• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Steven paused what he was doing and turned toward the sound of a voice. Did the Flygon just ask him who he was? He almost laughed out loud, except he remembered his circumstances here. Not a masquerade like he assumed when he'd brushed off the Bisharp. No, at this point, anonymity didn't really matter did it.

"Steven. Steven Stone." He stuck his hand out on reflex, before realizing how unsuited an Empoleon was for handshakes. He withdrew his fin with a scowl. "And stop doing that with your claws. It's unbecoming for a dragon."
Hana stopped and blinked, then blinked again. "Steven?" Champion Steven Stone! Unable to help herself, she grinned widely. "Steven its me. Hana! We uh... we played one of these games before together. I was a human then though but I remember you." She did her best to try to sound calm, but inwardly she felt relief. Someone she knew! She relaxed a little at the comment about being a dragon. She didn't want to seem like an idiot-

Wait... this Steven felt different somehow. Maybe it was just stress though?

[[Its hard to say further thoughts but I still speculate we have some kind of third party, and maybe a 2-3 person scumteam? If the third party can't kill though I wonder if we have a 2 person scumteam?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Loic slapped down a giant trifold board. He'd suddenly produced a pointer and wildly began gesturing to the board with it.

DAY 1 PLAY-BY-PLAY
"Let us discuss what went on last night to ascertain any suspicious actions. You there, Empoleon," he pointed at Steven, "Would you mind recounting what you had been up to? Disgusting as it may be, it seems we are short on time. Let's ensure the noose around both of our necks doesn't tighten prematurely."
[[Minty starts to poke. Minty's new to the game I guess so this seems in line.

"There's not much more for me to say at this point. Noose or not, I have nothing helpful to offer yet, though I can assure you, my business does not involve killing."
Pano claims innocent.

Still, I shall take your words into consideration accordingly. Good day to you, sir, and rest assured, I too wish for there to be no bloodshed on this or any evening."
Minty claims innocent.

'It is nice to meet you as well, Neo. It is good to see at least one of us here has a bit more politeness. If you do not mind, would you be able to recount your actions of the evening prior? Perhaps we could work together to determine which one of the... unsavory individuals needs to be held responsible.' He made a mental note to relay this information to the others at a later time once he got everyone's stories.
Minty still poking, Yellow this time.

Whatever. He'd be fine. He knew how to survive when things got tough. And from the sounds of it, that little phantump had managed to survive a similar encounter. If he could do it, surely this wasn't going to be much of a challenge.
The others could wait.

He needed to eat now.

The small Dragon-type jumped onto the table, his eyes shimmering from the wide variety of food available.

He ignored the Empoleon next to him and started gobbling everything around him.
Shini and Seren only offering RP flavor so far.

That's how this worked right? Hopefully that happened before somebody came for him.
I claim innocent.

"So," he leaned down, still leaving his fin buried in the table, and addressed the Goomy caught mid-chew, "you were in the room last night with Zen and myself. Any ideas why someone here would want to kill that Bisharp first?"

He straightened back upright and addressed the room as a whole. "Or any of you, really? I have my own theory but I'd be more than happy to hear from the rest of you. Or would you rather have tea and scones and wait to die quietly in your sleep?"
Pano starts poking. Could not tell if the bolded part was flavor or her legitimately indicating she had an idea but I wanted to point it out.

"A shame there's nothing you can share about last night, though. I was hoping someone might be able to offer something without painting a target on their back. It's safe to assume everyone in this game got an... interesting message last night from our dear host. We all have powers, to aid us in this game? Otherwise it'd be completely unfair. And if all the Madam was interested in was unfair death, she could have just ended it all right away."

"The real question is, how do we communicate with each other without letting the scum know what we know and what we are capable of? The scum surely knows the pool for their potential targets. It's simply down to prioritizing. If there was no better reason to target Zen, was it a random coin flip? Or was it a set up? Were the scum hoping to cast suspicion in another direction for their first kill?"
Pano asking a lot of questions about how to communicate with one another without getting scum on our backs, seems kinda town.

"At this point, if the scum can use a coin flip for their decisions, then so can I. And I believe I have the prerequisites for my pool of votes as well... Unless of course, someone wants to speak up and change my mind."
Again couldn't tell if this was RP flavor or if she knew who to vote. Given Steven's character and the following posts, gonna go with the former.

((Voting early both to try and nudge Tetra into posting and because I'll be at work up until just before End of Day. If I have time to hop in and see what's up tomorrow, and new information has been brought to light, I'm willing to nudge my vote elsewhere.))

Vote: Hana (Flyg0n)
@Inkedust
Wind nudges Tetra

He turned back to Snot Bird and pinged him. If he was so sure about who was guilty, then he should share what he knew. Neo puffed out his chest. That was just common sense in a game like this, wasn’t it?
Untitled_Artwork 3.png
Heh. He supposed not everyone was as good at this as he was, though. It couldn’t be helped if they couldn’t all be as awesome as he was.
Yellow starts digging on Pano

She'd been innocent last game, and so had Steven. But people loved throwing around flase accusations. She rolled her eyes. Not guilty. Obviously.
Tetra claims innocent.

"Look," she said, sighing. "It's not me. And you don't want me dead either, because that's bad for us good guys.
Tetra softclaims helpful role.

He wasn’t sure who was a bad guy yet, but he knew he wasn’t a bad guy!
Yellow claims innocent.

"Although, although... it seems it may already be too late for you, with the only vote for your head. Perhaps you should try antagonizing someone actually suspicious, or I may start finding that 'someone suspicious' to be you." Diamond casually reached for another shattered piece of the bisharp's figurine and chewed on it - not great, but he'd eaten worse. "I find it curious that, when you come under scrutiny, your first reaction is to try to deflect that attention elsewhere, rather than defend yourself. Hmmmm?"
Seren gets defensive against Tetra's (apparently RP flavor) sussing.

But he steeled himself and waited, and if there was one thing he was good at, it'd be solving puzzles.

He just needed time and knowledge.
More RP from Shini and no real helpful offering.

She watched the interaction between the Sableye and the Flygon and started to open her mouth, but then closed it again, keeping an eye on the Flygon. (A female. In good health. Not him.)
Free starts to sus Tetra.

Being that this game was originally 11 players to start, and the first person dead was an innocent...that means they were probably looking at...3 Lycanrock, maybe? And perhaps 1, maybe 2 third parties? This is a really small game, and the note did say depending on size, so there might not be any third parties at all.
I throw out my hypothesis of how many scum and TP we're up against.

"When did I say I knew who was guilty?" he growled. "I told you, if the killers could pick a target by random chance, then so could I. Unless a few of our more silent guests speak up, then that's what I'll be doing. Besides, what information do you have to offer the group? This would make it twice now someone has asked you, and you've yet to answer. Now, either answer the question, or leave me alone."
Pano defends herself, calls Yellow out for not answering questions directed at her, when she sort of did.

Steven wandered toward the creature, but kept his distance. This Mimikyu was... erratic. But he read over the top of its disguise and found himself nodding along. "You know, I can't help but agree. Right now my list of potential votes for tonight is just that. Three people."
Pano agrees with my hypothesis.

"I agree with the... Mimikyu." She eyed the strange destructive little pokemon. "At least in that there might be three bad guys. And maybe one or two of those other ones. Third parties."

