• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Further: why did you never verify either of the lovers?
[[I was specifically looking for people who had power roles and were suspect. Tonight was going to be the lovers. Checked Wind just to make sure, because I really wanted to be sure of our cop and that this wasn't a stealth ploy or something. Checked Chibi because they were pretty darn protective of DF, who people were throwing sus on. Legit did not know Chibi claimed at any point.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Either Steven was simply a vanilla with a specific hint or one of our rolecops is seriously lying]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[I was specifically looking for people who had power roles and were suspect.
[[Except you looked at me. Which, again, I didn't put past you, until you said that.

IMO, I made it pretty clear and apologized immediately for acting like a dick/Mikeposting. Claiming BP was an "everything to lose; nothing to gain" move. N1 you probably should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia, N2 you definitely should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia. And checking on Chibi feels strange to do.

Not to mention the aforementioned "three RCs" situation.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I do remember having some doubts about Sind/Pixie on the first day -- mostly that their lover claim came out of the blue and seemed like a last-minute throw to deflect the votes off pixie. Which would make sense for lovers! But I distinctly remember thinking that it would be a perfect claim for mafia. They lost pory as an indirect result, but if Pixie and Sind are mafia, the lover claim grants them essential town immunity. All they would need to worry about is an SK kill punching a hole in their framework. It's very possible that those two are missing mafia roles, right there.]]
[[So I hear your logic but you also claimed you had doubts especially about Sind and Pixie.

Why did you not check either when multiple people were quite sure that Mike and the other reads were town?]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
IMO, I made it pretty clear and apologized immediately for acting like a dick/Mikeposting. Claiming BP was an "everything to lose; nothing to gain" move. N1 you probably should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia, N2 you definitely should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia. And checking on Chibi feels strange to do.
[[In my head, you could easily have been anything, though. And I won't pretend to understand a lot of the first day, but you were big on my sus radar for that first night. I thought I would get an SK read from you, which maybe would have justified the behavior? And then the lovers could come after. But SK was a big prize IMO.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[In my head, you could easily have been anything, though. And I won't pretend to understand a lot of the first day, but you were big on my sus radar for that first night. I thought I would get an SK read from you, which maybe would have justified the behavior? And then the lovers could come after. But SK was a big prize IMO.]]
[[There's nothing that justifies my behavior. It was a punt by a newbie because he was upset with another player. Which I elaborated.

So night 1 you read me, ring up BP. What made you go after Anti night 2, after Altair's flip cleared him?]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[So I hear your logic but you also claimed you had doubts especially about Sind and Pixie.

Why did you not check either when multiple people were quite sure that Mike and the other reads were town?]]
[[They're going to be my check tonight. Since I thought I was going to be undercover for longer than this. That's why I fished during the day recently, because I was hoping people would investigate before I got to it. But my priority was checking players who clearly had power-roles but so far hadn't really had scrutiny.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
But my priority was checking players who clearly had power-roles but so far hadn't really had scrutiny.]]

I didn't want to reveal myself because I was looking for some kind of power-role that was obviously mafia or could bust the game open.

[[Which was it: You were looking for power roles, or you were investigating the outed power roles?]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
So night 1 you read me, ring up BP. What made you go after Anti night 2, after Altair's flip cleared him?]]
[[In my head, Anti could have been a cop. OR Mafia could have had a rolecop, read Altair night before, found their SK, and used it as a way to get Wind "confirmed". I suspected they had done this because Inke is the kind of player who's savvy and holds her cards pretty close to her chest. If I were mafia, I would focus on figuring her out early. So I read Wind to see if she really was cop, since cop would be a pretty useless role in the hands of mafia.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[They're going to be my check tonight. Since I thought I was going to be undercover for longer than this. That's why I fished during the day recently, because I was hoping people would investigate before I got to it. But my priority was checking players who clearly had power-roles but so far hadn't really had scrutiny.]]
[[ What I am asking is I genuinely am not following why you didn't check them sooner since I can quote several posts where you seemed suspicious of them in particular, but didn't investigate them yet? You seemed sure it could be a big mafia ploy]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[In my head, Anti could have been a cop. OR Mafia could have had a rolecop, read Altair night before, found their SK, and used it as a way to get Wind "confirmed".
[[We've talked a lot about what RC can and can't find, and the consensus was that RCs cannot find SKs. It's one of the things that made me come clean. The Cop, however, was clearly able to. So that logic doesn't hold water, either.]]

[[Both, kind of. I was looking for power roles. I was also looking at people who had been "confirmed"/people generally considered town who confirmed they had a role, to see if I could catch stealth mafia.]]
[[Which the only way an RC could catch stealth mafia would be to accidentally find the Juggernaut (which potentially may be spread around the goons according to the Wiki), or failing that find someone whose story didn't line up.

So let's move to night 3. Why Ebony?]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[ What I am asking is I genuinely am not following why you didn't check them sooner since I can quote several posts where you seemed suspicious of them in particular, but didn't investigate them yet? You seemed sure it could be a big mafia ploy]]
[[Because it just seemed like every day, there was another priority check. I've explained Homestar and Wind. Chibi was essentially my OCD 'let's go big' check. I also knew I was going to be sussed hard today and wanted to investigate someone who didn't have bad connotations to me, or could mechanically confirm me (I was under the impression Chibi never claimed). If I turned up today and said 'howdy ho, I'm rolecop, these two people I've been blatantly sussing the whole game are actually Bad Guys like I think they are', thaaat would not look good for me. And sure, they may be innocent, but I'm pretty sure they aren't?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
If I turned up today and said 'howdy ho, I'm rolecop, these two people I've been blatantly sussing the whole game are actually Bad Guys like I think they are', thaaat would not look good for me. And sure, they may be innocent, but I'm pretty sure they aren't?]]
[[Fair, I'll bite. Why do you think they aren't innocent.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[We've talked a lot about what RC can and can't find, and the consensus was that RCs cannot find SKs. It's one of the things that made me come clean. The Cop, however, was clearly able to. So that logic doesn't hold water, either.]]
Then maybe I missed this. Role PM doesn't specify but I thought it was a role? Which I would see? Again, I got the second vaccine the second day and barely checked the thread so I only got the broad strokes. But I had been under the impression I would at least get some kind of result for SK the night I submitted that check.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Fair, I'll bite. Why do you think they aren't innocent.]]
[[No definitive evidence, and I'm not calling for a lynch without a check. But same logic as for why Wind could have been mafia. I just think it's pretty sus that it came out at like the last second, and it's at least worth a rolecop read to make sure they are who they say they are. Because if they are mafia and masquerading as lovers, thennn that would mean all our reads here are pretty off, since we're excluding the lovers. I just think it's a really good hiding place, and from what I saw of D1 their behavior just rings my bells.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[No definitive evidence, and I'm not calling for a lynch without a check. But same logic as for why Wind could have been mafia. I just think it's pretty sus that it came out at like the last second, and it's at least worth a rolecop read to make sure they are who they say they are. Because if they are mafia and masquerading as lovers, thennn that would mean all our reads here are pretty off, since we're excluding the lovers. I just think it's a really good hiding place, and from what I saw of D1 their behavior just rings my bells.]]
[[Hm. Ok then. So you were lying about the hint you had to conceal your identity, right? What was the reasonning again for why you picked/invented that hint?]]

Top Bottom