• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I volunteer Arctozolt to be voted. Their ability is pretty weak, so it won't be much of a loss if they're incapacitated.]]

"Wha- HEY! DON'T VOLUNTEER US LIKE THAT!" Arctozolt screeched at the badge they held.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[
@Bluwiikoon, you say that your recipient won't be informed of the details of their passive ability, but what do you know? Is there more detail you could give--like what kind of passive abilities are available, how long they last, etc.--that won't be too detrimental for scum to also know
]]
"i've pretty much said all i can say," replied sans, blinking sleepily. "again though, it won't affect the person's powers or abilities. you can still do you."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
yeah, okay, I missed the part about no Mafia daytalk. ignore that point.

back to swinging wildly on whether to trust Blu or not
]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
"Ba-a-a-a!" Princess cried, suddenly very scared. It's because she remembered the concept of ghosts. Not to mention skeletons, ghouls, and other such frights...

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[I volunteer Arctozolt to be voted. Their ability is pretty weak, so it won't be much of a loss if they're incapacitated.]]

"Wha- HEY! DON'T VOLUNTEER US LIKE THAT!" Arctozolt screeched at the badge they held.

[[
Actually, you know, if someone thinks it's fine if they get, I think Blu should go ahead. That way if Blu's thing does give somethign nefarious, we'll be able to watch if something funky happens to the recipient.
]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[
actually him being erroneous about how DF's ability works makes me more like to townlean him, because his mafia teammates supposedly would have pointed out that flaw if he brought it up with them
]]
"I wouldn't be so sure he even was mistaken, is the thing. Maybe if he was looking for an excuse to vote for somebody, he just pretended to misunderstand. Even aside from the mafia not having talked to each other yet."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"I wouldn't be so sure he even was mistaken, is the thing. Maybe if he was looking for an excuse to vote for somebody, he just pretended to misunderstand. Even aside from the mafia not having talked to each other yet."

[[
That would be a thing that would be certain to be found out eventually though, right? I don't see a timeline where everyone overlooked the error in Bluwii's proposal.

Not that it matters now in any case
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[FUCKING

why games with no daytalk whyyyy]]
[[
1. I KNOW RIGHT
2. LIKE HALF OF MY SCUMHUNTING COMES FROM SPOTTING THINGS THAT FEEL LIKE THEY CAME FROM A COMMITTEE WHAT DO I DO
3. This reaction feels extremely genuine, lol
]]

Ajia wasn't quite sure what to make of that, but she supposed that more reasons to trust Dave was a good thing.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Goddamnit there goes my plan to cross reference claims and strats from my day one notes to see if i can spot coordination. Jackie and not reading the mafia OP closely enough name a more iconic duo i'll wait]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia put a paw to her forehead. "Please, no one imply if your role is good or not. Even the slightest bit of input is enough to narrow the pool for mafia players to direct their kills/roleblocks with the highest probability of success."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Heh," Sidney grinned, holding the ruined rulebook up by one side of the cover. "Looks like I didn't manage to wreck this whole thing. Says here the mafia team can't talk to each other during the day. Which means that aside from knowing who their team members are, they don't know shit about each other! Flying just as blind as the rest of us, at least for today. Not sure what kind of advantage that gives us though..." He scratched the side of his head with a needle, looking puzzled.

"Like, thanks everyone who got things rolling I guess? But I have no idea what to do other than what I was probably gonna do if we started the game at night. It sucks, but it's better than flipping a coin twenty times. I don't like those odds. I may be stupid but I'm not an idiot."

"Hey, game master guy! I vote No Elimination."

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"i've pretty much said all i can say," replied sans, blinking sleepily. "again though, it won't affect the person's powers or abilities. you can still do you."

"Yeah but the problem here is that you chose to bring this up before the deadline is almost up." Nanu said frustrated. "And since we have little to no time to process this information...then we're basically stuck to have you either vote someone for the hell of it. Or not vote but now be at risk for getting killed tonight." The Island Kahuna muttered irritably.

[[As the Guardian device pinged and Nanu could hear the Chatot start talking. "True. But don't forget that we still have an hour and a half to resolve this. Since mafia can only converse with one another in private during the night. And besides...even if we all stand here debating as to whether Bluwii and Sans are trustworthy or not...it won't prevent Sans from voting regardless? So, I think the idea of keeping an "eye" on the person Sans does choose to vote for is our best bet. Cause this way we'll know who the target is regardless? And we'll also be able to determine if Sans is leaning to help town or mafia. Depending on which person he picks to vote on.

