• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
As the accusations continued, Kichiro's frown only deepened. He absentmindedly felt for something in his bag, and after his hand brushed up against what he was looking, the Ledian looked back at the others with a loud sigh.

"Ugh, fine. I've had enough of playing pretend anyway."

Kichiro flew up into the air and hovered before the crowd, when his attitude suddenly began to shift and a small smirk settled over his face.

"Guess there's no point in hiding it anymore, huh?" the Ledian said. "Yes, I'm the one who's been killing everyone so far."

Kichiro eyed the crowd carefully as he clutched onto something with one of his right hands, before continuing on with a sharp harrumph.

"You wanna know why I did it? Because I'm planning on getting out of here, no matter what," Kichiro buzzed. "It's like that brainless Gaburias said: the people leaving this place are the ones left standing at the end, and I sure as hell am not gonna leave that up to a popularity contest with a pretentious lot like you! Maybe most of you are fine with playing this stupid game and listening to voices in your head, but I’m not."

The Ledian shook his head. "Though I don't see why I should lay down just because you dweebs want me to," he scoffed. "If you wanna take me out so bad, how about you actually try to catch me, huh?!"

With that, Kichiro threw a Blast Seed at the crowd, before using the explosion as a distraction to fly away. The Ledian darted forward, weaving around a bolt of electricity and a jet of water aiming to shoot him down. After gaining a suitable distance from the group, he stopped and turned back to them as he stuck out his tongue with a taunting jeer.

"Ha! See you later, suckers!" the Ledian sneered. "I'll look forward to picking another one of you off toni- H-Huh?"

Kichiro abruptly stopped as several tendrils wrapped around him, prompting him to look down for the source. Much to his surprise, the tendrils were seemingly coming from the floor itself, causing him to stare in stupefied shock as he struggled to get himself free.

"Oh, what the fu- Argh!"

The tendrils slammed Kichiro down onto the ground, leaving him to lay there groaning. Before he had a chance to get up, the floor turned into liquid and began to drag him downwards, until eventually he disappeared beneath the surface completely.

---​

After the ledian's behavior, blast seed and all, the onlookers don't exactly have a lot of anxiety about what color they'll see spreading across the ground. Still, there's an undeniable thrill when it flashes red: at last, they're on the right track. The absolute confirmation that there are killers among them is perhaps cold comfort, but at least they're mortal, as vulnerable as anyone else here. Perhaps if they're clever, they'll make it through this "game" without further losses. And then go home. All of them, maybe they'll finally get the chance to go home.

Kichiro (Virgil134) has been eliminated. He was Mafia.

Night Three begins now and will continue until midnight UTC May 9th/8 PM EST May 8th.

Final vote:

Virgil134 - 8 (NeoLurosa, Flyg0n, Dragonfree, Chibi Pika, Inkedust, DawningWinds, IFBench, Panoramic_Vacuum)
IFBench - 2 (AbraPunk, Starlight Aurate)
NeoLurosa - 1 (Virgil134)

Virgil134 wrote the death flavor for this post! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The announcement for end of phase in the last post was incorrect. The actual end of Night Three is midnight UTC May 9th/8 PM EST May 8th.

Day Four Start

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Day Four

He sighed as he paced around the amorphous structure he'd been near for the past few… 'days'. Such a bizarre trial, this was. He wondered exactly which god was responsible… perhaps it was a combined effort from Dialga and Palkia, since it seemed that the others here came from different times and worlds.

Antares was so absorbed in his thinking that he didn't hear someone approaching until they were right in front of him. He stopped and looked at them as a smug grin grew on his face.

"Ah! Come to make a fool of yourself, have you? Very well, then. May the gods grant you mercy, for I shall n--"

---​

Another blinding day dawns, and the dawn, again, brings with it new surprises. No new chasm's opened in the earth--the one from last night's nearly disappeared by now, only a shallow, still-healing depression marking its place. But while the players might awake energized, ready to follow on yesterday's success with another, their elation can't last long. For there's not one person missing from their morning gathering, but two--and it seems neither of them had anything to do with the mafia.

There's nothing for it but to carry on and hope that, if nothing else, their passage can yield some clue, some piece of information that will point the way towards bringing this game to a close at last.

Antares (AbraPunk) has been eliminated. He was Town.

NeoLurosa (HelloYellow/unrepentantAuthor) has been eliminated. They were Town.

Discussion is now open for Day Three and will continue until midnight UTC May 8th/8 PM EST May 10th.

AbraPunk contributed death flavor to this post. Thanks for your help!

