• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Presenting a wrap-up for this day phase. I'll be kind of around after this, but I wanted to post this now just in case.

Alright, so I have split off character based on their activity, they're not in any particular order (besides alphabetical) in their assigned groups.

The only people who I will definitively read are Chibi and Dragonfree--reading them Town. Additionally, here are some things that I'm inclined to see as pro-town: 1) offering any reads on any player; 2) having a firm opinions on DF; 3) encouraging people to stay quiet about their roles; and 4) generally contributing a lot of what they think.

Inactives:
  • Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
  • Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] -- (only post was a joke about how their tells them to kill, and then how they needed to get caught up right before I posted this)
  • Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]

Around but didn't strike me as saying much
  • Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] -- Mostly RPing. Won't sus DF yet but not trusting

• Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] -- Mostly RPing, talked about the issue of voting D1 or not but only after most people were decided didn't actually come to a conclusion

• sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon] - Offered to take a dread from DF but confused on some things. Theorized about roles.

Giving thoughts
  • Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] -- Only one post, which leaned on the side of town-reading DF.

• Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira] -- Was first to volunteer as a test subject for Dread, though their later logic on the Dread topic seems counter-intuitive to me. Townreads DF. Offers thoughts on game makeup/mechanics and no-lynching.

• Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] -- Is going against the general vibe and is sus of DF. Against D1 lynch.

• Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] -- I debated whether to put them here or in the active and scheming category. They showed up late, but offered a goodly amount of thoughts; though, as a side effect of being late only after other people have talked. They townlead DF and also Shini. Agrees with a bunch of Chibi and Inke takes.

• Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] -- is neutral on DF, first dismissing any read because "she could be lying". First to vote no-lynch; theorizes on roles and game set-up. Offered to take Dread.

• Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] -- Iffy on DF throughout, though she lightened momentarily before being noticeably skeptical again. Offers big ol' summary and is interacting despite sickbrain

• Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17] -- Busy most of day phase. Announced was not sus of DF and voted no-lynch, but was also confused on some things.

• Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull] - Believes DF's claim with reasoning, went no-lynch.

• Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] -- Neutral on Df. Agreed with DF that a possible curer shouldn't reveal themself. Came out to tell people not to draw Dread more than necessary. Raised a question about the ability Dave hasn't revealed.

• Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic] -- Townleaned DF, uncertain about D1 lynch but eventually voted against
Active 'n Scheming
  • Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika] -- Been around and giving thoughts and useful plans of action. Especially for their caution on not giving Mafia info, I'm town-reading.

• Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree] -- Center of the drama of D1. I strongly townread them as all their actions seems to support town.

• Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] -- Trying to keep people focused on strat. Townread DF and agreed with DF's theory to be careful about roleclaiming. Townreads to various extents Shini for being first dread volunteer, Chibi and me for offering strat, and Pers for being sus at DF in a natural way.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
She flipped through some of her notes, tail flicking lightly behind her. "Dave mentioned one of the cons himself--that the mafia could swap it onto someone else. But if they do that, that gives us information. Actual confirmed proof they have a swapper! Of course, if that doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they don't have a swapper, because they could just... not do that." She chuckled a bit. "Also, if they swapped someone, the recipient would be informed, and could tell us. Also, I think they would probably be less likely to be mafia?" Her mind was spinning now. More potential strategies, ways to utilize this power in the late game...
Dave peered at the Delcatty. "Well, what I was thinking was if the mafia swapped the dread to a different target, they could swap it to one of their own and then lie about it. Whoops, nobody got the so-called dread, Dave's lying about the whole thing. But that's not a strategy they could keep up very long without putting themselves at risk, and it's obviously mutually exclusive with trying to knock out useful town with it. So fine, I'll go for the Froslass who volunteered."

[[Thoughts on players incoming, just wanted to get this out of the way first. @bruh moment, Sinderella did a summary on I think page six? Made some errors, missed one significant bit I said that was then corrected, but pretty good overview of relevant commentary from most people.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[
Presenting a wrap-up for this day phase. I'll be kind of around after this, but I wanted to post this now just in case.