She swished her tail back and forth, almost unconsciously. "But there's some guests who haven't even spoken today, I think we should wait for what they say, maybe it can help." Still, someone from this group had to be suspicious....

Maybe that weird Phantump who had accused her! Why start throwing around accusations? Or he was just one those people who did that. She withheld a groan.

"Hey, Phantump. Why did you randomly accuse me?"
Tetra agrees with my hypothesis, but directs question back at Wind for the vote.

((Don't have time for flavor post rn and haven't even read the last couple yet but but to answer @Flyg0n the short answer is it was mostly a coin flip between uA and Tetra as they were the only ones that hadn't posted yet, but I'd seen Jackie say they were going to try and post. Will try to look over recent posts and post more indepth thoughts on my lunch break but I can't promise anything.))
Wind claims a coinflip for that nudgevote.

"I'd rather like to hear from the Purrloin in the back. Like the Phantump said, I'll let what they have to say be the factor in changing my vote."

Vote: unrepentantAuthor
@Inkedust
Pano nudgevotes Jackie.

Hmmm. Neo liked the Rag Gremlin’s reasoning. He was quite smart, even if his ghost typing scared him a little. If Novo were here, he would feel a lot more at ease around them…
Yellow agrees with my hypothesis.

[[Yikes y'all if you have a poking vote out, get rid of it if the person has already spoken @Dragonfree]]
I warn whoever has a nudgevote out to retract it (while accidentally tagging Dragonfree instead of Wind)

[[I'm very very very very hesitant to implore people to out themselves so early in the game because that's ultimately not the best thing to do, but being that everyone has been so quiet I am going to very very very very very tentatively request that if you were somehow shot last night, give us some sort of hint. There's really nothing to go on right now and we kind of need something to work with...but at the same time that's uh, again, kind of dangerous.

Right now, I'm not opposed to abstaining, and I'd still like to hear from uA because they're the only person who hasn't said anything today and perhaps they have some insight, but with a small-ish group like this being unsure what roles there are, I can't quite say that's a good idea either. Thoughts?]]
I hypothesize that we might have had some sort of BP in the mix, which is why there was only one death, and cautiously ask them to hint. Tentatively on the abstain side too, and ask for Jackie insight.

"Look, earlier, when the Sableye went after the Flygon for not defending herself, when there was nothing on her but a random vote with no reasoning? I wasn't a fan of that, but I wanted to see what she actually said to it. And I just... I don't like the way she's reacting." She pulled frustratedly at the tuft of fur on her head. "It feels off. I don't know. All she had to say was the Mimikyu was right and then asking why she was accused when the Phantump already said it was just to nudge her into talking, like she's looking for something to argue with, and now the Mimikyu's defending her trying to get people not to vote for her like it's really urgent? I don't like it, okay? If we're going to eliminate anyone..."

She wanted to throw up. What was this game? She whirled around towards the Yveltal. "Nobody's actually dying here, right?"

[[Vote: Hana (Flyg0n)]]
Free fully starts to tunnel Tetra, throws sus at me for...

[[Okay...I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but this is weird? Why hint that you have a role that could help town and not just defend yourself on that? I guess I get trying not to paint a target on yourself, but she already started hinting it, why not roll with it instead of trying to toss some blame around? I could also parse this as trying to get other people to speak because again, everyone's been very quiet today.

I do want to hear from uA (provided Pano's hypothesis about the Silencer isn't correct) but I'm shoving a pin in this.]]
...going back and rereading Tetra's posts and gaining some sus, AFTER asking people with nudgevotes to retract them.

((Hi. Still at work. Going to be at work until right before eod and likely won't get a chance to change vote again until Last minute. I'm not super sold on Tetra's claim, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt for the moment, at least until I have a minute to think on it more. Gonna unvote for now.))

Unvote: Hana (Flyg0n)
@Inkedust
Wind retracts nudgevote even though they're not sold on Tetra's claim.

[[Welp if thats how it is. Vote: @Dragonfree
for voting for me for no reason
This was just random flavor lol please. I've genuinely just been busy with household stuff and birthdays and irl, thats why I havent posted.

I don't have any susses but I don't trust UA tbh
Tetra votes Free to retaliate, throws sus at Jackie.

"Okay. Uh. This is a game with lots of different powers, which means randomly sacrificing players carries bigger risks than a normal game. We're more likely to sacrifice a Town player than a Mafia player, and all Town players have powers. So... It's too early to sacrifice anyone. We should vote to abstain until we know more about everyone. That... That makes sense, right?"

1638654242257.png

Her ears flattened and her brow furrowed as her confidence returned.

"So if you really want to help Town's chances, you'll not vote for people who make perfectly good sense!" she growled at the flygon. "The meowstic had sensible things to say, and I don't like how erratic you are about it. It's making my fur stand on end! I'm voting for Hana."
Jackie declares we should abstain while simultaneously voting Tetra. Not only is this (from what I've seen) out of character for Jackie, reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

May rounded on the Flygon, gritting her teeth. "Well, if you said you have a useful town role and we shouldn't eliminate you, how about you actually tell us what it is instead of standing there giving up?! I didn't vote for you for no reason, I voted for you because you're acting really sketchy, and this isn't helping. Vaguely trying to direct suspicion elsewhere, talking about how you're totally useful but then refusing to say what it is you can do that's so useful? If you're actually innocent, at least tell us what it is you can do so we'd know what we're losing!"
Free continues to tunnel Tetra.

I'm townie with a good power but I sure as shootin won't say it for mafia to kill me! You know what? My vote stands. Anyone who wants townie to out their power D1 is sus

I'm voting free. I'm not even mad I'm just disappointed.
ANyways We should vote UA because they didn't post for 2 days straight and that seems suspicious too, like a suppsoed townie (free) demanding

I reveal my power]]
>My vote stands on Free.
>We should vote Jackie for not posting.
>Was also inactive.
I don't follow this at all.

This is the second attempt from Free to insinuate people should just reveal their powers, and jackie not posting it all is very unusual behaviour as a collective.

If jackie really believed we shoudl abstain they would actually abstain instead of swaying the vote directly against me.]]
Tetra retaliating back against Free and now Jackie.

"Look, if you actually vote to abstain, I'll give you another chance."
Jackie abstains.

[[Voting for the quietest player is fucking bullshit and I'm sussing you extremely hard for it, tbh. Anyway, I know I'm town and I'm getting my strongest townread off Free, which leaves the person sussing us both. So. Get your act together.]]
Jackie claims strong townread on Free.

"Don't clear the Mimikyu just for turning around on her either. I don't know for sure but I don't trust how he spun on a dime."
Free once more susses me for sussing Tetra after asking for the nudgevotes to be removed.

Vote: abstain.]]
Tetra abstains.

Surely they had to gather more information, but without taking out a scum player that day, that meant for sure another townsperson would be killed in the night. Unless there was a townsperson whose ability was to protect one of their own.

Was there any information regarding if the scum could kill every night in a game this small? Was there anyone in the town with power of protection, so that the Flygon could reveal their role and if it was actually that valuable, be spared for another night?
Might be reading too deeply here but I think I know what Pano's trying to say here.

