• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[VOTE: HAZEL

OBVIOUS LAST-MINUTE SHUNT FROM PHAN TO CLEAR GOAT.

BFHSGSJDJDBAGS LET ME GET A HAIRCUT GDI

ANAKIN_I_HATE_YOU.GIF]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Applies to all days if the person being voted out didn't get a single vote before the final hour.]]
[[OH RIGHT. Thank you for clarifying!!]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
wait shoot we don’t get an extension, it’ll just be a coin flip with a tie. Extensions are only for D1 if I’m remembering correctly.
Nope that’s ties resulting in Abstain, not day extensions. So… uhh… do I…

VOTE… HAZEL?

This isn’t gonna, like, void my extension warranty or anything, right?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Uhhhh I guess we’re doing this?

VOTE HAZEL.

Also, can I make it abundantly clear that I have absolutely no idea why Jean defended me so hard? Absolutely no clue. And that’s a bad look for Pixie and I. But I swear to absolute god, I’m town.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...What a peculiar cast we are a part of," Reme clicked her tongue. Mike had started posing, laying on the ground in a "T" shape that so many others have taken before him. For the sake of sentimentality, or friendship, or because she wanted to, Reme stayed beside him.

"My voice and I do not have any thoughts on Hazel, even considering the information that had just came to light. However, I will agree that their silence once the Mafia were on their hind legs, and what Wes' Voice pointed out about when we were all voting Pixie, are both things we should have in mind."

It was entirely possible that Hazel's Voice was simply busy, as so many Voices looked to be as of late. Hazel also came in to speak, for better or for worse...

"I will be voting for... Hazel." Reme considered standing up, but it was already so late... in space. "I believe this will bring upon that extension that I was nearly damned for considering on the first day? Will I be suspect after this as well?" she chuckled, surely in jest.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Thank you Tetra

Also down for Pixie ig?

UNVOTING: KENT (as promised, ties again)
[[Okay, I’m not defending Hazel by any means, I’m defending myself. WHY would she even SUGGEST a vote train on Pixie, hypothetically speaking, if we were mafia and mafia KNEW we were lovers???? I’m not mafia, I don’t know how the talks go, so I don’t know if scum lovers would even admit that much while they spoke, but hypothetically speaking they did. WHY would mafia!Hazel even suggest thr vote? Not just on any scum, but a LOVER scum
[[Also, I just wanted to chime in and say that if you have a strong townread on me and you trust my judgment, please also trust Lyn/Hazel. I have such a fucking strong townread off her right now, and she's smart. Pay attention to her.]]
[[Throwing this in there because uA was innocent and was pretty solidly right. Worth noting???? Maybe maybe not???]]

[[Don’t like lynching randoms with no chance to emergency claim, originally entertained it with the hopes that she would respond to the ping I sent. When alarm went off to get ass to dentist, panicked as for what to do with my vote and did a “just in case” and regretted it right after bc fall 2020 mafia flashbacks. Only had that vote down for, like, a minute, apologies.]]
[[Shiny’s explanation for recanting the vote. Not a solid one by any means, but worth noting. My argument for why it shouldn’t be that sus stands; why would mafia!Hazel start a vote train on her team lover???? (again supposing that in mafia speak, scum lovers would

[[Ok I just did a quick skim of Hazel’s posts aaaaand now I’m paranoid.

Both Hazel and Jean very fiercely defended Clovis and Pixie during the D1 shenanigans. Hazel also stated many many times that she thought scum lovers was dumb, made no sense, and that she wasn’t even willing to consider the possibility.

The biggest red flag for me is THIS:

Hazel sort of started the vote train on Pixie, but then suddenly and without giving any real reason, jumped ship. This was before Pixie and Clovis claimed lovers.

So now I’m paranoid. WHAT IF THERE REALLY ARE SCUM LOVERS??]]

@Chibi Pika HELP

[[This would explain why Jean and Hazel defended Clovis and Pixie so adamantly, explains Hazel’s very random vote switch, and explains why the other pair of lovers died first.]]
[[Once again, let me make it abundantly clear that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY JEAN DEFENDED ME. I was actually under the assumption they were Town from it so when they flipped scum I was fucking shocked. This mignt further fuel my absolute Mikeposting level claim that Espy might be mafia, and is banking on them getting sac’d, so y’all can turn around and kill Pixie and I for a bizarre as hell mafia win.

