• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Free dies so it's obvious she's not Mafia though that doesn't rule out her potentially being a TP
[[I'm still combing your post but. Yes it does. There shouldn't be any false alignment flips. If Free was TP the alignment flip would say so.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Guessed Jackie was cop based on their plays
[[All of that tracks for me except for this one thing. If the mafia thought Jackie was a cop, why wouldn't they just kill Jackie? They wouldn't be able to spread confusion with a false read, but they wouldn't have to worry about the cop catching them either?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[All of that tracks for me except for this one thing. If the mafia thought Jackie was a cop, why wouldn't they just kill Jackie? They wouldn't be able to spread confusion with a false read, but they wouldn't have to worry about the cop catching them either?]]
[[Good point. My best guess is they could get us to mislynch cop immediately by constantly misdirecting the cops investigations and causing mass hysteria. because if I was mislynched and when I turned up innocent people would have killed Jackie, who also would have put sus on another person D3 when they investigated someone else.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Keeping the cop alive would cause more chaos because now the cop can't trust themselves. it's terrible.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[No, I've been Town Doublevoter, Jack Of All Trades, Doctor, Telemarketer (Random Innocent-only Delayed Cop) and finally Cop.]]

[[I think the scumteam believed either I or Free was cop, and figured that killing Free and deploying a redirect would make us spend all day fighting. Which it nearly did until I lost my patience and revealed early.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Which it nearly did until I lost my patience and revealed early.]]
[[Ah, I guess I thought you were cop when you played Jesse or smth. Whoops. Thank goodness you did bc we've at least averted disaster of you getting revenge lynched tomorrow. Bad bad.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I want to again posit the terrible idea of TP Deflector, if thats even a thing? It could explain causing rampant chaos bc it feels almost too strong for scumteam? Idk, I'm not good at game balance...]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Well, what would a TP Deflector's wincon even be? TP usually has a built-in wincon. That feels bizarre to me bc redirect powers are useful only to team players.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess it could be... surviving? last man standing?... x number of mislynches? (that sounds dumb). maybe it doesn't make sense. :/

Could it be... a.. a bad townplay who doesn't want to reveal yet, and assumed one or the other of us could be scum? (that seems less liekly too)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Good point...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So, we have...

11 total players.

9 living players left.

2 guaranteed town (me and jackie)
2 dead town
(4 total town)

7 unknowns.

Assuming say... 2-3 scum/TP...

Thats a 3/7 chance to kill the right person today...

I think that math adds up right?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Actually, yes. 3/7, or 43%. It's slightly worse than a coinflip if chosen randomly, but we can choose judiciously and improve our odds.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I haven't seen anyone defend Gojira, and I think if they were scumteam they'd be receiving more help. My concern right now is directed not at the quiet newcomers, but at the helpful-but-not-too-helpful players. Really hope to get enough time today to figure out a favourite pick for lynching. I can figure out an eavesdropping target during the night. Shame I can't trust the result.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Terrible. terrible. And they know now who both of us are! What if my tailwind/motivator gets redirected to scum so they can kill twice???

:rowlanxiety:

Anyways you make a fair point there at least. If we try to tentatively assume shinji isn't a sacrificial lamb and Sind & Shinji might be town...

thats 5 unknowns.

4 if we assume pano is tentatively trustworthy?

So its better odds.

Means picking between... Yellow, Wind, Seren, Minty.

gggrr.... its requires some assumptions tho...]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Kyyyyyyuuu!"

[[FYI, my time zone's GMT+8, so when most of you are active, I'd be sleeping. That and I'm still kinda new to this forum and haven't learn everyone's names yet, like which one is Jackie again? The player pings only list your forum names.

And I still had schoolwork to do so I've been a bit busy.

Anyway, with that being said.

Tetra, I'll admit, I felt a bit sus of them at EoD but to me it felt like it was a bit too early to vote someone out, that and I'm still quite new to the game so I'm still not sure what I was supposed to be doing. Though after reading through their big post, I don't really feel much about them.

Pano, I feel good about them being town. Doesn't feel like they're doing or saying anything too sus.

Yellow's neutral. Not feeling too much about them.

Ua's pretty neutral, again not sure what to feel about him.

The other players, Hmm, I still need time to think about it.
Picking up with a read list from Shini--different time zone means different active times.

However, that being said, some recent posts from today might have lessened my suspicions on Tetra just a tad, especially because I cannot fathom BOTH of them being mafia--they've kind of been playing against each other and I cannot really see a world where if this game actually has 3 scum, that's a smart thing to do. So my gut is leaning toward Jackie being the target today tbh.

Actually, after going through everything and re-reading Pano's posts, I'm getting this wack ass idea that Tetra might be our TP. Don't want to get too deep into it because I'm trying to read between lines and not make anything seem obvious but :censored: ]]
I pose the idea Tetra might be TP.

And after Sind’s (extremely helpful!!) play-by-play, Tetra is officially back on my sus list again.