"To the Purrloin," he finally said, sounding more exhausted than frustrated. "Do you have anything to say as to the reason we shouldn't vote for you, given that you held your tongue for so long? The Flygon at least had the sense to claim they were important, whether or not they actually are."

"It's not just you either. The Espeon and the Goomy haven't put up much of a defense of themselves, nor have you been upset with the Phantump for implying you were a coin flip away from being voted for by them as well."
Pano does more poking.

[[Wait, hang on??? Once again, I wasn't defending her--I was saying that IF YOU HAD A POKING VOTE OUT, to REDACT IT, because we were getting so close to the end of the day and I didn't want to see anybody get killed because they got poked and nobody else voted. It was extended to both the vote on Tetra and the vote on Jackie, because I am in a very 'we need to abstain' mindset.]]
I defend myself against Free throwing sus at me.

-Why didn't you post earlier: I was busy. It was my husbands birthday. I was shopping and doing errands today
-Why did you sus seren: I didn't, that was flavor. Random observation from Hana/ I am barely trying to RP bc I am tired.
-Why didn't you defend yourself: Again, tired + I did say I'm town but I doubt anyone believes it, I've seen hown townies get killed immediately. Anyways its early days so there's no intormation around
-Why don't you reveal your role before you die? Why would I? That's like dang threat, holding a gun to my head. The seems scummy.
-
Why did you vote Free? Because they voted for me, a townie for no reason. Seemed very weird.
-What are your reads: No. I don't have anything.
Tetra defends herself.

[[Anyway, like every single town player, I have a power role and am an asset to town. I noticed people claiming town and claiming to have useful roles – that isn't useful! That's not only true of every townie, but it's necessarily true for every possible mafia fakeclaim! Even so, given a little time, I can rack up evidence for my own innocence.]]
This struck me as SUPER FUCKING WEIRD, because the original post for the game said there would possibly be "weak roles" so how is Jackie so sure that every single town player has an asset power role? I could be galaxy braining too hard but heh.

[[Revealing my role doesn't do anything but give mafia information on what is in the game. As I cannot quote or screenshot one could just as easily declare they don't believe me, so I don't really see how helping me helps.

I do not feel like holding a player at gunpoint/gallows point or whatever by voting for them feels like in any way a good or helpful play tbh]]
Tetra alludes to previous games where she defended herself with her role and still got sussed.

The nod at the end towards windskull could be a soft deflection or could be just IC flavor. It bugged me a little, but it's not evidence enough of anything.
Minty reads me, not sure what they mean about that "nod to windskull" part because all I said was to retract the nudgevotes, and I accidentally pinged the wrong person.

((Let's review the facts: first move was pressure on Tetra due to inactivity. This is a heavily town-favoring move, and based on both the retraction thereafter, intentions laid out bare and a bit of hinting here and there on, I feel good about windskull's status as Town.
Minty claims good read on Wind.

[[The odd thing out here is that Tetra *did* post prior to Windskull's reasoning for voting for her over Jackie due to inactivity. Something doesn't track]]
Pano points out a discrepancy in Wind's post about nudging Tetra because she hadn't said anything.

"For what it's worth I didn't say anything about you suspecting the Sableye," May snapped. "And stop saying I'm voting you for no reason. I've been telling you why this whole time. Doesn't anybody else think the way she's acting is really weird? A while back here she was accepting being voted out, but still not saying who she was or what information she had. How does that help anyone? If she really had a helpful role and didn't want it to get eliminated, wouldn't she at least have kept arguing we shouldn't kill her? Try to tell us something about why it's useful and we should keep her around? If she actually accepted being eliminated, wouldn't she at least want to give all the information she could before she go? Instead she just threw a tantrum about how everyone else is suspicious while saying nothing, because her useful role isn't real."
Free still tunneling Tetra.

[[@MintyMimix hopefully these hyperlinks work, but windskull posted their vote for Tetra with the reasoning "to nudge her into posting" more than several hours after Tetra made her initial post on Day 1. Does that not seem weird to vote for a player for not voting when the player already said something?]]
Pano gives proof about post discrepancy.

Anyways I don't have anything to say in regards to why I should still out my role? I don't think it would help, for real? My point stands, we abstain, voting for people for absences is oddball and voting for people early in the game for reasons that amount to weird does not make sense.

There's a huge difference between sussing someone and putting pressure for something vs voting someone.]]
[[It does! But I'll withold any judgement for the moment because its possible they just wanted to see more posting from me? We'll see]]
Tetra has some contradictory reactions.

Thanks for the links! I messed up tracking on my end. Retracting all windskull statements for the time being then; that was totally on me.
Minty retracts Wind townread.

((popping in for just one second to say I. Uh. Totally missed tetras first post. And while it was mostly flavor and I *did* want to see more mechanical discussion in general. My vote was because I thought she hadn't posted at all d1. My bad.)
Wind missed Tetra's first post.

Vote: Abstained
Shini abstains, yet again without posting anything helpful.

[[Okay now I'm a bit baffled. First you say you're mad at someone voting for you based on "putting pressure" but then you're totally okay with windskull voting for you to put pressure on you?? Am I the only one that thinks these two posts back to back are really contradictory? I'm suddenly a bit "hmm" about windskull's motives, but you don't want to pass judgement even though they were the ones to put you on the chopping block?

I don't know what all of this means but if I don't make it through the night, I'd keep a closer eye on these two moving forward.]]
Pano points out discrepancies in Tetra's reactions.

I was sussing jackie because everyone was, and I agreed! they were quiet and I was no expecting 0 posts for almost 48 full hours. I did not vote them though. People sus people all the time.

I genuinely just. I don't kow what I can say in my defense. I have a role that can help my fellow town players. But I don't want mafia to know the roles. Like? I genuinely truly don't know what I'm expected to do or say? Anything I can say can be dimissed.

Two people (excluding wind here) were voting for me for being weird or for... no concrete reason than being 'weird' or inactive. (I'm referring Jackie/free earlier)
Voting for someone is serious. its not a sus, it can be a death sentence.

Wind
retracted their vote and seemed very genuine about trying to just? see more posts from me. Free and jackie were the ones who showed up to jump on me.

I never even voted anyone until it looked like people were getting serious about killed me, despite me being town.

So yeah, to round up, re general to everyone:

Big difference between sussing and pressuring someone vs voting me which can literally kill me, a townie, and seriously mess up towns chances at victory. And once again, no one gave real reasons for voting me aside from me being "weird"/inactive and just?? Not liking me enough? Idk.

Yes they tried to make arguements but they were shaky at best.

Anyways. We're all on the abstain train so its fine.]]
Tetra defends herself.

[[The main thing that bothers me right now is Tetra's inconsistency. She's super mad at Free for voting for her 'for no reason' but not at Wind for a factually wrong reason? She came under flak for being absent, then says she doesn't trust me for my absence? She voted for someone I'm certain is a townie which could "seriously mess up towns chances at victory" and now she's on about how voting for her is sus when there's no more hard evidence she's town that for anyone else?

Anyway, Free's posts as May have perfectly consistent reasoning, and I will stake my reputation as a player on her being Town.]]
Jackie susses Tetra for inconsistencies.