Free defends me, Free dies and flips scum, scum kills the claimed town lovers and leaves the unverified duo to get verified by ANOTHER sus party; so hypothetically if that sus party gets sac’d and flips scum, Pixie and I are screwed, which means town is screwed. ]]

[[ALSO Pixie voting for Espy right out the gate today and Hazel also voting for Espy has me extra suspicious now. Oh no oh no oh no oh no]]
[[No idea what this was about on Pixie’s end, we did not talk in the last night phase, so I can’t defend that.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Once again, let me make it abundantly clear that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY JEAN DEFENDED ME. I was actually under the assumption they were Town from it so when they flipped scum I was fucking shocked. This mignt further fuel my absolute Mikeposting level claim that Espy might be mafia, and is banking on them getting sac’d, so y’all can turn around and kill Pixie and I for a bizarre as hell mafia win.

Free defends me, Free dies and flips scum, scum kills the claimed town lovers and leaves the unverified duo to get verified by ANOTHER sus party; so hypothetically if that sus party gets sac’d and flips scum, Pixie and I are screwed, which means town is screwed. ]]
[[idk I’m just very very not convinced that Espy is scum because of all the misplays, and her innocence doesn’t prove your innocence because you could still be scum lovers.]]

Okay, I’m not defending Hazel by any means, I’m defending myself. WHY would she even SUGGEST a vote train on Pixie, hypothetically speaking, if we were mafia and mafia KNEW we were lovers???? I’m not mafia, I don’t know how the talks go, so I don’t know if scum lovers would even admit that much while they spoke, but hypothetically speaking they did. WHY would mafia!Hazel even suggest thr vote? Not just on any scum, but a LOVER scum
[[This is admittedly my biggest hang up. But what if?? They tried to vote Pixie and planned to jump ship all along just to look more town in case the lovers died and flipped scum? Heck, maybe they even forgot y’all were lovers or that Pixie’s death would also kill Clovis, idk. I’m not super certain about the last point, but as Free pointed out when gunning for Chibi, mafia starting a vote train on a teammate is not unheard of. Especially if there’s a good chance of that train not actually following through. And perhaps it was an attempt at a voting extension…? Idk I’d have to look at the timing of the posts.
[[Throwing this in there because uA was innocent and was pretty solidly right. Worth noting???? Maybe maybe not???]]
Yes and no. uA also had a solid townread on Jean iirc, and that obviously turned out to be wrong. Jackie is a stellar and smart player, to be sure, but they aren’t above making mistakes! And we have lots of other smart players here too that are capable of masquerading as town very convincingly.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
DAY EXTENSION:

Sparkle: 1 (Persephone)
Hazel: 5 (Chibi, Yellow, Homestar, Phant, Sinderella, Fusion)

No vote: Espeon, Goat

Hazel would have been eliminated, but the first vote was cast after the final hour. Per the rules, the day will end in 6 hours.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, dear. I didn't expect this... Hold on. I have a solution."

Eien pointed her head toward the sun in the far distance and focused. As it and the earth wound along, it stopped, slowly trailing backwards.

"...Okay!" Eien said cheerfully. "That should give us some extra time to sort this out!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Okay, with the day being extended, some notes:

So, this theory is that me changing my mind settling on not wanting to kill at random in the dentist waiting room is evidence in favour of me having started a train against my own scum teammate, who I knew to be a lover, and that Dragonfree played along with it also knowing they were scum lovers and thus tied the four of us together, because y'know how experienced scum loves tying themselves together.

UNVOTE: HAZEL

Which means, at this point, Espy is the person I should be voting for again. In the meantime, I am also once again wondering why we seem to know Wes is town, because... nobody answered that last time. Given the pushing to kill lovers and I last second I am once again curious about this.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
mafia starting a vote train on a teammate is not unheard of.
[[I’m aware of this but starting a vote train on a lover??? What is there to gain from them losing two for one in a single go?? Even if they were aiming for it to not pick up up, that seems extremely reckless and doesn’t make any sense to me.]]

and her innocence doesn’t prove your innocence because you could still be scum lovers.]
[[I’m not entirely saying her innocence or guilt would prove my innocence or guilt, however there was a lot of speculation that if Espy was voted and flipped scum, sus falls to my lover pair. Wanted to call some attention to the possibility of that.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Which means, at this point, Espy is the person I should be voting for again. In the meantime, I am also once again wondering why we seem to know Wes is town, because... nobody answered that last time. Given the pushing to kill lovers and I last second I am once again curious about this.]]
[[I find this extremely odd that you’re suddenly throwing suspicion at me when I’ve been playing town aggro af. What do you base your suspicion on?

Also I wanna clarify that at no point did I push to kill lovers, I only speculated at the possibility of mafia lovers existing. Even if they do turn out to be scum, it’s still WAY too risky to try to eliminate them, so why would I ever push for that?

However, LOTS of things make sense with this theory. After briefly analyzing Sind’s posts, the only people she’s thrown sus at are: Hana and Kent (understandable considering what happened D1), Mike for a brief time, Anti, Bart, Espy, Altair, and some very mild sus of Astrid. All of these people, save for Altair and Astrid, have been cleared as town.

