• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[The main thing that bothers me right now is Tetra's inconsistency. She's super mad at Free for voting for her 'for no reason' but not at Wind for a factually wrong reason? She came under flak for being absent, then says she doesn't trust me for my absence? She voted for someone I'm certain is a townie which could "seriously mess up towns chances at victory" and now she's on about how voting for her is sus when there's no more hard evidence she's town that for anyone else?

Anyway, Free's posts as May have perfectly consistent reasoning, and I will stake my reputation as a player on her being Town.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Aye. I will rephrase. Voting and sussing are not the same.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[And I think my last post clarified because Free has not retracted while Wind retracted their vote, haha]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven pondered for a moment at the Mademoiselle's announcement. "It seems as if we'll be taking our chances with our mystery murderers tonight, then. That means one of us will not be here to discuss tomorrow's proceedings."

"In light of that, I'll at least lay out my completely-baseless reads on each of you, despite the fact that I don't like any of you to begin with. At least then, should I be the one to not wake, you'll know what I was most likely going to contribute."

He cleared his throat, and a sour look crossed his face, as if what he was about to say pained him greatly. "I'm inclined to think the Goomy, the Sableye, the Gardevoir, and the Mimikyu are all playing this game with the intention to survive and find the killers."

He paused, not entirely sure how to phrase the next part of his list. "Those who are less trustworthy in my eyes, perhaps fall into two groups. The Flygon and the Phantump are one group, and the Meowstic and the Purrloin are another group. I should think if any member of one group is outed as scum, the other group is most likely cleared, while their partner should be under immediate suspicion."

"The only party who I cannot figure out what group they are a part of, but also I do not trust, is the Espeon. I should hope they come tomorrow with something useful if they're so proud of themselves at playing this game."

"Am I right about any of this? Absolutely not. If I die tonight, does that prove anything? Absolutely not. It simply doesn't sit right with me to leave here with words unsaid."

[[Pano's completely uninformed Day1 "who the fuck knows, she was already hella wrong once this game" readlist:

Feels town-ish? Shinji, Minty, Seren, Sind
Conditional sus pairs: Tetra and Windskull, and Free and Jackie
Sus b/c I don't know what to do with them and we probably have three mafia: Yellow

good luck tonight everybody! lol ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I genuinely just. I don't kow what I can say in my defense. I have a role that can help my fellow town players. But I don't want mafia to know the roles. Like? I genuinely truly don't know what I'm expected to do or say? Anything I can say can be dimissed.
"What do you mean, can be dismissed? I'm not voting for you because I expect you to prove who you are, I'm saying you haven't been acting like someone who really has a useful role. If you'd reacted earlier like you really thought your role was that helpful, trying to persuade us why we should keep you around, then fine, I'd have backed off. Instead you just acted like you were cornered and didn't have time to make something up."

May took a deep breath. Her heart was still pounding, her skin hot. "It doesn't look like we're actually eliminating you now anyway since nobody else can see it for some reason, so by now if you were innocent saying anything about your role wouldn't help. But I'm suspicious of you for before."

She clenched her tiny fists, looking down. She was right. She felt it in her bones. Probably another person would die tonight, and keep dying, because nobody would agree with her.

And yet, she couldn't help but feel a sickening kind of relief.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"What do you mean, can be dismissed? I'm not voting for you because I expect you to prove who you are, I'm saying you haven't been acting like someone who really has a useful role. If you'd reacted earlier like you really thought your role was that helpful, trying to persuade us why we should keep you around, then fine, I'd have backed off. Instead you just acted like you were cornered and didn't have time to make something up."

May took a deep breath. Her heart was still pounding, her skin hot. "It doesn't look like we're actually eliminating you now anyway since nobody else can see it for some reason, so by now if you were innocent saying anything about your role wouldn't help. But I'm suspicious of you for before."

She clenched her tiny fists, looking down. She was right. She felt it in her bones. Probably another person would die tonight, and keep dying, because nobody would agree with her.

