• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Hey y'all, would just like to inform everyone that apparently I just got, uh, stringed. Doesn't say anything about it being dangerous yet, so I guess that confirms that the stringer killed a bunch of people last night, not the beast. Unless we're assuming that this stringer and the beast are the same person?

If I recall, Blossom only said the beast is active on N4. Perhaps that means that's the first night they could actively kill players, while they've been stringing people all along before that? ]]
Ajia furrowed her brow. "Hang on. I've been assuming the whole time that the 'not active until Day 4' thing meant that the stringer and the beast couldn't be the same person. And I'm not sure how the stringer still being alive means that they would have to be the same person as the beast."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Ajia furrowed her brow. "Hang on. I've been assuming the whole time that the 'not active until Day 4' thing meant that the stringer and the beast couldn't be the same person. And I'm not sure how the stringer still being alive means that they would have to be the same person as the beast."

"I'm not saying they have to be the same person, though. I'm just throwing the idea out there, because we really haven't made any real headway in either mystery. Thought looking at it from a different perspective might help."

"So on that note... 'Active' could mean a number of things. Could mean he can't use any abilities, could be he could set up his abilities but not activate them... I don't know. It kind of depends on how the game is set up, I guess?"

"If we assume the previous total of seven hostiles is true, then we have... Sans, Sidney, and a beast... that would be three TPs in addition to, what, originally four mafia, three without Laura? (Mademoiselle doesn't count if she's not considered hostile to us, right?) And you have four suspects. So wouldn't it make sense that, logically, three of those are mafia and one of them is the last hostile TP? It's really just a matter of narrowing down who is what so we know who to target first. So I guess I'll try going over those."

"We know Kekoa isn't the beast per Nanu, so she has to be one of the remaining mafia, yes?"

"We also know Kora very likely isn't the stringer [[due to Espy's inactivity prior to taking over]]. If we assume there's only one hostile TP left (and that Mademoiselle is telling the truth about being a survivor), it's either stringer or the beast, which means one of them have to be mafia. That to me is just... strange. Would either of those be a mafia-aligned power? That's why I suspected they were the same person, a hostile TP. Anyway, if Kora isn't the stringer, he's likely mafia as well."

"Then it gets muddy. We have Odette... who's been helpful in making compilation lists, but those lists lacked the same... opinions that accompanied them in a previous game. So it doesn't rule her out as either mafia or TP, because the whole point as a mafia is to make yourself appear town, so this is an easy way to do it without really giving anything away yourself. Then there's her willingness to be checked by the cop... I mean, is there a way she could be mafia yet appear town without a bus driver? Is there a sort of reverse-miller effect we aren't considering? Odette's been coming through enough information to be a decent TP, I guess."

"And then there's Cosmo. I don't really know what to make of them at this point, myself. Really inconsistent play, inactive and then very active... they've made it quite difficult to form a read on them, which in itself doesn't feel towny. Ajia seems to think Cosmo is more town-leaning based on her last readlist, except without a way to verify Cosmo's role so they've been dropped into a null pile."

"Finally, Mademoiselle... has been super town-heavy, but is confirmed TP, so... if we have two remaining TPs (stringer and a beast), I really think it's unlikely that Mademoiselle is a survivor. That would mean we have three TPs still in play, with only three mafia. Even factoring in Laura, that feels like a small number of mafia left."

"I guess... going over the town, we have Arctozolt. Claims tracker, knows who had Latias, but we have zero idea why this is relevant because Equital died to early.

"Let's see... Dave is town now, confirmed by Courtney, both of who I'm a little surprised at. Courtney was very... confusing early on, but everyone seems to be dead set on 'she's our cop, no touchy' so. Dave confirmed my thought earlier that anyone converted to a different faction/TP wouldn't have reason to bring that up... I'm a little confused by this, however:"

(The cultees were Torchic, Blossom and Inke, but I was explicitly told they would not be aware, and with me being re-towned it said the Void Shadow scourge is gone now, so I assume Inke is fine.)