[[Pano's completely uninformed Day1 "who the fuck knows, she was already hella wrong once this game" readlist:

Feels town-ish? Shinji, Minty, Seren, Sind
Conditional sus pairs: Tetra and Windskull, and Free and Jackie
Sus b/c I don't know what to do with them and we probably have three mafia: Yellow

good luck tonight everybody! lol ]]
Pano loose read list.

"What do you mean, can be dismissed? I'm not voting for you because I expect you to prove who you are, I'm saying you haven't been acting like someone who really has a useful role. If you'd reacted earlier like you really thought your role was that helpful, trying to persuade us why we should keep you around, then fine, I'd have backed off. Instead you just acted like you were cornered and didn't have time to make something up."

May took a deep breath. Her heart was still pounding, her skin hot. "It doesn't look like we're actually eliminating you now anyway since nobody else can see it for some reason, so by now if you were innocent saying anything about your role wouldn't help. But I'm suspicious of you for before."
Free. Still. Tunneling. Tetra.

[[Just adding in that in a previous game under threat of a town lynch, Tetra *did* reveal her role which basically made her a sitting duck, not even that it was a power role but one that was of negative utility. If her role is so critical now, why not do more? Heck, even a false-claim is usually enough to stay a town vote on Day1, see Abra's Doc claim in Blu's game.

Again, I don't think there's anything that can be done tonight, but I still can't shake the feeling that something is off with Jackie's posts as well. Asks others to abstain, then votes for Tetra in the same post to "break a potential tie", then agrees with Free, but then votes to abstain in the end instead?

Is my conditional read list off and *both* Jackie and Tetra are suspect, and Free and Wind are not?]]
Pano starts poking some additional sus at Tetra.

I am side-eying Tetra a little bit for her aggressive voting—however, this does line up with her play in previous games so far. She has always been one of the first players to gun for people and try to pry out answers. So, minor side-eye, but not enough for me to be actively sus just yet.

I honestly don’t have any solid reads because today was so quiet, but I’ll go off just general vibes for the moment.

Town-ish vibes:
Free
Sind (?)
Tetra (?)
Uhhh I forget their name but the Goomy RPer
Yellow loose read list.

Vote: Abstain]]
Yellow Abstains.

[[OOC, one of the reasons I didn't like her play at the beginning was actually that it felt more cautious than her town play in previous games! Obviously hard to mention in-character but.

And while I'm letting myself speak OOC about meta, like Pano just pointed out, her absolute refusal to make even a vague roleclaim under major pressure is also inconsistent with how she acted in the second anniversary mafia.]]
Free still pointing out suspicions on Tetra.

((liteally just got home. Don't have time for a full post. Just going to say right now free is giving me good vibes and Steven and uA are giving me neutral good. Don't have time to think over everything else so I'll have to do that on day 2 if I live.))
loose reads from Wind, no explainations.

DAY 2 THUS FAR

[[I had a whole post typed too.... this does make me think we may have some unusual third party, like arsonist?]]
Tetra suggests unusual TP?

[[can you explain why? There was only one death, right? Why would this mean there’s an unusual third party?

Not that I’m doubting the existence of one. I’d just like to hear more of your reasoning.]]
Yellow questions.

"You have an awful lot of explaining to do. First off, why is the Mewostic dead and you're not? Second, why would you jump immediately to assume a third party kill? How can you know this wasn't a scum kill just like the previous night?"
Pano questions.

[[Gah sorry, I don't mean Free was third party killed, I meant that because there was one death it means there might not be an SK]]
Explanation.

[[Ahhh I see. Still though…I don’t think it’s safe to rule it out yet. There could be conditions as to why there haven’t been multiple deaths yet.]]
Yellow tentatively disagrees.

[[Quick ooc note: at EoD I was so busy I was BARELY able to skim the thread to know what was going on. Going back through, Jackie was the first to suggest an abstain, which…seems odd! From what I can recall, Jackie is usually against abstaining on D1, especially in smaller games, and this is one of the smallest games yet. It was also odd that they pushed for an abstain while also accusing Tetra.

Due to the low activity on D1, it wouldn’t be wise for any mafia to throw suspicion on anyone out of the blue. They didn’t have much to work with, so pushing to abstain while throwing sus on a few other players to sow seeds of doubt would be the best play. And Jackie did exactly that. Highly sus of Jackie rn.

As for Pano, the jury is still out, but I didn’t miss that she dodged questions and was very aggressively digging for info at the same time. The aggro approach is something I’ve never seen from Pano before, but it could also just be RP flavor, what with a different character and all. So I’m mostly unsure, but I sure am side-eying.

As for Tetra, she was also dodgy with answering questions—but this could be chalked up to being Town and not wanting to give any hints about her role. (The same could apply to Pano, too, if she’s town.) Buuuut I dunno. Something about her play seems off but I can’t put my finger on it.

Buuut, both Pano and Jackie have been pretty accusatory of Tetra. Either this is a mafia ploy to stage fights amongst each other to avoid suspicion, or Tetra is Town and both of them are Mafia. Those two are my top suspects rn. Would love to hear a defense from either of them.]]
Yellow gets some more reads out.

"Either that," he snapped, "or the healer in our midst chose well... Though how well remains to be seen." He scowled at the ground. "The Meowstic is gone and I had some questions for her today."
I still think I know what Pano's implying here.

[[Yes soooo I really should have read over the thread thoroughly before posting, lol. Anyway, I’m still behind and catching up on EoD shenanigans. Pano mentioned vague suspicion of Jackie a couple of times—which definitely doesn’t clear her, but my suspicions have lessened slightly.

Free also defended Tetra in her last post. Free generally has good insight so I’m inclined to trust her instincts, but ALSO nobody is perfect and she could be wrong. However, she made a good point when she said Tetra was flailing a bit, and that didn’t read like someone who has a mafia team behind them.]
Bolded that one part because WHERE????

As for why I didn't roleclaim... Well, let's start with the obvious. I'm not a lover. I roleclaimed last time because killing me would kill two town players. My role here is way less deadly/detrimental to town. And more helpful obviously.

Anyways for some more reads.

Yellow: Well we know she can play a fairly convincing scum! Which is cool. Nothing strong honestly. Too early to say.

Seren: Nothing else strong

In fact the only semi strong reads I might have are town Pano and maybe town UA.

Shinji/Goomy: Nothing really. Hasn't done a ton which is mildly sus but might have perfectly reasonable explanations.

minty: Nothing strong but... hmm.... keeping an eye on?
Loose reads from Tetra.

Two more things I forgot to say: one, I was VERY against abstaining yesterday because this is a small role madness game and abstaining just felt way too risky. However I wasn’t in a position to voice my thoughts on it so I just had to throw in the towel and vote abstain, even though I didn’t want to.
Yellow now claims she didn't want to abstain. What would she have done otherwise though?

"Either we start sharing information, or we all take our chances that the target doesn't fall on us next. Those who are the most silent are still the most suspect. What better way to avoid suspicion than to remain out of the spotlight themselves?" His gaze fell again on the Purrloin, but also swept over the Goomy, the Gardevoir, and the ghosts.

Steven then fixed the Espeon with an intense stare. "And before you accuse me of avoiding the question again, I'll be as blunt as I can. My defense is the same as the Flygon's. My powers can help the town's cause, but I cannot do this on my own. Only time will tell between us whose target has been painted bigger."
Pano doing more poking. Claiming good role.

