• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I didn't read anyone officially yet.

I threw out susses. I genuinely don't even care if I die. I'm a town and I know this. There's no good reason to vote for anyone yet. ANyways that sounded way more like a request to vote to abstain so fine, since you meant it as a vote.

Vote: abstain.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven stood baffled that the Purrloin finally spoke. He looked again at the clock and at the vote tally. What had taken them so long to speak up? And then only to say vote to abstain? And then cast a vote anyway?

Surely they had to gather more information, but without taking out a scum player that day, that meant for sure another townsperson would be killed in the night. Unless there was a townsperson whose ability was to protect one of their own.

Was there any information regarding if the scum could kill every night in a game this small? Was there anyone in the town with power of protection, so that the Flygon could reveal their role and if it was actually that valuable, be spared for another night?

Frankly, he was getting angry that it had taken this long in the day to get to this point. And it seemed like everyone else was getting angry as well. What on earth was going on?

"To the Purrloin," he finally said, sounding more exhausted than frustrated. "Do you have anything to say as to the reason we shouldn't vote for you, given that you held your tongue for so long? The Flygon at least had the sense to claim they were important, whether or not they actually are."

"It's not just you either. The Espeon and the Goomy haven't put up much of a defense of themselves, nor have you been upset with the Phantump for implying you were a coin flip away from being voted for by them as well."

"We still have," he glanced at the clock, "Two hours, give or take. I hope we can accomplish more than yelling at each other in that time."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[To be clear, I'm voting for Hana bc while I skimmed I saw we might end on coinflip. I actually think as a group we should abstain. I'm just antsy about the lack of time left in the day for people to actually do that.]]
[[I...don't follow this logic. At all.]]

"Don't clear the Mimikyu just for turning around on her either. I don't know for sure but I don't trust how he spun on a dime."
[[Wait, hang on??? Once again, I wasn't defending her--I was saying that IF YOU HAD A POKING VOTE OUT, to REDACT IT, because we were getting so close to the end of the day and I didn't want to see anybody get killed because they got poked and nobody else voted. It was extended to both the vote on Tetra and the vote on Jackie, because I am in a very 'we need to abstain' mindset.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Anyways if anyone has any real questions for me other than demanding I reveal my role (how is this good townplay???) I'll answer them.

-Why didn't you post earlier: I was busy. It was my husbands birthday. I was shopping and doing errands today
-Why did you sus seren: I didn't, that was flavor. Random observation from Hana/ I am barely trying to RP bc I am tired.
-Why didn't you defend yourself: Again, tired + I did say I'm town but I doubt anyone believes it, I've seen hown townies get killed immediately. Anyways its early days so there's no intormation around
-Why don't you reveal your role before you die? Why would I? That's like dang threat, holding a gun to my head. The seems scummy.
-
Why did you vote Free? Because they voted for me, a townie for no reason. Seemed very weird.
-What are your reads: No. I don't have anything.

yes
I find it odd that UA hasn't posted a lot in the space of two days only to show up at EoD to vote me. I also find everyone a little sus, its mafia.I think the Goomy is a little sus, and so is Free (like I said, voting me). Sind might be a good townie or a good scum playing town or third party. Pan might be! I don't know anything yet.

That's why I'm not even bothering with a readlist. There not enough information and the game is too early.

]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Been busy IRL and had less time and energy than expected for this game, missed out on Day 0 entirely, and put off catching up on all those posts until this evening when I have no choice. Simple as that. I know I've been a more frequent poster in previous games – I was also in better mental shape for those games.]]

[[Anyway, it looks like absention is on the menu, and I don't think voting for Hana to pressure her into complying with that is unreasonable. I've literally skim-read the thread while watching TV with my partner to try and have any idea what's going on because I'm not scum and can't just ask my teammates to explain it to me. I didn't even notice whoever the Phantump is threatening to vote for me.]]

[[Anyway, like every single town player, I have a power role and am an asset to town. I noticed people claiming town and claiming to have useful roles – that isn't useful! That's not only true of every townie, but it's necessarily true for every possible mafia fakeclaim! Even so, given a little time, I can rack up evidence for my own innocence.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Wait, hang on??? Once again, I wasn't defending her--I was saying that IF YOU HAD A POKING VOTE OUT, to REDACT IT, because we were getting so close to the end of the day and I didn't want to see anybody get killed because they got poked and nobody else voted. It was extended to both the vote on Tetra and the vote on Jackie, because I am in a very 'we need to abstain' mindset.]]
May took a deep breath. "I'm not saying it's definitely you. I'm just saying..."

She wanted to get out of this place. Leave and never come back.

"...I'm just saying if I'm not here tomorrow to say it, and the Flygon's one of the killers or whatever, then people shouldn't assume you turning around to argue against her the way you did means you're definitely innocent. That's all. Okay?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[No offense but this is such backwards logic.