However, I’m still side-eying Jackie because they were the first to mention abstaining and Jackie has, as far as I can remember, never ever pushed for that.
Yellow starts to sus Tetra again, still side-eyeing Jackie.

First of all, if I had been able to, I’d have spoken up sooner and said “yo let’s maybe not abstain because I don’t think we can afford to.” I can’t say for sure because I’ve been made aware of everything after-the-fact, but I’d be gunning for Tetra or Jackie, most likely. Free was never on my radar.

As for windskull, I’m very inclined to believe them when they say they missed Tetra’s first post. Because, well. I’ve missed a bunch of things too, lol. It’s really easy to lose track of every little detail when you get caught up in irl stuff. So for now, I think their behavior was genuinely just a nudge to hear more from Tetra—and, yeah, I’ll be honest, her initial response was pretty flimsy. “I’m town, obviously!” is pretty bare-bones. You can at least say that your role is really useful for town?

You may be on to something here. Given that Tetra made a “there might not be a TP” comment seemingly out of nowhere, that did raise my suspicion a little. She did clarify later, buuuut that could also just be seen as backpedaling.

Everybody is afraid to speak up because it’s role madness, so everyone has something they can bring to the table and is worried about getting killed for it. That’s valid. Buuut, I think Pano is on to something with her theory. Don’t we should ALL roleclaim, of course, but if it helps narrow the pool of suspects…I would be willing to softclaim.
Yellow responds to why she didn't want to abstain, and offers a softclaim.

((I hate hail marying my uninformed opinion and scattered thoughts, but I've been pressed for more thoughts, so here goes:
Minty offers some reads.

[[Just popping in to say I'm not going to have a chance to write up that tetra read tonight. But right now, I'm more willing to believe uA is town over Tetra, based on my hunch that I alluded to earlier. Hopefully I'll have time to post my full thoughts before the halfway mark.]]
Wind believes Jackie more than Tetra.

[[Also vote Tetra. @Inkedust. I will not be changing my vote.]]
Jackie votes Tetra

I would also be willing to softclaim.
I also offer to softclaim.

But, I could see a world where Jackie’s scum, made a Town read on Free, then killed Free knowing Free was either innocent or TP, and when Free flipped town, Jackie figured they might have the leverage on that kill to say “Free tunneled Tetra and now Free’s dead? Tetra’s scum.”
I hypothesize Jackie's possible play.

Okay, after rereading everything (and thoroughly this time). This is how I see things.

Day 1: Tetra got a lot of sus thrown at them, with lots of contradictions and things.

Free and Ua were fierce about them, with Pano sussing them a bit but changed to Ua (who I'm assuming is Jackie).

I'm a bit sus for not posting, I'll admit. (I'm a socially awkward dork) But I thought having more info instead of instantly voting for someone would be a smart choice. (Instead I get sussed for it).

Then Free takes her sus off Tetra and dies the next day.

Day 2: Tetra explains why they were acting that way. Some poking and reads later.

Tetra is a bit sus due to all of the things that happened, that and Free dieing. Killer could be trying to frame Tetra or it's Tetra trying to keep Free quiet.

Pano. I feel is trustworthy. Though the idea of revealing our roles seems like a really terrible idea waiting to unfold. (Who knows how it'd go really)

Yellow is the main poker, trying for information and the like. Feels like a town's play since he's asking for people to actually say something.

Ua's inactivity and saying to abstain but votes Tetra does seem sus. But I'm not quite sure.

Minty. A fellow new player but unlike you. I sleep when everyone's active as the place that I live in is GMT+8. The posts I'd made were when there weren't much going on, plus the EoD things happened while I was asleep. But you feel like a townie despite my emotions saying otherwise.

Wind. I feel a bit sus about you wanting everyone to reveal their roles, as that's something a Mafia player would want, seeing as information is key to winning.

Seren. Not much I can really say except for maybe the throwback at Tetra's flavor. Feels like he's been the most quiet so far.

Sind. With how you've been analyzing things, it's hard to think of you as anything but townie. So I think Sind's clear.

Any further thoughts on this?
Shini gives another readlist.

I don’t actually know how many possible Tp’s there are in mafia, and I know there are no roles that are made up in this game (however there might be some wincons and powers that are according to what Inke hinted). If there’s a possibility that there are TP’s that are town-aligned or even just TP aligned, I wouldn’t yet call that scum heavy. Granted the existence of TP’s depended on the size so like I said in my role spitballing post, there might not be any at all.]]
I respond to Yellow's question about possible TP's

[[I'm sorry, but this is... just a really strange point to be suggesting this? There's been no evidence of a third party whatsoever, so why mention it just to say "there could be a third party involved"? And then, immediately go and backtrack and say there might not be one? Am I making any sense? Because... this suggestion, to me, does not. Like, sure, there could be a SK, and there could not. I just... feel like this was very random to bring up right now, just after Free died? ]]
Weirdchamp here because I had already mentioned that TP's could be in the game. This was just the first time somebody outright said "wow there could deffo be a certain tp" and you were very caught on that. Seren, are YOU the TP????

