• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem cowered in the shadows atop a cabinet at the back of the room.

Why was she a purrloin again? Why was she so small? Had she done something wrong? What about all her progress? She'd worked so hard. Could she go back? Please.

They were talking about her.

This was another one of those games.

1239355_OMc8ib6D.png

There were going to be more deaths.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[HMMMMMMMMMMMMm okay now that I've actually gone back and combed based off of what Free said, I have notes. Probably gonna look weird after pinging Wind to take their vote off, but I noticed something I'd like to point out.]]

"Look," she said, sighing. "It's not me. And you don't want me dead either, because that's bad for us good guys. I think we need to look elsewhere. Maybe someone else hiding. Maybe that Sableye or..." Everyone seemed to nice, it was hard to tell.
[[Was this a possible role hint, or a way to ward off suspicion because windskull tossed a poking vote? Then directing eyes right over to Seren--why Seren specifically?]]

Then, with a thoughtful claw to his chin, he added, "Although, although... it seems it may already be too late for you, with the only vote for your head. Perhaps you should try antagonizing someone actually suspicious, or I may start finding that 'someone suspicious' to be you." Diamond casually reached for another shattered piece of the bisharp's figurine and chewed on it - not great, but he'd eaten worse. "I find it curious that, when you come under scrutiny, your first reaction is to try to deflect that attention elsewhere, rather than defend yourself. Hmmmm?"
Hana growled to herself in frustration. She really needed to be more careful about ending up in these games... She'd already offended to Sableye, even though anyone could have been a killer, that was just how these worked. Did no one realize that?

"I agree with the... Mimikyu." She eyed the strange destructive little pokemon. "At least in that there might be three bad guys. And maybe one or two of those other ones. Third parties."

She swished her tail back and forth, almost unconsciously. "But there's some guests who haven't even spoken today, I think we should wait for what they say, maybe it can help." Still, someone from this group had to be suspicious....

Maybe that weird Phantump who had accused her! Why start throwing around accusations? Or he was just one those people who did that. She withheld a groan.

"Hey, Phantump. Why did you randomly accuse me?"
[[Okay...I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but this is weird? Why hint that you have a role that could help town and not just defend yourself on that? I guess I get trying not to paint a target on yourself, but she already started hinting it, why not roll with it instead of trying to toss some blame around? I could also parse this as trying to get other people to speak because again, everyone's been very quiet today.

I do want to hear from uA (provided Pano's hypothesis about the Silencer isn't correct) but I'm shoving a pin in this.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Jackie posted. There goes my theory lol]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Yep, hard sniped]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[WOOPS my bad I meant to tag @windskull I'm braindead]]
((Hi. Still at work. Going to be at work until right before eod and likely won't get a chance to change vote again until Last minute. I'm not super sold on Tetra's claim, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the moment, at least until I have a minute to think on it more. Gonna unvote for now.))

Unvote: Hana (Flyg0n)
@Inkedust

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Welp if thats how it is. Vote: @Dragonfree
for voting for me for no reason
[[Was this a possible role hint, or a way to ward off suspicion because windskull tossed a poking vote? Then directing eyes right over to Seren--why Seren specifically?]]
This was just random flavor lol please. I've genuinely just been busy with household stuff and birthdays and irl, thats why I havent posted.

I don't have any susses but I don't trust UA tbh

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Im just e beleaguered townie who doesn't wanna hurt towns chances and doesnt wanna die but hey whateve.

Gotta do what you all are gonna do]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem took a moment to hype herself up, panting with anxiety, and pushed herself off the cabinet, landing heavily on the floor. She padded over to the group of agitated participants, and, hoping that she'd have the same impossible powers of speech that everyone else seemed to, tried to speak.

1638654313235.png

"Hello!" she said, much louder than she'd meant to, then gasped at the alien sensation of speaking Galarish with a cat's tongue.

They were staring at her.

"Um. Sorry. My name is Salem, and I've played these games before, but usually I get to stay half-human..."

She needed to talk about the game. Say something sensible already.

"Okay. Uh. This is a game with lots of different powers, which means randomly sacrificing players carries bigger risks than a normal game. We're more likely to sacrifice a Town player than a Mafia player, and all Town players have powers. So... It's too early to sacrifice anyone. We should vote to abstain until we know more about everyone. That... That makes sense, right?"