Alright, so I have split off character based on their activity, they're not in any particular order (besides alphabetical) in their assigned groups.

The only people who I will definitively read are Chibi and Dragonfree--reading them Town. Additionally, here are some things that I'm inclined to see as pro-town: 1) offering any reads on any player; 2) having a firm opinions on DF; 3) encouraging people to stay quiet about their roles; and 4) generally contributing a lot of what they think.

• Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf] -- is neutral on DF, first dismissing any read because "she could be lying". First to vote no-lynch; theorizes on roles and game set-up. Offered to take Dread.
"Woah. Bartholomew was it?" Nanu turned to address the Rotom possessing the yellow Pikachu 3ds. "I get that you and your guardian are compiling notes on the players decisions so far, but let's make it clear that I'm not offering to do shit." The Island Kahuna corrected with an uncomfortable grimace at the "dread offer". "Because, much as I'd like to gain more intel on Dave's role, I'm not looking to get massively crippled or hindered in the process. So, if anything I was leaning more towards the two volunteers who wanted to take the dread originally. Which I think was Fray (Froslass) and Sans (Slakoth) if I remember this correctly?" Nanu looked over at his Guardian device.

[[That pinged an affirmative confirmation with an agreeable hum. "Aye! you did remember that right and yeah sorry for the confusion there Equitial. Because I only mentioned that I was um. "thinking about whether or not I should volunteer to clear Dragonfree's claim? but I also did backpedal and say that's probably not a good idea as well. In this quote here: ]]

[[" But at the same time.. I felt like it might be a waste to purposefully trigger the dread count if it is true. And also it sounded like a punishment that isn't pleasant to take. If someone did try and call Dragonfree / Dave's bluff. So I'm fine with believing Dragonfree claim for now. Since I know from spectating the last game, that what everyone is saying about Dragonfree getting investigated or eliminated early is true. And that there's no harm in leaving Dragonfree alone for now. Until we progress further in the game and potentially see what everyone else's role / ability might be. "]]
[["So you may want to revise your notes slightly for what you have regarding Nanu (and myself!). Otherwise your wrap up is very informative! And thanks for taking the time to do it. As it gives some good overviews and insights to what happened so far in D1. Along with mentioning what each player has decided / posted so far. Which is also another useful tidbit!~"]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[["So you may want to revise your notes slightly for what you have regarding Nanu (and myself!). Otherwise your wrap up is very informative! And thanks for taking the time to do it. As it gives some good overviews and insights to what happened so far in D1. Along with mentioning what each player has decided / posted so far. Which is also another useful tidbit!~"]]

The DS's screens flashed with big thumbs up.

BARTHOLOMEW:
-- Noted! And Thank you for you honesty!!!

At the holographic whiteboard, the stylus flipped and scribbled its other end over a section of words, as if it were trying to erase. However, because editing is not permitted on this subforum, it didn't actually accomplish anything that any other player could see.

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[
ok, i've skimmed through everything -- have to go back to work but i'll try and go through again before EoD because i need to solidify most of my thoughts.

biggest thing -- joining the chorus of light butterfree townreads. regardless of alignment, she's 99% telling the truth about her card, and claiming miller d1 is the correct play especially since she would be a prime inforole target. i wouldn't vote here.

when i come back later i'll try to pay more attention to how people responded to the claim -- this might be a controversial take but i'm not sure yet if i want to townread those who volunteered to be dread guinea pigs just for volunteering, as i could imagine it being a play that a wolf could make to gain towncred. to be clear, this isn't a read on any of the people who did that, just a thought i had. it could still be a genuine thought from a townie, though.

normally i'm pro-d1 elim and think it's always better for town to do so, but i think that might not be the case in a daystart game? i also don't have anywhere i'd vote as of now, i don't really remember anything about any slot aside from butterfree lmfao.

