• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[My eyes have been on Seren this whole goddamn time and considering I was also throwing sus at Shini but was hesitant to do so because I was taking n00b into account, same as I was doing with Seren, I'm almost tempted with the same approach on Seren now.]]
[[agreed]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Is nobody wildly sus of Pano for not speaking up about her Motivated status?? I think she’s working on a post so I guess I’ll wait to see what she has to say.]]
[[I am, especially because I've also been going back and forth with Pano. On one hand they seem Town in seemingly trying to figure the game out,, but I'll reiterate again that they seem very smoke blowy in some cases and the fact they DIDN'T say anything at all yesterDay and let us argue and scream about inactivity for so long is just...odd.

But, on the other hand, I was sort of able to parse it for a little bit because I totally thought Pano was our doc from their posts I read. I got "hinting" vibes because their D1 posts mentioned a healer a lot but now I'm p sure I'm wrong there. Pano mafia doc theory? There doesn't seem to be any killing TP's so probably not.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[this might make me sound really sus, idk, but it might be worth mass roleclaiming now. We’re at the tipping point. Mafia can’t kill all of us in one night. It’s time we put pressure on the scum and make them scramble a bit.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I am, especially because I've also been going back and forth with Pano. On one hand they seem Town in seemingly trying to figure the game out,, but I'll reiterate again that they seem very smoke blowy in some cases and the fact they DIDN'T say anything at all yesterDay and let us argue and scream about inactivity for so long is just...odd.

But, on the other hand, I was sort of able to parse it for a little bit because I totally thought Pano was our doc from their posts I read. I got "hinting" vibes because their D1 posts mentioned a healer a lot but now I'm p sure I'm wrong there. Pano mafia doc theory? There doesn't seem to be any killing TP's so probably not.]]
[[Heal clash isn’t present, so the mafia doc theory doesn’t really hold up]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[post incoming, please hold, I believe I have a game solve for us]]

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[

okay I'm just not going to be able to do any RP until things calm down a bit, so, initial readlist, just where I'm starting from now. In order from most town to least town.

TetraAt this point, Tetra's innocence is pretty well confirmed! I thought "the mafia swapped me with one of them to mislead Jackie" was too galaxy brained to be plausible, but apparently, that's how things worked out... I do not see how any of what we know about Tetra now adds up to mafia except the literal redcheck on her, lol.
HelloYellow17She pretty much immediately spoke up with the option of swapper when Tetra was called out as mafia. Which tbh initially made me think she was mafia covering for her buddy, but with the way she gunned for Shinji and everything that's happened today, I don't think that could be the case. Strong townread right now.
SinderellaSind's felt kind of low-key this game? She's been great at gathering information, which is helpful but not very alignment-indicative, but I don't feel like she's been putting a lot out there in terms of trying to solve with it. This may be unfair, though. I've been kind of distracted by everything going on today and may have missed a lot with her because she hasn't done a lot in the circus. Need to look at much more closely. Solid null.
MintyMimixTown roleblocker??? Oh no. They've been kind of low-key up until today. Claim could be skewed towards innocent or mafia trying to throw shade at Seren by getting out ahead of the game with their claim. I still don't have a handle on everything going on, call this a very solid ??? for now.
SerenHas been super low-key and defended Shini, which isn't a good look. Do like that they came forward with roleblock information; not alignment indicative if roleblocker is town, but is a towny play. Would like to hear more from them, but they do neatly fit the under the radar mafia profile very well.
PanoDon't like that they've been close-lipped about things. Along with Seren, probably the most maf-looking in terms of day posting. Seren gets a slight bump for being forthright about the roleblock, which leaves Pano here at the bottom. Where my vote would land at the moment.
[td]

I also believe the doctor is still alive and the mafia used a strongman last night to take out Jackie, as HellowYellow suspected. At this point Inkedust's post basically confirms three mafia, which I believe means a team consisting of at least swapper and a roleblocker. If Yellow's correct, though, they didn't originally have a strongman and instead had some other role instead. I believe this lines up quite nicely with what's been claimed so far. (At this point, they must have had some kind of redirector, or nothing about Tetra makes sense.) I think that means the remaining mafia have to be among Pano/Sind/Seren/Minty, and I'm currently looking at Pano as the most suspicious right now. Seriously need to go back and review votes to make sense of who's the most likely partner. My other serious point of concern at this point is figuring out if town roleblocker seems at all plausible... maf roleblocker makes a hell of a lot of sense, but I've generally liked Minty's play thus far, so... oof.

I started writing this post before Minty's claim, so some parts may be a bit weird/out of date with that.

]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[this might make me sound really sus, idk, but it might be worth mass roleclaiming now. We’re at the tipping point. Mafia can’t kill all of us in one night. It’s time we put pressure on the scum and make them scramble a bit.]]
[[I mean...I'll bite. I've been waiting to reveal my role because it's a passive role, and I can only use it on myself.

