• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ for me, the biggest mark (heh) against blu so far is that i don't think his power really makes sense as town? that doesn't carry enough weight for a vote, imo, but it is weird. the marks seem probably advantageous to town so far, right? i guess it's hard to call before we know more about them generally, but removing marks seems like something that would help scum more than town, and maybe that's why he didn't just come forward and fully divulge his power... but², at the same time, no one knew wtf marks were at the time. idk. -q ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[But neither Bench nor Blossom claimed to receive any boons or benefits, which is the thing that makes me :thonk: the most. From what I've gathered, each ability that affects a player mechanically in some way has a clear tell to it (Dread notification, diamond mark, whatever those Strings are), so I find it odd that this one apparently doesn't. I'll wait on more info to crop up before I harp on this again, however. I think we should make like Chibi and decide who Jackie's scum buddies might be based on how D2 played out.]]
[[I agree, it is odd. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Blu's power not being able to prevent Seren's power's mark when they both seem beneficial to a player? Why would a protective power be formulated specifically to oppose another protective power? Then again, if it's truly a latent negative power, why call attention to the existence of a negative faction that uses stealthy marks in the first place? Or even offer up their power so readily and almost unprompted? I'd agree if Blu isn't town, then TP for sure. I'm not sure how they can be scum at this point.

I'm actually inclined to keep an eye out on players' reactions to Jackie's elimination. There's no way the scum team could anticipate losing their own member overnight. That would probably throw whatever plan they might have discussed out the window.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I’m not in a good headspace for this. I’m really sorry for getting snippy. I don’t have the energy to read through the thread and I can’t promise that I will before EOD. All I can say is that I am town, and it looks like Jackie was shadowing behind me to use me as a scapegoat of sorts. Though tbh if y’all want to lynch me I probably wouldn’t complain at this point, because so far all I’ve done is make an idiot out of myself and piss people off in this game. So yeah. I’m very tired and very drained and feeling extremely useless. Don’t have it in me to craft an elaborate defense post. Vote for me if you want I guess.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
bruh_front.png"Oi, you sure are noisy today," said Sidney, looking bored as the guardian stone prattled away from where it sat pinned neatly to the brim of his hat. It had been going on for the better part of the last hour about theories and strings and deflections and all kinds of things Sidney was sure were in the rulebook somewhere if he could be arsed to look through it. Except he couldn't. Not in this heat. This glorious, glorious heat.

With a contented sigh, Sidney sunk his feet into the sand, relishing first in the warmth, then the cool sensation when he dug deep enough. The rest of him perfectly comfortable in the shade of his hat. Yeah, this was way better than a kooky carnival. Though... Seems as if the carnival followed them here to this desert, and they were the carnival.

neutral frown_front.png"I bet you're gettin' a real kick out of this, aren't you?" he said, directed again at their host. They stood out like a sore thumb, dark color against the bright sunlit landscape. It made everything feel all the more surreal.

Sidney sighed again, settling further into the sand as the sun sizzled down from overhead. The day was a long way from over, especially now that things had gotten so interesting.

heh_front.png"Well, I'll be here waitin' for the Kirlia and the Snivy to come back with what they have to say. Until then, lemme soak up some sun. Have fun listening to my guardian." He paused, listening, but was greeted with silence. "Oh, you're finally done? Ha, for now anyway. Alright, we're both gonna take a break, then. I could use a good nap."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ajia bit her lip. "I thought about this. But I don't think it was Laura's guardian not wanting to look bad. And my Guardian has some reasons why."

[[Jackie was extremely tired and sick. The vote situation was a mess. I was very insistent on voting Shini, and Dragonfree was side-eyeing him too. It would have been so, so easy for Jackie to just go "I trust them, listen to them" like Jackie has done every time they were town and also townreading me. One time, they were so tired they tried to convince the GM to let me cast their vote. It would be the easiest thing in the world to just go "sure I trust Chibi" and then whoops! Got a townie killed. It wouldn't have looked bad on them in the slightest. But no. Jackie was so hesitant they got me and Dragonfree to re-evaluate. I don't like it.]]

vote: Fray [Shini]
[[I actually also want to elaborate/ask for clarification.

