• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Because calling new players dead weight is just uncalled for.
[[Where in any of that did I call new players dead weight?? I was talking specifically about inactive players, and yes, I was perhaps a little harsh, but it’s because there have been inactive players in nearly every single mafia game I have played and it has VERY much had a negative impact on my experience each time. I get frustrated because this is a team game, everyone’s participation is vital, and it is beyond aggravating when there’s an inactive every single time. Nowhere in here was I calling out new players or calling them a dead weight for being new and I am floored that you would ever think I would say such a thing to a newbie.

Anyways I’m done here, I’m sorry for my harsh wording but your reaction was very uncalled for and I’m angry that you jumped to such a bad-faith conclusion about me.

I’ll be back before EOD to skim and give thoughts I guess.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay I don't remember where Seren made the diamond post but did he ever explain what it does? Is it possible that the diamond means something was reflected in the night?

So Laura tried to kill the Arctozolt but got shot for it?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia blinked at everyone. "Why are we immediately going back to sans? We have a lot more information now that we know Laura was mafia!"

[[got class now, gonna analyze all of jackie's interactions when I get back. we have so much more info now, defaulting to a weak read from yesterday before we've even looked at any of it seems like a bad idea.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Okay I don't remember where Seren made the diamond post but did he ever explain what it does? Is it possible that the diamond means something was reflected in the night?

So Laura tried to kill the Arctozolt but got shot for it?]]
Dave sighed. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking but didn't want to openly speculate about someone else's power where the mafia can hear."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
mad_front.png"Aight. I'm really gonna have to ask you guys why we're voting for the Slakoth right out of the gate? He didn't kill anyone last night, and even if he did, he got one of the scum!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Cosmo snuffled and paced, his mind for once, fully awake. His guardian had been chattering on, which was very helpful, and he felt less sleepy than previous days. Lazy as Hana sometimes teased him about being, he loved winning as much as any mon. And he wanted to win.

But he'd have to be careful. He'd vote for someone today, but he refused to vote recklessly, or just because of something that happened yesterday. They needed something new... but what....

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ajia blinked at everyone. "Why are we immediately going back to sans? We have a lot more information now that we know Laura was mafia!"

[[got class now, gonna analyze all of jackie's interactions when I get back. we have so much more info now, defaulting to a weak read from yesterday before we've even looked at any of it seems like a bad idea.]]
[[Thank You!!!!!]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
"I would've assumed if a mafia member gets hit by a thing that lets them use their action twice, it'd probably be their own personal action, not the mafia kill. At any rate I'm assuming the mafia members' powers aren't just 'use the mafia kill'. Isn't every card supposed to have its own set of three powers?"
[[ i assume from yellow's description of her power that whatever the power is that gets blocked is the one that gets doubled, which could potentially include the kill. i do figure that "use the mafia kill" probably is a nightly action for at least one of them though, probably the godfather if there is one. i'm not sure how else it would work, unless we're thinking that all the mafia have unique nightly actions PLUS a factional nightkill, but based on nothing at all i kind of doubt it. -q ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Guys. Cool it. Yellow has a point. Inactives, suck and I'm pretty certain that she wasn't speaking about you, Blossom as you've been doing very well for your first time.

Anyway, yes, we should be looking back at how Laura interacted with others. Mainly, I'm feeling pretty good about Tetra now seeing that Jackie was very clearly trying to start a wagon on her when Yellow threw out her pressure vote. Bluwii, I'm still unsure since that could easily be a Bus. Need to look over the backlog more thoroughly before I say anything concrete.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

This is my last warning. Stop trying to get the last word in, drop it, move on, or I'll find a way to mute you both at best. This was a miscommunication that you're both now working yourselves up over pointlessly. Enough.

]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ I will justify my sans vote after work, promise. When I do please do scrutinize the everliving fuck out of it because I want people to point out holes if there are any but I’m really quite confident in it.

anyways lunch break is over. See ya in 6 hours!]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
"Either way, the fact Laura was mafia immediately suggests two things. One, she really wanted us not to go for Fray. My guardian already dug through what Fray was saying yesterday and then was talked into second-guessing it by someone we now know was in the mafia. Worth a good fucking side-eye if you ask me. Two, Laura and that Quagsire over there were practically in lockstep for a while, and Laura went out of her way to tell us she was pretty sure Puck's power was town. Maybe too obvious, but even then, I'd be giving Puck a lot of scrutiny right now. Going to look into him today.
[[ i was thinking this as well. good read. i do think a lot of jackie's posting was just kind of openly sheeping, particularly yellow and inke. i think inke spews town for that. i don't know about yellow but i feel like probably? it does feel like a lot for them to be partnered considering how close their actions were. feels more like a pocket attempt maybe. i don't know.

anyway, here's a bit of science.
  • Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika] - meh
  • Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] - probably town for last night
  • Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] - meh
  • Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] - meh
  • Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree] - definitely town
  • Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira] - not voting here today
  • Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] - i like her posting for now
  • Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] - meh
  • Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] - probably spewed town
  • Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] - meh
  • Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] - would rather not vote here for now
  • Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - town queen
  • Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17] - probably not going here today
  • sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon] - tabling this one
  • Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull] - meh
  • Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] - meh
  • Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon] - probs town for inactivity imo
  • Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic] - i just get towny vibes here
probably roughly four mafia remaining by my estimation. narrowed the pool down to 7—hey, that's over half odds. science. let's see if this is spicy.

vote: Seren ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[readlist:

Absolutely town: Me

For now, definitely town:
-Free - Miller
-Chibi
-Bench

Probably Town?
-Yellow
-Perse
-Seren
-Torchic?
-Blossom

Neutral
-Wind
Starlight
Inke
Sind
Wind
Pan
Espy

Mild sus?
-Fray/Shini
-Bluwii
-Q/Bruh moment

Dead:
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]- Innocent
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]-Mafia

Anyways I still withhold a vote until I hear what shenanigans y'all will bring, esp what Seren has to say.

But in a game this big it could be 5 mafia? And 1 TP/SK and stringer I wonder???]]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Been rereading the thread and I have to say, I'm not entirely certain that Jackie's hesitancy to vote out Shini is necessarily an indictment on him. Something I notice about scum a lot is that they're very hesitant towards going all out for a mislynch, there's always some caveat to it like "oh I'm not so sure about this". Mislynching makes players look bad by default, so trying to play up at least some degree of uncertainty is how scum try to make themselves look better when the target inevitably flips innocent. I think that's what's happening here.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Further review....

I trust Shini a lot more.

They were the first to sus Jackie slightly. And they actually picked up something with Seren which feels decently pro town.

Their behaviour lines up closer with newbie trying to do their best, not hiding something. Shini seems on the up and up tbh]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay thats all my thoughts for now, I need to eat and exist away from the computer for a bit.

I eagerly await news from other townfriends]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Now that things have died down a bit, should I reveal what my ability is?]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[I'm going back and forth on whether Bench should reveal tbh. My inclination is that it wouldn't hurt to reveal but that he should keep his patron private. It might help us confirm whether string theory relates to patrons or something else. However, revealing might help killing roles narrow down who to go after.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Hi! Sorry I've been so quiet! I got absorbed into a pit of New Pokemon Game and sleepiness.]]

"happens to the best of us," commented sans. "those pesky new pokemon games, right?"

[[And the pesky sleepiness!]]

"anyway," sans began, clearing his throat. "it seems y'all want explanations, which is understandable. i'm not exactly in everyone's best standings, so, y'know. better to let it out than to die saying nothing."

"when i vote for someone, i can prevent them from being marked for the next night," he said. nodding slowly. "i do have a theory about what a mark means, but i'm getting to that. there is an interesting snippet, however: my power doesn't work on a certain patron legendary. i'm assuming right now that that's whatever puck's patron is. this is why i had some theories about the 'diamond of light', since that would tie in pretty well to the other legendary that i know exists via mechanical confirmation."

"now. i kind of have a wild crack theory, if you'll hear me out," said sans, clearing his throat. "i think that this game revolves around several cult leaders, and how many members they manage to 'recruit'. we had the strings, the diamond thing, and now whatever puck does. i am saying this now because i don't have anything to lose, if i'm already on the chopping block. so, make of that what you will."

"anyway. hope this helps." sans shrugged, smiling weakly.
"i assumed it would be better to be more sly about healing or protective abilities, since they're a pretty big boon," said sans. "however: being sly is not one of my strong points, it seems."
[[I may be asleep before EOD, so I'm going to lock in a protective vote now just in case I'm not here!]]

vote: Nanu/Blossomleaf

[[I like Nanu's solvyness and the questions he's been asking, feels pro-town to me so far. ^^ Good vibes!]]

[[If Puck's legendary is Dialga, then that means Seren may be the person with the patron legendary that my ability won't have any affect on. @Seren , would you happen to have a patron of Necrozma, by any chance? Regardless, I do know mechanically that Necrozma exists in this game.]]
[[Okay wow....I was so concerned that I missed some extra posts from Bluwii from EoD but THIS IS ALL THERE WAS......the same shit I saw before I went to nap.

There were so much sus being thrown at him that it's kind of frustrating to see this is all there was as response? I don't know. I really really don't like inactive players so I'm trying not to let a personal bias cloud my judgement here but HNGH, PLEASE, DEFEND YOURSELF MY LOVE.

I'm pretty stuck on the point drunk me made where I mentioned Q memed to shit and flipped scum in Humble Vale, and their posts seem reminiscent of that.

Now that Jackie flipped scum I need to go analyze their posts but my brain is STILL fried so I'm probs gonna step away until tomorrow. All I remember was them agreeing with Yellow's sus on Tetra because I agreed with it, but I need to go analyze how like...in step they were together. I totally and absolutely believe Yellow's blunder but I have a bad taste in my mouth because of it. Not enough to vote, but enough to side-eye until I can get into summary mode.

[[Called it. Maybe. I was at least a little sus with the bandwagoning.]]
It's so feelsbad that I keep looping back to you because I KNOW you're new but this but this pinged my flags and I can't tell if it's because I'm paranoid or not. This is very "Oh OH my fellow mafia got killed and flipped scum yes yes I knew they were sus all along yes" and ergh. Sus me all y'all want for being on Torchic's butt like this but I am TRAUMATIZED by not drilling Seren and Shini more in Banquet, so. Some posts I found--keep in mind I ctrl + F'd for these and might have skipped over any other posts but these really stuck out to me in terms of the above opening line. Please clock my ass if I glazed over something that makes this all seem like bullshit so I can shut the fuck up about it.

[[I don't want to hop on any bandwagons immediately after getting called out for just following the crowd and also saying I was suspicious of Blu but... I don't know. This whole thing is a bit of a mess. Yellow is really ringing some red flags in my head, and Shini is raising a lot more red flags. I can't go off of play styles because 1. I suck at reading into people's styles of posting and writing, and 2. I don't know how anyone plays. All I have to go on is inconsistencies with testimonies and what information than can and do give.

[[Also there's a tie, and part of me wants/needs to break that tie. But part of me also doesn't want to draw suspicion form switching and bandwagoning.]]
Sus of Yellow and Shini.

[[Very iffy on uA and Yellow after this swapping stuff, but not enough to go Hard Mafia on them.]]
Now sus of Yellow and uA because of the swapping stuff?? I don't remember how the swapping shit was indicative of whether or not Yellow and Jackie were town or scum, like I said in my angy post?? Not that that makes a difference now, but this is a big part of my point, which I'll elaborate on below.

sans (6)
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Vote Sans.

I am 100% Mikeposting because I'm frazzled but Torchic is still ruffling my feathers (ha). But so far your movements and voting and sussing patterns ring as "newbie mafia trying really hard to make their own deductions but jumping on bandwagons and trying to sus around based what other people are saying." Going from "Kinda sussing uA for swap" to "oh yeah called it was kinda sussing for the bandwagon" is just FIRING synapses. I cannot shake this feeling. I still really really really want to give you benefit of the doubt but it's getting kinda hard.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Now that things have died down a bit, should I reveal what my ability is?]]
[[No, imo.

I believe ur town and right now I don't think there's much to gain. Better for scum to be left wondering]]

Top Bottom