• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[INCIDENTALLY that one time I advised Blossom to check if Inke was the beast like two minutes before EoD? That was legitimately a thought that came to me there and it just slipped my mind that Inke was a Void Shadow. For a moment there after the day ended I was like "Shit, what if Blossom finds she is the Beast and we have to vote her out tomorrow." Then Blossom didn't actually check Inke, so I could go back to just sticking to my prior townread.

Buuuut that does leave me with the fact I did find Inke's reaction to Blossom kind of possibly-Beastish, and now she's confirmed third party. I do now really wish Blossom had just checked her, but I don't think we can rationally ignore the fact we've learned she has a different win condition? We'd just have to take her word for her being Survivor and not one of the multiple hostile third parties we know we have; we don't have any sort of inforole that could confirm, to my knowledge.

I am curious how the different win condition thing between Inke and Starlight happened, since it sounds like neither of them triggered it; presumably that's an action somebody else took? It's annoying not knowing exactly what sort of claim might let the stringer get you, if any; I can definitely picture it being safe for someone to reveal that they were the one who caused it, but it also could not be.

Something pretty interesting: right now we have ten living players, one of whom must be the stringer (since Seren got strung today). Four living people have claimed to be strung, right? Me, Starlight, Bench and Seren? So technically the stringer and their stringees should be at parity right now? But we haven't felt the strings tightening. As far as I can tell the possible explanations for this are:

- The condition for the strings tightening isn't actually parity-with-the-stringer-counted?
- Some people's strings have been cleared, one way or another (without our knowledge, presumably, unless someone's been holding back). Maybe the stringer tried to mass-kill stringees last night and this burned up all the existing strings, or something like that.
- One of the people who claim to have been strung is lying about it (and possibly is the stringer?)

...Which sure is giving me some paranoia. I am 100% confident in both Seren and Starlight, so this is giving me second thoughts about Bench of all people? But it'd be incredibly elaborate if the whole Latios/Latias thing was fake, and I have a hard time picturing Namo making Latios mafia/third party when Latias is town, and the tracker claim is almost definitely legit because he contradicted Blossom before the whole swap thing there came to light and he couldn't possibly have known about that? On the other hand Bench's claim is kind of weird because I can't imagine why on earth he'd have the ability to look for Latias but not be told anything about why he needs to look for Latias or what it means even after he does find Latias.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Okay never mind I asked Namo and he says the strings are still tight.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Uuuugh shit does that mean we actually have to kill a stringee today again? We super 100% can't afford that]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Boy, midday and barely any votes made? I'm soooo surprised!" Darkwhite said as she performed the backstroke through the air.

[[

Midday checkin:

Remaining players: 10

Ajia (1):
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Abstain (9):
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Kora (Zoroark) [Fusion] (was SparklingEspeon)

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Idk about you all though, I still say we vote inke, the only confirmed TP, and maybe Ask Starlight to check chibi?

Even if Starlight dies, scum can't kill both of us.

Either starlight gets a real answer about chibi or Sind or someone, or I ask Dead!Starlight about who they investigated.

Like so:

Starlight vows to investigate someone - Chibi or Sind or Kora, since they're kind in the air.

If Starlight lives and I die, we know who to kill, easy peasy. It's almost math at that point.

If Starlight dies, I ask Starlight: "Was the person you investigated guilty?"
[[This does seem like a pretty solid plan, although planning night actions ahead of time is always a bit risky because it means anti-town players can precisely plan for how to respond to it, and we don't know exactly what they can do.

And of course, we can't entirely trust you. While you have claimed, and I find your play today pretty convincing, we don't technically have any evidence that you actually have the speaking-to-the-dead power; you could simply be making it up. I did find the way you claimed it pretty convincing, but also mayyybe anti-town medium could be a thing in this game? I can think of a couple ways. Hrmm.

I've received a message, like other stringees, that the strings are tight but not taut, so that we are not in the state we were yesterday where we would lose if we didn't eliminate a stringee, though we could still land in that situation. That definitely helps.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
@Persephone, I am interested in how your lover supposedly had some information a while back that suggested I wasn't to be trusted. Are you able to reveal the nature of this supposed information?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I still don't know why I had to find Latias, but when they died, I was granted conplete invincibility and unblockability for the following night. That's when I did my gambit.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Just woke up, am late for work, gonna put my thoughts here real quick.]]

Chibi is mechanically confirmed to be either the Stringer or Beast,
[[I'm going to run with this, on the whole "roleclaiming gets you stringed" theory. If the stringer can string anyone who roleclaims, then it's definitely possible that Ajia knows for sure that Pano was a bus driver. Ajia had talked about how she knew for certain that Pano was bus driver, which would line up with the stringer/roleclaiming theory. She's discouraging others from saying their roles since then, though.]]

[[Where are you getting my solid trust in her? I'm kind of cautious of Chibi, especially at this stage of the process of elimination; they haven't been mafia before but I'm sure they'd be good at acting convincingly town. We have no real evidence on them, other than that I do believe they have the passive ability they say they do, but that one's not really necessarily town.]]
[[It was based on that I've seen you mostly follow Ajia's voting lead.

Wait, what was Ajia's passive ability?]]

I am 100% confident in both Seren and Starlight, so this is giving me second thoughts about Bench of all people?
[[Unless Bench is a godfather, I cleared him. I meant to inspect Blossom one night, but Pano swapped Bench and Blossom, so I got a townread on Bench.

Also confirming that I got the same message about strings that Dragonfree did.]]