"If sans actually recruited people, why were you told about Winona/Torchic but not Arctozolt/Bench? I marked Arctozolt/Bench after he was voted by sans, so presumably he never got the void shadow that night, but you were already recruited by that point, so why wouldn't you have known about Arctozolt/Bench too? You still knew about Nanu/Blossom and Mademoiselle/Inke after they were converted. Where does Winona/Torchic fit into this? When did sans recruit her? Also why would swapping factions remove being a miller? That's like, an add-on to an ability. What exactly did Cresselia do? Removed sans' cult recruitment? Why would that change the abilities that you had/have?"

[[This again may be my inexperience with how this silly game actually works... but it feels weird for someone else's ability to completely remove someone else's ability. Taking away sans' cult marks? Weird, given that's my power, but normal - that's an activated effect nullifying another activated effect. Taking away both Dave's miller modifier as well as the dread-creating effect? Did it just cleanse everything negative on you? But then, the way you word this it sounds less like it wasn't actually the effect that removed the void shadow, but rather... just being re-factioned? I am confuse. ]]

"Admittedly, Dave being temporarily TP and giving nothing away kind of makes me wary of Ajia again, too. We know nothing of what her role does, really, other than that one mention of the passive ability and knowing some sort of swaps happen. Trying to imagine a universe where Ajia is actually the stringer/beast/TP but... frankly, just too many unknowns. She's been super helpful though, and honestly I really feel like I might just be overthinking this due to paranoia over her being wrong about Fray."

"I think that covers everyone? Well, there's me, but I'm pretty sure my actions have spoken for themselves, even if my words have been incorrect before (Fray and arsonist!sans)."

"Okay, so... where does this leave us? I feel like our hostile TP is between one of Odette and Cosmo, if only for a lack of any better information. Cosmo has a useful ability, but can't be verified until tomorrow at this point, and by then it might be too late. Odette's been arguably more helpful, but at the cost of more personal observations and opinions, rather just summarizing what others' have posted. Her willingness to be cop-checked is.. nice, but again, by the time we could get a result on that, it will be too late... shame Courtney wasted her scan last night, would have made this decision a lot easier. I guess we can throw Mademoiselle into this questionable pile, too, if only for the sake of caution, but... if she's really a survivor, that's three TP still around? And if she's not, she could be either stringer or beast?"

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Then it gets muddy. We have Odette... who's been helpful in making compilation lists, but those lists lacked the same... opinions that accompanied them in a previous game. So it doesn't rule her out as either mafia or TP, because the whole point as a mafia is to make yourself appear town, so this is an easy way to do it without really giving anything away yourself. Then there's her willingness to be checked by the cop... I mean, is there a way she could be mafia yet appear town without a bus driver? Is there a sort of reverse-miller effect we aren't considering? Odette's been coming through enough information to be a decent TP, I guess
[[Just popping in to say that yes, there is a role that is the reverse of a miller. I forget what it's called, but whenever the cop checks them (unless they have a no-fail shot like I used to), they will always read as Town even if they're mafia/third party. So it's possible she's one of those.]]
Also why would swapping factions remove being a miller?
[[She might not have stopped being a miller; my scan last night would read correctly no matter what.]]

[[I want to look more carefully through the thread before I say much more. I think it might be safest to wait to hear back from Flyg0n's ask-the-dead ability. If not, then I feel like Persephone or Inkedust might be the safest ones to vote against today.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"If sans actually recruited people, why were you told about Winona/Torchic but not Arctozolt/Bench? I marked Arctozolt/Bench after he was voted by sans, so presumably he never got the void shadow that night, but you were already recruited by that point, so why wouldn't you have known about Arctozolt/Bench too? You still knew about Nanu/Blossom and Mademoiselle/Inke after they were converted.

[[Ugh too many things to keep track of. Let me clarify this, because I thought I deleted it before posting.

I suppose, if you were recruited in the night like sans said could happen, then Torchic could have also been recruited at night. You can disregard this portion, I am a dumb. ]]

[[She might not have stopped being a miller; my scan last night would read correctly no matter what.]]

[[I guess she didn't specify that she was no longer a miller, huh? Only that she was no longer TP. Still confused at the dread cleansing thing too, but... meh. I guess it's not really super relevant right now. ]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Just looked it up; opposite of a miller is a godfather. I feel like, given that we have a miller here, having a godfather isn't too far out of the realm of possibility.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
By the way I Dreaded Sind, did you get it?]]

[[I'm also confused by this. You asked if Sind got her dread because you targeted her last night. Yet you also claimed that when you got targeted you also gave dread to the person targeting you? Why didn't I get any? What is even going on here? ]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[I'm also confused by this. You asked if Sind got her dread because you targeted her last night. Yet you also claimed that when you got targeted you also gave dread to the person targeting you? Why didn't I get any? What is even going on here? ]]
"No, no, it's not just you. I targeted the Mightyena last night as well and didn't receive any dread either. Either something is up--who would've guessed--or maybe that one--"she pointed at DarkWhite playing in the air--"has been messing up not only our lives, but her game, too."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Whatever you're insinuating, I took a close look at how everything works. If there are any mistakes, I'll announce them, for sure! Uhuhu... But right now? Whatever you're talking about, anything that might or might not correspond to it behind the scenes is working exactly as intended! Uhuhu..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I am awake, but gotta head to work soon.
Here's what I'm thinking:

"Is the Beast in the Group of Inke, Sind, or Chibi?"

And hope for the best. It's hard because we don't know if Blossom even investigated.... I really wish I'd pushed to plan better. Anyways what's done is done.

Unless anyone I reasonably trust, like Free, has another suggestion, this is the question I will send shortly.]]]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Courtney smiled at Darkwhite. "Deliberately messing with peoples' lives. You're sick, you know. I respect that."

She turned to her fellow players and pointed at Kora. "You! On my scumlist. We have no idea what you do, and even if you aren't 'the beast,' or whatever it's called, I still don't like you." She bounded over rows of court seats to Dave. "I knew I liked you! I told you we'd make great friends. Now, along with that thing--"a point to Arctozolt--"I'm confident in a few people here. As for the others... Well, one of you has to die before nightfall. And who knows, perhaps the rest of us will die after."

[[Nothing personal Fuse; I like playing with you! Courtney just has a bit of an attitude.

I'm looking back on old posts, in particular those who voted out Shini yesterday. That list includes Dragonfree, Chibi Pika, Sinderella, Seren, Persephone, and bruh moment. bruh moment are dead, which leaves the other six.

I'm 100% sure that Free is Town. I trust with what she's going with.

I never cleared Chibi and really have no idea what Ajia's role is. With Ajia's hard Town play and Free's solid trust in her, I'm at least much less inclined to vote Ajia out.

Sind seemed really unsure in voting for Shini and has openly offered to roleclaim and have me check her.

Seren voted for Shini on account of trusting Chibi (which I think seems fair, especially given how much of a dumpster fire this entire game the end of D4 was.

Persephone didn't give a reason as to why she switched from voting for Tetra to voting for Shini.

Out of them, I feel most comfortable voting for Persephone. Even if she's cleared of being "the beast," I don't feel like she's Town. Free had said Day 4 that Persephone kept pinging her; Chibi believes she must be Mafia.

This begs the question: do people think we should prioritize eliminating 'the beast'/the stringer OR anyone we're positive is any anti-Town role? I'm disinclined to the latter if mainly because I know Inke is third party yet she's been so helpful. She strongly recommended skipping the last night phase; we didn't and lost four Town. bruh were positive we had non-hostile TP's in this game, and while they were mostly fixated on Pano being one, Inke has played a lot like one, too.

Yes, she could be the stringer, especially since strings seem like a day action; skipping the night phase would be beneficial for the stringer. But also I don't know and I just don't feel that comfortable going after her.

I *want* to trust Tetra, and it makes no sense to have a non-Town medium... but it also didn't make sense (in my eyes, at least) to have a Third Party bus driver, yet we had Pano.

I looked back at what bruh said in their posts; at the time, I didn't follow any of it, yet looking back, I felt like stuff they said made so much sense, like this post:
i'm just completely positive fray is town. you can take that or leave it based on your read of me. if fray somehow flips red, you have full permission to vote me out with prejudice. but for the time being if we're going to vote out a stringee, i would prefer it be someone who i think has even a shred of a chance of being non-town. i would feel like i'm playing badly to settle for anything less. it is tricky though because the options aren't great. i am not sold 100% on abra being town but i don't want to delete the possibility of skipping night. torchic is iffy for me as well but losing doctor would suck. pano is 3p so that's not the worst thing. i don't believe she's hostile and her power is useful but without knowing her win condition i feel like her death would be the lowest impact. free is locktown for me and starlight seems unwise.
And they compiled a readslist based on the fact that I was a cop, since it lined up with "one of the pieces of [their] information." bruh's readlist:
believable towny claims
  • Bench
  • Tetra
  • Abra
  • Persephone
the cool zone
  • Chibi
  • Seren
  • Inke
  • Sind
  • Espy
  • Torchic

And this. I'm so curious as to what their role was and how they were confident about non-hostile TP's, specifically Pano.
[[ i am not a cop, but i have my own reasons for strongly believing that pano is TP that i can disclose later when i claim my role. the fact that starlight received that result is part of what makes me confident that she's telling the truth. -q ]]

[[I am awake, but gotta head to work soon.
Here's what I'm thinking:

"Is the Beast in the Group of Inke, Sind, or Chibi?"

And hope for the best. It's hard because we don't know if Blossom even investigated.... I really wish I'd pushed to plan better. Anyways what's done is done.

Unless anyone I reasonably trust, like Free, has another suggestion, this is the question I will send shortly.]]]]
I admit, I've got nothing better.

It's late for me and I am heading to bed to think on this some more. I'd like to hear what others think before I speculate more on who to vote for today.]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“…okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. So the stringer is still alive? Okay. Forget what I said, the remaining unknowns should not claim. Does that mean that the third party was the beast? That Chibi was lying?”

“If the beast is dead but not the stringer then the stringer probably goes to the top of the hunting list. If they’re both alive the stringer is lower priority because the stringed will just keep dying faster than they can be snagged. In any case… 7 hostiles. 3 dead. 4 remaining? 2 mafia, a beast, a stringer? Except just three mafia feels a little weak given all the other shit flying around…”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Out of them, I feel most comfortable voting for Persephone. Even if she's cleared of being "the beast," I don't feel like she's Town. Free had said Day 4 that Persephone kept pinging her; Chibi believes she must be Mafia.
[[Gonna be honest, I don't. We still have more hostiles so I think the potential lover should be the last person voted off :V

We still have presumably, a stringer/beast something else we can try to eliminate first.
She turned to her fellow players and pointed at Kora. "You! On my scumlist. We have no idea what you do, and even if you aren't 'the beast,' or whatever it's called, I still don't like you." She bounded over rows of court seats to Dave. "I knew I liked you! I told you we'd make great friends. Now, along with that thing--"a point to Arctozolt--"I'm confident in a few people here. As for the others... Well, one of you has to die before nightfall. And who knows, perhaps the rest of us will die after."
I do agree here, I don't trust Kora or whatever, at all.

Lastly, I do wonder if the people eager to offer themselves up to be copped might also be godfather?

Anyways I think I'll send that question out shortly.

I'll give it about.... 1 hour, starting now, for anyone to offer big brain suggestions on the question to ask]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well, for accountabilities sake, the question will be "Can you confirm, is the beast in the group of Inke, Chibi or Sind and if you could not confirm, please answer 'unknown'?"

Man this sucks, I really should have pressed for Blossom to investigate yesterday >:{

I should hopefully have an answer not too long from now]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I have a fucking headache y'all. I really don't understand what's happening here.]]
N1: inspect Bluwiikoon. See Third Party.
N2: inspect Panoramic_Vacuum. See Third Party.
N3: inspect Blossomleaf. See Town *.
* This was swapped with Bench, so I really saw that BENCH was Town, not Blossom.
[[So if starlights TP claim on Pano is true, that means her investigation was swapped by a scummy bus driver? To another TP?

oof. Sigh]]
[[It'd have to be scum!Bus as I'd expect another Town!Bus to counter Pano's claim by now.]]
[[hey does the scum bus driver wanna out themselves for the sake of helping us catch TP]]

Further perpetuating the idea of another bus driver:
[[I thought it was agreed that it was the result of a scum bus driver since TP Bus Driver doesn't feel right.]]
[[I thought There's a possibility - Yeah what Chibi said

Pano could've been swapped?]]
"But.... if he's not the stringer, then he can't be third party, can he?? He was confirmed to not be the beast, right? And that cop inspection could very easily be from another bus driver!"
[[I... fully admit I was fixated on hostiles and didn't consider the possibility of non-hostile. I... suppose that's possible. I don't know if I think it's more probable than just Starlight being misled by a bus diver, so I won't be voting pano, but I at least get what you're going for now.]]
[[Interesting.

I can only hope we can hope that nothing was swapped yesterday]]

I simply simply simply simply simply simply cannot understand why the automatic response to the investigation was ANOTHER BUS DRIVER SWAPPING PANOS READ. From my understanding, Pano got fucking lucky as hell with their swaps, so I cannot for the life of me parse how that had them so town clear--what because they targeted Inke and Laura D2 and happened to get Laura killed???? Everyone seemed pretty fucking shocked Laura was scum so I'm still so ??????????????????????? as to how that deemed Pano as more likely to be town-y than a TP. Even several days later I am still fucking baffled as to why the automatic response was "Wow scummy bus driver swapped Pano's read huh" like?????????????????????? GUYS????????????????? That meant NOTHING, unless I spedread over something that puts this rant in a burning dumpster. But for now, I wholeheartedly believe that those of you who keep pushing the idea of another bus driver are effectively wasting Town's time and thus has me extremely sus of you. I don't think there's another swapper in the game, I am almost 99% sure that was a fucking stall tactic, because I don't understand the logic AT ALL. It's role madness, sure, there's a possibility there's two bus drivers but again, the LOGIC DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME AT ALL. Please, if you can explain it to me, by all means. I'm a stupid diaper baby who needs to be walked through things like a stupid diaper baby.

"I missed where you said this earlier, but you're right, I remember that. She seemed pretty sure, too. That would mean that both the stringer and beast are still alive. And that would mean, if Inke really is a survivor, this game had five third parties. That's nuts."

That being said, I know there's a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" being thrown about but I also am having a hard time grasping why we're so sure Pano wasn't the Beast??????? I know Q said that they were fairly certain that Pano was non-hostile but as with mafia, Q could have damn well been wrong, and I suppose without knowing what their role actually was and what they actually gleaned from it we'll never know until postgame. I suppose my brain is too small to absolutely fathom how insane this game was meant to be but five separate parties just seems like a lot???? Then again, like I said, small brain hours huhuhuhu.

"He really was a bus driver! That would have been his active power. But the stringer strings and the beast obviously kills, so I don't know how either of them could have a swapping power on top of that."
Like...I don't fucking know, I GUESS this pokes some holes in my logic about being the Beast, huh. But, to be fair, didn't Blossom mention that the Beast's killing ability didn't unlock until N4? Bussing could have been what they did in the meantime????? SMALL BRAIN HOURS LETS GO.

