• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Then maybe I missed this. Role PM doesn't specify but I thought it was a role? Which I would see? Again, I got the second vaccine the second day and barely checked the thread so I only got the broad strokes. But I had been under the impression I would at least get some kind of result for SK the night I submitted that check.]]
[[According to the Wiki, SK shows up vanilla to RCs. Nothing is said of whether or not Cops can detect them, but seeing as they see alignments instead of roles, it makes sense that they should.

Also yeah I remember that and sorry that you missed a lot. We got into the weeds that day about the rules.

I just think it's a really good hiding place, and from what I saw of D1 their behavior just rings my bells
So you've harbored suspicions of them since D1, but N1, N2, and N3 focused on already claimed roles? I'm suspicious of Double Lovers All The Way Across The Sky myself, true.

Can we get an explanation for Ebony?]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Hm. Ok then. So you were lying about the hint you had to conceal your identity, right? What was the reasonning again for why you picked/invented that hint?]]
[[Honestly I was just kind of lost for that day. I didn't actually know vanillas had hints until I was asked for info by Jackie, so I trawled back through the thread. I wanted to make something that was
1. really vague and not helpful if you thought about it
2. easy to fly under the radar
3. not actually misleading
So I picked Goat's hint, which was something about an even number Idk I don't remember it right now. Except that I construed it as 'there are an even number of vanilla people and non-vanilla people', so I made the hint 'there is a perfect split between vanilla and power roles'. I think I screwed up big time there because that quickly turned out to... not be true]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Can we get an explanation for Ebony?]]
[[If I scanned the people I believe are secretly mafia and they turned up secretly mafia, then it would look bad for me today. I knew I was going to be interrogated. Sooo it looks bad if I point at two people and say 'hey I scanned them they're bad guys go hit them not me'. Chibi was relatively safe in that I didn't think they had claimed and thought I could mechanically confirm myself by having the right answer. Also doubled as a throw in the dark for stealth town I guess, though not much logical foundation for that.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Honestly I was just kind of lost for that day. I didn't actually know vanillas had hints until I was asked for info by Jackie, so I trawled back through the thread. I wanted to make something that was
1. really vague and not helpful if you thought about it
2. easy to fly under the radar
3. not actually misleading
So I picked Goat's hint, which was something about an even number Idk I don't remember it right now. Except that I construed it as 'there are an even number of vanilla people and non-vanilla people', so I made the hint 'there is a perfect split between vanilla and power roles'. I think I screwed up big time there because that quickly turned out to... not be true]]
[[Any particular reason you didn't simply choose to conceal your hint?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[If I scanned the people I believe are secretly mafia and they turned up secretly mafia, then it would look bad for me today. I knew I was going to be interrogated. Sooo it looks bad if I point at two people and say 'hey I scanned them they're bad guys go hit them not me'. Chibi was relatively safe in that I didn't think they had claimed and thought I could mechanically confirm myself by having the right answer. Also doubled as a throw in the dark for stealth town I guess, though not much logical foundation for that.]]
[[That doesn't track with:

Chibi was essentially my OCD 'let's go big' check.
What did you mean by 'let's go big' here?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Fair. I can see where you come fromt to a mild extant.

No judgement shall be passed for the moment, I need Goat here to defend them selves and um... @Dragonfree @Shiny Phantump.
I think one of you lot are scum. Any thoughts?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Dark swipe for stealth town mafia. Which my basis for was that there was some debacle over Free and Chibi was hard-promoting them as town. Which is the second part of the top post you quoted.]]
[[So with doubt in your mind of a lover pair, and doubt in your mind of Free, you decided to scan Chibi on N3?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Dark swipe for stealth town mafia. Which my basis for was that there was some debacle over Free and Chibi was hard-promoting them as town. Which is the second part of the top post you quoted.]]
[[I do have a favor to ask, among other things. We need you here today probably, if you're able to be more active. Lots of questions may arise and if you have free time we could sure use you]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[My current thoughts. Espy supposedly maybe lying about their claim for hint changes the assumptions a lot.

But Goat also could have lied.

Phan has ket their secret close.

Free is weird.

The thing is, if the lovers are real (and I believe they may be) One of the others is really lying.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[So I’m reading back over Free’s posts and I am…uncertain once again, lol. Aghhhh I don’t KNOW]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[So with doubt in your mind of a lover pair, and doubt in your mind of Free, you decided to scan Chibi on N3?]]
[[No opinion on Free, haven't read their posts well, unpredictable from my frame of refernce. I hit Chibi since they were the player who stuck out the most to me. I've explained why I didn't hit the lovers yet.]]

[[I do have a favor to ask, among other things. We need you here today probably, if you're able to be more active. Lots of questions may arise and if you have free time we could sure use you]]
[[I'll try. Warning that I'm fairly busy, though. School]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Except you looked at me. Which, again, I didn't put past you, until you said that.

IMO, I made it pretty clear and apologized immediately for acting like a dick/Mikeposting. Claiming BP was an "everything to lose; nothing to gain" move. N1 you probably should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia, N2 you definitely should have verified a lover to sniff out Mafia. And checking on Chibi feels strange to do.

Not to mention the aforementioned "three RCs" situation.]]

[[So I hear your logic but you also claimed you had doubts especially about Sind and Pixie.

Why did you not check either when multiple people were quite sure that Mike and the other reads were town?]]
[[Was coming here to point these out but y'all beat me to it LOL. It just strikes me as extremely weird that you'd check people who claimed when you were actively out-loud sussing Pixie and I, so why not clear us? Weirdchamp.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I can't say anything yet but I eagerly await to see what the other accused will say >:} ]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
I've explained why I didn't hit the lovers yet.
[[And I don't buy it.

Here's what I think happened:
- You lied about being Vanilla
- When we figured it out, you lied again and claimed rolecop
-- Of which, according to Wes, we should only have two.
- To back it up, you picked an unverifiable N0 death, and three more already outed roles
- In defending your choices, you flew in the face of your own suspicions and used reasoning we had in-thread determined to be faulty

VOTE: SparklingEspeon

Unless Wes has something to say?]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[ I would like to point out that I was one of the only people publicly skeptical of the Equi bandwagons from the beginning. Even if I did them dirty in the end…

At this point I’m inclined to believe two lover pairs. I am not at all inclined to believe Espy’s claim as it is only public knowledge + a super mysterious Chibi claim, which is honestly making me slightly sus of Chibi at the same time. Take care of Espy and see where things shake out as far as I’m concerned.

tl;dr SparklingEspeon ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Very well. I recommedn not voting yet, as we haven't heard enough, but there's time anyway.

For now my judgement now rests on Chibi's reveal. And the defense of the other scum

Also if Espy is telling the truth, and assuming Chibi is, and assuming Steven was a vanilla hint or something... Espy might be our one town.

That means Phan, Free and Goat are all Scum]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Very well. I recommedn not voting yet, as we haven't heard enough, but there's time anyway.

For now my judgement now rests on Chibi's reveal. And the defense of the other scum

Also if Espy is telling the truth, and assuming Chibi is, and assuming Steven was a vanilla hint or something... Espy might be our one town.

That means Phan, Free and Goat are all Scum]]
[[I mean, we have nearly two days to talk about it and change our minds lmao.

I agree that we need to hear from Chibi.]]

Top Bottom