• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May blinked as the Empoleon stepped outside. Was he a human too? Hadn't he said he had a theory? Was he planning to tell anyone, or what? What a weirdo.

Maybe he was just waiting to see how others reacted, though. Dropping the possibility, seeing what happened. Who got nervous.

May froze as the Espeon suddenly padded up to her, but he only sniffed her briefly and then turned to follow the Empoleon. A psychic. Multiple psychics. She was a psychic. Could she read minds? Could they read hers? She tried warily to extend her senses, but something seemed to block her.

She watched the interaction between the Sableye and the Flygon and started to open her mouth, but then closed it again, keeping an eye on the Flygon. (A female. In good health. Not him.)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
As Loïc gnawed on his berry, he became increasingly aware of the silence. Even as that sassy duck thing came over and slammed his hand on the table. He didn't like that noise, and another growl bubbled within him.

Bad.

As the Empoleon walked away, Loïc chucked another couple plastic houses at him. There was even a "Chance" card in the mix. He hoped he at least got poked.

Hissing, he took another bite out of his berry. He then tucked it back under his cloak and jostled again. From there, he pulled out the note he'd stolen from the Tall Gray Man, and unfurled it, then hopped off the table.

This was a Lycanrock game. He played this with Ange and Isaur and Solene and Enora. Tall Gray Man and Short Girl liked this stuff too? Though, there weren't any cards, or turns involved in this...it seemed that Pokemon would just die in the night and leave them to figure out what was going on. And there wasn't much to go on.

I try...smart.

First, he needed a pen. He began to scamper around, moving haphazardly between other Pokemon, under their feet, and bumping some of them aside. He eventually came upon a writing area, where he found a Pidgeot feather stuck in a cup of black water. He used one of his hands to pick it up, but became startled when he saw some of the black water drip from the tip of the feather--it looked too thick. He shook it violently, causing some of it to fly in all directions. It even splattered all over his cloak.

BAD. PERISH.

He batted the cup off the table, and it smacked a wall and splattered. He stared at the black water dripping slowly down the wall, then back at the feather he was still holding. Now that he actually looked at it, the tip kind of looked like...a pen.

Hm...

He jumped off the table and scurried up to the wall, where he began to dip the tip of the feather into the running black water. He laid out his note and ran the tip of the feather across it, hissing in glee when he found he made a line. Short Girl was nice for teaching him how to scribble.

He dipped the feather back into the wall ink, then started marking up the note.

The Mademoiselle's Banquet is a basic hidden role madness Mafia setup with a player cap of 25. Days and nights are 48 hours each but can be shortened/extended if certain requirements are met:
This means most of the players, if not, everyone has a role. So if somebody tries to claim vanilla, it's a little suspicious.

Depending on size, this game will/may have...
  • An RP-only Day 0/pregame phase
  • Duplicate roles
  • “Weak” roles
  • Multiple anti-town factions (Third-parties; more than one Mafia faction)
  • Alternate win conditions
Loïc also noticed only one person died. So that means, no third party who also kills in the night. Or at least, maybe no third party that kills every night. Or, perhaps, Lycanrock team and bad third party went for the same person? That seems too coincidental, unless working together? But how so soon...

Being that this game was originally 11 players to start, and the first person dead was an innocent...that means they were probably looking at...3 Lycanrock, maybe? And perhaps 1, maybe 2 third parties? This is a really small game, and the note did say depending on size, so there might not be any third parties at all.

It wasn't much, but it was a start, because nobody was really talking.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The sound of the waterfall was strangely soothing. 'Probably the water-typing,' Steven mused to himself. He still wasn't sure what was so appealing about the type. Either way, the sound and the mist was doing wonders for his frazzled nerves. Not that he was worried, per se. Okay, maybe he was. But having to put up with the gaggle of imbeciles inside while trying to sort out this mystery was exhausting. He just needed a minute of peace. He closed his eyes for a second and...