1638654242257.png

Her ears flattened and her brow furrowed as her confidence returned.

"So if you really want to help Town's chances, you'll not vote for people who make perfectly good sense!" she growled at the flygon. "The meowstic had sensible things to say, and I don't like how erratic you are about it. It's making my fur stand on end! I'm voting for Hana."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[To be clear, I'm voting for Hana bc while I skimmed I saw we might end on coinflip. I actually think as a group we should abstain. I'm just antsy about the lack of time left in the day for people to actually do that.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May rounded on the Flygon, gritting her teeth. "Well, if you said you have a useful town role and we shouldn't eliminate you, how about you actually tell us what it is instead of standing there giving up?! I didn't vote for you for no reason, I voted for you because you're acting really sketchy, and this isn't helping. Vaguely trying to direct suspicion elsewhere, talking about how you're totally useful but then refusing to say what it is you can do that's so useful? If you're actually innocent, at least tell us what it is you can do so we'd know what we're losing!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Are you all kidding? Vote for me because??? At the beginning of the game I didn't act right? Sigh

Look first off - dunno it needed to be said again but A) Me mentioning Seren was a random flavor thing. You know, RP flavor doesn't affect gameplay necessarily.
I'm townie with a good power but I sure as shootin won't say it for mafia to kill me! You know what? My vote stands. Anyone who wants townie to out their power D1 is sus

I'm voting free. I'm not even mad I'm just disappointed.
ANyways We should vote UA because they didn't post for 2 days straight and that seems suspicious too, like a suppsoed townie (free) demanding

I reveal my power]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ @Inkedust Are we allwoed to quote role PM's :rolleyes:]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Actually go ahead! Vote for me! maybe you can gather some information when I obviously flip innocent. I think Free/Jackie lowkey scoping in on me, is pretty suspicious.

This is the second attempt from Free to insinuate people should just reveal their powers, and jackie not posting it all is very unusual behaviour as a collective.

If jackie really believed we shoudl abstain they would actually abstain instead of swaying the vote directly against me.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[To be clear, I'm voting for Hana bc while I skimmed I saw we might end on coinflip. I actually think as a group we should abstain. I'm just antsy about the lack of time left in the day for people to actually do that.]]
[[No offense but this is such backwards logic.

You're swaying it agaisnt me, if you really believed in abstaining you would have done so.

imo when I die I think y'all should keep an eye on jackie, free and uh... arielle? we'll see * shrug *

I mean as always in any game I don't trust anyone but eh.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem stared at the meowstic, and then the flygon, trying to figure out whether each of them made sense or not, but more importantly, whether what they wanted seemed more like something good for Town or not. The meowstic was terse, but logical and consistent. She had good reasoning for her actions. The flygon, meanwhile...

Salem got a jolt of nausea to the gut.

1638655059912.png

"You want to sacrifice me for being absent? Every time I play this game it sure seems like the players who talk less are usually not Mafia. I don't think I've ever seen a silent person turn out to be Mafia, actually. Anyway, didn't you listen to what I just said about abstaning? Why are you so excited to kill someone when you know getting it wrong might get rid of someone really useful? Like a Doctor or something!"

She sighed.

"Look, if you actually vote to abstain, I'll give you another chance."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Voting for the quietest player is fucking bullshit and I'm sussing you extremely hard for it, tbh. Anyway, I know I'm town and I'm getting my strongest townread off Free, which leaves the person sussing us both. So. Get your act together.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"The mafia or whatever the hell isn't going to get a chance to kill you for your role if we kill you first because you were acting suspicious trying to hide it!" May shouted. "What kind of argument is that? Innocent people don't act like this!"

(Not kill. Nobody was supposed to really die.)

She felt sick to her stomach.

"Don't clear the Mimikyu just for turning around on her either. I don't know for sure but I don't trust how he spun on a dime."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Voting for the quietest player is fucking bullshit and I'm sussing you extremely hard for it, tbh. Anyway, I know I'm town and I'm getting my strongest townread off Free, which leaves the person sussing us both. So. Get your act together.]]
[[Like how you townread free last game right?

ANyways.

You vote to abstain and I will.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura