• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I cannot begin to express how much the idea that having freakin knowledge of HoC to help with this game, or with PSMD, would help with this, that aggrieves me so deeply that a thousand Judgement Wobuffet faces cannot express]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Oi, for the record, none of the cards are directly HoC related. Just because I'm fond of some themes doesn't mean I'd just port things directly from HoC into a game unrelated to it. There's little I can do to help with something that "feels" like something I would do, though. People have styles.

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Anyways I sort of maybe have an idea? But I won't say it anyways, but idk if this makes me feel any better about Chibi? I have to ponder this further]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

No, you cannot. This is somewhat of a gray area between what it means to be familiar with another player and therefore understanding their tells, reads, and references, and utilizing something through quasi 'daytalk.'

Unambiguously sending DMs to someone that seems to be gibberish for the sole purpose of decoding it in a mafia thread is just daytalk. I wouldn't strawman what just happened into that same situation. Referring to something coincidental in previous interactions, having nothing to do with mafia itself, is not the same... though it's probably better to avoid abusing such things.

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[…did Dragonfree claims strings first? I can’t remember. But a stringer with OSBP and a way to deter others from acting on them / kill others is starting to make a lot of sense. Especially if Courtney isn’t as clean as people make her out to be.]]
[[Are you really suggesting what I think you are??? This would mean Free is TP and Starlight somehow colluded with her, that makes no sense.]]

[[Also can we send other players DMs and reveal in thread that was a code? Because there are people I would like to send messages to with the cipher posted in thread.]]
[[I have no idea whats going on now :V]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

I suggest you stop. Your concern has been noted. I would discourage referring to things that happened in private even before the mafia game started, but anything public is fair game. I can't exactly on-the-fly make a ruling on where the line is drawn, though, because this is a community that has a lot of familiarities with one another, and that can't be helped.

]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[

I suggest you stop. Your concern has been noted. I would discourage referring to things that happened in private even before the mafia game started, but anything public is fair game. I can't exactly on-the-fly make a ruling on where the line is drawn, though, because this is a community that has a lot of familiarities with one another, and that can't be helped.

]]
[[My core issue is that Chibi's rec to Dragonfree is not public as I understand it.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[That doesn't even matter this isn't remotely helpful.

There's like three other things mentioned in tandem with that that are hinted at and Free is confirmed town. I don't care. :V ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I can agree that referring to private communications in order to ensure something you say is only understood by particular players is pretty dubious in mafia. I do believe Chibi did it in good faith. Namo can rule on how it should be handled, but for future purposes I don't think it's something that should be allowed.

I need to finish working through whether I trust Chibi but also it's my and Negrek's birthday and it's 1AM and I need to draw a birthday thing for her and I have work in the morning, so I'm going to have to call it quits here for tonight. I'm also going to be having a birthday thing tomorrow but should be around before EoD. Provisionally my opinion is we should probably go for Inke, who is probably likelier than anyone else to be the Beast. I guess I will drop a vote juuust in case:

Vote: Mademoiselle (Inkedust)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[This does seem like a pretty solid plan, although planning night actions ahead of time is always a bit risky because it means anti-town players can precisely plan for how to respond to it, and we don't know exactly what they can do.

And of course, we can't entirely trust you. While you have claimed, and I find your play today pretty convincing, we don't technically have any evidence that you actually have the speaking-to-the-dead power; you could simply be making it up. I did find the way you claimed it pretty convincing, but also mayyybe anti-town medium could be a thing in this game? I can think of a couple ways. Hrmm.

I've received a message, like other stringees, that the strings are tight but not taut, so that we are not in the state we were yesterday where we would lose if we didn't eliminate a stringee, though we could still land in that situation. That definitely helps.]]
[[This is true, precise planning can leave room for counters but I also wonder if this can force their hand.

If we hope the beast or stringer can't off all of us, or enough of us, I feel like this could still work.

While I don't trust chibi fully I feel a modicum better leaving them alive, at least for now. And then I feel like... between everything?

Maybe one Critical person can survive to tell the tale of what happened at night, since I wonder if Beast/Stringer/Scum can kill us all? Thats my hope. If I survive and Starlight dies, we can still know who to trust. And while losing our cop would be a harsh blow to town, it'd be hard to imagine that Starlight will get to live anyways, sadly :/.

At least knowing who she was going to investigate can help.

Anyways I'm going to put my money where my mouth was earlier. Vote: Inke
I need to finish working through whether I trust Chibi but also it's my and Negrek's birthday and it's 1AM and I need to draw a birthday thing for her and I have work in the morning, so I'm going to have to call it quits here for tonight. I'm also going to be having a birthday thing tomorrow but should be around before EoD. Provisionally my opinion is we should probably go for Inke, who is probably likelier than anyone else to be the Beast. I guess I will drop a vote juuust in case:
YO HAPPY BIP DIP??? I DIDN"T KNOW

]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

I will be very clear that all of this public table-pounding has been making a lot of people publicly and privately uncomfortable. It's not a good look. I am explicitly discouraging that and suggesting talking to me privately about issues you may have.

In regards to the current situation, I agree that generally speaking it must all be public information, or at least publicly available. Previous mafia games, etc. are fair game, as are public discussions on the discord or forums, no matter how far back.

I'm currently mulling over what to do in this particular situation. Chibi had confirmed with me privately what the rules are for what is allowed to be said in the mafia game, and I replied that the only thing explicitly forbidden is directly quoting what I tell them in DMs. (Even then, I had only said not to quote card details, and forgot to specify it should be anything said privately, hence the warning to Blossom some time ago. Or... someone.)

As for the current situation, I'll admit that it's probably best if somehow the private information was made publicly available. The only aspect that's private is that Chibi happened to send Free something unrelated to the game with no intent of tying it to the game. Disclosing that information would make all of this fully kosher even with the new rule in place. However, that is also possibly unfair to Chibi, because as we know, publicly revealing something could give different advantages, hence why it was deliberately concealed.

I'll need a few hours to think about this to make an attempt at evening this out so it'd be fair to everyone. Some of this falls on my shoulders for leaving this gray area as a valid action to take prior to the revision. Sorry.

Do note, however, that it has nothing to do with the amount of uncomfortable talk going on here. If that, too, happens again, I will take action. That goes for any future games as well.

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'd like to voice that I don't really take issue with what was said by Chibi, given that it felt good faith, and that 90% of what was said was alluded to in the thread itself, and was all decently open hints about things in the game.

If that helps your decision at all.

Naturally I expect going forward things might solidified, but I don't feel harmed by what chibi said. Anyways I don't want this to feel like a dogpile or anything, I just wanted to air my opinion that I'm not up in arms or feeling overly bothered. :yes:]]

Top Bottom