((I'm willing to do whatever it takes or provide any information as needed; just a bit lost! Jackie and Tetra were suspects based on Day 1, but Free being eliminated also made it almost too obvious as a play to divert attention to Tetra to me? Abstaining would be the highest benefit to killers no matter what, so for me suspicion naturally falls on Gojira and Jackie in that instance. I abstained admittedly just because it was getting late and I had no idea what to do. On that note, @Flyg0n what your thoughts on Sind & Wind, since they didn't quite get a mention on your reads?))
Minty gives more insight.

I do think that whoever killed Free did it to make me look bad.]]
Mmmmmmmm I actually think whoever killed Free did it to make me look bad.

[[Did they, though…? I mean, Free was defending you by the end. My guess is they got rid of Free because she’s a very good scum hunter.]]
Had some similar thoughts. I saw a moment of "well if you were innocent you probably would have done this..." but I hardly call that defending.

"As for people I would like to speak up... I, too, would like to hear more from the Gardevoir, the Goomy, and the Mimikyu in particular. The Sableye, too, but especially those first three."
Wind throwing out some pokes.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hana gaped at the Mimikyu. Dang. Impressive.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
See... the last time I was in a game like this, there was this Yamask, Altair. He was... well. He was looking out for himself. A killer without a team behind him.
Up till this point, Mademoiselle was more than happy to just sit back and watch the ensuing discussion with an unmoving expression. She didn't feel the need to speak up until time had began to run short however, upon hearing that name, his name, Mademoiselle's calm appearance was replaced with a furious one. In a matter of moments, she was gone from her perch, towering over the phantump. Before anyone could get any ideas, Mademoiselle shot anyone who came close a warning glare, demanding that they continue with their investigations.

"That yamask," Mademoiselle began, voice quiet, oozing with tranquil fury. "What was he like, and where do you suppose I could find him?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[So basically after all of that crap, I am loosely suspicious of Jackie and Tetra still, but I think Jackie's a little heavier a scum read to me right now.

On one hand, Free was tunneling Tetra for almost all of D1, only for her to end up dead? I could agree that mafia killed Free to make Tetra look bad...or Tetra is scum and killed Free to perhaps loop some blame at the second person Free was somewhat going after--myself, because I asked for the nudging votes to be called off then turned around and threw some suspicion at Tetra.

From going back and combing that entire thread, Tetra's plays, at the moment, feel like scum scrambling to seem town. "I'm voting Free because they're voting me but I think we should vote Jackie because they're suspicious for not posting at all".....while also being pretty inactive to start herself. Tetra also claimed that others were sussing Jackie and I didn't see that at all?? Then, again I have spreedreader syndrome so please enlighten me if anybody else was outright "I don't trust Jackie rn" the way Tetra was.

However, I can also definitely see all of that from a townie fumble--Tetra sleepy, Tetra mistype or misread, Tetra look sus. I'm not fully buying that right now but I can parse it, especially in the face of what I have on Jackie at the moment.

I am still absolutely baffled by Jackie's "we should abstain but I'm voting Tetra" play 1.) Because from what I've played in previous games with Jackie, Jackie never fucking abstains and 2.) IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, and that reads like scum scrambling to look town WAY fucking more than Tetra's possible misplays. Also, Jackie saying like every single town player, I have a power role and am an asset to town struck me as fucking bizarre because per the damn signup post...
Depending on size, this game will/may have...
  • An RP-only Day 0/pregame phase
  • Duplicate roles
  • “Weak” roles
  • Multiple anti-town factions (Third-parties; more than one Mafia faction)
  • Alternate win conditions
There's no guarantee that every townie has a power role that's an asset. I could assume a "weak" role could be non-helpful or even downright useless to us, so to make a claim like that was kind of....bold, I guess?? I might be galaxybraining this too hard but like, I don't know.

However, that being said, some recent posts from today might have lessened my suspicions on Tetra just a tad, especially because I cannot fathom BOTH of them being mafia--they've kind of been playing against each other and I cannot really see a world where if this game actually has 3 scum, that's a smart thing to do. So my gut is leaning toward Jackie being the target today tbh.

Actually, after going through everything and re-reading Pano's posts, I'm getting this wack ass idea that Tetra might be our TP. Don't want to get too deep into it because I'm trying to read between lines and not make anything seem obvious but :censored: ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"But she didn't do that! She was vague and waffly and not voicing any serious suspicion of anyone until I started accusing her for real, and only then did she suddenly go into rage mode accusing anyone and everyone. Seriously, doesn't anyone else see it?"

[[OOC, one of the reasons I didn't like her play at the beginning was actually that it felt more cautious than her town play in previous games! Obviously hard to mention in-character but.

And while I'm letting myself speak OOC about meta, like Pano just pointed out, her absolute refusal to make even a vague roleclaim under major pressure is also inconsistent with how she acted in the second anniversary mafia.]]

May glanced at the Purrloin. "I don't really see why you all are suspicious of her. I think it just seems like she zoned out. I don't think it feels like she's driven by some kind of agenda. If she was scheming with other people, I don't think she'd be acting this way."
[[Okay so…this is what happens when I skim and don’t read the whole freaking thread, lol.

This paragraph came right after Free was talking about Tetra, so I assumed she was talking to Salem about Tetra here, and that’s where I thought I saw her defending Tetra. I now realize that is NOT the case, lol. And after Sind’s (extremely helpful!!) play-by-play, Tetra is officially back on my sus list again.

However, I’m still side-eying Jackie because they were the first to mention abstaining and Jackie has, as far as I can remember, never ever pushed for that.

This struck me as SUPER FUCKING WEIRD, because the original post for the game said there would possibly be "weak roles" so how is Jackie so sure that every single town player has an asset power role? I could be galaxy braining too hard but heh.
To be fair: this game was advertised as role madness. It’s highly possible that Jackie did not read the intro post thoroughly and just assumed everyone would have a powerful role, because that’s usually a safe assumption when it comes to role madness.
Yellow now claims she didn't want to abstain. What would she have done otherwise though?
First of all, if I had been able to, I’d have spoken up sooner and said “yo let’s maybe not abstain because I don’t think we can afford to.” I can’t say for sure because I’ve been made aware of everything after-the-fact, but I’d be gunning for Tetra or Jackie, most likely. Free was never on my radar.

As for windskull, I’m very inclined to believe them when they say they missed Tetra’s first post. Because, well. I’ve missed a bunch of things too, lol. It’s really easy to lose track of every little detail when you get caught up in irl stuff. So for now, I think their behavior was genuinely just a nudge to hear more from Tetra—and, yeah, I’ll be honest, her initial response was pretty flimsy. “I’m town, obviously!” is pretty bare-bones. You can at least say that your role is really useful for town?

Actually, after going through everything and re-reading Pano's posts, I'm getting this wack ass idea that Tetra might be our TP. Don't want to get too deep into it because I'm trying to read between lines and not make anything seem obvious but :censored: ]]
You may be on to something here. Given that Tetra made a “there might not be a TP” comment seemingly out of nowhere, that did raise my suspicion a little. She did clarify later, buuuut that could also just be seen as backpedaling.

Everybody is afraid to speak up because it’s role madness, so everyone has something they can bring to the table and is worried about getting killed for it. That’s valid. Buuut, I think Pano is on to something with her theory. Don’t we should ALL roleclaim, of course, but if it helps narrow the pool of suspects…I would be willing to softclaim.