- mewtini
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia tapped a paw to the ground. Not much time left before nightfall. It would be good to get all her thoughts out in the open before then. [[Since we might not get another chance to.]]

Ajia turned toward the stone, frowning. 'That's a pessimistic way of looking at it.'

[[I'm just being realistic. ^^;]]

Ajia furrowed her brow. She didn't think there was anything to be gained from assuming she wouldn't be around tomorrow. She turned away from the stone.

"I feel pretty good about Bartholomew and his Guardian, bouncing thoughts off them has been helpful in a way that I wouldn't expect if they were working for the enemy."

"Also... Dave. Everything about the way he's approached his ability feels like he's on our side. I get that if his Guardian really is the sort to get watched immediately by everyone, he'd need some way to head that off, but..." She shook her head. "It doesn't seem likely to me."

She turned to the Meowth, Skiddo, and Fennekin. "I'd really like to hear from people who haven't spoke up yet!" she announced, giving them an encouraging grin. "It seems like a lot of these games end up spending a ton of time with people arguing about getting rid of someone because they didn't say enough?" She grimaced. "I'd like to avoid that if we can. It doesn't seem productive."

What next... things to keep in mind as the game progressed, maybe? That way they'd be less likely to get caught off-guard.

"We should definitely expect the enemy to have normal stuff like roleblocker, swapper, redirector, or bulletproof. But they all get a power, and ability, and a oneshot, just like us. We need to be expecting more devastating things."

- Just like Dave's patron has a 'miller' ability, I would bet that one of the mafia would have a patron with a 'godfather' ability.
- They almost certainly have at least one, maybe more, Strong kills.
- One of them could have the ability to kill without being seen.

[[Okay, I know that 'chibi is afraid of ninjas' is basically a meme at this point, but if ever there were a game where it was a valid fear, this would be the game.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I didn't say that Strings aren't attached to third party. I was saying that their win condition in having to String people who revealed roles or legendaries is a bit too specific and it doesn't really make sense unless they can String more than one revealer per day.]]
[[That was me not including the calculation in Free's dread count. She says she needs to use it on someone every night, and by the 3rd night, she can kill someone if she marks them for all the 3 nights. I was saying that each night, assuming the scum team only have 1 killing role and we don't have another 3rd party that can kill, we'd only have 1 death every night.]]
[["Okay! So to clarify what Sind is saying here, the comments towards Dragonfree / Dave in my RP are both flavor and my honest thoughts about the situation (with Dave free claiming Miller and revealing the Dread thing) in general because I figured that I'd do a mix of both as my playstyle? Unless someone directly pings or asks me to clarify what I meant in one of the RP posts. If that makes sense, " ] ]
Mark me as firmly believes claim. I'm suspicious of everyone in Mafia, so thinking someone is "probably friendly" is good for me.
[[Thanks for clarifying my dudes :D

[[Since Free's powers at night are not optional, we can't avoid some dead each night. If we're uncertain of who to vote for today, she should abstain to avoid giving out extra dread with her vote. Unless we think we need to see who she votes for to confirm her powers, but I think that's unnecessary. Less dread early in the game means town can avoid accidentally handicapping themselves later on.]]
She flipped through some of her notes, tail flicking lightly behind her. "Dave mentioned one of the cons himself--that the mafia could swap it onto someone else. But if they do that, that gives us information. Actual confirmed proof they have a swapper! Of course, if that doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they don't have a swapper, because they could just... not do that." She chuckled a bit. "Also, if they swapped someone, the recipient would be informed, and could tell us. Also, I think they would probably be less likely to be mafia?" Her mind was spinning now. More potential strategies, ways to utilize this power in the late game...
I was back and forth on the Dread guinea pig thing--on one hand yes, less dread means less chance of a late game handicap, but on the other hand I do agree with Chibi's sentiment that a chance for information is a good chance, espeeeeeciallyyyyy in role madness where we know absolutely fuck all about the roles, cuz I'd bet money there's some sort of Bus Driver in our midst maybe possibly (please don't actually take my money lololololol). But I also definitely want to air on the side of Free announcing who they're gonna dread and a possible mafia role swapper going completely elsewhere because they know the bait has been set, and for that reason, I'd almost prefer Free kept it to themselves.