You're swaying it agaisnt me, if you really believed in abstaining you would have done so.

imo when I die I think y'all should keep an eye on jackie, free and uh... arielle? we'll see * shrug *

I mean as always in any game I don't trust anyone but eh.]]
[[Uhhh, arielle isn't in the game and hasn't been from the start. Minty was a sub for them before Day 1 opened up. It's in the sign up thread (which I tried to link when you asked about Fuse's death.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Uhhh, arielle isn't in the game and hasn't been from the start. Minty was a sub for them before Day 1 opened up. It's in the sign up thread (which I tried to link when you asked about Fuse's death.]]
[ugh sorry, genuine brain short circuit. I was thinking of the goomy's player]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Revealing my role doesn't do anything but give mafia information on what is in the game. As I cannot quote or screenshot one could just as easily declare they don't believe me, so I don't really see how helping me helps.

I do not feel like holding a player at gunpoint/gallows point or whatever by voting for them feels like in any way a good or helpful play tbh]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Actually for real though where is @litno ?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I do not feel like holding a player at gunpoint/gallows point or whatever by voting for them feels like in any way a good or helpful play tbh]]
[[Is that not what you did by pressure-voting earlier? Genuine question.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I don't think Tetra was the one to pressure-vote. She voted Free in response to Free voting her. Windskull was the one to pressure vote Tetra, and I am actually the one to be pressure voting you, Jackie]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I voted for Free because they voted for me for no concrete reason in the early game. I still think they are sus for now. - Ah yes, Pan said it well.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Everyone was trickling in, and the comment by the Phantump had struck a chord with him. He had learned in the past that in stressful situations, calling upon each person individually would help to move things along, but such an approach was unfavorable in this instance. He would need to re-evaluate his thinking.

((Let's review the facts: first move was pressure on Tetra due to inactivity. This is a heavily town-favoring move, and based on both the retraction thereafter, intentions laid out bare and a bit of hinting here and there on, I feel good about windskull's status as Town.

Sind is a leaning on Town for me, but I'm not completely sold. She had a pro-Town action with stating the probability of lacking a third party and the likelihood of 3 killers. I agree that it's unlikely a third party with the ability to kill used said ability night 1 (in fact, I'm inclined to believe said third party is likely a Survivor). The nod at the end towards windskull could be a soft deflection or could be just IC flavor. It bugged me a little, but it's not evidence enough of anything.

The accusation of Tetra did lead to a mild deflection to Seren, but that read to me like the intent was to get people talking by going through each individual, like I was earlier. This was heavily supported by OOC posts just recently as well. There's a lot of intensity going on right now. Let's not attack each other as people here, please. It's natural to be upset at these hurled accusations that could lead to being eliminated from the game so quickly on both ends, especially since there's the IC/OOC confusion going on. I ask that we don't bring up past games; that's not fair to anyone.

Regarding Dragonfree and Jackie, I honestly can't get a read on them. The initial promise was to pressure Tetra, but it seems to have been pushed a bit. From my understanding, it was on the vagueness of the initial response, which is fine on its own, but then I then the heatedness of the debate got a lot of signals jumbled up and the accusations got pushed hard. I'm abstaining from any further thoughts on the matter; I know it's a bit IIoA of me, but I genuinely do not know how to make heads or tails of the situation.

I'll also agree that Gojira is a bit quiet right now and all posts were flavor.

Final Thoughts:
As everyone has echoed, we really do not have any information. I do believe that there is a strong play that can be done by one of the roles here this evening to draw out some more. Vague as hell, but if I get more specific with instruction then it'd be countered. Sacking another player to make this happen sucks, but there isn't enough time today to put pressure on others.

VOTE: Abstain
@Inkedust
))

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[and to clarify my vote for you, Jackie, was to get you to break your silence, and test my Silencer theory, which whoops looks like I was wrong]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Let's review the facts: first move was pressure on Tetra due to inactivity. This is a heavily town-favoring move, and based on both the retraction thereafter, intentions laid out bare and a bit of hinting here and there on, I feel good about windskull's status as Town.
[[The odd thing out here is that Tetra *did* post prior to Windskull's reasoning for voting for her over Jackie due to inactivity. Something doesn't track]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[What Silencer theory?]]
[[my post here, see below:]]
Steven glanced again at the grandfather clock, musing about the Madam's recent information about votes. "You know, I had a thought related to your first point and your last point," he said, suddenly. "I agree it seems very odd that to this point, the Purrloin has said nothing. No defense, no questions, nothing. What if it's not because of guilt, but because they are literally rendered unable to speak."

"If there is a Silencer in our midst, they must be scum, and the scum would know that they have made a target unable to defend themselves. Why not let the innocents hang one of their own while conveniently being able to defend their own people?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[The odd thing out here is that Tetra *did* post prior to Windskull's reasoning for voting for her over Jackie due to inactivity. Something doesn't track]]
((Ah, good point. I think I was only tracking posts Night 0 onward and dismissed Day 0 since it wasn't "Game Time" persay. I retract a full confirmation; it's more evidence of experience than of town or non-Town.))

Top Bottom