• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I think there should be no harm in placing a block on Sind, potentially? And maybe Negrek?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Just popping in to say, uhhhh I am a JOAT but I don’t have the traditional move set you see on the wiki. I have a different power in place of roleblocker. Don’t count on 3 role blockers because I don’t have that ability.]]
[[Ah, good to know! Scratch that then, and I guess we can only count on one possible 100% confirmed role block tonight via Minty's double power]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Okay so, potential powers in play:

Pano-Can follow 1 person per night
Minty-Can block 2 people tonight
Yellow-Things
Negrek-Can supposedly heal 1 person
Sind-Not die
Me-Can motivate 1 person per night to have 2 actions the following night

Seren-Nah

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[Okay here we go:

This is incredible b/c Minty just basically confirmed our last scum.

I'll start at the beginning and lay everything out.

I am the Town Tracker. My power is a compliment to Jackie's in that I can follow a player at night and see who they visited. This tells me nothing about alignment or what power they may have, but it does let me see who went where (and begin to narrow down what other player might have in terms of whether or not they go anywhere during the night)

N0: I tracked Seren to DragonFree
N1: I tracked Yellow but was given a "No Result" which can only be returned if I am blocked, or Yellow is a Ninja.
N1: After I got back my tracking result, I was informed that I was now "Motivated" and could use my powers twice the following night
N2: I tracked Seren again, this time they did not go anywhere (which is now confirmed to be because of Minty's interference)
N2: My second action that night, I tracked Wind/Negrek to Jackie.

The remaining scum team is Negrek and Seren.

The damning evidence is as follows:

Earlier today, Seren claimed to have been roleblocked, which tracks with my reads of them. HOWEVER, they also made this statement, which I found very odd (and I commented on this earlier in the day):

This phrasing implies Seren thought the Roleblocker was a TOWN role. This is shocking to me, and everyone else, when Minty revealed they were a TOWN roleblocker. Now, why would Seren be the only one to immediately presume the Roleblocker wasn't scum? This HAS to be because they KNEW scum did not have a roleblocker of their own. Therefore Seren = Scum.

That also means that with Negrek being tracked to Jackie last night, they MUST be the killer, and therefore the scum strongman (or maybe regular scum if Seren is still a role swapper, who could have swapped Yellow's protection off of Jackie to open up for the kill). Sind is a passive self role. Yellow is Jack of All Trades who performed protection on Jackie last night, which failed. I am a Tracker. Tetra is the Motivator. Minty is the Roleblocker. There is no room for a doctor role to remain AND have someone perform a kill.

Jackie was killed by the person who visited her in the night, Negrek.

And that's all I've got. Unless Sind or Minty is lying, I believe this is our game solve scenario.]]
[[
Mmmm... yeah, this isn't really helping my suspicions. There's a town explanation here, but if this is true you've been sitting on an awful lot of information that could have been a big help in previous days. Tracker is a bold claim! It means you would have had two important pieces of information there that you weren't sharing--both that Tetra's claim was real and that there was a roleblocker in play who had been messing with night actions, which might have had some bearing on what was going on with Tetra's role. I get an innocent wanting to use their power twice, but an also entirely-plausible explanation is that you were hoping that by staying silent you'd be able to shift people back onto Tetra later if there wasn't any further evidence of a roleswapper. Perhaps you and Minty seized on an opportunity to buff Minty's town claim after seeing that a roleblocker had been put on the table and knowing that people would immediately jump to suspicion on them. But my head hurts, lol. I don't know how much sense that makes... will need to reread a bit more on that for sure.

What's got me confused is that you can't be scum with Seren at this point, unless something's gone dreadfully wrong and you need to emergency bus. I don't know what's going on with Seren in general, so I can only hope that when they post next they'll do something that will finally make everything make sense, lol, but this is mafia, so I doubt it. Something still feels wrong to me about Minty as a scum partner; something about the roleblocking isn't lining up. Sind is kind of the pivot, could be Town, could be scum with either Seren or Pano. I'm going to focus on her as I reread and evaluate. Seren seems like the safest vote right now; that's likely where I'm going to end up, unless Seren's next post completely turns things on their head. Which, this is mafia, what are the chances of that not happening.

For what it's worth, I didn't get to pick an action last night, so these were all windskull: her heal targets were Dragonfree N0, Jackie N1, Jackie again N2.

