• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Defeatist how? I’m a smoothbrai

"Um, well... basically Sparkle did only one thing today: she told us that you two were really lovers. And that that means that we shouldn't vote for you. She didn't say anyone she thinks we should vote for instead. She's just sort of... gave up. It'd be really weird for a bad guy to not at least try to make us suspicious of anyone else, even a little bit."

[["Dead air dead town" means that when the accused doesn't defend themself and no one defends them, they are usually town. Now, I've kind of broken that by jumping to her defense and causing all this, but lol I'm not worried about that making me look bad.]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
"Hana tried to tell us all this yesterday and now Hana is gone. Because she was right," Ebony said miserably. She didn't want to do this anymore.

"We're all stuck talking about Sparkle and Astrid. What about Hazel? What does everyone think about her? What do Sparkle and Astrid think about her?
[[One (both?) of them are in University. We're not getting anything else from them today, I bet.]]

God, if he wasn’t indisposed….

“If I live through the night, expect burn marks on your neck tomorrow.”
"Weird fetish, but I'll try anything once," Mike shrugged.

“But if you’re wrong? Then we’re down a person and closer to losing. Why vote for that information? Especially knowing the mafia could play some dirty game to get us accusing the innocents?”
"Because," Mike turned with a wide smile, then exploded, "EITHER F---"

[[Ahem Either way, we're possibly down a person and closer to losing. But my logic rests on a lingering suspicion of Espy. Which is all but washed away at this point.

I am incredibly burnt out. Sorry, Fusion. Please feel free to godmod Mike throwing Reme into the air, but I really need to step away from the computer for a while.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"If they're Mafia, lovers was a cover," Mike called out, almost less focused on the life-threatening peril of their decisions than he was on the near-zero-gravity physics of throwing a friend. "It would follow that the Sylveon was also Mafia, should that be the case. But we can't know that without voting out the Sylveon, hence why I wanna vote them out in the first place.
“First of all, of all the roles…if I was mafia, why the fuck would I claim lover? So when I don’t die, everyone turns to me anyway? Hardly a solid tactic.”

[[But now that I’m thinking about it, didn’t Espy also read other people (albeit weirdly and almost unnecessarily) and their reads were correct? Or did I miss something? So if Espy confirmed me as a lover, and that’s true, while it does make me look odd, is it fair to say I’m automatically damned? No alignment, just roles?]]

"Um, well... basically Sparkle did only one thing today: she told us that you two were really lovers. And that that means that we shouldn't vote for you. She didn't say anyone she thinks we should vote for instead. She's just sort of... gave up. It'd be really weird for a bad guy to not at least try to make us suspicious of anyone else, even a little bit."

Now that his stomach had relaxed, he finally allowed his eyes to open. Staring up at the darkened sky was fine. This was fine. As long as he…didn’t move, all was well.

“Makes sense. Scum would at least attempt a tunnel on somebody else.”

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[But now that I’m thinking about it, didn’t Espy also read other people (albeit weirdly and almost unnecessarily) and their reads were correct? Or did I miss something? So if Espy confirmed me as a lover, and that’s true, while it does make me look odd, is it fair to say I’m automatically damned? No alignment, just roles?]]
[[Their reads were correct, but they were also all for already outed roles (all night but N0) or unverifiable (N0). If they flip good, and we assume Mafia doesn't have lovers, then we know for a fact you're good. If they flip bad, we know they're covering for you, and we've got a god-damned situation on our hands. Which is why I suggested Chibi double-check you tonight if that was the case.

Okay, actually going now. I keep unwriting and re-writing things and I know that's a bad sign.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr

Ebony nodded. "Yeah, she only sees powers. So like... it's sorta possible to have bad guy lovers, just... really weird. Either a super weak 4-guy-team, or a 6-guy-team."

"Um... if Sparkle is bad, I don't think it automatically makes you look bad. But then, if she's bad, I don't know why she didn't just try to convince us you might be bad guy lovers. To make us argue about that, instead of arguing about her."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[On the down-side here, I’m starting to think that maybe the mafia kinda knows we’re stuck on who the vote for, and were kind of sussing Espy—Espy could have read Pixie and I as lovers, announced it, knowing damn well the other townies were going to look at it weird and probably end up voting them in the process. Hypothetically, Espy flips mafia, then Pixie and I look bad and possibly end up getting sac’d, most likely leading to a town loss because we’re that damn close to the end. I know it’s a 2-for-1 trade they maybe shouldn’t try for but also, we’re kind of stuck at the moment because we can’t read some of these players.

Maybe Espy’s not tunneling to seem more town? Maybe hoping we just dismiss GOAT for inactivity? Idk I’m trying to connect some dots here because I genuinely don’t know who to vote for right now lul.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ebony's eyes drifted anxiously to the clock. Not much time left. And her Voice was leaving her...

[[Time for the bad news--I'll be gone before EoD. Thursdays, I've got class. Yeah. 🙃 I don't feel good about the Astrid vote at all but I literally don't see a better choice except maaaaybe Hazel but lmao at the odds of starting a Hazel train within the next 20 minutes. If Astrid is innocent, Goat really ought to be trying to convince us to vote for Hazel, but I know, he's busy, I know. ><

Since I'm almost certainly gonna die tonight, these are my final thoughts:

If Astrid is good - It's Sparkle and Hazel. Pray the lovers aren't scum.
If Astrid is bad - It's between Sparkle and Hazel, extremely weighted toward Hazel. We might still win even if scum lovers.
If Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle are all good - I quit lol

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[...Okay screw it. I know I'll regret it if I don't ask.

