• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[LOL if Chibi is mafia I’m quitting this freaking game hahaha]]
"They are and you can't," Mike said flatly. He had found the time for a quick rinse, and had also found quite a large robe. He scrubbed the damp out of his hair as he made his way into the room.

"Already tried that, remember?" He gave Wes a grim little smirk.

"Today is not about finding the scum. Today is a matter of finding the least suspicious member of the group. The last uncomfirmed member of town. From there..."
"Endgame strats," Mike nodded, "I dig it. Find the town, and the rest must be scum. But, if I may: why the hell is the 'doom alive?

"We can townhunt and scumhunt all we want after we get some answers from Ebony. Pardon the pun, but they've got my hackles up."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay so let's talk. If we pretense that with Salem's dying words she constantly affirmed that Chibi/Ebony was town...

Who out of the scum group seems the most likely to be the three scum?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"They are and you can't," Mike said flatly. He had found the time for a quick rinse, and had also found quite a large robe. He scrubbed the damp out of his hair as he made his way into the room.

"Already tried that, remember?" He gave Wes a grim little smirk.
“Don’t be so quick to turn against Ebony,” Wes said. “She’s been a huge help for us so far, and don’t forget, she’s the one that drew our attention to Porygon the first day.”

[[Yeah, Ebony has been very aggressively town and the biggest thing that’s kept me from being suspicious is the fact that she started the Porygon train on D1. A good mafia would never start a vote train on their own teammate. That, and Salem had a hard townread on them and Salem has had stellar judgement this whole game.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Source on that? My understanding is that death flavor is not supposed to contain hints.]]

[[Espy. But I wanna hear Ebony's story.]]
[[My bad, I didn't mean death flavor! I was referring to before the previous day ended! They frequently mentioned that chibi is probably town]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“Don’t be so quick to turn against Ebony,” Wes said. “She’s been a huge help for us so far, and don’t forget, she’s the one that drew our attention to Porygon the first day.”

[[Yeah, Ebony has been very aggressively town and the biggest thing that’s kept me from being suspicious is the fact that she started the Porygon train on D1. A good mafia would never start a vote train on their own teammate. That, and Salem had a hard townread on them and Salem has had stellar judgement this whole game.]]
[[I'd like to add another thought line to this-

To my knowledge, prior to the bluwii vote train, we were fighting between me and our other lovers. So if Chibi was mafia it wouldn't make sense to derail attention from townies, especially lovers. So if Chibi is scum... idk what kinda play that would be lol]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen

"With the team comp we have left, the Mafia had only a few options: Take down a lover pair, take down the village dipshit," Mike touched his own chest, "shoot in the dark at an unconfirmed player, or shoot the role cop.

"If you were the mafia, what would you do?"

[[My bad, I didn't mean death flavor! I was referring to before the previous day ended! They frequently mentioned that chibi is probably town]]
"And we all thought sure Bart was Mafia," Mike grumbled. "In light of new evidence, I bet even she would say otherwise."

Mike sighed, plopped himself into a large armchair, and chewed his cheeks.

So if Chibi was mafia it wouldn't make sense to derail attention from townies, especially lovers. So if Chibi is scum... idk what kinda play that would be lol]]
"A longterm investment?" Mike rubbed his hands through his hair, "you're right that it doesn't make sense, but allowing Ebony another chance at sniffing out a Mafia member is mind-boggling.

"What evidence do we have that Salem was a better target than an RC?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Espy and Free, I think. Though, if I’m being honest? If Free IS scum, she’s a much bigger threat than Espy, as she’s already demonstrated that she has some influence/sway over town]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Espy and Free, I think. Though, if I’m being honest? If Free IS scum, she’s a much bigger threat than Espy, as she’s already demonstrated that she has some influence/sway over town]]
[[hecc this was supposed to be a REPLY to tetra dangit. This was me saying which ones are most likely scum]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Okay, so I have a pocket of freetime

Long story short, town rolecop. N0 I scanned Bench. Vanilla. He died. N1, I scanned Homestar hoping to find SK or something. Bulletproof. N2 I scanned Wind to see what side of the debacle she was on. Cop. N3, I scanned Chibi. I don't think they claimed yet so I won't reveal theirs unless they're fine with it.

I didn't want to reveal myself because I was looking for some kind of power-role that was obviously mafia or could bust the game open. I thought if I did reveal, then the mafia would pick me off ASAP and then Town would be pretty darn screwed. So when Jackie asked me to claim last day, I tried to pass as Vanila Townie. Except I only had Goat's hint I skimmed to go off of, so I made something that sounded vague and convincing and wouldn't intentionally mislead people at the time. But I guess I screwed up or something, because it did both. And then I just didn't post for the rest of the day because I didn't want to dig myself a hole and convince people I was mafia. But now I think it's either reveal or be daykilled, so.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[I'm trying to figure out the "Why Didn't They Shoot Ebony" problem, and the most eloquent solution is that they knew a doc would protect them. But that would mean that we have two doctors? And a possible MafiaDoc? Can someone with more Mafia experience explain this to me?