Basically, Pano is the one to suggest the idea, and Wind was a bit fast in going with that idea.

To me, suggesting something doesn't usually mean they're 100% on that idea, as it's just a suggestion
Shini's defense for thinking Pano is sus for suggesting mass roleclaim and Wind jumping on board.

Yeah I had mixed feelings about it, too.
Yellow suddenly has mixed feelings about Pano calling a roleclaim even though she already offered to softclaim.

[[THE FOLLOWING IS MY READS LIST; I'VE QUOTED MINTY FOR EASE OF CONVENIENCE OF NOT MISSING ANYONE.]]
Seren makes a readlist.

[[I disagree with this one in the sense that Pano's been the main poker so far, I think. That said, I stand by what Diamond said in my previous post that while Steven has been poking people a lot, he hasn't really had a lot to offer up himself, either, other than a sturdier "My Role Is Good For Town" than Tetra's was.]]
Seren says Pano has been the main poker, with thoughts I agree with. Lots of poking, not a lot of insight. WHAT WAS YOUR "THEORY"? OR WAS THAT RP FLAVOR, THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW LMFAO

God, now you're making me double-guess Pano. He definitely poked a lot of people and we haven't really seen what he has to offer.
Shini hops on board with Seren. Hm....

I still have to review posts but to clarify, I suggested a TP because I thought it was pretty weird that there's only been two deaths per night.
Tetra explains throwing out TP explanation.

[[This is false, actually! Take a look at my history of abstention.]]
JAckie shows proof of abstaining.

I'd like to make a request. Since I don't want to snap back vote jackie for voting me in case jackie is somehow just a tunnelling townie, I offer to role reveal first if no one backs down near EoD.

This will prove I can't base my reveals on anyone elses reveals or fabricate anything. Or if anyone else has a good idea for how I can prove my innocence without dying that'd be great.

Anyways replies below.
Tetra offers hardclaim if nobody hops off her dick, then offer defense to some questions aimed at her.

[[I often see people say if I die, X is scum, die, and then have someone go 'it's too obvious. x can't be scum'. It happened to Free in 2nd Anni!]]
Jackie makes a good point.

Tunnelling is dangerous in mafia though, as has been seen many a time before. I think there's better lines of reasoning to follow and I'd like to pursue those. I'll be reviewing the thread as I am able to try and make better reads of my own.]]
Tetra makes a call against tunneling.

[[Right, let's see about this, then. I thought I'd have more time and energy today having actually slept, so I was ready to give this a stronger shot, but I just found out the family dog has to be put to sleep this afternoon. This will limit my posting.]]
Jackie makes some observations in this post.

[[A little confused. You cosigned free with your life but you think town shouldn't reveal roles? Despite Free basically demanding I should reveal to avoid dying because they voted for me.
Tetra questions JAckie's observations.

[[After reviewing and thinking as hard as I can and it seems like Jackie is just townie tunnelling? it bears all the marks of tunnelling, and I am hesitant to say a scum would tunnel so hard because when I flip innocent it would put a lot of heat on them.
Tetra keeps bearing on Jackie.

Tentative readlist:
Tetra makes a readlist.

[[Nnnnngh after reading Jackie’s posts, I’m less certain about them being mafia, but idk…something just doesn’t feel right about them and I can’t put my finger on it. Yes, Jackie has voted to abstain before, but none of those games they quoted were as small as this one. (Aside from Xmas mafia, I don’t actually know how large that one was, but also that was Jackie’s first game ever and it’s fairly normal for new players to want to abstain. Jackie is no longer a newbie.)

They are still on my radar. But I’ll hear what others have to say, too.

Sind is reading as solid town to me, thanks to her giant rundown post and other theories. Seems very pro-town to me.

I was about to ask Tetra for more reasoning on why she’s mildly sus of me, but I see she just posted!

I’ve noticed that I’ve been fairly neutral or mildly sus on most people’s read lists so far—which is fair. I’ve been keeping my cards very close to my chest because my role is a particularly tricky one to describe, and describing it fully would severely weaken how useful it is. However, I am still willing to make a softclaim if that will help put everyone’s minds at ease. It’s going to be tricky though, because it’s not a very straightforward role and I don’t want to say too much lest I lose what little edge I may have over scum. But I will do my best.]]
Yellow makes a few reads, still sus of Jackie. Still offers softclaim.

[[Please allow me to claim first.

I reiterate this because then you can all know I didn't fake it and jackie can lay off. Also that said.

Important question for Jackie. @unrepentantAuthor .

You claim you are infallible, and I am scum. I have a fairly helpful town role that I think can benefit a lot. Would you prefer I reveal my role to get targeted or are you going to double down on your infallibility here.