He turned back to Snot Bird and pinged him. If he was so sure about who was guilty, then he should share what he knew. Neo puffed out his chest. That was just common sense in a game like this, wasn’t it?
A ping of psychic energy came his way. For the briefest of seconds, he wondered, 'Metagross...?' but no, the signature wasn't theirs. He turned around and saw a small pink pokemon had joined him on the terrace. The Espeon looked rather smug, and whatever was left of Steven's good mood vanished.

"When did I say I knew who was guilty?" he growled. "I told you, if the killers could pick a target by random chance, then so could I. Unless a few of our more silent guests speak up, then that's what I'll be doing. Besides, what information do you have to offer the group? This would make it twice now someone has asked you, and you've yet to answer. Now, either answer the question, or leave me alone."

He stalked past the Espeon and back into the dining room. The sound of voices had piqued his interest. Maybe now they'd be able to get somewhere, and he wouldn't have to flip a damn coin for his vote after all. He hated leaving things up to chance. But he hated losing even more.

Just as he stepped back inside, he caught the tail end of the Sableye's conversation with the Flygon. At first he'd taken the ghost for the cowardly type, but it seems he was mistaken. He never thought he'd say this about a ghost, but he found himself taking a shine to the little gem-eater. Not that that meant anything within the scheme of the game, but it had to count for something.

Then, a crash and a clatter came from the other side of the room. The dreadful Mimikyu had reared its nastly little head again and was making a mess, but as Steven watched, a miraculous thing happened. It picked up a feather and began to write. That in itself was impressive as he had figured it was either a child or an idiot from the way it behaved earlier (really who throws game tokens at people?) but what it was writing was the most impressive thing.

Being that this game was originally 11 players to start, and the first person dead was an innocent...that means they were probably looking at...3 Lycanrock, maybe? And perhaps 1, maybe 2 third parties? This is a really small game, and the note did say depending on size, so there might not be any third parties at all.
Steven wandered toward the creature, but kept his distance. This Mimikyu was... erratic. But he read over the top of its disguise and found himself nodding along. "You know, I can't help but agree. Right now my list of potential votes for tonight is just that. Three people."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana growled to herself in frustration. She really needed to be more careful about ending up in these games... She'd already offended to Sableye, even though anyone could have been a killer, that was just how these worked. Did no one realize that?

"I agree with the... Mimikyu." She eyed the strange destructive little pokemon. "At least in that there might be three bad guys. And maybe one or two of those other ones. Third parties."

She swished her tail back and forth, almost unconsciously. "But there's some guests who haven't even spoken today, I think we should wait for what they say, maybe it can help." Still, someone from this group had to be suspicious....

Maybe that weird Phantump who had accused her! Why start throwing around accusations? Or he was just one those people who did that. She withheld a groan.

"Hey, Phantump. Why did you randomly accuse me?"

(( @windskull Hana sussing is just flavor, But i'm asking why you singled me out as the first vote. This isn't a sus yet btw, just asking))

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Steven wandered toward the creature, but kept his distance. This Mimikyu was... erratic. But he read over the top of its disguise and found himself nodding along. "You know, I can't help but agree. Right now my list of potential votes for tonight is just that. Three people."
Loïc shot a quick leer over his shoulder at Steven, before leaning over his note as if to partially obscure what he was writing. As he did, he raised his other hand, which held a few more Monopoly houses.

"Kkkkkkkkkkyu," he hissed.

Still, as bad as the Empoleon seemed, it was agreeing with him. So, he abruptly shoved his hand back into his cloak, and went back to trying to write some more.

They most likely didn't have to worry about killer TP's at the moment. But, still, not enough info...perhaps things were a little different here. Note did imply out-of-pocket flavor changes.

"I agree with the... Mimikyu." She eyed the strange destructive little pokemon. "At least in that there might be three bad guys. And maybe one or two of those other ones. Third parties."

She swished her tail back and forth, almost unconsciously. "But there's some guests who haven't even spoken today, I think we should wait for what they say, maybe it can help." Still, someone from this group had to be suspicious....

Maybe that weird Phantump who had accused her! Why start throwing around accusations? Or he was just one those people who did that. She withheld a groan.