Shini was actually the first to sus Jackie I believe, and continued to mention their sus of Jackie, and their behaviour feels weird for being scum.

unless this was preplanned that Shini could sus Jackie if things go cagey?

But it seems odd overall.

Other than that I still dont have anything to add.

I don't think Yellow is scum. Maybe im wrong ofc.

Anyways Im still waiting for everyone else to come with their 'biggo reveals' so have good night everyone! rest and relaxs pls]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Uggh I cannot think of a way to make my point clear and keep my role obscured without painting a target on my back anyways, so I'm going to just going to come out and say it. I will not be sharing my patron, for a couple of reasons. One is to see if I get stringed from my role, as opposed to my patron. The other reason I will be keeping private. ]]

Shimmer was not feeling good about her plays. What kind of leader just sat back and let others do the work for them. Perhaps this was her chance to step up, though. "Okay, listen up everyone! I am an oracle. Each night, Darkwhite allows me to ask her a question about the game's setup. On the first night, I asked how many mafia and hostile third party roles were in the game, combined. Darkwhite told me there was seven, and specified that hostile, in this case, means that they win if town loses."

She crossed her arms, putting on a pouty face. "Darkwhite seemed pretty excited about the chaos some of those roles would cause, just as an fyi." Waving a hand dismissively, she continued. "An-y-ways, last night, I asked specifically asked Darkwhite 'is there a non-hostile role that prevents marks from being placed on a player by voting for that player?' Her answer? nope!"

Glancing towards the mighteyna, she added. "Dave here more or less covered my thoughts. I do not think that sans is part of the mafia. Based on the way I asked my question, however, I know sans lied about his role. I have a sneaking suspicion that sans really is one of these cult leaders, and I disagree with the cacturne's reasoning that just because he was the first one to speculate on multiple cult leaders, it makes him unlikely to be a cult leader himself. Additionally, if he is a cult leader, I don't know whether it's better to vote him out fast, or if we can can deal with him later." Using her psychic powers, she waved one of the rulebooks around before hurling it into the center of the group. "According to the book, in some cult variants, if a cult leader dies, all the followers die as well."

She turned her attention next to Puck. "As for the current discussion, I'll be honest, something the, uh, that thing --" she gestured to Arctozolt "-- said makes me very hesitant to vote for Puck. I will not spell it out, but I suggest considering whether he's the best choice. I am not... super enthused with the Fray wagon, but if the vote came down between the two of them, I would vote for Fray over Puck. As for my reads as a whole... I'll let my guardian take care of that."

[[I'll come back for deeper reads and explanations later tonight, but for now, let me divide it up, very loosely in order

Confirmed Town by death flip
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]

Strong Town
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Soft Town
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]

Null
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Mild Sus
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]

Major Sus
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Confirmed Mafia
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well at least we know how many scum there are, roughly.... Cool. I at least believe that I think

Too tired to do anything else tonight frankly.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[What are the chances Jackie didn't actually get Yellow's power and was bluffing? Jackie never gave any indication of what the power was, how it manifested, etc.
Ajia shook her head. "That would have been an incredibly dangerous bluff. What if Puck had asked Laura to describe the power, to confirm it? The lie would have fallen through instantly. I think, if Puck is town, then Laura really did receive the power. Of course, if they were both mafia, then the whole thing would have been for show."

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[But neither Bench nor Blossom claimed to receive any boons or benefits, which is the thing that makes me :thonk: the most. From what I've gathered, each ability that affects a player mechanically in some way has a clear tell to it (Dread notification, diamond mark, whatever those Strings are), so I find it odd that this one apparently doesn't. I'll wait on more info to crop up before I harp on this again, however. I think we should make like Chibi and decide who Jackie's scum buddies might be based on how D2 played out.]]
[[well it's that and the fact that neither Bench nor I have heard anything from Namo regarding how Bluwii's powers work]]

Because of how supposedly bluwii claimed that his mark is meant to protect against cults? But at the same time with how inactive Bluwii's been. I'm inclined to feel like we've been set up. Because there's no definitive proof as to what Bluwii powers do tbh"]]

"And if you're calmer chatot then how about revealing that tidbit from earlier hm?" Nanu suggested.