Basically, I am asking you if I role reveal if:

A) that will be enough to make you drop this

B) Are you willing to fathom being wrong or will I have to let my power go to waste by claiming and potentially being targeted. Seeing as how you said claiming isn't a good idea. (Unless you're scum and you don't want me to reveal.)
Tetra wants to claim first, then continues to poke Jackie.

[[If you’d rather claim first, then go ahead! Let it be known that if only one or two people claim today, I think it’s decently safe to assume we have one or two Doctors or protectors of some kind that can at least try to protect you.]]
Yellow surmises that there are multiple protectors.

[[A reminder to everyone to look for signs of people having non-public information and then detecting possible agendas as the prime scumhunting methods. Not 'they haven't posted enough' or 'they're sussing the wrong people' or even 'they're sussing the right people but it's part of some galaxy brain ploy'.]]
Jackie gives scumhunting advice.

[[Also I had to skip responding to everything bc of irl stuff but I know people were querying my certainty about everyone having good roles – I missed the 'weak roles' note in the signup, I have a good role, I knew everyone got a role, therefore I assumed every member of town was non-expendable. I've made this argument before in other games.]]
Jackie responds to my jab about their insistence everyone had a power role.

Anyways I might as well make a claim.
I can't quote my role. But I'll describe it.
Tetra outs herself. I'm inclined to believe it because my role was also spun to have to do with what Pokemon Loic is. That doesn't mean it wasn't like this for everyone but, I can at least attest that Tetra probably didn't fabricate that.

[[No i used it last night which means tonight someone goes twice!]]
Tetra explains when she used her role.

I didn't use it on opening night because I hadn't seen anyone in play with their roles, thus no reads. I didn't want to boost a scum. Once D1 arrived I was just trying to watch and see who seemed mildly trustworthy enough to use it on. Thus, last night (N1) I used it, which means tonight the person i chosen gets two actions.
Again.

It says here that this role cannot allow Mafia members to kill twice in a night. Perhaps you missed this detail, maybe Inke modified it so that it was possible, idk. I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until the next day so that we can mechanically clear you, but until then, you’re not cleared for me yet. Since this is a convenient role to buy you more time, considering there is no way to immediately clear you. Yes, it’s an elaborate thing to make up, but I did the same thing when I was scum last game, so I won’t be quick to trust you just because of that.

This makes me wonder if I should roleclaim. If you boosted me with your role, it would be extremely helpful for town. But I’m not sure if it’s wise for two people to claim…thoughts? I am happy to claim, since my role is not quite as vital as others, but I just want to get others’ opinions first.]]
Yellow does some digging about Tetra's role, claims her role isn't that vital.

[[Please don't claim!!!
Tetra is adamantly against another claim.

[[Oof, yikes. Well I’ll leave it up to you to decide who to boost, and I know all I can offer is my word (unless/until I claim), but I strongly recommend you boost either me or…others (who shall not be named) who have very subtly hinted at their roles.]]
>My role is not quite as vital as others
>I strongly rec you boost me
Ma'am? Who else has very subtly hinted, I've only caught one.

[[Ohhhhh my gosh wow. I can't do anything right huh.

You're neutral for now though, haha]]
Tetra neutral read on Minty.

[[ok, bc I'm at work and can only look at things in bursts, here's a breakdown of tetras posts. Possibly in multiple parts. If I miss anything, please speak up. I know some curious stuff has come to light but I'll Iaddress it when I eventually get to it. Will try to analyze Jackie as well if I have time.
]]
Wind breaks down Tetra's posts.

[[per the sign up post for the game, here's what Inke said about roles:]]

"Given the format of my own role information, this either a remarkable and creative forgery, or it's authentic, and I'm inclined to believe it's the latter. With what this role implies, I am hoping upon hope that I am right and this is real, because I would not want to be scum right about now."
Pano hops on the "discuss Tetra's role" train

"I choose to be optimistic, though. And I agree fully with that no one else should claim today, neither their role, nor as the recipient of the Flygon's powers. The scum cannot know who is the biggest threat. They need to be forced to make a guess as much as us.
Pano calls that nobody else should claim

[[I can't fucking take this anymore. Why do you think I'm so sure about Tetra when I never express this much insistence about scumreads? I'm the cop and I got a guilty result on Hana in the night. I posted my night action less than thirty seconds after Day One ended.]]
...and Jackie immediately claims cop.

[[YO WHAT THATS IMPOSSIBLE]]
[[Jackie HAS to be lying because there CANNOT be any insanity roles right??? IM freakin going nuts

]]
[[I SWEAR TO YOU UP AN DOWN THERES SOMETHING HORRIBLE AT PLAY HERE]]
[[I don't think Jackie is lying we MUST have a bus driver. I BEG YOU oh jeez.... ]]]
Either Tetra's a stellar actress or she's fucking distraught, am inclined to believe the latter for the time being.