This is all, of course, provided I understand the dread thing right. Because I'm what the kids call, fucking stupid, and I have a fierce case of speedreader syndrome.

Voting No Elimination because I don't have enough info right now. I'm neutral-leaning-town on Free, mostly because their claim completely tracks with the past games I've played with them.

However, I really am eyeing Torchic for that "Darkrai/Cresselia" drop--probably way too much so, but the casual mentioning of Cresselia with no backing of why they'd bring it up until I pressed is just really really weird to me. Was that a possible bait for the String thing (i.e. mentioning your patron Legendary)? A subtle hint that they might know of the "curer"/are the "curer"? Idk I have questions, and again, and I am probably reading too much into it, but I'll save that energy for D2 because even so, I still believe there isn't enough info (or time honestly) to press more.

Iffy on DF throughout, though she lightened momentarily before being noticeably skeptical again.
Also, I just wanted to clarify, my summary was purely me summarizing comments made--if I was coming off as noticeably sus of Free again, it was probably because I was requesting info on things that were said about them and their claim (see my tags to Shini and Inke, and also commenting on Blossom's possible RP flavor). Again, uber sickbrained, I clearly erroneously summarized things and missed a big comment, but I lightened up and am mostly remaining light for the reason mentioned above--i think the gameplay tracks with what I've seen from past games with Free.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[i don't think that the cresselia drop was necessarily weird when there being a possible 'curer' for darkrai's dread was brought up.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
However, I really am eyeing Torchic for that "Darkrai/Cresselia" drop--probably way too much so, but the casual mentioning of Cresselia with no backing of why they'd bring it up until I pressed is just really really weird to me. Was that a possible bait for the String thing (i.e. mentioning your patron Legendary)? A subtle hint that they might know of the "curer"/are the "curer"?
[[sorry for triplepost, i am so scatterbrained. i think it's pretty towny for sinderella to suspect torchic of TMI here, though, and i need to go back and reread the timeline of torchic mentioning that with the other claims, etc, because they're kinda all blending together in my head rn]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
However, I really am eyeing Torchic for that "Darkrai/Cresselia" drop--probably way too much so, but the casual mentioning of Cresselia with no backing of why they'd bring it up until I pressed is just really really weird to me. Was that a possible bait for the String thing (i.e. mentioning your patron Legendary)? A subtle hint that they might know of the "curer"/are the "curer"? Idk I have questions, and again, and I am probably reading too much into it, but I'll save that energy for D2 because even so, I still believe there isn't enough info (or time honestly) to press more.

Ajia winced. "If Winona's Guardian did make a mistake and accidentally slip their patron's name, wouldn't it be a bad idea to call attention to it?"

[[I'm with mewtini in that I do think it's a pretty reasonable lore deduction, and not necessarily an accidental softclaim. But also if they are Cresselia, calling it out seems dangerous. Nothing we can do about it now, of course, but.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I also was not shocked by the mentioning of Cresselia in the same breath as Darkrai, especially because of the use of the words "cured" in Free's explanation of her powers. Seems lore-based to me, which is about all we have to go on at this point. If Free's powers claim is true, it seems like people's powers are related in some way to their assigned Legendaries. I can at least confirm that on some level with my own assignment.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
Princess doesn't understand what's going on, but boy is she hungry. There's still no grass... She sits and sniffs the leaves on her back, considering taking a nibble. But wait... maybe someone else is made of plants? She could get a snack without having to mess up her precious coat! Oh, joys never cease! She starts prancing around happily at her idea, and in the process forgets what the idea was and also the fact that she was hungry.