[[which caused his guardian stone to grimace in discomfort]]* Ah...well theoretically I don't know if revealing that stuff now is a good idea per say...

"But?"

"...but at the same time we're in windskull's position where we don't have much else to work with. So with that said...what I can reveal is that I have an investigative role that only works during the night phases. As of right now I investigated most of the inactive players thinking i'd get a good hunch until it resulted in a pointless search of nothing. After I looked into Persephone(she/her): Kekoa / Skitty (CLEAR) Kyeugh and Mewtini(She/her): Princess / Skiddo (CLEAR) Sparkling Espeon(she/her): Tricky / Fennekin (CLEAR)

"And what is more curious right now is how I believe Shini or someone else might be claiming a role that I have? But then again with how little I know for the roles in this game, Shini could just be making honest mistakes. and at this point my only concern for voting bluwii out is that in some cult variants, if a cult leader dies, all the followers die as well.

Which I'm NOT looking to have happen respectfully. so hence why I want bluwii to live? but at the same time if this is the sword I'm going to die on then so be it. because having a mafia bluwii sounds terrible ngl.. so that's about it and that's the info I'm willing to share. cause it's all i got rn.

[[Uggh I cannot think of a way to make my point clear and keep my role obscured without painting a target on my back anyways, so I'm going to just going to come out and say it. I will not be sharing my patron, for a couple of reasons. One is to see if I get stringed from my role, as opposed to my patron. The other reason I will be keeping private. ]]

Shimmer was not feeling good about her plays. What kind of leader just sat back and let others do the work for them. Perhaps this was her chance to step up, though. "Okay, listen up everyone! I am an oracle. Each night, Darkwhite allows me to ask her a question about the game's setup. On the first night, I asked how many mafia and hostile third party roles were in the game, combined. Darkwhite told me there was seven, and specified that hostile, in this case, means that they win if town loses."

She crossed her arms, putting on a pouty face. "Darkwhite seemed pretty excited about the chaos some of those roles would cause, just as an fyi." Waving a hand dismissively, she continued. "An-y-ways, last night, I asked specifically asked Darkwhite 'is there a non-hostile role that prevents marks from being placed on a player by voting for that player?' Her answer? nope!"

Glancing towards the mighteyna, she added. "Dave here more or less covered my thoughts. I do not think that sans is part of the mafia. Based on the way I asked my question, however, I know sans lied about his role. I have a sneaking suspicion that sans really is one of these cult leaders, and I disagree with the cacturne's reasoning that just because he was the first one to speculate on multiple cult leaders, it makes him unlikely to be a cult leader himself. Additionally, if he is a cult leader, I don't know whether it's better to vote him out fast, or if we can can deal with him later." Using her psychic powers, she waved one of the rulebooks around before hurling it into the center of the group. "According to the book, in some cult variants, if a cult leader dies, all the followers die as well."

She turned her attention next to Puck. "As for the current discussion, I'll be honest, something the, uh, that thing --" she gestured to Arctozolt "-- said makes me very hesitant to vote for Puck. I will not spell it out, but I suggest considering whether he's the best choice. I am not... super enthused with the Fray wagon, but if the vote came down between the two of them, I would vote for Fray over Puck. As for my reads as a whole... I'll let my guardian take care of that."

[[I'll come back for deeper reads and explanations later tonight, but for now, let me divide it up, very loosely in order

Strong Town
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Soft Town
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]

Null
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Mild Sus
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]

Major Sus
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Confirmed Mafia
]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
So with that said...what I can reveal is that I have an investigative role that only works during the night phases. As of right now I investigated most of the inactive players thinking i'd get a good hunch until it resulted in a pointless search of nothing. After I looked into Persephone(she/her): Kekoa / Skitty (CLEAR) Kyeugh and Mewtini(She/her): Princess / Skiddo (CLEAR) Sparkling Espeon(she/her): Tricky / Fennekin (CLEAR)
[[ are you claiming cop with town results on persephone, me, and espy? ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia put a paw to her forehead. "Okay, I'm starting to regret comparing the strings to a cult. Because now everyone is throwing around random theories about sans's vote power recruiting into a different cult, and..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "If we're going off the rulebook, then cultists are also supposed to lose their old powers." She gave Nanu's guardian stone a pointed look. "Wouldn't you have noticed if that had happened?"

