• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[so wait, you used the jost power that forces all actions targeting one player to target you? Or?

Pls can you elaborate exactly which power you used and how it works, I have a thought... ]]
[[Yep, used thief on you-- all actions targetting you would be redirected to me.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[God, I'm so tired. I am now realising, this far into the game that yeah, no, I needed a lot longer off Mafia, but I'm here now so it's whatever. While a misplaced Vig shot sucks, at the very least, it narrows down our sus pool significantly given that we have Abra's flip and confirms Tetra's role - who is almost certainly Town. My current observations from this and Virgil's flip is as follows:
  • I think Bench's claim of being a Bodyguard is legitimate.
  • I've been feeling very wafflely on Chibi and Pano and I don't like it. Historically, these two normally demonstrate their Towniness pretty quickly, so them being so null on my readlist makes me uneasy.
  • Starlight is... Weird. On the one hand I haven't been liking her posts all that much, but on the other... I just don't see Mailman as a Mafia role. Also based on the wording of that letter... I get the feeling that the third mailman was NeoLurosa, which would mean 3 Townie mailmen.
  • I think I want to trust Free? But PoE makes that rough if Bench's claim is true/We do have 3 Town Mailmen.
  • DW's play does generally seem Towny despite a few bonkers suggestions (which are par for the course, tbh) and claimed night actions appear Town-aligned, so going to trust tentatively as well.
Of the lot, I'm feeling the least confident about Pano and I wonder if we should just mass claim at this point seeing the spot we're currently in.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[God, I'm so tired. I am now realising, this far into the game that yeah, no, I needed a lot longer off Mafia, but I'm here now so it's whatever. While a misplaced Vig shot sucks, at the very least, it narrows down our sus pool significantly given that we have Abra's flip and confirms Tetra's role - who is almost certainly Town. My current observations from this and Virgil's flip is as follows:
  • I think Bench's claim of being a Bodyguard is legitimate.
  • I've been feeling very wafflely on Chibi and Pano and I don't like it. Historically, these two normally demonstrate their Towniness pretty quickly, so them being so null on my readlist makes me uneasy.
  • Starlight is... Weird. On the one hand I haven't been liking her posts all that much, but on the other... I just don't see Mailman as a Mafia role. Also based on the wording of that letter... I get the feeling that the third mailman was NeoLurosa, which would mean 3 Townie mailmen.
  • I think I want to trust Free? But PoE makes that rough if Bench's claim is true/We do have 3 Town Mailmen.
  • DW's play does generally seem Towny despite a few bonkers suggestions (which are par for the course, tbh) and claimed night actions appear Town-aligned, so going to trust tentatively as well.
Of the lot, I'm feeling the least confident about Pano and I wonder if we should just mass claim at this point seeing the spot we're currently in.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jet held up a sheet of paper. “This is the mail that I got that other night.”

Dear Jet:

Congrats! You received Lum Berry!

Hope u = Town! Unsure of reads. No use for 250ch but spotting swaps. Can't rly lay out plan even if sure you = Town. Voted for Dorien, thought 1 Mailman would = scum. Archie seems Town tho. =(

G. Luck!

“They said they voted for Dorien. Also the Espeon asked me for mail advice and they thought that one mailman was bad.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'd rather avoid a mass claim iff possible but maybe it'll be necessary later?

It seems like Pano is collectively the most uncertain for a lot of folks who I reasonably feel like are town....

So it seems like one mailman was Neolurosa and the other was someone else? Hm. Cause chibi's message sounds like its from Neolurosa if I understood right, cause they voted for Dorien?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I get the feeling that the third mailman was NeoLurosa, which would mean 3 Townie mailmen.
[[They were. I modified the message to hide that to see see if I could bait scum into trying to fakeclaim it, but I have very quickly realized how stupid scum would have to be.
Here's the actual message, item and all.
Dear Rascal:

Congrats! You received Aspear Berry!

Trust u = town Vig. Sus: Abra/Pano/Inke. Trust Chibi. Feel good re: Free/DW. Will vote Abra. Tell us who u will shoot by naming them in RP reply to us. Pls reveal u got letter to prove no swap.

<3 NL

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I am a ultra dumb, I did not see the 'NL' at the end of the letter lol. ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May's mind raced. "You know what? Okay, yeah, I'm willing to claim today if we want to have everyone do it."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wait whats going on

"As for me, I tried to mail that one"--he jabbed a thumb at Steven--"last night to see if he'd be targeted for redirected or swapping. Did you get my message?
Starlight sent a message to steven

NL tried to message me (now dead)

And Chibi got a message from someone else, (but not Sind) except that if NL was the mailman, and Sind was mailman but long dead, then huh???????
:riowat:

Amd I stupid or missing something

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
And Chibi got a message from someone else, (but not Sind) except that if NL was the mailman, and Sind was mailman but long dead, then huh???????
[[Chibi's message is from NeoLurosa the previous night]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Wait whats going on

Starlight sent a message to steven

NL tried to message me (now dead)

Amd I stupid or missing something
[[I think Chibi got theirs night one or night 2.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[As in, they had previously claimed they got a message from the fruit vendor mailman but not revealed what it said; now they did.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Chibi's message is from NeoLurosa the previous night]]
[[OH I see.

I was about to say that does not add up, that would have meant four messages somehow which would just be so horried lol

TY for clearing that up, hah]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Kinda wish I'd gotten the message/mail, might have made me shoot Pano if I thought someone would vote abra the next day :think:

Oh well. Bygones are bygones.

I actually might vote pano purely for Vibes of elimination, since everyone feels vaguely more towny than Pano but all I have feels still circumstantial, even after a speedreading cursory review. Mostly just vibes of 'waiting to hear what everyone else says and being puzzled over mailman and feeling like they jumped late onto wagons'

But I can freely admit this feels so circumstantial.

The other options on the table is mass claiming which... I guess its not up to me to say, since I already claimed my role and proved it, so I have slightly less left to lose?

I would be interested to hear what others feel about mass claiming, but I support it if like, CHibi and free and Inkee are all game I guess.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Kinda wish I'd gotten the message/mail, might have made me shoot Pano if I thought someone would vote abra the next day :think:
[[You wouldn't have gotten it until this morning, I believe, so you wouldn't have been able to use it to influence your choice for this night.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[You wouldn't have gotten it until this morning, I believe, so you wouldn't have been able to use it to influence your choice for this night.]]
[[Oh thats how they work? Duh that makes sense now lol. Well I feel slightly better now.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-neutral.png
“Yup, the Espeon mailed me the other night, not last night."

jet-confident.png
"And we definitely gotta say our powers today. I've been waitin' forever!"

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[I'm already claimed but I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and say that massclaiming in -Lo is usually a smart call. If we don't massclaim there's less of a chance we even get another night for Mafia to mess with us as massclaims usually increase the odds of catching scum based on mechanics and balance, so this is the point where I think its best to have all the information out.]]

Top Bottom