I won’t do so until I get more thoughts from other players, though.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[This is just kind of a wrap-up since I missed the previous EoD...]]

Diamond watched the chaos unfold from his comfy shadow. He'd only meant to ward off the flygon's random not-accusation, but it evolved into something bigger. He'd gotten so caught up in watching her flailing to defend herself that he'd almost forgotten how close the deadline was until the other pokemon started pointing it out.

Who to vote for, then? The flygon certainly didn't make a fantastic case for herself, even once she started talking properly.

Diamond wondered what would happen if he just voted for Mademoiselle. It was her fault everyone was here anyway, right? Why not just be done with her? She clearly was not the true yveltal. ...Right?

Okay, maybe not worth the risk.

While he internally fumed, he realized the majority had voted to not eliminate anyone after all. Risky, but so be it. No point coming out to even cast a vote just for the sake of making his voice heard. Without emerging from his shadow, he crept back to his nighttime lodgings.

[[Firstly, an ooc post: As I alluded to in the discord, I wasn't able to properly catch up on Saturday since the thread kind of exploded while I was at work, and it didn't make sense for me to cast a vote without being reasonably informed - plus, since the vote was already heavily leaning towards abstaining, there wasn't much point in speaking up just to agree and then not reply to anything else.

Secondly, to Tetra: I kind of feel a little guilty at how harsh my in-character post reaction seems in hindsight. It's definitely in-character, but man, I am not used to RPing this sort of character. I did want to note that, while I understand that you were frustrated at the flavor being taken as as accusation/suspicion of me, that's definitely part of the game. Remember in second anniversary how I made a similar mistake early on and it got people on my case because of it and I got rather grumpy? I'm a little more inclined to believe you're a townie, if only because I made a similar mistake previously and know how it feels. That said, I obviously can't let my personal empathy affect my judgment, either, so... I'll get caught up on the thread proper and go from there.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((I hate hail marying my uninformed opinion and scattered thoughts, but I've been pressed for more thoughts, so here goes:

Wind: Put pressure D1 and retracted once response was given. Good advice given through both OOC and weaved IC statements. Had originally read as Town, although following posts pointing out first suspect did actually have a D1 post, lack of pressure on other silenced and decreased frequency of posts have shaken this foundation. The part that's keeping me from 100% suspecting is the fact that it was also first vote of the game. Would scum necessarily act in this manner if the optimal play is silence? Maybe that's just my inexperience talking. I absolutely want to see the further thoughts alluded to in #177. Which leads me to my next point:

Tetra: End of day actions were very suspicious given as many have pointed out the vagueness and contradictions. In fact, had someone who had remained mostly neutral, out of the conversation, or "safe" been taken out, I would have immediately jumped onto her. Instead, Free was targeted, which, at least for me, is too obvious of a target to go for to try to stir the pot? Maybe I'm overthinking this and it really is as simple as "get rid of the problem". The speculation of a third party in multiple posts is also seriously throwing me for a loop as well: what's the intent on this? It's incredibly insistent too.

Sind: Sind has some good mechanical observations - likely # of players, potential roles, noting when someone's logic isn't following through, and suggest potential roles. Furthermore, implied (though did not push) that abstaining D1 would be a bad idea. Also, #182, wow. I was going to press on the reason for you being suspected after Free's death, but #183 clarified before I could post.
At the very least, we can eliminate any possibility of being partners with Jackie/Tetra, but also with Pano if only because of the timing of #81-84 (too uncoordinated to be a scum team effort). Reading Sind as Town.

Jackie:
Two points of information: several suspicions with key points noted in #102, #163, #183, but also there's been a lot general crap they've been putting up with IRL. Because of the latter and lack of context of past games I won't comment on inactivity or playstyle. Instead, I will remark that being the first to vote Abstain was definitely an odd move no matter how you slice it.

Gojira: Highly suspect due to flavor-only posts up to this point, and I'm not convinced by the reading at all. As a fellow new player, I know if I were town, I would be keeping quiet and following any advice my teammates would be offering.

Seren: Giant question mark all around. I'd like to hear your reads.

Pano
: Aggressive hinting is the name of the game here. Pointing out contradictions through #128 was a very Pro-Town play, general early-game poking and as stated earlier the timing on #81-84 feels natural. Further suspicions thrown onto Jackie in #144 and continous poking followed through as well. A lot of flavor mixed in makes it hard to completely say for sure, but I'm leaning on Town read for Pano at the moment. Softclaim gambit was an interesting suggestion. Will keep monitoring.

Yellow: Came in late to the party, but adding to the conversation with a series of reads - some founded, others misread - clarifying IRL obligations and sorted everything through #186. Willingness to softclaim is an interesting move to say the least. Could potentially be the 3rd mafia drawing out key targets, or could be trying to get everyone to speak up since there's some hesitation due to Role Madness. Neutral read for the time being.

A lot of people have been getting posts in before I could get this compiled, so hopefully it's not too jumbled!
))

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Just popping in to say I'm not going to have a chance to write up that tetra read tonight. But right now, I'm more willing to believe uA is town over Tetra, based on my hunch that I alluded to earlier. Hopefully I'll have time to post my full thoughts before the halfway mark.]]

Anti let out a little startled "meme" and floated backwards, eager to put a little space between himself and the intimidating (though admittedly very cool-looking) Yveltal. "He the one I mentioned the other day! The one that transformed! I was in a game- like this- with him and he was pretty confident until I caught him. But I don't know where he went after the game. Honest!"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Will post later in more detail and in character. For now: I was right about Free being town, damn you all, and Tetra is fucking scum, I'm certain of it. I believe with conviction that Free was killed for being the one person fully suspicious of Tetra.]]

[[Also vote Tetra. @Inkedust. I will not be changing my vote.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((*"If I were scum", not "if I were town" on Gojira. Out of all of possible mix-ups I could do, I had to mess up on the most critical keyword. @n@))

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
This paragraph came right after Free was talking about Tetra, so I assumed she was talking to Salem about Tetra here, and that’s where I thought I saw her defending Tetra. I now realize that is NOT the case, lol. And after Sind’s (extremely helpful!!) play-by-play, Tetra is officially back on my sus list again.
[[AHHH okay that’s where the ‘Free defended Tetra’ thing came from, I was so confused LMFAO

To be fair: this game was advertised as role madness. It’s highly possible that Jackie did not read the intro post thoroughly and just assumed everyone would have a powerful role, because that’s usually a safe assumption when it comes to role madness.
Hmmmmm that’s fair, I guess I’m just taking the finite way they were like “just like the rest of town I have a powerful role” when the signups implied not everyone would have a powerful role. Like I said, I might have been galaxybraining that one a little too hard.

First of all, if I had been able to, I’d have spoken up sooner and said “yo let’s maybe not abstain because I don’t think we can afford to.” I can’t say for sure because I’ve been made aware of everything after-the-fact, but I’d be gunning for Tetra or Jackie, most likely. Free was never on my radar.
Fair.