"Point is, we can't expect things to be identical to the rulebook when such weird and unique powers are involved--I don't think we have any reason to think that eliminating sans will get rid of Nanu or Arctozolt."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Got distracted and didn't have as much time to review thread. Going to share as much of my thoughts as I can.]]

Strong Town
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree] - Play has felt consistently towny (yes, I know free is good stealth scum)
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] - I don't think I've played a game with Town!Inke, but compared to previous games I've played with her, she feels much more town oriented, keeping people on task, picking out inconsistencies

Soft Town
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika] - Has regularly been introducing theories and picking apart inconsistencies. Feels like they're trying to solve the game.
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] - I was a little iffy on her at first due to the initial reason she was casting suspicion on
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] - The way Seren revealed his role felt like a town move. So long as his claim is truthful, I have no reason to doubt him being town.
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - I was initially suspicous because Q's play felt a little off compared to previous games I' played with her, but I feel like that might have been related to hydra play. How last night played out changes my mind slightly.
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17] - for reasons outlined in previous post. Soft towniness is heavily dependent on whether or not my hunch is correct.
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] - play and gambit lines up with previous town play.
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] - Moved up due to recent claim.

Null

Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] - Posts today feel better.
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] - Compared to other active players, her posts have felt a little bit like content without contributing. Feel like I need to go back and do a full read.
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic] - I kind of feel like Sind makes a good point. Not entirely convinced

Mild Sus
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira] - - It's hard for me to compare games due to my view being skewed due to being on the Mafia side in the previous game, but the discussion regarding Fray and uA does have me squinting at them.
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] - Has felt kind of out of the loop but I know she was away for a while. Also if blossom is to be believed, is innocent. Not comfortable voting for her.
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] - Similar feelings to my thoughts on Starlight, but rated lower due to statements on sans. I'd have to go back and do a full read.

Major Sus
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon] - definitely lied about their role at best

Confirmed Mafia

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"hey guys i just woke up," said sans, blinking sleepily and brushing some sand off his fur. "did i miss anything?"

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"jokes aside, i will try my best to respond to uh. the everything," he said, looking around at everyone. "just gimme a hot minute. or, a lukewarm minute. whatever your temperature preferences may be."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Ooookay, here we go. Before today's catch-up, I want to address something I've been considering very heavily. Please keep in mind that I only have the tiniest sliver of info regarding anything that happened today (meaning since thread re-opened again roughly 8 hours ago), and all of what I do have was learned very hastily during my half-hour lunch break in which I was posting earlier, so everything in this post is essentially void of info from page like. 42 onwards. I will address and correct things as necessary as I resume catch-up, but for now, I just want to get this out there for people to discuss. I'm going to line up several post quotes in a row to clarify my thoughts since they all relate to the same topic. I had this thought at the tail end of D2, and I spent a large portion of Saturday night/Sunday morning forming this into a coherent thought. Bear with me for today’s first incoming longpost.

[[Oh, hang on. Delayed activation roles aren't in the list of nopes. That was a big feature of Second Anni. Could be the deaths will escalate?]]
"Um, guys? I think the Slakoth is being truthful. I don't want to vote for him. Because I think he's right, about the cults I mean. And yeah, that's plural for a reason."

"The way my card is worded, in one of my abilities it uses the term "factions". That's... What's the word? I dunno, the Boss is the big word using guy."
"Oh yeah, that's it. Binary. It's not "town" and "Mafia" but "factions". All these marks flying around, and people claiming to protect or cure them. And only one kill a night. I think the game involves tagging people and making them part of your team, and then at some point, one team gets big enough and wins. And all these teams don't know how many other teams they're competing against."
Dave paced a rough, agitated circle on the ground. "Okay. This actually kind of ties into something else I was wondering about, which is why would an ability that cures something leave a mark? Something visible during the next day? Snivy even clarified that it doesn't apply some permanent protection that lasts until the next night or anything. So why would that even be a thing? The mark being 'recruitment' into some kind of faction would explain that, I guess." He looked at Snivy. "Have you got any insight on why your power would leave a visible mark? It sure doesn't seem like anyone else's power has been doing that so far."
"So far that makes sense, at least for any sort of affliction status. Dread, Strings, and whatever the Alolan Meowth got from the Quagsire last night. They were all announced to the player.

On the other hand, protection seems to be more obscure. The diamond being the biggest source of confusion. Sure it became an actual mark, but Delcatty wasn't informed about what it was even called, unlike the other statuses. And then the Slakoth's power, again is more stealthy, probably to prevent those who can protect from being targeted themselves."
[[I may be asleep before EOD, so I'm going to lock in a protective vote now just in case I'm not here!]]

vote: Nanu/Blossomleaf

[[I like Nanu's solvyness and the questions he's been asking, feels pro-town to me so far. ^^ Good vibes!]]
She glared at the slakoth. "I still do not trust him. I don't understand why it took him so long to clarify anything about his role... Wait." Mademoiselle looked at the snivy, then back at the slakoth.
Wouldn't that mean that the snivy is the one capable of curing whatever the slakoth inflicts on others?"
"Snivy, I know you're always tied in with the Slakoth in the discussion of your powers. Do you have any reasons why you don't trust anything the Slakoth had said?
Do you think you both have protection powers? I still can't understand why the Slakoth would bring up cults if they themselves were a cult leader. Can someone explain this to me?"

Okay, obviously, all of the above posts relate to the same topic: sans/Bluwii’s role. Here’s what we’ve come up with. I’ll interject with some outsider thoughts, but for now… Kimiko, if you please. ]]

The snivy nodded as she addressed the gathered. “Sans/Bluwii is not a cult leader. He's an arsonist." She held out her leafy hands in front of her to stop anyone from interrupting. "I know, I know. My guardian fucked this up HARD in a previous game [[second anniversary]], but hear us out, alright? Arsonist!sans would explain why mafia tried to set him up as a red herring, and yet no one came to his defense – he’s not actually mafia, so they had no reason to defend him, and he already had people side-eyeing him, so he was an easy target. Being third party is also why he had no one else coming to his defense either, and yet the linoone did. Most everyone else was already busy questioning his lack of clarity at this point, and it was because of that lack of clarity that he hadn’t made any friends to that point.”

She held up a leafy hand, sticking up a finger. “First of all, what got us started on this line of thinking was that I suspected Puck/ Yellow might have been an arsonist. My role makes it pretty clear that we do have one somewhere, as I'm pretty sure cultist stings are not something I can cure, although... I'll ask about this one later. Puck/Yellow claims to have targeted Laura/Jackie. She also claims to be unblockable, but that her target can (possibly) be swapped/redirected, based on the fact that it wasn’t addressed in her role PM; this tracks with an arsonist. Laura/Jackie later confirms that she was targeted by something. I can see the misplay/misdirection of Puck/Yellow thinking their prime might have been swapped, and for whatever reason, left a visible mark on the person it got swapped to (Ajia/Chibi).”

She turned her attention to Puck. “There’s a few flaws in this reasoning, however, and remember, these are before today when Puck/Yellow claimed what their role supposedly can do; firstly, [[according to the wiki]], the person who is primed does not know it. So unless that’s been changed for this game [[which I assume to not be the case due to the “no hidden abilities/lying GM” rule in effect]], there’s no reason for Laura/Jackie to know that Yellow had primed them - and also why I don't think I can cure cultist strings. Secondly, as far as I can tell, the name of the status effect that my power cures has nothing to do with the patron that Yellow claims to have, so from a lore perspective I can’t imagine how it would make sense for mine to counter hers.” [[I’ve been debating whether or not to reveal the name of the status I can cure, but at this point I’m glad I haven’t, as it’s given me a small advantage right here; no one can pretend to know what I can cure and thus lie about their own patron accordingly.]] “I’m still not entirely sure how Puck/Yellow connected this specific diamond-shaped mark to her ability/patron before assuming it was the work of another player, but that’s another topic.”