[[Ok here’s the deal, one of you is lying and I honestly have no idea which it is because both lies are really convincing. I DO NOT want a mislynch today, so what if we went for a temporary truce? Give it until D3, then we will see if Tetra’s role takes effect and clears her. Give Jackie some slack as well for the time being, as we of course don’t want to mislynch our cop if they’re telling the truth.

I propose we start looking at other suspects and let this issue sit for just a bit. Personally, @ShiniGojira is next on my list of suspects due to how low-key they have been. I’d also like to hear more from @Seren too.]]
Yellow proposes a truce.

Here’s the thing, Jackie sure is risking a lot by doing this. If we mislynch you and you flip innocent, it’s a death sentence for them anyway. Though that does still give mafia a free kill so perhaps it’s a trade-off? Buuut if I remember anything from mafia, it’s that scum hardly EVER to trade-offs.]]
Yellow makes an observation.

[[Haha okay y'all beat me to it. If there's a power like Tetra's in play, I would not put it past Inke to have some kind of scum role to redirect. Which means any role is subject to redirection at this point, and no results for anything can be definitive. Which, hecc]]
Pano jumps in with a mechanical observation.

[[I understand jackie now and 99% believe they are innocent and reaally want us to turn attention elsewhere.

Bus driver explains everything I do not believe in any version of reality where Jackie would fake claim cop!!]]
Tetra believes Jackie

[[You know what I’m just gonna bite the bullet and throw a vote out to nudge people into talking.

Vote: @ShiniGojira
@Inkedust ]]
Yellow nudgevotes

For now: Jackie 99% innocent

Uh... Bigger sus on shinji?

I hope free wasn't our doc.... Oh man I'm sorry it had to come out like this jackie!! I didn't want to lose you like this I'm sorry. ;.; I wish I'd considered bus driver earlier maybe.]]
Tetra makes tentative reads

[[Bruh I’m so torn because Tetra’s flailing and spamming is coming off as such frantic town and Jackie has absolutely no fucking reason to fakeclaim cop because that’s ridiculously ballsy.
I make an observation.

Okay, I'm going to go shower and think about this. I'm glad I didn't have a chance to go back and reread all of the posts yet because wow. I know it's bad to go with the panic but cannot fathom anyone having reactions that raw and real as something faked. Reading Tetra and Jackie as Town on my end.

Two things I will be trying to figure out when I get back: Who in particular benefits most by having the two pitted against each like this, and who has added the most unsubstantiated fuel to the fire?))
Minty reads Tetra and Jackie as town.

[[I’ma need a @Seren and @ShiniGojira post like yesterday kekwkekwkekw]]
I poke Seren and Shini.

[[Wait hang on, I’m not saying we NEED to do this but if there’s a bus driver in the game would it still not be safe for people to claim????]]
I pose a question about a mass claim.

[[doing a bit of wiki reading and it seems that a Deflector is another bus-driver adjacent role that could fit the bill here? Still not sure about choices of who is the new target though]]
Pano brings up Deflector role.

[[anyway bus drivers aren't random, they swap two specific targets. they are extremely powerful, especially in small games. i pray that this means that besides the kill power and the bus driver, the scumteam have very limited assets or town has some very good ones.
Jackie makes another mechanical observation.

I don't think we should all mass roleclaim? Or maybe we should to make it hard for scum to choose a target.... aaaaa

Maybe there's one scum bus driver and one scum and thats it? 2 player scum? ]]
Tetra unsure if mass roleclaim is it.

[[Eavesdropping is my role's flavour, but all I get is an alignment result, nothing more.]]
Jackie provides role flavor. I'm going to gently poke for some extra clarification on that.

"Come to think of it... It makes sense that Hana would just think I was wrong or lying. But why did nobody else think I might have a power that let me see who was good or bad? That power is in every murdering traitors game, isn't it? Why did Empoleon Steven say I must either have not bothered to think about things or be a liar? That was why I got mad enough to tell everyone my secret! Did he want me to do that??"
Jackie asks Pano for an explanation about why she thought they were just lying.

[[ @Inkedust I am retracting my vote for now]]
Jackie retracts vote.

[[I'll make a RP reply as well after I grab some dinner, but if you can believe it, the idea of you being cop never crossed my mind. My line of questioning was mostly to see what your reasons were other than "I believe Free", who at that point I wasn't sure how they could have been so sure of Tetra after only one night. I brainfarted and assumed you were so pro-Free (and fired up about the whole fiasco a-la the lovers spat from the Vanilla game that carried tension even into the late game) that you were hanging onto their evidence into D2 and didn't have anything concrete of your own, which WHOOPS.]]
Pano defends herself.

[[Yo that tracks. My panosteven read is holding steady at soft town.]]
Jackie soft reads Pano town.

((Before we move on, I just realized that I would actually be one of the people who would benefit a lot from this ordeal were I scum - being that I was targeting both parties while mostly just agreeing with everyone else throughout this game. So I hope by showcasing this point as well as everything below out, I can at least try to alleviate any potential suspicion on myself before it begins.))
Minty breaks down his own plays, and makes a readlist.