"Hey, Phantump. Why did you randomly accuse me?"
Loïc perked his ears at the green dragon thingy, and they made a weird point. Why did Phantump go straight for the dragon thing when there were two other players who hadn't spoken yet? Something to think about, so he scribbled it down.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
((Don't have time for flavor post rn and haven't even read the last couple yet but but to answer @Flyg0n the short answer is it was mostly a coin flip between uA and Tetra as they were the only ones that hadn't posted yet, but I'd seen Jackie say they were going to try and post. Will try to look over recent posts and post more indepth thoughts on my lunch break but I can't promise anything.))

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
((Don't have time for flavor post rn and haven't even read the last couple yet but but to answer @Flyg0n the short answer is it was mostly a coin flip between uA and Tetra as they were the only ones that hadn't posted yet, but I'd seen Jackie say they were going to try and post. Will try to look over recent posts and post more indepth thoughts on my lunch break but I can't promise anything.))
Well, today was full of surprises. Yet another ghost that had some backbone. Not a bad strategy to try to garner a response. Besides, it seemed like a lot of people here had the same shortlist of suspects...

Then again, the Flygon's defense of 'I'm useful for town' wasn't the most concrete evidence. Everyone was valuable to the town if they were alive, since everyone had powers. What was to say the Flygon's powers were more useful than anyone else's?

Though, if votes were enough to break someone's silence, then it was time for him to cast one himself. He glanced at the grandfather clock. They were beginning to run out of time...

"I'd rather like to hear from the Purrloin in the back. Like the Phantump said, I'll let what they have to say be the factor in changing my vote."

Vote: unrepentantAuthor
@Inkedust

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Untitled_Artwork 1.png Hmmm. Neo liked the Rag Gremlin’s reasoning. He was quite smart, even if his ghost typing scared him a little. If Novo were here, he would feel a lot more at ease around them…

"When did I say I knew who was guilty?" he growled. "I told you, if the killers could pick a target by random chance, then so could I. Unless a few of our more silent guests speak up, then that's what I'll be doing. Besides, what information do you have to offer the group? This would make it twice now someone has asked you, and you've yet to answer. Now, either answer the question, or leave me alone."
Untitled_Artwork 3.png Neo watched Snot Bird storm away in a huff. He flicked his tail in amusement. Now who was dodging questions here? Neo had already told the tall psychic that he didn’t have any information he could share. And even if he did, wouldn’t that just put a target on his back? That bird was dumb. He was bad at this game.

He trotted back into the dining hall, where more discussion was being held. It seemed the little ghost tree was voting for…someone who hadn’t shown up yet.

Untitled_Artwork 1.pngHmm. That seemed smart, but Neo didn’t like voting for someone he hadn’t met yet. He wanted to give them a chance to show themselves first.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[…I just realized I misread and it was Steven who voted for Salem, not Anti. Whoops. Please disregard. Unlike Neo, I am dumb. 🤣]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle listened intently to the ongoing conversations. Most of it idle chatter, some of it pointing in interesting's general direction. She glanced outside, evening darkening into night, it was not much longer untill the deadline.

"All of you should speak up or come to a consensus soon, unless you want today's vote to go the way of the coinflip."

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:
1—Flyg0n (windskull)
1—unrepentantAuthor (Panoramic_Vacuum)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Mademoiselle listened intently to the ongoing conversations. Most of it idle chatter, some of it pointing in interesting's general direction. She glanced outside, evening darkening into night, it was not much longer untill the deadline.

"All of you should speak up or come to a consensus soon, unless you want today's vote to go the way of the coinflip."

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:
1—Flyg0n (windskull)
1—unrepentantAuthor (Panoramic_Vacuum)
[[If we don't vote does a random person die? Sorry if it was written somewhere, I probably missed it]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[If we don't vote does a random person die? Sorry if it was written somewhere, I probably missed it]]
[[If no votes are added made, then it will be treated like an abstain. If the votes are tied (like they are now), then whoever is eliminated is determined via random chance between those who have been voted (so in this instance, between Tetra and uA).]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Please don't kill me already guys jeepers.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Yikes y'all if you have a poking vote out, get rid of it if the person has already spoken @Dragonfree]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Loïc also noticed only one person died. So that means, no third party who also kills in the night. Or at least, maybe no third party that kills every night. Or, perhaps, Lycanrock team and bad third party went for the same person? That seems too coincidental, unless working together? But how so soon...
May squinted at what the Mimikyu was writing on the note. "Or something stopped them," she pointed out. "Don't think we can be sure about anything like that without more information."