“Anyway, with that dead end, the topic of conversation had shifted to sans/Bluwii, and I got to thinking about all the questions surrounding them and their ability. Supposedly, it leaves an invisible mark on someone, and they have no idea what it does nor do they know they’re even marked. This also tracks with an arsonist. The difference here is, I believe Bluwii is being honest about having to vote in order to prime someone. We know for a fact that a vote-activated, negative utility power is a thing right off the bat thanks to Dave’s dread and miller ability. Sans/Bluwii would have to have found a reason to justify why he’s casting seemingly questionable votes. Saying he has a different vote-activated negative utility power, but lying about what it does, is a logical way of going about this. The catch, however, lies in the fact that he stated his mark can’t protect against another specific type of mark – the one of the patron that he suspects I have. But as was pointed out, my mark is also one of protection. Why would one protection mark be ineffective against… another protection mark? It makes absolutely no sense, unless his marks are the ones I can cure.

“As a reminder of my ability; A few people, myself included, have speculated that it sounds very similar to a firefighter. Someone leaves a status on others, that my ability can cure (among other things). Bluwii claims his power causes a mark that leaves no trace, and the person who gets it has no idea they’re even marked (at least, that’s the idea – with Bluwii having to spill his role, he had to make it something that we’d believe while still being able to perform it without drawing unwanted attention). This lines up with how an arsonist’s role works. Also the fact that the people getting strings are different than the people sans/Bluwii has voted for implies that they're not connected. Why would his power protect from marks, only for another ability of his to... mark people with strings? He specifically says people he targets don't know they've been targeted, yet the strings are visible to anyone who gets them?“

“Now, due to some confusion over patrons with Puck/Yellow’s false swapping debacle, Bluwii claims his marks don’t work on one specific patron’s effects, and he thinks that one is mine. Given that mine can cure something, and his won’t interact with them (or, well, mine will override his, in a way), it’s logical to assume that ‘s because Bluwii’s invisible marks are arsonist primes, while my marks are removing those primes.” She turned and looked up into Sidney’s eyes as she added, “You asked why I think my marks are visible while others aren’t? I suspect they may be visible to all players to alert the arsonist in question who was targeted/cured so that they don’t think they have some and go to ignite and find that they only killed one instead of four players or something like that. I admit it’s not the best reasoning, but given that I wasn’t actually given a reason on my patron’s card, it’s the best explanation I’ve got. Call it my negative utility, I guess. Most every role revealed so far has had some negative utility to it, mine is that it gives away who I'm targeting every day. I will also reiterate [[because I know I've stated this several times]] that this light mark does have a secondary effect, however I currently have zero way to know whether or not it's doing anything so I'd rather not say what it is.”

She paused a moment before continuing, still looking up at the cacturne. “With that said, I don’t really believe Sidney/Pano’s suggestion that we have multiple cults vying for recruits. We have no other proof that multiple cults exist, at least as of yet. [[No second strings, etc.]] Furthermore, why would one recruitment method be visible to others/the person who got targeted, but not a different method? I can see why this might lead some people to believe my mark might be another recruitment ability, but I feel that my previous statements already defend themselves... but I’ll reiterate them here just so I’m laying all my cards on the table. My marks are not ‘cured’ to my knowledge. They vanish on their own, which was proven today." She paused and pointed towards Ajia. "It wouldn’t make sense for a protective ability to be ‘cured’. The strings have to be cured. Why wouldn’t there be consistency on how the roles work if they’re the same role just flavored differently?” [[We’re actually just assuming this; did Dave get any confirmation that his strings are something that can be removed somehow? I wouldn't imagine they're permanent, at least in the "they have to be removed" kind of way. Definitely sure they're permanent in a "these won't go away on their own like the light marks do" kind of way. ]]

She then turned her attention on the yveltal. “The fact that Mademoiselle /Inke already pointed some of this out [[specifically that Bluwii’s patron card is a direct opposite to my own, by Bluwii’s own admission]] makes me feel far more confident in myself, too, especially given that Inke is being read as town by numerous sources that I’ve been inclined to trust previously.” [[Side note to this: I know I’m very poor at posting my own readlists, but count Inke among my townreads. Not just for coming to a similar conclusion before me; this simply solidifies it for me.]]

Again, she shifted to look at Sidney, deep in thought as she carefully considered how to phrase the next part of her monologue. “You asked why I didn’t trust sans. I hope this clears it up. I don’t believe he’s a second cult leader, I believe he's an arsonist. I… admittedly have no idea what patron might be a counter to mine. My best guess would be perhaps lunala? They’re from the same, uh... "region", and… while it’s a little bit of a stretch, I can see a connection between lunala and the name of the arsonist ability. Either way, I don’t think their patron is relevant at this point, unless we’re worried about what other abilities the slakoth may possess. [[I’d also like to note something vaguely related at this point, in reply to Pano’s concern over what’s considered a faction: Town and Mafia can be described as two factions. Binary, yes, but still factions. Adding one or two more doesn’t change this fact. I don’t think this is an avenue worth attention. ]]

Her next target was Dave. “To address your concern that my own mark is a different type of cult recruitment… I don’t have any concrete way to prove it’s not. I know it’s not. I’ll reiterate that my marks only last for a single day, and vanish after that. Unless I’m mistaken, your strings won’t just go away, they need to be cured. It just… it doesn’t make sense to me as a recruitment method to be temporary. Note that Ajia’s light mark is now gone, and I’m willing to bet she can answer whether or not she’s changed factions. I suppose, if that's not proof enough... I can try targeting someone who has strings tonight, and see if they go away tomorrow? Which reminds me, those of you with strings, how were you informed? Was in more like "you have strings in your head"? Or was it more like "you're inflicted with X, which is..." ? Does this string effect have a name, that you know of? Because if anyone can tell me the name of the strings' affliction and it matches the one I can cure, then I can start doing that. And if it doesn't, or it doesn't have a name, well... chances are it's not the thing I can cure anyway, which backs up my claim of arsonist!sans rather than cult-leader!sans.

The snivy started pacing, as another thought came to her that she hadn't previously considered. "Fuck, if sans claims to be able to prevent against marks, I should have asked Dave/Free to target Nanu/Blossom last night. If Blossom got dread marks, we could have had a verified answer if sans/Bluwii is telling the truth! Fuuuuuck why didn't I think of that sooner...??"

[[ It's okay, calm down. I hadn't thought of that either. Go ahead, continue. ]]

Kimiko stopped pacing to stare at her guardian stone, then sighed. Her gaze jumped between Arctozolt and Nanu. “Right. One more thing to address regarding this topic, then: This suspicion I have is why I chose to mark Arctozolt/Bench last night. If my suspicion is accurate, they were primed by Bluwii’s first vote, and so I’m hoping to have cleared them.” [[In addition, Arctozolt/Bench had stated to have something to contribute today, and I’m hoping that I’m correct and was able to cure them.]]

“I will also point out, however, that somewhere in the confusion [[which I have quoted above]], sans/Bluwii has sneakily placed and then redacted [[?? Did he, actually? Will have to go back to confirm this, I can't recall ]] a vote on Nanu/Blossom seemingly out of nowhere. He defends this by saying he likes the questions they’ve been asking and they feel town to him, and that he voted for them in order to confer their “protective” invisible mark. Blossom/Nanu’s also a player who isn’t really high on many other player’s radars at the moment [[well, at least in terms of sus or town... they certainly got a fair bit of attention now, considering the back-and-forth this afternoon]], which means he likely wouldn't get much attention in the night. It also means he’s a good target to prep a kill on for later; My guess is that sans/Bluwii assumes the more juicy targets will be taken out before he has to bother wasting a prime/ignite on them [[such as the oft-targeted Ajia/Chibi or Dave/Free]], so he's planning now for the future kills with his targets.”

She signed, then cast a pleading look at the crowd. “Listen guys, I swear I’m on to something with this. It all fits! Please give me your thoughts and input. Have I missed/not answered/misinterpreted something?”

[[Well done, Kimiko. And you kept your cool the whole time, good job.

I have a couple of final thoughts on this topic, however:

In light of arsonist!sans, I’m slightly less wary of Yellow/Puck than I was before this epiphany, but she’s still highest of my scum suspect reads. She could be telling the truth, but she’s also proven to be a very skilled liar and could be entirely faking it, and the drawn-out confusion with my light mark doesn’t make me feel better about things. After combing through every page after D2, there wasn’t a single thing among anything she said that makes me feel better about her. Her defense amounted to little more than an “oops looks like I was wrong about the swap, sorry” and that was it, and goes on to discuss the rest of the drama going on. Her willingness to claim her patron and test the strings theory was bold, though, and her argument with Blossom over inactives felt genuine and town-y; if she were mafia, I don't think she'd have gone this hard on inactives. For any scumbuddy inactives, she'd just have all of scum-chat on their backs at night telling them to step the fuck up and start posting, and she wouldn't need to care that anyone else is quiet, so I don't think she'd have gone on that huge salty rant about it because for mafia!yellow, it would be largely irrelevant. I'll have to re-evaulate her posts from today after the day officially opened to get a better opinion.