[[ i am not a cop, but i have my own reasons for strongly believing that pano is TP that i can disclose later when i claim my role. the fact that starlight received that result is part of what makes me confident that she's telling the truth. -q ]]
[[ well, she can... and i have reason to believe she is that i feel is more substantial than the reasoning that she isn't. she may or may not deny it but i know what i know, hey. like i said before, i think there are non-hostile third parties in the game, and i think pano is one of them.
[[Q claimed to know that Pano wasn't harmful TP though. What do we make of that?]]
Like, yeah, they seemed confident, but I was pretty confident Tetra was lying about being a lover in Namo's last game AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT WHEW.

[[Hey y'all, would just like to inform everyone that apparently I just got, uh, stringed. Doesn't say anything about it being dangerous yet, so I guess that confirms that the stringer killed a bunch of people last night, not the beast. Unless we're assuming that this stringer and the beast are the same person?
I guess Pano wasn't the stringer because they themselves were stringed, and Seren just NOW was stringed so that homie is still alive (shit unless Pano and Seren were lying and WHO THE FUCK KNOWS AT THIS POINT I'M TIRED FUCK ME). All in all, did Blossom ever state anywhere that the Beast and Beast hunter couldn't like...exchange shots and kill each other???? Was that never within the realm of possibility???? I really just feel like we're taking Q's assumption too much at face value and wasting some time not considering that our Beast is dead. Certainly not the stringer (AGAIN UNLESS YOU'RE TELLING FIBS SEREN) but the Beast???? Sure. Tetra's question could come back with a big fat "NO" and that could clear me, Inke, and Chibi of being the Beast because of the fact the Beast has already been fucking killed. I feel like nobody is considering that????? It's definitely not certain but I have to pose the question. Please please please feel free to tell me I'm stupid if you think I'm wrong or missed something, PLEASE, I feel so dumb right now.

Two people interacted with me last night. Someone used some sort of power on me, and I know that one other specific player here has a different win condition from Town.
Also, to keep other players out of the dark so we won't waste any time on this - that player Starlight was referring to? It's me. I'm a survivor, I win if I make it to the end of the game, however sitting back and watching one side do all the work is boring, so I'm trying to help Town secure a victory.
[[Okay, so this is going nowhere rn. If you have any info from the night, claim it now. Best to get it all out in the open now so we can have the most time to discuss what we learnt.]]
Now my next point is in regards to why we're not entirely committed to going after Inke????? Like, I guess step one is asking ghost!Blossom the question, but Inke is a CONFIRMED THIRD PARTY. Even if Blossom comes back with a "No" that still doesn't mean Inke isn't the fucking stringer. We are HUNTING THIRD PARTIES. Survivor claim is HIGHLY HIGHLY CONVENIENT FOR SOMEBODY BEING OUTED AS A TP AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME WITH THE INFORMATION THAT IS OUT. What did Inke mean by "sitting back and watching one side do all the work"??? Did they DO something to Starlight???? Never really elaborated much further than that. And I once again reiterate that while Survivor could besome sort of a true claim on her end, that could be a very very easy sort of wincon for a Stringer, or a very very easy fibbed wincon for a stringer. Obviously the stringer needs to be alive to the end to string all these people, and if the stringer is truly some new flavor of arsonist (I think that's what it was, right????) and in the end the stringer just....massacres the stringees, OF FUCKING COURSE they're going to make it to the end of the game and even be the last one standing if we don't vote them out in time.

I really really really don't want to make the same mistake we did with Pano, with trying to find ways to GLAZE OVER THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN READ AS A TP. The bottom line is we're against a wall here; we're hunting a TP and a TP has just been presented to us, why the fuck would we waste more time going in circles and not just try to zone in on this lead?????? I guess I'm just all around aggravated at the way the Pano thing played out because I still cannot understand the whole "there's another bus driver logic" so please excuse me if I'm coming off hostile or terse here, but it's ON A PLATE FOR US. And Inke being the one to immediately say "hey claim what you learned last night" after being outed like a TP is a little feelsbadman 👏 to me but to be fair SO DOES THIS WHOLE GAME.

[[I tracked Sind last night. She interested with nobody.]]
I am also going to come back to this in case anybody missed it, but I have a full trust in Bench at this moment because, well, this is fucking true. Didn't move a muscle last night. Surely it'd fucking show that I interacted with all the dead people had I actually massacred them.