You may be on to something here. Given that Tetra made a “there might not be a TP” comment seemingly out of nowhere, that did raise my suspicion a little. She did clarify later, buuuut that could also just be seen as backpedaling.
Yeah that sudden “there might be an arsonist” has me thinking she’s an arsonist, and considering I saw a lot of subtle hints in my read through, I’m gonna put a huge pin in that.

Everybody is afraid to speak up because it’s role madness, so everyone has something they can bring to the table and is worried about getting killed for it. That’s valid. Buuut, I think Pano is on to something with her theory. Don’t we should ALL roleclaim, of course, but if it helps narrow the pool of suspects…I would be willing to softclaim.
I would also be willing to softclaim.

[[Will post later in more detail and in character. For now: I was right about Free being town, damn you all, and Tetra is fucking scum, I'm certain of it. I believe with conviction that Free was killed for being the one person fully suspicious of Tetra.]]
As sus as I am of Jackie, I did mention this in my play-by-play—they did have a strong read on Free as town which gives them minute sway in my eyes but not much because reads can be wrong (a la Yellow in Bluwii’s game, you fucking evil mastermind). I am also inclined to agree that yeah it’s sus as fuck Free was tunneling the shit out of Tetra and died.

But, I could see a world where Jackie’s scum, made a Town read on Free, then killed Free knowing Free was either innocent or TP, and when Free flipped town, Jackie figured they might have the leverage on that kill to say “Free tunneled Tetra and now Free’s dead? Tetra’s scum.”

Likewise I could also see the world where Tetra killed Free to spin it on me or someone else, however, my idea that Tetra is a TP is a lot stronger right now just because of how much between-the-line reading I’ve been doing for the past two hours.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
But, I could see a world where Jackie’s scum, made a Town read on Free, then killed Free knowing Free was either innocent or TP, and when Free flipped town, Jackie figured they might have the leverage on that kill to say “Free tunneled Tetra and now Free’s dead? Tetra’s scum.”
[[If I know Jackie as well as I think I do, I could absolutely see them going for this angle. It’s too perfect. Defend Free and capitalize on Tetra’s flailing, then kill Free and make Tetra look extra bad. Use Free’s innocent flip to appear more town the next day.

I don’t think Tetra has ever been anything but town before, but even so, killing Free after she’d been tunneling Tetra all day would be a BAD move on her part. It would only serve to make her look worse, IMO. However, if she felt she had no other choice and knew Free was going to tunnel her into oblivion, it would at least kind of make sense.

My guess is that, if Tetra is the TP, she either has limits on her power and hasn’t been able to kill yet, or she did try to kill and either her shot or mafia’s shot got blocked by a healer. She then tried to use the lack of multiple deaths to hint that maybe there is no TP after all.

This is all hypothetical, though—how likely is it we have three maf and a TP in a game this size? That feels a bit scum-heavy?]]

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Okay, after rereading everything (and thoroughly this time). This is how I see things.

Day 1: Tetra got a lot of sus thrown at them, with lots of contradictions and things.

Free and Ua were fierce about them, with Pano sussing them a bit but changed to Ua (who I'm assuming is Jackie).

I'm a bit sus for not posting, I'll admit. (I'm a socially awkward dork) But I thought having more info instead of instantly voting for someone would be a smart choice. (Instead I get sussed for it).

Then Free takes her sus off Tetra and dies the next day.

Day 2: Tetra explains why they were acting that way. Some poking and reads later.

Tetra is a bit sus due to all of the things that happened, that and Free dieing. Killer could be trying to frame Tetra or it's Tetra trying to keep Free quiet.

Pano. I feel is trustworthy. Though the idea of revealing our roles seems like a really terrible idea waiting to unfold. (Who knows how it'd go really)

Yellow is the main poker, trying for information and the like. Feels like a town's play since he's asking for people to actually say something.

Ua's inactivity and saying to abstain but votes Tetra does seem sus. But I'm not quite sure.

Minty. A fellow new player but unlike you. I sleep when everyone's active as the place that I live in is GMT+8. The posts I'd made were when there weren't much going on, plus the EoD things happened while I was asleep. But you feel like a townie despite my emotions saying otherwise.

Wind. I feel a bit sus about you wanting everyone to reveal their roles, as that's something a Mafia player would want, seeing as information is key to winning.

Seren. Not much I can really say except for maybe the throwback at Tetra's flavor. Feels like he's been the most quiet so far.

Sind. With how you've been analyzing things, it's hard to think of you as anything but townie. So I think Sind's clear.

Any further thoughts on this?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[If I know Jackie as well as I think I do, I could absolutely see them going for this angle. It’s too perfect. Defend Free and capitalize on Tetra’s flailing, then kill Free and make Tetra look extra bad. Use Free’s innocent flip to appear more town the next day.
[[I agree 100%. From what i’ve seen, Jackie’s a good mafia player. I haven’t seen them play scum (I think lol) but that’s a tactic just wack enough to work for them.
I don’t think Tetra has ever been anything but town before, but even so, killing Free after she’d been tunneling Tetra all day would be a BAD move on her part. It would only serve to make her look worse, IMO. However, if she felt she had no other choice and knew Free was going to tunnel her into oblivion, it would at least kind of make sense.
Right I also had this thought—don’t think I’ve ever seen Tetra play scum, which both makes me want to and not want to sus her. I could see new scum fumbling like she has and scrambling to pick the pieces up, but I agree that killing off Free was such an obvious choice that I almost think she WOULDN’T do it, unless she had an ulterior motive for it. That’s why I was pitching the concept that she might have killed Free to turn around and be like “Well Free was also starting to go after Sind, and since I’m definitely innocent, it has to be Sind.”
My guess is that, if Tetra is the TP, she either has limits on her power and hasn’t been able to kill yet, or she did try to kill and either her shot or mafia’s shot got blocked by a healer. She then tried to use the lack of multiple deaths to hint that maybe there is no TP after all.

This is all hypothetical, though—how likely is it we have three maf and a TP in a game this size? That feels a bit scum-heavy?]]
I don’t actually know how many possible Tp’s there are in mafia, and I know there are no roles that are made up in this game (however there might be some wincons and powers that are according to what Inke hinted). If there’s a possibility that there are TP’s that are town-aligned or even just TP aligned, I wouldn’t yet call that scum heavy. Granted the existence of TP’s depended on the size so like I said in my role spitballing post, there might not be any at all.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Wind. I feel a bit sus about you wanting everyone to reveal their roles, as that's something a Mafia player would want, seeing as information is key to winning.
Pano. I feel is trustworthy. Though the idea of revealing our roles seems like a really terrible idea waiting to unfold. (Who knows how it'd go really)
[[Difficulty parsing this—why is Pano trustworthy for wanting people to reveal roles but Wind is sus for it? Did I speedread something again?]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Investigating the new shards or looking to see which figures remained revealed the newest victim of the mansion: the meowstic.

Diamond slithered up to the shadow of the board and inspected the wreckage. Perhaps he should have pressed the flygon harder, after all.

[[I had a whole post typed too.... this does make me think we may have some unusual third party, like arsonist?]]

Hana waved her claws frantically in the air in a pacifying motion. "I just meant that because only one person has died each night, not two! So Either the serial killer is waiting or we have someone who can't nightkill. I had nothing to do with this!"