Take care, everyone. I'm going to take a break for a bit to think about things. It'll probably be a while before we hear from Seren, based on their previous posts, but I'll try to come back with a couple more before then after I take a closer look at votes and also try to read back through today again. I feel very Troy With Pizza right now, lol. There's something big I'm missing, I'm sure.
]]

[[No title for your role ? Hmmm....]]
It's Bestow!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Here's my idea:

Minty should block Negrek with both blocks. - If Negrek is really doctor, this won't matter because no one will die.

Pano should follow Sind - Sind claims OSBP which means she cannot possibly do anything if she's telling the truth

Yellow should do whatever yellow wants - I don't want yellow to reveal the full scope of her power but I msotly trust her innocence and her to do what she feels best.

This ensures sussy targets are covered. One way or another we should have no nightkils. If we do have one, someone is lying.

It feels like a good place to start? Open to suggestions. I'll be away some of the day though so yeah.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
For what it's worth, I didn't get to pick an action last night, so these were all windskull: her heal targets were Dragonfree N0, Jackie N1, Jackie again N2.
[[I'm trying to untangle this knot, someone help. Seren supposedly visited Free the night she died.

So was Wind's heal blocked or swapped or is Wind scum. I need secondary eyes on this]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I'm trying to untangle this knot, someone help. Seren supposedly visited Free the night she died.

So was Wind's heal blocked or swapped or is Wind scum. I need secondary eyes on this]]
[[No, Seren visited Free N0. I don't know who visited Free the night she died.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[What I'm getting right now is that it was a goddamn visiting party at Free's on N0 (so far being Seren, Jackie, and Wind all going there N0). Free, I must know, what are you putting in the snacks to have so many visitors??]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oh. that changes things a lot frick. ugh what a headache]]

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[What I'm getting right now is that it was a goddamn visiting party at Free's on N0 (so far being Seren, Jackie, and Wind all going there N0). Free, I must know, what are you putting in the snacks to have so many visitors??]]
[[

Everyone wants an excuse to visit Iceland! :P

okay now for real I'm going to log off and do other things

]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Yeah I'm trying to sort through all this now myself. I'll add in a bit of flavor and then take a break myself. We've got time. EoD isn't for another 30 hours or so]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Things were happening so fast, Steven's head was spinning. Partially from everything that just transpired, but also because it felt like he'd been knocked into last week by that damned Mimikyu. He finally let go of his death-grip on the table and allowed himself to sink to the floor. He slumped against the table leg, head bowed.

"I... I suppose I deserved that," he finally said, still rubbing his cheek. "I will say, though, that everything I did, I did in order to win."

Then, a haunted look swept across his face, his eyes distant. "Anyone who thought it possible to save every person is a fool." His voice was quiet, almost as if he was speaking to himself. "It's better to save only a few than let every last one die."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[LOL I visited Free N0 too]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
((I guess you could say it was Free real estate?))
[[I don’t even have it in me to groan at you because you provided me with a good laugh. Bless you. Also, you’re fired for making me laugh at such a terrible joke. 😂]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Minty should block Negrek with both blocks. - If Negrek is really doctor, this won't matter because no one will die.

Pano should follow Sind - Sind claims OSBP which means she cannot possibly do anything if she's telling the truth

Yellow should do whatever yellow wants - I don't want yellow to reveal the full scope of her power but I msotly trust her innocence and her to do what she feels best.

This ensures sussy targets are covered. One way or another we should have no nightkils. If we do have one, someone is lying.

It feels like a good place to start? Open to suggestions. I'll be away some of the day though so yeah.]]
[[I’m 100% on board with this. Still not convinced Minty’s town, so I WOULD like to see if they double-block Negrek. And if Pano follows me and claims I do ANYTHING but sit still I will have a fucking meltdown 😂]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Sounds like a good plan. Are we still voting Seren today though?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I’m 100% on board with this. Still not convinced Minty’s town, so I WOULD like to see if they double-block Negrek. And if Pano follows me and claims I do ANYTHING but sit still I will have a fucking meltdown 😂]]
[[I'm down with the plan, though the vote for Seren today should clear Minty. If Seren flips Mafia, that, to me, says Minty is in the clear. Based on the activity I saw from Seren N0 and last night, it seems as if their actions were stopped, making me inclined to believe Minty as well. And again, Seren on their own suggested a Town Roleblocker stopping them, not a mafia one (which makes Seren very likely to be Mafia and not town).

Minty claimed they blocked me on N1, which is true, my report returned a result that suggested I was blocked. At that point I don't think there was any evidence of my alignment so a Town Roleblocker mistakenly blocking another Town player is very likely, especially early game.

I'm interested as to what Seren's defense is here, but right now I believe Minty based on everything that's happened so far.]]

Top Bottom