[[Ughhhh my brain is mush and homelife stuff came u I'm going to throw out a loose read list. Please take these with some grains of salt because I don't have the energy to to review the thread rn.
Wind makes a loose readlist.

(Okay, here's what I got.
Shini gives a detailed play-by-play and read list.

[[Well, I'm here! What do you wish to hear? I'm kind of blown away that Jackie and Tetra are somehow both town?? From what I gather, we're assuming there's a bus driver or similar role, which is why Jackie got a guilty reading on Tetra. Honestly, I want to believe her, in no small part due to the fact that I made a similar blunder back in my first game, with the difference being that my flailing was more in RP posts rather than panic spamming. But there's still a part of me that wonders if she'd still have done that if she were mafia, too? From a mafia perspective, she'd still have a good reason for panicking and not wanting to be eliminated. I just.... I don't know. This swapping bullshit makes my head hurt, I can't even be bothered to try to make any of this in-character. My brain just kind of... short circuited. I'm getting town reads for almost everyone now, but like... obviously that can't be correct. I just... what??]]
Jackie claiming cop is ridiculous for a mafia play because in the event they don't get protected (due to doctor(s) dying, protecting somebody else), and DON'T get killed, they're up for a sac'ing. It's just way too flimsy a move for mafia to make because so much could happen, and it's bad for mafia to aim for a "trade off" like that.

[[If I hadn't claimed cop, the worst case scenario was mislynching innocent!Tetra and then me getting mislynched the following day in retaliation and us losing. I just didn't have the mental energy to fight through that in isolation. Anyway, if we're lucky enough that the scumteam have a deflector and not a bus driver and we also have a living protection role and the scumteam also don't have a strongman, then we're in Follow The Cop mode for now. That's a lot of ifs, though. If I get murked tonight it'll be kindof a relief, but fingers crossed all the same.]]
JAckie defends their reveal.

[[There's another possibility I just thought of after reading the wiki page on Deflectors. What if we have a Town Deflector as our protective role? They would want to shut the fuck up about their role today, obviously, but the wiki page says it's a role appropriate to either faction. We still don't have any information on scumteam comp!]]
[[Wait hang on. If we have a town deflector who targeted Tetra, (and there's no scum deflector, and tetra is innocent), knowing who they deflected to gives us a scum ping. 👀 ]]
Jackie reads more into deflector role.

[[Do deflectors have the ability to choose who they deflect to? Or do they automatically deflect to not- Town?

The second thought to this is: why would a town deflector choose tetra as their target for last night? From everything I gathered she was suspect #1 going into the night.

My chief concern right now is we have no guesses about any scum powers. For a power that could be used to misdirect town investigation rules, would it really be a town power?

There's at least two scum out there. From what we know of town's powers right now, it feels pretty weighted in the good guys' favor... Happy to hear thoughts on this.]]
Pano asks more about deflector role.

[[also, frankly, a bit surprised at the lack of skepticism from the room, specifically the people who weren't present at the time of this all going down. No one is uncertain about this? In any way shape or form? I find that hard to believe.]]
Pano asks about skepticism?

Are we even sure if there is a deflector and Tetra wasn't just lying to save her skin? (I mean I haven't exactly read her story so it's not like I really know if she's telling the truth or not)
Shini poses question.

[[Thank you! I took a quick look over it again and while it's good info on your thoughts from the day's play, I think what is missing is defense of yourself. Yellow cast a vote for you earlier today. Is there anything you'd like to say to convince us that vote isn't warranted?]]
Pano asks Shini for defense.

(I don't necessarily think any of this is true as some of them could only be pulled off by an emotionless strategist hell bent on winning. This is just an observation made by a paranoid person who knows nothing about the other players.)
Shini unsure of who to believe.

Shinji still feels potentially scummy to me, but I also am hesitant to jump on that train. Something that has me side-eyeing loosely (very slightly) is HelloYellow tbh?

In my few times playing mafia, I often note that mafia players tend to be very measured, precise, helpful and a but... clinical? Thats not quite the right word but its close. Basically they sometimes feel like their demeanor feels like a front. I've seen yellow's scum play once and it feels a little similar. But then again I know full well plays can feel weird.
Shini makes some side-eyes.

[[Tetra may have had the most heat on her but I got strong pro-Tetra vibes off Yellow, to the point I was considering gunning for her conditional on securing the Tetra lynch. Still, Mafia Deflector seems more likely to me than Bus Driver or Town Deflector. I just hate the idea of making firm assumptions without keeping other possibilities in mind.]]

[[Tetra's play was absolutely my least favourite so far on Days One and Two, with inconsistency, waffling, and some really dodgy claims. I've spent a while tunnelling on that. But a sensible scumteam would know that killing Free would have me go all in on Tetra whether I'm a cop or not. I can see them deploying Deflector/Bus Driver on her to fuck with me. For that reason, I'm trying very hard not to be blinded by my previous biases.]]
Jackie makes more defenses/observations.

I don't think this redirection was random. And I am, with stress ulcers forming, trusting Tetra for now. Which requires at least one redirection role to exist for me to have pinged her as guilty.]]
Jackie trusts Tetra for now.

[[So, I am thinking about it more and the real question is - who would have killed Free? What did they hope to gain? On one hand, keeping Free alive could have easily let town mislynch me, between Jackie/free gunning for me.

On the other, killing Free would be a good ploy to make jackie hone on me! Understandable, circumstances caused both of us to fumble/waffle a bit and gun for each other.

But why killed Free if my mislynch may have almost been guaranteed? (or at least it felt that way).

Who would have thought killing Free would be the ideal play? And did scum plan to kill free and Deflect Jackie? Which means it was someone who guessed Jackie was cop? It would require forethought but its insidiously effective.

Also, a question: Can a deflector be third party?
Tetra starts asking some questions. I feel like, at this point, it's most plausible Free was killed to make Tetra look bad. Tetra also hypothesizes what mafia's goal was.

Wind makes a good point to Tetra's hypothesis.

[[Good point. My best guess is they could get us to mislynch cop immediately by constantly misdirecting the cops investigations and causing mass hysteria. because if I was mislynched and when I turned up innocent people would have killed Jackie, who also would have put sus on another person D3 when they investigated someone else.]]
Tetra agrees.

[[I think the scumteam believed either I or Free was cop, and figured that killing Free and deploying a redirect would make us spend all day fighting. Which it nearly did until I lost my patience and revealed early.]]
Jackie chimes in with their thoughts.

[[I want to again posit the terrible idea of TP Deflector, if thats even a thing? It could explain causing rampant chaos bc it feels almost too strong for scumteam? Idk, I'm not good at game balance...]
[[Well, what would a TP Deflector's wincon even be? TP usually has a built-in wincon. That feels bizarre to me bc redirect powers are useful only to team players.]]
[[I guess it could be... surviving? last man standing?... x number of mislynches? (that sounds dumb). maybe it doesn't make sense. :/

Could it be... a.. a bad townplay who doesn't want to reveal yet, and assumed one or the other of us could be scum? (that seems less liekly too)]]
More questions about a TP Deflector.

[[So, we have...

11 total players.

9 living players left.

2 guaranteed town (me and jackie)
2 dead town
(4 total town)

7 unknowns.

Assuming say... 2-3 scum/TP...

Thats a 3/7 chance to kill the right person today...

I think that math adds up right?]]
Tetra does math.

[[I haven't seen anyone defend Gojira, and I think if they were scumteam they'd be receiving more help. My concern right now is directed not at the quiet newcomers, but at the helpful-but-not-too-helpful players. Really hope to get enough time today to figure out a favourite pick for lynching. I can figure out an eavesdropping target during the night. Shame I can't trust the result.]]
Jackie makes a good point about Shini, but this game has also been relatively quiet until now, so I'm not on board with that yet. Shini has said so little that there isn't much to defend and doing so would definitely draw sus (hahaha look at me, defending Shini). Now that they have been posting, however, I've noticed almost all their posts contain a readlist, which both strikes me as newbie play and newbie scum trying to seem helpful. Their long play-by-play was interesting, though, and it has them in a grey area for me.

So its better odds.

Means picking between... Yellow, Wind, Seren, Minty.

gggrr.... its requires some assumptions tho...]]
Tetra zones in on four players. Gonna poke for explanation.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[So after all dat crap AGAIN...

Yellow, I have some side eyes on you right now. Your "My role isn't that helpful but you should boost me" was very ?????? even if you were kind of pointing out that other people were subtly claiming. Tbh I only noticed one other person, so. Weirdchamp.

Can't tell if Seren's just new to this or trying to seem helpful but not, but the questions they're raising are...oddball. "Why suggest a TP?" "Doesn't claiming cop seem like a mafia thing to do?" From my context clues, Seren HAS played at least once before, so maybe they're new, but...it could also seem to me that they're trying to keep the sus back on Jackie, or they're the fucking TP.

Shini, every single one of your posts has some sort of readlist. Also cannot tell if just newbie or newbie scum trying to seem helpful, same with Seren. Your long play-by-play WAS interesting to read being that I am kind of sus of you, so I'll be putting a pin in that.

I was side-eyeing Pano for doing a lot of poking and not a lot of digging, but these recent posts involving the Deflector/Bus Driver have softened me a little. I also have re-read your posts A LOT, and, well.

Tetra and Jackie, you both give me headaches, but I'm sticking to my guns that Tetra's flailing was VERY "holy shit I just got fucked" town and Jackie had absolutely no reason to claim cop, so. You're both clear for now.

Wind, idk what to do with you. You're busy, but your reads have kind of been helpful-but-not ish. Not at the top of my list, you're definitely neutral.