[[Gah sorry, I don't mean Free was third party killed, I meant that because there was one death it means there might not be an SK]]

[[I'm sorry, but this is... just a really strange point to be suggesting this? There's been no evidence of a third party whatsoever, so why mention it just to say "there could be a third party involved"? And then, immediately go and backtrack and say there might not be one? Am I making any sense? Because... this suggestion, to me, does not. Like, sure, there could be a SK, and there could not. I just... feel like this was very random to bring up right now, just after Free died? ]]

But still…something…something didn’t feel
right. He glanced at Snot Bird. He was still here, and still not providing any useful information despite demanding it from anyone else. How funny! He really was bad at this game.

"And don't think I've forgotten about you," he said, glaring at the shadows hanging at the edge of the room. The Sableye and the Mimikyu were out there, somewhere, and that Phantump, too. "Two nights of lurking about in the dark and still no help in catching our killers. Unless of course you're the ones with blood on your claws."

Diamond poked his head out of his shadow to sneer at the empoleon. "So kind of you to remember we exist, Waddles. I can't help but notice, however, that the remaining psychic cat has a point. I have been silent, and because of this, you call me unhelpful and you question me. The difference between you and me? You have offered nothing valuable, either, but you have been a noisy windbag in the process." He chuckled to himself quietly, then sighed, climbing up out of the shadow completely, taking a moment to survey the board the mimikyu sprouted out of nowhere. "However, however! Now you are the one who has admitted to an important role." He cast a hasty glance towards Hana., then back to Steven. "But with a twist! Perhaps you are being honest with us after all, hhhhhmmmmmm???"

Anyways for the major thing: Why would I bother trying to defend myself when last game people just tried to kill me anyway right up until I roleclaimed? Nobody listened to my defense except Pano. That was part of why I didn't muster any defense

[[Gah why did I insert this in between my Pano replies??? It won't let me just cit/paste it and I can't be bothered delete it and go back to re-quote it separately, so I'm leaving it here.

Anyways... mate, you should defend yourself because if you really are Town, you should be doing your best to keep people from voting you off! I legit was not convinced by the defense you put up, because to be blunt, I would hardly call it a defense. Even if you just adamantly posted seven times in a row "My role is useful, I swear!" that would have been more believable than the "do what you're gonna do, whatever" that you'd posted. Now, how well that would have helped? Maybe not a lot! But the whole point is that you should really try if you want your side to win!]]

"Either we start sharing information, or we all take our chances that the target doesn't fall on us next. Those who are the most silent are still the most suspect. What better way to avoid suspicion than to remain out of the spotlight themselves?" His gaze fell again on the Purrloin, but also swept over the Goomy, the Gardevoir, and the ghosts.

Diamond glanced at the others in turn. "Silence does not mean guilty," he stated outright. "In fact, one could argue that the most talkative ones are the most suspect! What better way to keep attention off yourself than to constantly do nothing else besides point that attention towards another?"

[[For the record, this is flavor. I am not saying I sus Pano, because as of yet, I haven't felt anything really scummy other than Steven's RP flavor attitude. That said, and maybe I'm letting the RP flavor bother me a bit too much, but I'm not getting a great feeling, either.

Now, I know Jackie's been kind of busy and tired and stuff so I'm willing to give her a little slack... and I see she's posted while I'm typing this, so there's that. Goomy's in a different time zone, I see, but probably could still stand to give a little bit more details in their posts, especially some non-RP details. Not sure how new they are though, so also willing to concede this one to "beginner" status. Him alongside Gardevoir. Seems sincere but also kind of just... not really sure what's going on right now. Kind of reads as "clueless beginner" to me, but in a slightly more town-y way.]]

[[Sorry Sind, but I have to... question you here. Why would Tetra just blurt out randomly the possibility that a third party exists if she were that third party, when literally no one else had even questioned the possibility to that point? Wouldn't she want to continue hiding that fact?

Unless you think that was an intentional "blunder" to cover why she flailed in her defense from Free? As was pointed out, it didn't feel like a mafia player, because one might think the other members might say something to her about it, but if she were working alone with no one else to get an assist from... but why would she just give herself away like that? I feel like it's a very big stretch no matter how you look at it, and a pretty large risk for Tetra to even mention the possibility of a third party, especially if she IS that third party, sorry. I just don't follow you on this one.]]

[[Ngl, if I hadn't been working during EoD, I'd likely have also voted Tetra over abstaining, although again, with hindsight, who knows?]]

ou can at least say that your role is really useful for town?
[[To be fair, I'm pretty sure she did, tbh, if only once. She just kind of... gave up after that, though...]]

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[Difficulty parsing this—why is Pano trustworthy for wanting people to reveal roles but Wind is sus for it? Did I speedread something again?]]
Basically, Pano is the one to suggest the idea, and Wind was a bit fast in going with that idea.

To me, suggesting something doesn't usually mean they're 100% on that idea, as it's just a suggestion.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Free and Ua were fierce about them, with Pano sussing them a bit but changed to Ua (who I'm assuming is Jackie).
[[You are correct, uA is Jackie! Sorry for not clarifying earlier.
Then Free takes her sus off Tetra and dies the next day.
This is actually incorrect—I misread things and thought that’s what happened, but I was wrong. Sorry for misleading you there—wanted to make sure I clarified this for you before moving on.
Yeah I had mixed feelings about it, too.
Right I also had this thought—don’t think I’ve ever seen Tetra play scum, which both makes me want to and not want to sus her. I could see new scum fumbling like she has and scrambling to pick the pieces up, but I agree that killing off Free was such an obvious choice that I almost think she WOULDN’T do it, unless she had an ulterior motive for it. That’s why I was pitching the concept that she might have killed Free to turn around and be like “Well Free was also starting to go after Sind, and since I’m definitely innocent, it has to be Sind.”
Hmm, maybe! To be honest I don’t think I noticed Free putting any strong sus on you at the end, but I also might not be the best person to ask because apparently I missed a lot of things. 🙃 This argument feels like a stretch, imo. ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Sorry Sind, but I have to... question you here. Why would Tetra just blurt out randomly the possibility that a third party exists if she were that third party, when literally no one else had even questioned the possibility to that point? Wouldn't she want to continue hiding that fact?

Unless you think that was an intentional "blunder" to cover why she flailed in her defense from Free? As was pointed out, it didn't feel like a mafia player, because one might think the other members might say something to her about it, but if she were working alone with no one else to get an assist from... but why would she just give herself away like that? I feel like it's a very big stretch no matter how you look at it, and a pretty large risk for Tetra to even mention the possibility of a third party, especially if she IS that third party, sorry. I just don't follow you on this one.]]
[[I’m going to again reiterate that I’ve been trying to read between the lines here. Why suddenly blurt out “HEY MAYBE ITS AN ARSONIST” unless you are or know there’s an arsonist or similar TP?

I can agree with you on one thing, it could be a potential way to skrrrrtttttt around whatever blunders she made yesterday but the suddenness of the “Wow there might be a TP!” when, yes—nobody had questioned it yet—makes me think she’s trying make some hints, because that’s a thing people do. It’s a thing I’ve done myself.

This is role madness and we’re kind of at a point where if we don’t start weeding out who’s who town’s gonna lose lmfao. So MAYBE Tetra’s trying to be subtle here, or she’s trying to skrrrrtttttt. Don’t know yet, but that’s where I’m at.]]

Top Bottom