To everyone convinced Astrid is innocent: What about Hazel? Even if Sparkle is scum, she needs a partner. I've laid out the math enough times. Particularly the lovers--if you know that you're innocent, then you know better than any of us that the Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle 2/3 mafia thing has to be real.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Also if Astrid is innocent and Sparkle/Hazel are scumbuddies, why tf did Hazel not make a case for voting Astrid? It'd have been super easy. We were very undecided.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

To everyone convinced Astrid is innocent: What about Hazel? Even if Sparkle is scum, she needs a partner. I've laid out the math enough times. Particularly the lovers--if you know that you're innocent, then you know better than any of us that the Astrid/Hazel/Sparkle 2/3 mafia thing has to be real.]]
[[Oh I never said I was doubtful it was real, I just legitimately don’t know. I want to see more from Hazel, and right now I am torn 50/50 on Astrid and Sparkle for several different reasons.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

[[Haven’t had the energy to analyze Hazel’s posts recently, but I agree that we need to be super cautious. There’s not enough time for me to analyze everything before EoD, but rest assured I’ll be doing that during the night phase.]]

[I’m 50/50 here because on one hand, I see your point, but on the other hand, it’s just as easy to fly under the radar then scream ‘but wait me participating would have made me more sus.’]]
“My thoughts exactly.”
If Astrid is good - It's Sparkle and Hazel. Pray the lovers aren't scum.
“If Astrid is good and the lovers are evil, we’ll find out pretty quickly,” Wes said wearily. “If that’s the case, then…we lose today.”
If Astrid is bad - It's between Sparkle and Hazel, extremely weighted toward Hazel. We might still win even if scum lovers.
“My money is on Hazel at the moment.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ok I just did a quick skim of Hazel’s posts aaaaand now I’m paranoid.

Both Hazel and Jean very fiercely defended Clovis and Pixie during the D1 shenanigans. Hazel also stated many many times that she thought scum lovers was dumb, made no sense, and that she wasn’t even willing to consider the possibility.

The biggest red flag for me is THIS:

[[Wait, why would I vote Pixie, idk, I was scrambling to think of what to do. On second thought… gonna change that. Absolute last chance for to change anything comes up in the dentist waiting room, I expect.]]

UNVOTE: PIXIE

Hazel sort of started the vote train on Pixie, but then suddenly and without giving any real reason, jumped ship. This was before Pixie and Clovis claimed lovers.

So now I’m paranoid. WHAT IF THERE REALLY ARE SCUM LOVERS??]]

@Chibi Pika HELP

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[This would explain why Jean and Hazel defended Clovis and Pixie so adamantly, explains Hazel’s very random vote switch, and explains why the other pair of lovers died first.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I am losing my mind, y’all. But there’s no chance of me changing the vote train rn…unless? @Fusion what are your thoughts on Hazel? I’d ping Homestar but he said he’s taking a break. AGH. I’m still gonna keep my vote on Astrid for now because I think Espy is innocent and Jean tried really hard to direct our attention to her before getting lynched. BUT I DUNNO GUYS.]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[I find Chibi thinking Espy is innocent interesting. Not sold, but I am intrigued because for that to be true, there would be some interesting logical consequences.

See, if Espy is innocent, the theory that two of us three has to be scum should become very easy to prove or disprove: By making every power role known to exist innocent, either the mafia has zero power roles, or more likely, the Mafia’s power role (presumably a doc given Free’s “clue” of two doctors was fakhas to be fakeclaiming something else.

In theory the fakeclaim could be Bluwii claiming Vanilla, but I doubt he’d make up An obvious, weak fakeclaim D1 with an actual claimable role.

If we’re seriously entertaining the idea that Espy is innocent, which I think… is less likely than the alternative, albeit possible, we should start scanning for fake claims. ‘Cause if Espy isn’t a scum power role, someone else probably is, and it can’t be anyone who’s claimed a power role so far.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ALSO Pixie voting for Espy right out the gate today and Hazel also voting for Espy has me extra suspicious now. Oh no oh no oh no oh no]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I am losing my mind, y’all. But there’s no chance of me changing the vote train rn…unless? @Fusion what are your thoughts on Hazel? I’d ping Homestar but he said he’s taking a break. AGH. I’m still gonna keep my vote on Astrid for now because I think Espy is innocent and Jean tried really hard to direct our attention to her before getting lynched. BUT I DUNNO GUYS.]]

SCREW IT VOTE EXTENSION

VOTE: HAZEL

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
SCREW IT VOTE EXTENSION

VOTE: HAZEL
[[wait shoot we don’t get an extension, it’ll just be a coin flip with a tie. Extensions are only for D1 if I’m remembering correctly. So @Homestar! or @Fusion your votes will be the deciding ones!!]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Extensions are only for D1 if I’m remembering correctly.

[[Applies to all days if the person being voted out didn't get a single vote before the final hour.]]

Top Bottom