Minty is soft town for me. They're being really damn detailed with their posts and kind of pinpointing their own plays that might seem sus, which reads really town to me.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jackie provides role flavor. I'm going to gently poke for some extra clarification on that.

1638981423091.png "I'm too curious for my own good and I'm small and flexible enough to fit into tight spaces! So I've been crawling around the ventilation ducts in this place and going to where I think people's room are, to listen to what they do during the night!"

[[I don't think Inke's read DE but this is very in-character for Salem, actually. The role is named 'Limber', after one of Purrloin's abilities in mainline.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
1638981801114.png "I have a really good feeling about Mimikyu Loïc! This is a lot of effort, and really good observations and questions! I don't think it makes sense for a killer to behave like he does."

[[Sind is my firmest Townread right now, honestly.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[also, frankly, a bit surprised at the lack of skepticism from the room, specifically the people who weren't present at the time of this all going down. No one is uncertain about this? In any way shape or form? I find that hard to believe.]]
[[I was going to comment on this. Honestly, I’m just going to let this matter rest for now, but I wouldn’t be so quick to fully buy in to the bus driver/both tetra and Jackie are innocent theory. Yes, it would require some excellent acting and galaxy-braining, but I know both of them are capable of that. This isn’t me throwing active sus just yet, but I’m not going to 100% buy into it yet either. I’m proceeding and trusting them, but with caution.
Yellow provided commentary on the fight, only interjecting with a few jibes and questions when Tetra suggested a TP involved. Seems pretty genuine though the pokes at Pano can be viewed as a play in trying to know what role Pano has, trying to get info on a potential threat maybe?
Hello yes, my questioning of Pano D1 was in direct response to Pano saying something about “well I know who’s in my pool to vote for” and then never following up on that. She very blatantly dodged my question when I asked her what she meant, and still has not given any further explanation.
Weirdchamp here because I had already mentioned that TP's could be in the game. This was just the first time somebody outright said "wow there could deffo be a certain tp" and you were very caught on that. Seren, are YOU the TP????
I think Seren was trying to argue for Tetra’s case, in that “If Tetra is the TP, why would she go out of her way to bring it up?” Which, honestly, fair point. If you’re a TP, it would be a pretty terrible play to just bring it up out of the blue like that.
Yellow suddenly has mixed feelings about Pano calling a roleclaim even though she already offered to softclaim.
Nono, let me clarify! I was referring to the fact that I had mixed feelings initially when Pano proposed the idea. It was a blend of “well asking everyone to claim is a terrible idea and definitely something scum would want us to do” and “well we aren’t gonna get anywhere until someone breaks the ice.”
Seren says Pano has been the main poker, with thoughts I agree with. Lots of poking, not a lot of insight. WHAT WAS YOUR "THEORY"? OR WAS THAT RP FLAVOR, THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW LMFAO
YES THIS. Why is nobody else questioning this?
>My role is not quite as vital as others
>I strongly rec you boost me
Ma'am? Who else has very subtly hinted, I've only caught one.
Aaaand I was referring to the one you’ve noticed, lol. Although, after reading through again, I’m less sure about whether they were actually hinting at their role or if we’ve both been reading too much into it. Hmm.

Now, I’m seeing a lot of people side-eye me now, and I’d like to hear some explanations and address the ones that have been given:

“Not saying anything helpful” I was literally the first person to offer to softclaim. You all told me not to but now you’re side-eying me for not saying anything more? I am confusion. I don’t know what y’all are asking of me, here.

Yellow, I have some side eyes on you right now. Your "My role isn't that helpful but you should boost me" was very ?????? even if you were kind of pointing out that other people were subtly claiming. Tbh I only noticed one other person, so. Weirdchamp.

Ok yeahhhh I realize that was a weirdly contradictory sentence haha. Ugh this is really hard for me to clarify without full-on claiming because my role is difficult to describe. Basically what I mean by “less helpful” is that it isn’t quite as straightforward or traditional as other roles. So, “less vital” was maybe poor wording on my part; all I was trying to say is that I have a good role, but not one as crucial as Jackie’s Role Cop.

However, due to the limitations of my role, getting a boost from Tetra would be extremely beneficial for town. However, I’m not gonna push her to boost me—it’s all up to her and I am more than happy to let her give that to someone else. I just got really excited when she shared that because I think we would make an awesome combo. Though to be fair, everyone with a town-helpful role could probably say that, lol. I just got carried away.

Anyways, you guys have no idea how hard I am kicking myself for not being present at EoD on D1 because I feel like I could have helped a lot, but I wasn’t there and frankly I’m beating myself up pretty harshly for most of my decisions I’ve made this game. Seems I’m not capable of actually doing a good job with whatever role I’m given. 🙃

That’s probably my cue to leave it at that because gremlins are reading their heads again. I’m happy to answer more questions y’all have for me. I just want to clear the air as much as possible because I promise you I am town.]]

Top Bottom