@Inkedust @IFBench @Starlight Aurate @Panoramic_Vacuum @DawningWinds @Chibi Pika @Flyg0n @Dragonfree

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay Antares was my fault, I have nothing to hide

I guessed that they were trying to play low key scum and guessed wrong]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ALSO FRICK THEY GOT NEOLUROSA THIS IS HORRIBLE]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jet glanced uneasily at the Tyrunt who’d been so proud of her jaws. “The Garchomp was you, wasn’t it?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So for the sake of all transparency my thought process all night was basically between Pano and Abra.

Both felt sus to me. Abra felt sus for being even more inactive than I expected town abra to be.

Pano felt more circumstantial ly suspicious for being the most null on the vote trains for town folks and for stuff that could easily be too circumstantial, like coming in late to vote, which is just. Irl gets busy so I wasn't sure enough there]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The bad guys probably knew that Tyrunt was gonna bite Garchomp. Even Jet had been assuming it would happen. No wonder they hadn’t tried to get rid of her.

Jet flicked her tails. “I’m pretty sure Espeon was the fruit seller. No one got any fruit mail, right?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm sorry abra. :C]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I probably played right into their hand unwittingly, but I felt so... Unnerved by Abras dead silence and making two posts that I really felt at least 80% sure it was their idea to slip by as scum]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[now I genuinely feel stupid, probably should have picked someone else :rowlanxiety:

Anyways the past can't be changed. I can only guess that out of who remains the people I am currently uncertain about are Pano and Starlight.

I want to hope and believe that you what NeoLurosa said about believing chibi is town is true.

I also find that while I disagree hugely with DW their actions and behavior seem town driven.

Free I mostly feel okay enough with, and Bench I... I am sticking with my belief that Bench is town.

Inke was the first one gunning for Virgil so either Inke is perceptive or bussed his teammate so hard and plans to ride that until the end of the game, and played excellent scum theater. Oof

Not sure for today but since yesterdays quandary had me down to Pano or Abra I'll be re examining Pano today]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Hi, I had no idea we got an extension two days ago because I was out all day and didn't get home until 30 minutes after the extension had ended. Sad to see I missed the action :( But yay we got a mafia!!! I am also the dummy who assumed that getting an extension meant that all the phases were shifted and planned around that so I won't be available quite as much during this day phase as I want to be (have to have a draft for my thesis proposal finished and turned in an hour after this day phase ends :rowlanxiety:) BUT I will put together what I have.

Okay so first: do we have a serial killer amongst us or did Tetra use her power last night? Pls pls pls tell me it's the latter o_o Also I am partly sorry for all the times I sussed Abra, but he was totally inactive so I don't know what I supposed to do lol.]]

[[Okay Antares was my fault, I have nothing to hide

I guessed that they were trying to play low key scum and guessed wrong]]
[[Aaaand sniped. Good to know we got that at least. So the mafia killed NeoLurosa... ]]

"Not a good problem for us to have," Archie mused. "But also not a surprising kill considering how much that cat was sleuthing. Does anyone know what their powers were? They never divulged if they had any night info.

"As for me, I tried to mail that one"--he jabbed a thumb at Steven--"last night to see if he'd be targeted for redirected or swapping. Did you get my message?"

[[I'll quickly post a readslist and point out some action from the day extension that I thought was odd.

[[As an alternative to the Bench plan we could have Tetra and Kichiro shoot each other tonight? I can take blockers off of Tetra. There's pretty minimal risk of two town deaths that way.
Tetra's the more trusted of the two vigs it seems like and the only way she can die with this plan is Kichiro telling the truth-- which would imply Tetra's scum anyway.
This means we can focus our attention somewhere other than the vig debacle today and get it resolved without having to worry too much about two town death's tonight since one of the vigs is probably lying, so them shooting each other ensures the one that's lying is dead tomorrow.]]
[[I honestly found this line of thought and the conversation that came out of it weird. I don't understand why having two claimed-vig's shoot each other at night would've been a good idea; that's waiting for a townie kill and holding off on a lynch. I know DW later rectified her way of thinking, but this honestly just looked like she wanted to watch people take each other out. Especially if there are 4 Mafia like she's speculating, that would leave 3 Mafia left and lose a Townie in the process.]]

The bad guys probably knew that Tyrunt was gonna bite Garchomp. Even Jet had been assuming it would happen. No wonder they hadn’t tried to get rid of her.

Jet flicked her tails. “I’m pretty sure Espeon was the fruit seller. No one got any fruit mail, right?”
[[Wait why do you think HelloJack was the other Mailman?]]

"Anyway, I don't have much time here, so I'll just point out what I think," Archie growled.

DawningWinds: "I don't like you, you don't like me. You claim a Jack-of-all-Trades power to redirect others' actions. You tried to protect that Absol and get the Espeon killed even earlier, and we now know the Espeon was Innocent. You suggested watching two claimed vigilantes shoot each other. I really think you just want to watch the world burn--which I don't blame y'for."