May clenched her fists. "Well, who are they? We're running out of time. If you keep talking like that, they might off you in the night just in case before you get the chance to even tell us who you suspect."

She peered at the Flygon, then the Empoleon. And then the Purrloin that was still dead quiet in the back. "I don't know," she said, reluctant. "If it was her, would she really have been just sitting around all day? Like you said, we probably have maybe three people to eliminate. Wouldn't the others be pretty mad about it if she just checked out completely and didn't even try to blend in?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
May squinted at what the Mimikyu was writing on the note. "Or something stopped them," she pointed out. "Don't think we can be sure about anything like that without more information."
That was actually Loïc's next point. Was it possible that there were two shots, and the second person who was shot managed to survive it? Being that this was a role madness game, there surely could be roles out there who could absorb a Lycanrock attack.

"Kyu," he chirped.

[[I'm very very very very hesitant to implore people to out themselves so early in the game because that's ultimately not the best thing to do, but being that everyone has been so quiet I am going to very very very very very tentatively request that if you were somehow shot last night, give us some sort of hint. There's really nothing to go on right now and we kind of need something to work with...but at the same time that's uh, again, kind of dangerous.

Right now, I'm not opposed to abstaining, and I'd still like to hear from uA because they're the only person who hasn't said anything today and perhaps they have some insight, but with a small-ish group like this being unsure what roles there are, I can't quite say that's a good idea either. Thoughts?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

She peered at the Flygon, then the Empoleon. And then the Purrloin that was still dead quiet in the back. "I don't know," she said, reluctant. "If it was her, would she really have been just sitting around all day? Like you said, we probably have maybe three people to eliminate. Wouldn't the others be pretty mad about it if she just checked out completely and didn't even try to blend in?"
Steven glanced again at the grandfather clock, musing about the Madam's recent information about votes. "You know, I had a thought related to your first point and your last point," he said, suddenly. "I agree it seems very odd that to this point, the Purrloin has said nothing. No defense, no questions, nothing. What if it's not because of guilt, but because they are literally rendered unable to speak."

"If there is a Silencer in our midst, they must be scum, and the scum would know that they have made a target unable to defend themselves. Why not let the innocents hang one of their own while conveniently being able to defend their own people?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[think you have me confused for somebody else, Sinderella; I haven't voted for anyone yet.]]

May took a deep breath, watching what was going on, her heart quickening, a sick feeling in her chest.

"Look, earlier, when the Sableye went after the Flygon for not defending herself, when there was nothing on her but a random vote with no reasoning? I wasn't a fan of that, but I wanted to see what she actually said to it. And I just... I don't like the way she's reacting." She pulled frustratedly at the tuft of fur on her head. "It feels off. I don't know. All she had to say was the Mimikyu was right and then asking why she was accused when the Phantump already said it was just to nudge her into talking, like she's looking for something to argue with, and now the Mimikyu's defending her trying to get people not to vote for her like it's really urgent? I don't like it, okay? If we're going to eliminate anyone..."

She wanted to throw up. What was this game? She whirled around towards the Yveltal. "Nobody's actually dying here, right?"

[[Vote: Hana (Flyg0n)]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
, like she's looking for something to argue with, and now the Mimikyu's defending her trying to get people not to vote for her like it's really urgent? I don't like it, okay? If we're going to eliminate anyone..."
Loïc bristled at the Meowstic words, and he hissed loudly. He wasn't defending anybody--not yet, anyway. He was just trying to make sure no haphazard votes were cast and somebody ended up eliminated for no reason other than somebody trying to nudge them.

Top Bottom