"And I hard agree with chibi for these assessments as well btw. Since we should 100% keep this in mind as the pros and drawbacks for Sans latest intel reveal". The Guardian device said before pulling up a few of Chibi / Ajia's comments for the others to see]]

Ajia bit her lip. "Oh dang. If sans is telling the truth, it would be really good for us, and he should definitely use his power. Buuut the fact that the person who gets the power isn't informed... it doesn't give us any information. And the Skiddo's Guardian is right--it would be a really easy way to get a negative ability onto someone, and they would never even know what." She wanted to trust sans, she really did, but.

Ajia put a paw to her forehead. "Please, no one imply if your role is good or not. Even the slightest bit of input is enough to narrow the pool for mafia players to direct their kills/roleblocks with the highest probability of success."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Okay, I think something we can figure definitively is that if Bluwii is scum, his vote-power would gives its recipient something negative. With this course of events, it would have been very difficult to try to peg a teammate, I think. He would have to react to whatever the rest of the crowd said and direct things thusly.

So, right now it's just a binary. Bluwii is scum and the vote will be bad, or Bluwii is good and the vote will be good. I think that still leads me to letting Bluwii vote Bench. In the worst case scenario, we'll still get info from what what happens to Bench, right?

Because if no vote today, we'll likely have to repeat this tomorrow with basically the same options. Best to do it now.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

[[
yeah everyone proceed to shut up please lol
]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uhuhu, I'm not a guy! Not today, at least. I usually like being a girl. Shield like it, too." Darkwhite continued to turn in a clockwise motion in the air. "I guess I should give a last-hour recap in case any votes were missed. Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"

[[

Current votes:

No Elimination (10)
Bartholomew ( Rotom) [Equitial]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Abstain (10)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

1 hour and 15 minutes remain.

]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[[

So, right now it's just a binary. Bluwii is scum and the vote will be bad, or Bluwii is good and the vote will be good. I think that still leads me to letting Bluwii vote Bench. In the worst case scenario, we'll still get info from what what happens to Bench, right?

]]
"that seems reasonable to me," he said, nodding slowly. "welp. here goes nothing."

Vote: Bench

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ok wow I made it, I had to skim because y’all are CHATTY haha, please correct me if I missed anything.

[[While it is true that it sounds like a waste to trigger the Dread count but Free already stated that she has to choose someone to Dread and I think the best way to confirm it would be having her vote for someone and choosing someone else for the night. This way, we'll have 2 players that can confirm her Dread ability and while this doesn't explicitly clear her of not being Mafia.
Uhhh?? Why would we need two players to confirm? Why risk getting two dread marks on town players?? This is a weird strategy and it’s slightly sus to me.
And if that is the case, where Dave is forced to pick someone at night to give two dread counters to
Two per night?? I thought it was just one. Did I miss something?
“Of course,” he added, with another exasperated look at Darkwhite, “who knows, maybe there’s somebody who can just redirect my action to somebody, without having to know who I originally targeted, in which case there’s nothing we can do about it without knowing who they are.”
I was about to point this out, but then Chibi made a very good point—if you name your target, then we can either confirm your mechanic or get confirmation of a bus driver. Either way, I think it’s worth the information.
From my understanding the most Dave can do is give someone 2 dread counts to carry over into D2.
Where is the 2 dreads per night coming from 😱]]

Puck cocked his head to the side as he listened. There was still so much he didn’t know! But he was becoming more and more convinced that the Mightyena was a good guy, even if he was grumpy.

[[Probably my last post before EOD so I’ll give general vibe feels:

Feeling generally good about Chibi, Free, and Sind. Sind’s breakdown post and her overall play feels identical to last game, where she was town—however, she could be latching onto that play style to appear town since it worked so well for her last time. Too soon to be sure.

Chibi has been very actively pro-town in all their reasoning, and Free’s play makes the most sense as a town player.

I’m ever so slightly sus of Shini, Q, and Bluwii right now. Nothing concrete, just vibes really. Q’s play is almost exactly the same as when we were scum buddies in Humble Vale, heh. Bluwii’s play is reminiscent of vanilla maf. Shini’s insistence on having two separate players get Dread marks was just straight up weird to me, buuut they are being a lot more active than their first game in which they were scum, so there’s that.

Everyone else is a solid neutral. I will spend the night phase examining posts more closely!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Ba-a-a-a!" Princess bleats. "Ba-a-a-a!"
[[ translation: my power is good! it's soooo good! i'm basically god! am i helping? -q ]]
Ajia gave the Skiddo a soft smile.

[[it is illegal that i can't quag this post]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Where is the 2 dreads per night coming from 😱]]
"That's what I said. I have to target somebody and they get plus two. Anyone who targets me, or that I vote for, gets plus one."

Top Bottom