I guess that eliminating Bart leaves our doc free to heal Ebony without worry, except that healclash is a thing and if there was a MafiaDoc we probably should have rung up two deaths last night.]]

Long story short, town rolecop. N0 I scanned Bench. Vanilla. He died. N1, I scanned Homestar hoping to find SK or something. Bulletproof. N2 I scanned Wind to see what side of the debacle she was on. Cop. N3, I scanned Chibi. I don't think they claimed yet so I won't reveal theirs unless they're fine with it.

I didn't want to reveal myself because I was looking for some kind of power-role that was obviously mafia or could bust the game open. I thought if I did reveal, then the mafia would pick me off ASAP and then Town would be pretty darn screwed. So when Jackie asked me to claim last day, I tried to pass as Vanila Townie. Except I only had Goat's hint I skimmed to go off of, so I made something that sounded vague and convincing and wouldn't intentionally mislead people at the time. But I guess I screwed up or something, because it did both. And then I just didn't post for the rest of the day because I didn't want to dig myself a hole and convince people I was mafia. But now I think it's either reveal or be daykilled, so.]]

[[Am I having a stroke or something? Ebony did claim RC, right?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

[[Chibi already claimed, go ahead and calim what you think they are. WIthout looking :]] ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"A longterm investment?" Mike rubbed his hands through his hair, "you're right that it doesn't make sense, but allowing Ebony another chance at sniffing out a Mafia member is mind-boggling.

"What evidence do we have that Salem was a better target than an RC?"
“Maybe Salem was our other doctor,” Wes mused. “And maybe Mafia figured that out. After all, if they’ve already used their Juggernaut, then they have no hope of getting rid of Ebony until they get rid of the doctors.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[RGhHHH. I do think that all the people Espy claimed to have looked at were obvious clears/town but thats far far from condemning evidence. Bit it is weird.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[
I guess that eliminating Bart leaves our doc free to heal Ebony without worry, except that healclash is a thing and if there was a MafiaDoc we probably should have rung up two deaths last night.]]
[[I highly doubt we’d had 3 doctors in a vanilla game. We only speculated that it was possible there was a mafia doc, and we thought it was Bart, but it wasn’t. It’s possible town DOES have 2 docs, maybe to make up for the four lovers weakness? Though heal clash is still a thing, so. But at this point I’m thinking we have two town docs.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[
Long story short, town rolecop. N0 I scanned Bench. Vanilla. He died.
Unverifiable, so no help.
N1, I scanned Homestar hoping to find SK or something. Bulletproof.
Claimed it, but absolutely reasonable to look into it. I'm very stupid.
N2 I scanned Wind to see what side of the debacle she was on. Cop.
This is the first suspect one. They claimed cop, pointed finger. Altair flipped in their favor. Why waste time looking at them?
N3, I scanned Chibi. I don't think they claimed yet so I won't reveal theirs unless they're fine with it.
And this is where I went "I smell a pattern." Besides bench, you checked people who claimed. It's easy for us to smile and nod because we already know and already agree. It's easy for you to bluff because the info is open. Bart was suspect since D2, possibly even D1; why didn't you check them N2? And you checked Chibi last night, after they claimed.

Further: why did you never verify either of the lovers?

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Rolecop. Legit didn't know Chibi had claimed yet, buut I haven't been paying much attention to this game since it began, so...

I'm trying to figure out the "Why Didn't They Shoot Ebony" problem, and the most eloquent solution is that they knew a doc would protect them. But that would mean that we have two doctors? And a possible MafiaDoc? Can someone with more Mafia experience explain this to me?
I mean, if people are really sure heal clash is in this game, I would expect there to be a mafia doctor. Idk I just have a feeling on that.

I feel like I'm missing something but I'm rushed and have to go now so I'll get to this later]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Wes glared at the suspicious Sylveon. “Hang on,” he said, “we only have two role cops in this game. Ebony is one, and we assumed Steven was the other. Unless…Steven was a cop and we had two of them? But I don’t think that’s likely. I think you’re lying.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So here's the thing.

On one hand it'd a weird claim and easy to back/unback and conveniently susses no one.

It could be a ploy to make us doubt the real RC (chibi) or chibi is (unlikely) scum.

Or Espy is telling the truth and Steven was something else, vanilla with a specific hint?

But espy's claims smell odd.

Still, I refuse to cast votes until chibi returns and @Goat and@dragonfree defend themselves too.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
“we only have two role cops in this game. Ebony is one, and we assumed Steven was the other. Unless…Steven was a cop and we had two of them? But I don’t think that’s likely. I think you’re lying.”
"Refresh me," Mike chirped, "how are we sure about two RCs? Was it a hint?"

Top Bottom