[TD]Sind's felt kind of low-key this game? She's been great at gathering information, which is helpful but not very alignment-indicative, but I don't feel like she's been putting a lot out there in terms of trying to solve with it. This may be unfair, though. I've been kind of distracted by everything going on today and may have missed a lot with her because she hasn't done a lot in the circus. Need to look at much more closely. Solid null.[/TD]
I will offer that I was a lot more active in theorizing and solving shit in the earlier days! I'm very tired and disoriented at the moment and haven't had the brain power to offer much today.]]

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[I mean...I'll bite. I've been waiting to reveal my role because it's a passive role, and I can only use it on myself.

I will offer that I was a lot more active in theorizing and solving shit in the earlier days! I'm very tired and disoriented at the moment and haven't had the brain power to offer much today.]]
[/QUOTE]
[[ Solidarity, lmao. I'm going to wait for Pano's post and then try to figure out how anything can make sense from there. ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[So, so far Seren has claimed they were roleblocked, Pano is claiming they were Motivated yesterDay, Minty is claiming Roleblocker, and Yellow is claiming JOAT as they Cop-read Jackie and tried to then save Jackie and was blocked by somebody else, apparently, since Minty says they blocked Seren.

What the actual fuck LMFAO.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[UGH]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana groaned long and loudly.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[ It's possible that Yellow was blocked, but based on what I did last night, I believe that it had to be a strong kill one way or the other. So from my perspective it could go either way... she may have been blocked or not. ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[So, so far Seren has claimed they were roleblocked, Pano is claiming they were Motivated yesterDay, Minty is claiming Roleblocker, and Yellow is claiming JOAT as they Cop-read Jackie and tried to then save Jackie and was blocked by somebody else, apparently, since Minty says they blocked Seren.

What the actual fuck LMFAO.]]
[[This is why I’m wondering if Pano is scum and used her Motivated status to create/use a Juggernaut bullet on Jackie. Problem is, I don’t know what effect a boosted maf would have or if Inke made any modifications in that regard. But it’s a working theory of mine.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Okay here we go:

This is incredible b/c Minty just basically confirmed our last scum.

I'll start at the beginning and lay everything out.

I am the Town Tracker. My power is a compliment to Jackie's in that I can follow a player at night and see who they visited. This tells me nothing about alignment or what power they may have, but it does let me see who went where (and begin to narrow down what other player might have in terms of whether or not they go anywhere during the night)

N0: I tracked Seren to DragonFree
N1: I tracked Yellow but was given a "No Result" which can only be returned if I am blocked, or Yellow is a Ninja.
N1: After I got back my tracking result, I was informed that I was now "Motivated" and could use my powers twice the following night
N2: I tracked Seren again, this time they did not go anywhere (which is now confirmed to be because of Minty's interference)
N2: My second action that night, I tracked Wind/Negrek to Jackie.

The remaining scum team is Negrek and Seren.

The damning evidence is as follows:

Earlier today, Seren claimed to have been roleblocked, which tracks with my reads of them. HOWEVER, they also made this statement, which I found very odd (and I commented on this earlier in the day):
"But we have more important matters to discuss than the murder we all saw coming before it happened! Yes, indeed!" His speech, dripping with venom, paused a moment, if only for dramatic effect. "Would anyone care to reveal why they chose to interfere with me last night? Perhaps you thought to protect the purrloin, hmmm? But it appears that, while someone wasted both their night and mine, their efforts were fruitless anyway! Congratulations, you've just deprived the group of three useful abilities for a night!
This phrasing implies Seren thought the Roleblocker was a TOWN role. This is shocking to me, and everyone else, when Minty revealed they were a TOWN roleblocker. Now, why would Seren be the only one to immediately presume the Roleblocker wasn't scum? This HAS to be because they KNEW scum did not have a roleblocker of their own. Therefore Seren = Scum.

That also means that with Negrek being tracked to Jackie last night, they MUST be the killer, and therefore the scum strongman (or maybe regular scum if Seren is still a role swapper, who could have swapped Yellow's protection off of Jackie to open up for the kill). Sind is a passive self role. Yellow is Jack of All Trades who performed protection on Jackie last night, which failed. I am a Tracker. Tetra is the Motivator. Minty is the Roleblocker. There is no room for a doctor role to remain AND have someone perform a kill.

Jackie was killed by the person who visited her in the night, Negrek.

And that's all I've got. Unless Sind or Minty is lying, I believe this is our game solve scenario.]]

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[ Will address the rest of the post once I properly take it in, but: I'm the doctor, and I protected Jackie last night. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I Buy it. I voted Wind anyway]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[
[[ Will address the rest of the post once I properly take it in, but: I'm the doctor, and I protected Jackie last night. ]]
spicy]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess I'll see the attempts at defense. But Yellow already protected jackie and heal clash isn't here. whats going on]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Y'ALL I'M GONNA THROW UP LMFAO]]

Top Bottom