I'm still unsure of why she would assume her power was connected to my diamond-shaped marking? (This was before I pointed out that the “light” part of the description was relevant.) Okay, so she can block someone and then they get to act twice. There's no hidden properties of your power in your role PM, so why would she assume it was hers if it wasn't stated to be an effect? I honestly feel she’s my highest scumread right now. In part due to this whole debacle, but admittedly also due to the lack of any other solid leads at this point (arsonist!sans not withstanding).

On the other hand, I’ll also reluctantly acknowledge the fact that I’ve scumread Yellow before and been incorrect about it.

Finally; I am 100% willing to put sans/Bluwii on the back burner if we agree that someone is very likely scum before end of day. It's pretty obvious that, whatever sans/Bluwii is up to with their power, that I can counter it, so I can keep them in check while we take down other actual scum, who are probably higher priority right now. That said, if we don't have any better options, I'm gunning for sans/Bluwii, and until/unless that changes, my vote will remain on them.

So… that’s it, I guess. Thoughts?

]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[Okay wow....I was so concerned that I missed some extra posts from Bluwii from EoD but THIS IS ALL THERE WAS......the same shit I saw before I went to nap.

There were so much sus being thrown at him that it's kind of frustrating to see this is all there was as response? I don't know. I really really don't like inactive players so I'm trying not to let a personal bias cloud my judgement here but HNGH, PLEASE, DEFEND YOURSELF MY LOVE.
"it could be that i just generally play things different," said sans. "-or, the boss plays things different." He gestures to the helpfully nosepass-patterned Guardian communication badge. "but i figured talking about my powers and stuff was an adequate defence. been staying away from outright arguments and clashes because life's too short, you know?" He shrugs and winks. "either way, my bad. just, uh. shout at this guy if you need me for anything urgent." He gestures again at the little nosepass Guardian badge.

Ajia put a paw to her forehead. "Okay, I'm starting to regret comparing the strings to a cult. Because now everyone is throwing around random theories about sans's vote power recruiting into a different cult, and..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "If we're going off the rulebook, then cultists are also supposed to lose their old powers." She gave Nanu's guardian stone a pointed look. "Wouldn't you have noticed if that had happened?"

"Point is, we can't expect things to be identical to the rulebook when such weird and unique powers are involved--I don't think we have any reason to think that eliminating sans will get rid of Nanu or Arctozolt."
"i mentioned it before, but folks who i vote for keep their powers and abilities. the arctozolt was able to do their thing just fine, right?"

"i have... some other thoughts." he said, closing his eyes. "allow me some more thermonuclear minutes."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"in the interests of saving everyone a large headache," he began, eyes still closed. "-especially considering, uh. whatever the hell happened yesterday. i'm willing to come clean."

"seems the jig is up. well, here goes nothing." sans cleared his throat, pensively, before his tone shifted to a lighter one.

"a certain amount of people have been invited into my special super sans gamer club," he said, winking and grinning. "i've also been able to send out invitations during the night. so, i would like to suggest that y'all play very carefully if you don't want to bring down half the playerbase, if you catch my drift."

"club closes at night, though. so, feel free to shoot me down after hours, if you want to free everybody from the horrors of being in the super sans gamer club." He closed his eyes. "i'm willing to take one for the team. not like i've been much help otherwise, right?"

"full disclosure i'm mostly here because the big guy-" he gestures to an unseen force, somewhere beyond where Darkwhite is hovering. "really needed folks to fill up seats, so to speak. hopefully my presence has been at least a little entertaining. didn't mean to cause so much trouble, but i guess that's how it be sometimes."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"dude my patron isn't even a legendary," commented sans, shaking his head. "kind of fucked up if you ask me."

Top Bottom