Granted, my idiot brain and wild theories of the Anti/Bart/Reme conspiracy didn’t help things. It unfortunately provided a convenient pathway for scum to throw sus at town members while still avoiding suspicion themselves. I sure ain’t proud of that, but I’ll own up to that giant mistake.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I find this extremely odd that you’re suddenly throwing suspicion at me when I’ve been playing town aggro af. What do you base your suspicion on?
[[Aside from Fuse who is being townread for obvious Anti-Bravoman related reasons, you're the one Vanilla who isn't being suspected at all, which I find strange because I've never felt any particular reason to read you so very highly as to refuse to entertain the possibility that you're scum at all.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I find this extremely odd that you’re suddenly throwing suspicion at me when I’ve been playing town aggro af. What do you base your suspicion on?

Also I wanna clarify that at no point did I push to kill lovers, I only speculated at the possibility of mafia lovers existing. Even if they do turn out to be scum, it’s still WAY too risky to try to eliminate them, so why would I ever push for that?

However, LOTS of things make sense with this theory. After briefly analyzing Sind’s posts, the only people she’s thrown sus at are: Hana and Kent (understandable considering what happened D1), Mike for a brief time, Anti, Bart, Espy, Altair, and some very mild sus of Astrid. All of these people, save for Altair and Astrid, have been cleared as town.

Granted, my idiot brain and wild theories of the Anti/Bart/Reme conspiracy didn’t help things. It unfortunately provided a convenient pathway for scum to throw sus at town members while still avoiding suspicion themselves. I sure ain’t proud of that, but I’ll own up to that giant mistake.]]
[[Espy was cleared as town???? When???? Huh???

I threw sus at Bart because they were playing SCUMMY AS HELL, and their wacky voting patterns screamed scum to me. I feel like my sus there was completely and totally valid, even though it was wrong.

I threw sus at Mike because Mike made an audacious move and it was just weird as hell???? Still don’t quite understand it, but I dropped it when things became clearer. Also thought that was valid in the moment.

Gonna be honest, don’t exactly remember why I sussed Anti, that was during my rona phase so I’d have to go back and reread my own posts. I probably joined a bandwagon vote to say I voted because I felt bad about being idle, but I vaguely remember writing some sort of read on them. Again, don’t remember, lul.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Eien pointed her head toward the sun in the far distance and focused. As it and the earth wound along, it stopped, slowly trailing backwards.

"...Okay!" Eien said cheerfully. "That should give us some extra time to sort this out!"

"Huh?" When Eien first spoke up, Reme didn't think much of it. Then she noticed... everything else. "H-Huh? Is... Is that what the extension were? Is the planet..." she looked down at the earth as she spoke. "Is that going to mess something up?"

Reme... tried not to think too hard about it, and focused back on the others. They seemed to be going at their battle of wits already, and once again... Reme didn't feel she had much to contribute. And if the silence from her voice meant anything, then neither did her.

"A-Alright, then..." she muttered, taking a moment to process all she could. "I won't be speaking in for Hazel's, or anyone's, innocence, but being Vanilla honestly means we don't have any way to prove ourselves until someone else does, as seen by how I was suspect until Anti vouched for me. Someone who is good at being Town is also, by extension, good at faking it."

"A thing to note, it is strange to be suspect of a Vanilla now, especially one nearly everyone has seen as Town. Which... means nothing, considering Jean was seen as town and, well..." Reme grimaced, rubbing her temples and growling to herself.

[[Aside from Fuse who is being townread for obvious Anti-Bravoman related reasons, you're the one Vanilla who isn't being suspected at all, which I find strange because I've never felt any particular reason to read you so very highly as to refuse to entertain the possibility that you're scum at all.]]

[[Like, I cannot remember a time that you were... helpful?]]

Reme was about to suggest that Hazel say why she believed Wes to be suspect, but the chimera's Voice had already started to explain. "I... don't know if I can fully agree, but I'm in no place to defend you, Wes... my memory was already foggy, and there would be so much to look through..." She looked disappointed, mostly in herself.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Like, I cannot remember a time that you were... helpful?]]
[[lol well if that isn’t a punch to the gut. 🙃

Let’s see: on D1 I begged the real cop to stay silent and not reveal themselves. I also very adamantly told everyone not to vote for either lover pair, despite the fact that there was tons of suspicion directed at any of them that I could have capitalized on if I wanted to. Up until now, I’ve been defending Clovis and Pixie relentlessly even against some of Homestar and Tetra’s theories, and would have continued doing so if I hadn’t started connecting some dots.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Espy was cleared as town???? When???? Huh???
[[Hecc this was my bad, Espy is also lumped in with Astrid in that we don’t know their alignment. BUT I’m with Chibi on everything they said and I just can’t convince myself fully that Espy is scum.]]

Top Bottom