And yet, she couldn't help but feel a sickening kind of relief.
"I don't disagree with you," said Steven. "But there's not much that can be done with so little time left and so many votes to abstain. It's definitely surprising that with pressure of a mounting vote over her head, the Flygon didn't reveal their role or at least try to offer more reason as to why we shouldn't vote for her tonight. If her role were that critical, revealing it would stop our vote, and then if there were a player with protective powers, they could protect her for the night."

"The whole basis of our abstaining the vote is to gather more information. If the Flygon could live for just one more night, that would be enough, no?"

[[Just adding in that in a previous game under threat of a town lynch, Tetra *did* reveal her role which basically made her a sitting duck, not even that it was a power role but one that was of negative utility. If her role is so critical now, why not do more? Heck, even a false-claim is usually enough to stay a town vote on Day1, see Abra's Doc claim in Blu's game.

Again, I don't think there's anything that can be done tonight, but I still can't shake the feeling that something is off with Jackie's posts as well. Asks others to abstain, then votes for Tetra in the same post to "break a potential tie", then agrees with Free, but then votes to abstain in the end instead?

Is my conditional read list off and *both* Jackie and Tetra are suspect, and Free and Wind are not?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ok I am here omg I am so sorry.

I gave a really brief skim of everything, so I might be missing details—actually scratch that, I know I’m missing details, but by the time I can comb back through and actually read everything, the day will be over. So please bare with me.

I am side-eying Tetra a little bit for her aggressive voting—however, this does line up with her play in previous games so far. She has always been one of the first players to gun for people and try to pry out answers. So, minor side-eye, but not enough for me to be actively sus just yet.

I honestly don’t have any solid reads because today was so quiet, but I’ll go off just general vibes for the moment.

Town-ish vibes:
Free
Sind (?)
Tetra (?)
Uhhh I forget their name but the Goomy RPer

Null: literally everyone else lol. And even my town reads are so extremely tentative because I just don’t knowww what to think agh.

Might try to sneak in another post, I feel like I have more to say but I am scatterbrained and multitasking so Idk)

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[My mediocre play is just that. Caught up frantically by skimming hard, posted while tired and frustrated. Taking a break during the night phase will hopefully be enough for me to unfuck my reads.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[OHJEEZ I ALMOST FORGOT IM SORRY

Vote: Abstain]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I am side-eying Tetra a little bit for her aggressive voting—however, this does line up with her play in previous games so far. She has always been one of the first players to gun for people and try to pry out answers. So, minor side-eye, but not enough for me to be actively sus just yet.
"But she didn't do that! She was vague and waffly and not voicing any serious suspicion of anyone until I started accusing her for real, and only then did she suddenly go into rage mode accusing anyone and everyone. Seriously, doesn't anyone else see it?"

[[OOC, one of the reasons I didn't like her play at the beginning was actually that it felt more cautious than her town play in previous games! Obviously hard to mention in-character but.

And while I'm letting myself speak OOC about meta, like Pano just pointed out, her absolute refusal to make even a vague roleclaim under major pressure is also inconsistent with how she acted in the second anniversary mafia.]]

May glanced at the Purrloin. "I don't really see why you all are suspicious of her. I think it just seems like she zoned out. I don't think it feels like she's driven by some kind of agenda. If she was scheming with other people, I don't think she'd be acting this way."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
((liteally just got home. Don't have time for a full post. Just going to say right now free is giving me good vibes and Steven and uA are giving me neutral good. Don't have time to think over everything else so I'll have to do that on day 2 if I live.))

Night 1

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Time was up. The grandfather clock chimed and a faint rumbling could be felt beneath the players. However, a decision was reached and Mademoiselle looked almost disappointed. "How anticlimactic," she muttered. "Very well then. All of you are free to return to your rooms. Tomorrow, you will meet here at the same time and continue your investigations." She turned to face the glass doors, slowly opening her wings. She briefly paused to say, "Best of luck to all of you. Don't make me clean up another mess tonight."

And with that, Mademoiselle took off into the night, leaving everyone else behind in the darkness.
-
FINAL VOTE TALLY

6—Abstain (unrepentantAuthor, Flyg0n, MintyMimix, Sinderella, ShiniGojira, HelloYellow17)
1—Flyg0n (Dragonfree)
1—unrepentantAuthor (Panoramic_Vacuum)

2—No Vote (Seren, windskull)

Day 2 will begin in 48 hours.

Day 2

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
May woke with a start, her room dark. Somewhere in the darkness, a shadow was moving.

"Who's there?" she said, heart hammering, pulling the sheets closer. As if they'd protect her.

There was no answer from the dark, only an awful silence. Her lungs were full of suffocating lead. She was a Pokémon, right? Wasn't she supposed to have psychic powers?

She scrambled mentally to get a hold of something that seemed just within her reach but dissolved as she tried to pull on it. The shadow was moving closer, still impossible to make out.

"It's a stupid game!" she snapped fiercely at the air, hating the shake in her voice. "Just come out and do it if you're going to!"

Her heart thundered in her ears. Would it hurt? What would happen? Nobody was really dying, nobody was really dying, but was this how--

The mansion creaked with anticipation as each player made their way towards the dinning hall. Waiting for them on her perch was Mademoiselle, holding another ribbon in her talons. Pearly white. Just like the bisharp's.

Mademoiselle shook her head as she placed the ribbon alongside the bisharp's in the silver box. "I told you not to leave me with another mess to clean up but it is what it is," she said gesturing to the small stand with the glass figures. Another one had been haphazardly removed from the board, its pieces scattered across the floor alongside the fragments of the bisharp figurine. Investigating the new shards or looking to see which figures remained revealed the newest victim of the mansion: the meowstic.
-
May Victoria Wallace (Dragonfree) has been eliminated. She was Innocent.
Night 2 will begin in
48 hours.
PLAYER LIST

CHARACTER
SPECIES
PLAYER
Loïc​
Mimikyu​
Diamond​
Sableye​
Anti Bravoman​
Phantump​
Steven Stone​
Empoleon​
Zen
Bisharp
Hana​
Flygon​
Professor Eleos​
Gardevoir​
Litno​
Goomy​
Salem Weir​
Purrloin​
May Victoria Wallace
Meowstic
Neo​
Espeon​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[yooo what the heck]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I had a whole post typed too.... this does make me think we may have some unusual third party, like arsonist?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I had a whole post typed too.... this does make me think we may have some unusual third party, like arsonist?]]
[[can you explain why? There was only one death, right? Why would this mean there’s an unusual third party?

Not that I’m doubting the existence of one. I’d just like to hear more of your reasoning.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven grimaced at the ribbon in the Madam's talons. And here he thought he'd finally found someone in this godforsaken mansion that wasn't a total imbecile. Absurd. This was absurd.

Immediately, he wheeled to face the Flygon. "You have an awful lot of explaining to do. First off, why is the Mewostic dead and you're not? Second, why would you jump immediately to assume a third party kill? How can you know this wasn't a scum kill just like the previous night?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Steven grimaced at the ribbon in the Madam's talons. And here he thought he'd finally found someone in this godforsaken mansion that wasn't a total imbecile. Absurd. This was absurd.

Immediately, he wheeled to face the Flygon. "You have an awful lot of explaining to do. First off, why is the Mewostic dead and you're not? Second, why would you jump immediately to assume a third party kill? How can you know this wasn't a scum kill just like the previous night?"
Hana waved her claws frantically in the air in a pacifying motion. "I just meant that because only one person has died each night, not two! So Either the serial killer is waiting or we have someone who can't nightkill. I had nothing to do with this!"

[[Gah sorry, I don't mean Free was third party killed, I meant that because there was one death it means there might not be an SK]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Hana waved her claws frantically in the air in a pacifying motion. "I just meant that because only one person has died each night, not two! So Either the serial killer is waiting or we have someone who can't nightkill. I had nothing to do with this!"

[[Gah sorry, I don't mean Free was third party killed, I meant that because there was one death it means there might not be an SK]]
[[Ahhh I see. Still though…I don’t think it’s safe to rule it out yet. There could be conditions as to why there haven’t been multiple deaths yet.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Ahhh I see. Still though…I don’t think it’s safe to rule it out yet. There could be conditions as to why there haven’t been multiple deaths yet.]]
[[For sure! this is my point precisely, there may be an arsonist and something else weird at play, if there is a third party.]]

Top Bottom