• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I CANNOT KEEP TRACK OF ALL THESE FUCKING LISTS BRB Y'ALL]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ajia gave Cosmo's Guardian a serious look. "I'm not remotely convinced that Kekoa is a lover. Kekoa is mafia. The only reason I haven't voted for him instantly is because we need to sort out the beast situation first."
[[I don't really get how you can feel so convinced of this when this setup has been so strange and you were wrong several times before (this isn't me trying to be mean either, I have been wrong too, and understandably so, this game is whacky) I'm just saying...

It wouldn't really be the craziest thing, would it? I mean TP bus driver!

broadly speaking....

Anyways I totally forgot to go back and look at Blossoms cleared lists.

It seems the best to be done is wait for my answer.

Otherwise, voting Inke seems safe - they might be telling the truth, or they might be hostile, and we know they are TP so if they are stringer or beast, thats still helpful to be rid off. Especially since we know they have another wincon.
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Regardless of whatever Blossom answers with I think I'll fucking claim. Truthfully, I don't know if it's really going to help my case at all, but at least you'll understand WHY I'm so insistent I get targeted by info roles, because it's besides the fact that you'll effectively clear me. Plus, I think at this point the sooner I explain what my broken ass passive ability does, the better it'll be for my case because it's gonna look mighty, uh, convenient.]]
"Please don't," Ajia said desperately. "We know the stringer is still around, and while I'd like to feel more confident of you, I'm definitely not voting for you today unless something really weird happens, so it can wait until tomorrow. The worst thing would be for us to get into another situation where we can't vote for the person we want to because of the strings."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Courtney / Starlight (Clear)
Sidney / Pano (Clear)
Arc / Bench... Not the beast... but you had inspected yourself instead?
[[Never. Fucking. Mind. Disregard everything I said about Pano being the beast, I guess they straight up just were non-hostile TP. Dumb diaper baby brain strikes AGAIN.

Everything else about Inke and the second bus driver theory tho? Unless you can also tell me I missed something in regard to those, sticking to my guns there.

Sorry for long post that gleaned absolutely not much more than my incessant rambling i'm crying]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm fine with Sind not claiming tbh.

My eyes are more firmly on Inke rn anyways]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Please don't," Ajia said desperately. "We know the stringer is still around, and while I'd like to feel more confident of you, I'm definitely not voting for you today unless something really weird happens, so it can wait until tomorrow. The worst thing would be for us to get into another situation where we can't vote for the person we want to because of the strings."
"I am so sorry," Odette said in a livid breath. "I thought I had a temper, but this imbecile guardian of mine--"

[[YEAH YEAH, I'M SORRY, I'm just really fucking anxious about all this and I can't read or take notes, apparently. Totally forgot Pano had been cleared of Beast because, uh, fried. In my aggravated haze I totally forgot that I am still up for being stringed lol so I'm just gonna shut my mouth smile.]]

Ajia sighed deeply. "I... I already explained this. I know Sidney was a bus driver, and a third party bus driver makes no sense. I understand that I was wrong. Obviously, he really was a third party bus driver. It's still really, really weird, and I don't feel bad for not seeing it coming."
[[No but I mean like even today I think Tetra mentioned "hopefully we can hope nobody got swapped" so I somehow thought that logic was still somewhat on the table and it confused me a lot, clearly.]]

"Yeah, so in other words you're a fucking dumbass."

[[Eeeeeeexactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy YES!!!!]]

Well, we both thought 4 lovers in vanilla!Mafia was insane and look where we ended up :V
feelsbadman 👏

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[No but I mean like even today I think Tetra mentioned "hopefully we can hope nobody got swapped" so I somehow thought that logic was still somewhat on the table and it confused me a lot, clearly.]]
[[Oh! By this I just meant like... Pano swapping something before they died? Is that possible? Its my understanding that swaps go before kills so if they'd like... swapped Starlights read or something weird before death, ya know? or swapped something, idk

But that probably isn't the case?]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Oh! By this I just meant like... Pano swapping something before they died? Is that possible? Its my understanding that swaps go before kills so if they'd like... swapped Starlights read or something weird before death, ya know? or swapped something, idk
[[OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH got it got it. Uhhhhhhhhhh that's a little spooky to think about actually LOL]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[I don't really get how you can feel so convinced of this when this setup has been so strange and you were wrong several times before (this isn't me trying to be mean either, I have been wrong too, and understandably so, this game is whacky) I'm just saying...
"I know that I was wrong, but at this point there are so few suspects that he has to be."

"Think about it: I'm not voting for Dave, Courtney, Arctozolt, or Kimiko, period. We've eliminated Laura and sans, and I'm pretty convinced Sidney was non-hostile because we know he wasn't the stringer or the beast. I think he was a survivor, most likely. Mostly because I can't imagine how a bus driver could be hostile. (And Princess's Guardian was pretty convinced he wasn't?) That leaves..."

Ajia paused sharply, clapping her paws together. "Hang on. When Shimmer asked about the number of hostiles. What if Dave counted. Dave wasn't an unknowing member of the gaming cult--he was sort of like a second-in-command, for a little while. What if that counted as hostile? And now that he's purified, he doesn't count anymore?"

[[I have been racking my brain over how many hostiles are left. It's too many. Kekoa, Kora, and Mademoiselle are definitely hostile. Odette and Cosmo, though... I refuse to believe that both of them are. One or the other maybe, but definitely not both. Then I was puzzling over why Dave got affected by the Void Shadows asymmetrically to the other three cultees, and I realized that Namo is playing out the plot of PSMD with the Dark Matter role. Dave was the second-in-command to Dark Matter (major PSMD spoilers in that link) and I can easily see that counting as hostile. Then he got purified.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Ajia paused sharply, clapping her paws together. "Hang on. When Shimmer asked about the number of hostiles. What if Dave counted. Dave wasn't an unknowing member of the gaming cult--he was sort of like a second-in-command, for a little while. What if that counted as hostile? And now that he's purified, he doesn't count anymore?"
[[But doesn't oracle only get to know about initial setup? Not things that can change during gameplay?

Also are you kidding? So having knowledge of PSMD would somehow improve our likelihood of winning the game???? :V I sure hope not.

I sure hope not.

Anyways I feel like voting Inke is a decent bet tbh.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[What the fuck is PSMD]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[But doesn't oracle only get to know about initial setup? Not things that can change during gameplay?
"sans having a mechanic where the first person he targets becomes his underling would have been in the game from the start, though, right? Inevitably, Dark Matter would have an underling. Just like one of the other games that was held here, one where the mafia got to recruit someone on the first night, and it was built into the setup from the beginning."

Also are you kidding? So having knowledge of PSMD would somehow improve our likelihood of winning the game???? :V I sure hope not.
[[Considering that my role is Literally Just an HoC Character, I wouldn't put anything past Namo at this point.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"sans having a mechanic where the first person he targets becomes his underling would have been in the game from the start, though, right? Inevitably, Dark Matter would have an underling. Just like one of the other games that was held here, one where the mafia got to recruit someone on the first night, and it was built into the setup from the beginning."

[[Considering that my role is Literally Just an HoC Character, I wouldn't put anything past Namo at this point.]]
1645123320429.png

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Second most recent if you count RTDX]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Uggh I cannot think of a way to make my point clear and keep my role obscured without painting a target on my back anyways, so I'm going to just going to come out and say it. I will not be sharing my patron, for a couple of reasons. One is to see if I get stringed from my role, as opposed to my patron. The other reason I will be keeping private. ]]

Shimmer was not feeling good about her plays. What kind of leader just sat back and let others do the work for them. Perhaps this was her chance to step up, though. "Okay, listen up everyone! I am an oracle. Each night, Darkwhite allows me to ask her a question about the game's setup. On the first night, I asked how many mafia and hostile third party roles were in the game, combined. Darkwhite told me there was seven, and specified that hostile, in this case, means that they win if town loses."

She crossed her arms, putting on a pouty face. "Darkwhite seemed pretty excited about the chaos some of those roles would cause, just as an fyi." Waving a hand dismissively, she continued. "An-y-ways, last night, I asked specifically asked Darkwhite 'is there a non-hostile role that prevents marks from being placed on a player by voting for that player?' Her answer? nope!"

Glancing towards the mighteyna, she added. "Dave here more or less covered my thoughts. I do not think that sans is part of the mafia. Based on the way I asked my question, however, I know sans lied about his role. I have a sneaking suspicion that sans really is one of these cult leaders, and I disagree with the cacturne's reasoning that just because he was the first one to speculate on multiple cult leaders, it makes him unlikely to be a cult leader himself. Additionally, if he is a cult leader, I don't know whether it's better to vote him out fast, or if we can can deal with him later." Using her psychic powers, she waved one of the rulebooks around before hurling it into the center of the group. "According to the book, in some cult variants, if a cult leader dies, all the followers die as well."

She turned her attention next to Puck. "As for the current discussion, I'll be honest, something the, uh, that thing --" she gestured to Arctozolt "-- said makes me very hesitant to vote for Puck. I will not spell it out, but I suggest considering whether he's the best choice. I am not... super enthused with the Fray wagon, but if the vote came down between the two of them, I would vote for Fray over Puck. As for my reads as a whole... I'll let my guardian take care of that."

[[I'll come back for deeper reads and explanations later tonight, but for now, let me divide it up, very loosely in order

Confirmed Town by death flip
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]

Strong Town
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Soft Town
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]

Null
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Mild Sus
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]

Major Sus
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Confirmed Mafia
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
]]
[[Okay so here is what Wind said.

7 hostile. Its possible Pano could also be 'hostile', as in 'wins if town loses', no?

Blu
Jackie
Pano
Stringer
Beast
Inke
Sind/Chibi?

Whut

That's... hm. Maybe the Void Shadowed thing is true...? UGH

I have to review/get clarification from Free...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Oh my fucking God." Dave stared at his card. "Okay, you're not going to believe this shit. Fucking sans recruited me into his gaming cult on the first night, and my win condition changed to keeping the other unknowing members of his secret club alive. Only then last night, guess what, Cresselia visited me and cured me of it so I'm fucking town again, and stopped being a miller, because this game is a goddamn circus."

[[Yyyyup. I came out and claimed miller day one, then immediately got recruited into a cult whose leader was then almost immediately unmasked, then got re-towned I CANNOT

(Very relieved, though, I Do Not know how to play third party, I was pretty much just doing it by playing town and crossing my fingers that the cultees would stay alive)

(The cultees were Torchic, Blossom and Inke, but I was explicitly told they would not be aware, and with me being re-towned it said the Void Shadow scourge is gone now, so I assume Inke is fine.)

also you guys read Starlight's post she said she used her one-shot alignment-without-fail ability here, not the regular cop read (which is hilarious, because it means she wasted it, because now I would've actually turned up town anyway, but probably would have shown as third party otherwise hahahhhhah)

By the way I Dreaded Sind, did you get it?]]
[[Heyo Free, can you provide some insight?

The implication is you were recruited D1? Or N1?

And what does 'keeping them alive' entail? Not nightkilled, or not voted off?

Does this mean Bluwii was Dark Matter? And they're able to create Void Shadows?

And... you were somehow told you were "cured" of being miller?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry guys
[[Well, for accountabilities sake, the question will be "Can you confirm, is the beast in the group of Inke, Chibi or Sind and if you could not confirm, please answer 'unknown'?"

Man this sucks, I really should have pressed for Blossom to investigate yesterday >:{

I should hopefully have an answer not too long from now]]

I received the answer unknown.

My guess? Blossom probably fired in the dark and hit nothing :V

We're back at square 1.

Idk about you all though, I still say we vote inke, the only confirmed TP, and maybe Ask Starlight to check chibi?

Even if Starlight dies, scum can't kill both of us.

Either starlight gets a real answer about chibi or Sind or someone, or I ask Dead!Starlight about who they investigated.

Like so:

Starlight vows to investigate someone - Chibi or Sind or Kora, since they're kind in the air.

If Starlight lives and I die, we know who to kill, easy peasy. It's almost math at that point.

If Starlight dies, I ask Starlight: "Was the person you investigated guilty?"

Blu
Jackie
Pano
Stringer
Beast
Inke
Sind/Chibi?
I am stupid. I forget Espy/Fuse existsed bc they were inactive so long

Anyways thats the best plan I got rn
]]

Top Bottom