens man. It's not like we can read people's mind to know what they'll do for certain." Nanu reassured Sidney with a tentative smile. To show that there's no hard feelings from him or his Chatot who chimed in agreement.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I still don't know how the fuck I picked two people that were already intending to target each other. I can't say "what are the odds" after the fuckin N1 swap became a scum kill on themselves, but here we are. Anyone need lottery numbers?? ffs]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Thank you for being patient with me jumping the gun.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"So yeah, technically Arctozolt never saw Nanu at all, so we should consider all this as totally separate from the question of whether or not Nanu can be trusted. Also, this should be a reminder that we need to keep in mind that swaps can and will screw with our information. At least, now that we know Sidney is a swapper, we can cross-reference what he knows with what Arctozolt knows. (Er... assuming he's innocent.) But there also could be other swaps as well."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[which, btw, my partner calculated the odds for my N1 swap. 1/380 chance of that happening. So yeah, you can see why poopoo-ing a 1/4 chance ruffled my feathers a bit lol]]

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
I can't say "what are the odds" after the fuckin N1 swap became a scum kill on themselves, but here we are.
[[Wasn't that N2 not N1? Equital died on D2 and Jackie died on D3.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"So yeah, technically Arctozolt never saw Nanu at all, so we should consider all this as totally separate from the question of whether or not Nanu can be trusted. Also, this should be a reminder that we need to keep in mind that swaps can and will screw with our information. At least, now that we know Sidney is a swapper, we can cross-reference what he knows with what Arctozolt knows. (Er... assuming he's innocent.) But there also could be other swaps as well."
neutral frown_front.png"If you're lookin' for answers, I can at least tell you I didn't use my powers on the first night. First, because I wanted to see if there were any other swapping powers in play. And second, well, I needed information, too. Can't have unreliable information right out of the gate."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Wasn't that N2 not N1? Equital died on D2 and Jackie died on D3.]]
[[Oops, sorry yeah, whatever day Jackie died. Not starting with a Night phase is messing with my counting ability, sorry]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Wait a minute, this gives a whole new meaning to what I found out N2!]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yeah, okay. I'm done dancing around the point. I'm genuinely baffled that everyone seems to put credence in Blossom's claim--a claim that was a total trainwreck from start to finish yet it's totally fine to put scrutiny on Shini and Yellow (now Abra) despite having claims that are way more believable. Shini is more understandable because of Jackie, but Abra? Why was it okay to sus them out for Yellow's claim but questioning Blossom's claim is weird? I'm willing to hear others out here, since I don't want to be the dumbass who tunnels and ends up being completely wrong (a common staple for town!Inke), so @IFBench could you perhaps clarify what Blossom meant by this?

I would greatly appreciate some clarity here, and I do not like being accused of being potentially TP for finding a claim and the manner in which it was claimed suspicious.
[[I'm not sure anyone was suspicious of Yellow for her claim? Were they? I feel like I'm the main person who's been pushing suspicion of Yellow and none of that has been because of finding anything shifty about her claim. The only reason I have any doubts about the claim there is that I was suspicious of Yellow for other reasons, which would mean the nightskip power would have to be a lie (either that or Namo's doing some really strange things with this setup).

Anyway, the reason I believed Blossom's claim was that it was weird in a way I think mafia would be highly unlikely to make up spontaneously out of thin air. I also found the manner in which Blossom was vague and evasive to not seem agenda-driven at all - rather, Blossom just seems to generally not speak very clearly a lot of the time (sorry, Blossom). Nothing about the vagueness seemed very deliberate or like an actual attempt to get out of having to say more, as far as I could tell (that would have probably involved some kind of attempt to maintain there's a reason she doesn't think she should say more, rather than just repeatedly saying only a little) - it just looked like an exchange where people have trouble communicating with each other. All in all it just screamed earnest confusion to me. I did find it a stretch for you to actually be the third party - your play has been extremely towny - but it was a thought I had because probably the actual Beast would be highly motivated to get rid of Blossom, and your determination she was lying fitted the bill enough for me to suggest she check.

Either way, things sure happened while I was typing this. It soooounds like we have multiple independent verifications that Pano's swap happened, and in that case Bench's result unfortunately says nothing about Blossom.

Bench, are any of your previous results at all noteworthy?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia clapped her paws together. "Wait--you're the one who swapped the kill onto Laura, then! That makes me really confident that you're not mafia!"

[[Think about it! If Sidney were a mafia bus driver, taking credit for the swap would be just asking to get counterclaimed by a hypothetical town bus driver/deflector/redirector who was actually responsible for the kill landing on her!]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[On Night 2, I tracked Yellow. I saw her interacting with Tetra.]]

[[But now that I know that me and Jackie were swapped that night, it means Jackie interacted with Tetra that night, if I'm understanding things correctly.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[which, btw, my partner calculated the odds for my N1 swap. 1/380 chance of that happening. So yeah, you can see why poopoo-ing a 1/4 chance ruffled my feathers a bit lol]]
[["omg. You know not going to lie I am laughing a little bit at how Bench and I picked each other to track and investigate. While not knowing Pano swapped us. So if this is true then dammmnnn what are the odds indeed. But this is hilarious. and ohh okay. I'm going to read the newest posts and updates then in the meantime. all joking and laughs aside cause hmm."]]

Anyway, the reason I believed Blossom's claim was that it was weird in a way I think mafia would be highly unlikely to make up spontaneously out of thin air. I also found the manner in which Blossom was vague and evasive to not seem agenda-driven at all - rather, Blossom just seems to generally not speak very clearly a lot of the time (sorry, Blossom). Nothing about the vagueness seemed very deliberate or like an actual attempt to get out of having to say more, as far as I could tell (that would have probably involved some kind of attempt to maintain there's a reason she doesn't think she should say more, rather than just repeatedly saying only a little) - it just looked like an exchange where people have trouble communicating with each other. All in all it just screamed earnest confusion to me. I did find it a stretch for you to actually be the third party - your play has been extremely towny - but it was a thought I had because probably the actual Beast would be highly motivated to get rid of Blossom, and your determination she was lying fitted the bill enough for me to suggest she check.

Either way, things sure happened while I was typing this. It soooounds like we have multiple independent verifications that Pano's swap happened, and in that case Bench's result unfortunately says nothing about Blossom.

Bench, are any of your previous results at all noteworthy?]]
[["And it's fine Dragonfree. I don't take offense to this cause someone else pointed out that I also don't speak clearly during this game. Which is my bad and on me for just being...bad at mafia I guess and learning as the day and night cycles go further into the game. But either way. I'm just happy that I now know why bench had...weird results in my investigation. and um. sorry yours didn't pan out as well I guess Bench. But if I'm not getting voted out then feel free to target me again? cause honestly I'm just going to do the same thing I did during the next night which is investigate more ppl. since the odds of me finding the beast before N4 (according to my fiancé's probability was VERY LOW and not stacked in my favor. so I should have honestly listened to him in hindsight instead of letting my frustration get the better of me during the game."]]

Top Bottom