[[ agreeing with chibi. i understand sort of eyeballing that interaction but i don't really see how you ever get to "torchic is sus" based on that, and i don't really see much value in expounding it either. vaguely squinting at this. -q ]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"hey, so. i have a feeling things will probably get wacky in this game pretty quickly," said sans. "so i'm willing to lay my cards on the table, so to speak."

"if i vote for somebody and they don't get eliminated, they receive a passive ability. it doesn't hinder their current abilities in any way, but it could be useful for them later on. however, they don't get informed about the passive or what it does, is what my role card is telling me."

"so. i have to figure out someone to vote for, while also minimising the risk of them being eliminated," he said, shrugging gently. "hope that makes sense to y'all."

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her

Ajia winced. "If Winona's Guardian did make a mistake and accidentally slip their patron's name, wouldn't it be a bad idea to call attention to it?"

[[I'm with mewtini in that I do think it's a pretty reasonable lore deduction, and not necessarily an accidental softclaim. But also if they are Cresselia, calling it out seems dangerous. Nothing we can do about it now, of course, but.]]

[["See for me: I also don't think it's weird for the Darkrai / Cresselia" name drop. Primarily because of how the two legendaries go hand in hand? And that the logical assumption for a "Darkrai Patron" should be to assume that there will be a "Cresselia Patron" as well who can possibly counteract Darkrai's (or in this case Dragonfree / Dave's) ability. Plus Torchic is also a new player like me. So, if anything I wouldn't put as much suspicion on the statement if Torchic is maybe trying to learn what the roles and cards all do. Like I am?

"So for the time being I don't think placing sus on Torchic is necessarily the right play here Sind / Odette. But that's just my two cents on the matter. And if anything this is something to just keep in mind for when we go into D2. Since D1 is about to end in a few hours and there's been a plethora of information for us all to sort through. Now that we have an idea for how the game is going to play along with most people's playstyles."]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"hey, so. i have a feeling things will probably get wacky in this game pretty quickly," said sans. "so i'm willing to lay my cards on the table, so to speak."

"if i vote for somebody and they don't get eliminated, they receive a passive ability. it doesn't hinder their current abilities in any way, but it could be useful for them later on. however, they don't get informed about the passive or what it does, is what my role card is telling me."

"so. i have to figure out someone to vote for, while also minimising the risk of them being eliminated," he said, shrugging gently. "hope that makes sense to y'all."
[["Ohhhhh shiittt! I just saw this right after I posted but damn. Okay so now I see why you were offering to vote for someone Bluwii? And if what ur saying is true then that ability could be very helpful to whoever you chose to give it to. So um...given the time limit and the fact that D1 is about to end....I'd say that maybe your best bet is to pick someone you feel is strongly town? Without saying aloud who is it is of course! But there's enough context and summaries from people so you can have some ideas as to who might be trustworthy.

Unless you want to maybe hold off and use this during the vote for D2? Or do you think now would be the better time to use this? Since we're not sure how many people will either be killed or eliminated by the start of the D2 phase?"]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)

[[ i am not saying you're lying about this necessarily but i'm not sure i'm willing to accept this at face value and am not super keen on absolving anyone of responsibility for a good vote. i think you're telling the truth about having a vote-activated power, but there's no way for me to tell whether or not it's malevolent or contributes towards a third party win condition or some wacky stuff like that, so i feel weird about just letting you do it for no reason other than that you were transparent about it. -q ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

BARTHOLOMEW:
-- ohhh dang yeah that's cool
-- since you have to vote, it has to be clear to everyone who's getting the passive ability
-- uhhh good new is that I'm not worrying much for the person you choose
-- bad news is that scum is prolly going to go after you instead RIP bud
-- I THINK YOU SHOULD USE YOUR ABILITITY THO. WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ i've been burned by placing my faith in blu's friendly demeanor and impeccable vibes before! i shall never let it happen again, in the name of leggy snom! ouhhh! ]]

Top Bottom