Courtney rubbed her head. "Yeah, my strings are still there. Not as tight as before, but still really annoying."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Also @Chibi Pika is there anything you can tell us without exposing your role further?

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[It was based on that I've seen you mostly follow Ajia's voting lead.

Wait, what was Ajia's passive ability?]]
[[I had my own reasons for voting Shini (and also my hand was forced on D2 when it was the only reasonable alternative to sans); nothing to do with following Chibi's lead.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I still don't know why I had to find Latias, but when they died, I was granted conplete invincibility and unblockability for the following night. That's when I did my gambit.]]
[[I mean I believe you but thats just wild. Find Latios.... for some unknown reason....

???? like ok. Thats pretty wild. But I trust you, to be clear, I'm just tyring to figure out why on earth that would be a thing. Oh well

Anyways I find it hard to believe that Kora also can say absolutely nothing other than "I'm town" and I really wish they'd engage in discussion.

Given they subbed in for someone already inactive.... having a SUper Ultra Null is grating]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Yeah, @Fusion, would really appreciate some sort of input. Any thoughts at all? Any useful information you have?

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I'm going to run with this, on the whole "roleclaiming gets you stringed" theory. If the stringer can string anyone who roleclaims, then it's definitely possible that Ajia knows for sure that Pano was a bus driver. Ajia had talked about how she knew for certain that Pano was bus driver, which would line up with the stringer/roleclaiming theory. She's discouraging others from saying their roles since then, though.]]
[[This is oddly compelling, but also Chibi's been possibly the main person trying to discourage unnecessary roleclaiming all game, as far as I can recall. Hrmm.]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“They tried to kill you, Dave. The shot hit, you didn’t die. Still not entirely sure how that happened, unless you’ve been lying about the extent of your powers. But unless you and Courtney are in cahoots, and I don’t think you are, you’re cleared.

“Or unless Courtney is lying about being cop. It’s an easy enough role to fake and she was on the verge of the bandwagon when she made the claim. Then, suddenly, nothing.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[I've been checking in still to make sure I didn't get swamped with pages, but I really don't have anything to input. I'm not great at the deduction part of social deduction, and RP's been kinda set aside, so I've just been quiet. I've been vocal past games when I had nothing to actually and that led to me being more sus and voted out when I was town, which as you could imagine, wasn't good for Town.

I don't have any useful information, unless saying that I have no idea if anyone interacted with me during the night phase counts as useful, and me not doing anything in the night also counts as useful. My role is best left unsaid, so I'm choosing to be cautious and quiet about it unless it's absolutely necessary for me to speak up on it.

So far, nothing's come up that I actually need to address nor have any say on. People being suspect of me is reasonable, but I legit don't have anything to counter those suspicions with because I have nothing to give. And the few bits of RP that popped up kinda got washed in the actually helpful discussion of the game, and I didn't want to interrupt by posting and having nothing to say about it.]]

"What he said. It said. The voice above my head," Kora nodded. "We're both really sorry for not being able to help, but we thought it'd be better to be silent with nothing to say than vocal with nothing to add."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“They tried to kill you, Dave. The shot hit, you didn’t die. Still not entirely sure how that happened, unless you’ve been lying about the extent of your powers. But unless you and Courtney are in cahoots, and I don’t think you are, you’re cleared.
[[wait Linda WHAT]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

“Or unless Courtney is lying about being cop. It’s an easy enough role to fake and she was on the verge of the bandwagon when she made the claim. Then, suddenly, nothing.”
“As for more information, I’m part of the sword and shield. My partner’s a vigilante, I cover for her. She thought the Miller claim was a little too sus from a top player probably trying to avoid the inevitable cop scan. And I suppose, at least at the time, she was right.”
[[Well, the miller claim was completely true when I claimed it!

I feel pretty weird about this claim but it's hard to get into why without implicitly speculating about who your lover is, which wouldn't be great if you're actually town. The obvious alternative, of course, is that the two of you are just mafia, who shot me because that's what the mafia does.

For what it's worth I never claimed to have revealed all my powers (I have not).]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[BRUH. This game gets crazier and crazier

Well it makes no difference to me on account of the fact that I trust Free anyways. And I generally doubt starlight is lying unless Big Galaxy brain at which point its busted anyways

I way more worried about which proper TP to off then - Inke or Chibi or possibly Kora?]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I already said that I knew he was a bus driver because I can detect when I'm redirected/blocked/ect. And I've been aggressively against people claiming for the entire game. Also, pano got stringed after claiming, so of course it was public knowledge by then. And I was vocal about how I really, really wanted to vote Persephone yesterday, but doing so would have given the stringer the win.]]

Also @Chibi Pika is there anything you can tell us without exposing your role further?
[[I've been thinking about this because I really want to, but it's been hard to come up with hints to give without... straight-up claiming. And I refuse to put us in another stupid string debacle. So here's what I can say for now:

- My power is not quite a normal mafia archetype, but it's similar to one.
- My action N2 was very poorly aimed. If you think about what information I knew at the start of Day 3, you might be able to deduce why.
- My power comboes well with my passive ability to let me figure out what happened.
- There's a certain person whose claim I believed instantly because I was expecting the 'normal' version of my role to also be in the game.

I really want you to know my role but I don't want to tip off the stringer. I wrote an LC extra about a Pokemon character and showed it to you recently. That's my patron (yes, really). Namo once mentioned what sort of Blacklight build it would have (try searching for it). My power is a variant on that.]]

Top Bottom