Inkedust: "I like you, but I don't know a thing about you. Your determination to take out that other pirate makes me think that you're not affiliated with him. You successfully pushed for that, which I'll give you cred for."

Bench: "You say you're a bodyguard and told us who you've been guarding each night. Nothing has happened, which lines up with the kills so far. No one has spoken up to counterclaim you, so you're looking more Innocent in my eyes."

Panoramic_Vacuum: "I hate you, Champion. I admit, you've been helpful with sorting out the previous Mailmen debacle and bringing up conversation. But like with several others, I don't know what you do. You said your night action doesn't give any info. Do you do anything at all? Interfering with play in ways we all don't know?"

Chibi Pika: "As cagey and mysterious as ever. I admit, none of your arguments yesterday swayed me. You claim to make yourself the front and center of attention as a strategy but say you knew things after the fact was revealed. I know other players, including the Espeon, say they trust you and that this is typical play from you. But I can't help but feel that you're hiding something important, especially if you're claiming to not be the third Mailman."

Flyg0n: "Your claim got us to successfully capture our first mafia! I know you feel about what happened last night, but considering how silent the Garchomp was, I don't blame ye, kid. You're a good one in my eyes."

Dragonfree: "I don't feel bad about you. You've been helpful in conversation and sleuthing, but you only claim to have not been a Mailman, Absorber, or Parrot. Not a word yet about what you might know or what you can do. As helpful as you've been, there's a bit much uncertainty surrounding you for me to pin you down just yet."

Claimed roles:
- Inke: unknown
- DW: redirecting JOAT
- Starlight: mailman
- Bench: bodyguard
- Pano: unknown
- Chibi: unknown
- Flyg0n: odd-night vigilante
- Free: unknown

[[Also, part of me is worried that there may be another third party at play, but if there were 4 mafia and a confirmed TP, 6/15 would be too many hostiles, right? I mean, we don't know that Sike was hostile, she could've just been a survivor. Am I being paranoid? If that's so, we've got 4 hostiles left out of the 8 players. So it SHOULD just be the 3 mafia and 5 townies, shouldn't it?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Got a message last night, from the item messanger. It was supposed to go go Tetra but I stole it off her to make sure she wouldn't be roleblocked to allow her to prove her role.
Dear Rascal:

Congrats! You received [item]!

Trust u = town Vig. Sus: Abra/Pano/Inke. Trust Chibi. Feel good re: Free/DW. Will vote Abra. Tell us who u will shoot by naming them in RP. Pls reveal u got letter to prove no swap.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[huh

Well uh? Thanks? I dunno lol

But that's interesting...]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May paced in agitation. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

"No, I didn't get any mail." She'd suspected it was the Espeon sending the mail, too. She just hadn't figured the mafia'd go for them. "Since two people died, either the mafia's got some kind of one-shot extra kill or the Tyrunt's telling the truth about being a vigilante. That's...." The Ledian had made a point of defending the Tyrunt, before. But if she was telling the truth... "We've only got eight people left. At least two of them are mafia, maybe three. We need to check out everyone's interactions with the Ledian today."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Got a message last night, from the item messanger. It was supposed to go go Tetra but I stole it off her to make sure she wouldn't be roleblocked to allow her to prove her role.
[[so wait, you used the jost power that forces all actions targeting one player to target you? Or?

Pls can you elaborate exactly which power you used and how it works, I have a thought... ]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Also, part of me is worried that there may be another third party at play, but if there were 4 mafia and a confirmed TP, 6/15 would be too many hostiles, right? I mean, we don't know that Sike was hostile, she could've just been a survivor. Am I being paranoid? If that's so, we've got 4 hostiles left out of the 8 players. So it SHOULD just be the 3 mafia and 5 townies, shouldn't it?
[[If there was another 3p Mafia could just be a bit smaller, potentially with slightly-sttonger than expected powers to make up for it? Regardless I don't see there being more than 3 hostiles left either.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
May paced in agitation. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

"No, I didn't get any mail." She'd suspected it was the Espeon sending the mail, too. She just hadn't figured the mafia'd go for them. "Since two people died, either the mafia's got some kind of one-shot extra kill or the Tyrunt's telling the truth about being a vigilante. That's...." The Ledian had made a point of defending the Tyrunt, before. But if she was telling the truth... "We've only got eight people left. At least two of them are mafia, maybe three. We need to check out everyone's interactions with the Ledian today."
[[yeah, I was trying to review everything yesterday and nothing stood out strongly enough to me.

A few people I trusted as town also sussed abra a little so I was thinking maybe they're onto something, this is way too quiet even for a hesitant town player.

Clearly I was wrong. :sadwott:

3/5 scum split is rough though, we need a good lynch today]]

Top Bottom