Regardless of whatever Blossom answers with I think I'll fucking claim. Truthfully, I don't know if it's really going to help my case at all, but at least you'll understand WHY I'm so insistent I get targeted by info roles, because it's besides the fact that you'll effectively clear me. Plus, I think at this point the sooner I explain what my broken ass passive ability does, the better it'll be for my case because it's gonna look mighty, uh, convenient.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I have a fucking headache y'all. I really don't understand what's happening here.]]
N1: inspect Bluwiikoon. See Third Party.
N2: inspect Panoramic_Vacuum. See Third Party.
N3: inspect Blossomleaf. See Town *.
* This was swapped with Bench, so I really saw that BENCH was Town, not Blossom.
[[So if starlights TP claim on Pano is true, that means her investigation was swapped by a scummy bus driver? To another TP?

oof. Sigh]]
[[It'd have to be scum!Bus as I'd expect another Town!Bus to counter Pano's claim by now.]]
[[hey does the scum bus driver wanna out themselves for the sake of helping us catch TP]]

Further perpetuating the idea of another bus driver:
[[I thought it was agreed that it was the result of a scum bus driver since TP Bus Driver doesn't feel right.]]
[[I thought There's a possibility - Yeah what Chibi said

Pano could've been swapped?]]
"But.... if he's not the stringer, then he can't be third party, can he?? He was confirmed to not be the beast, right? And that cop inspection could very easily be from another bus driver!"
[[I... fully admit I was fixated on hostiles and didn't consider the possibility of non-hostile. I... suppose that's possible. I don't know if I think it's more probable than just Starlight being misled by a bus diver, so I won't be voting pano, but I at least get what you're going for now.]]
[[Interesting.

I can only hope we can hope that nothing was swapped yesterday]]

I simply simply simply simply simply simply cannot understand why the automatic response to the investigation was ANOTHER BUS DRIVER SWAPPING PANOS READ. From my understanding, Pano got fucking lucky as hell with their swaps, so I cannot for the life of me parse how that had them so town clear--what because they targeted Inke and Laura D2 and happened to get Laura killed???? Everyone seemed pretty fucking shocked Laura was scum so I'm still so ??????????????????????? as to how that deemed Pano as more likely to be town-y than a TP. Even several days later I am still fucking baffled as to why the automatic response was "Wow scummy bus driver swapped Pano's read huh" like?????????????????????? GUYS????????????????? That meant NOTHING, unless I spedread over something that puts this rant in a burning dumpster. But for now, I wholeheartedly believe that those of you who keep pushing the idea of another bus driver are effectively wasting Town's time and thus has me extremely sus of you. I don't think there's another swapper in the game, I am almost 99% sure that was a fucking stall tactic, because I don't understand the logic AT ALL. It's role madness, sure, there's a possibility there's two bus drivers but again, the LOGIC DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME AT ALL. Please, if you can explain it to me, by all means. I'm a stupid diaper baby who needs to be walked through things like a stupid diaper baby.

"I missed where you said this earlier, but you're right, I remember that. She seemed pretty sure, too. That would mean that both the stringer and beast are still alive. And that would mean, if Inke really is a survivor, this game had five third parties. That's nuts."

That being said, I know there's a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" being thrown about but I also am having a hard time grasping why we're so sure Pano wasn't the Beast??????? I know Q said that they were fairly certain that Pano was non-hostile but as with mafia, Q could have damn well been wrong, and I suppose without knowing what their role actually was and what they actually gleaned from it we'll never know until postgame. I suppose my brain is too small to absolutely fathom how insane this game was meant to be but five separate parties just seems like a lot???? Then again, like I said, small brain hours huhuhuhu.

"He really was a bus driver! That would have been his active power. But the stringer strings and the beast obviously kills, so I don't know how either of them could have a swapping power on top of that."
Like...I don't fucking know, I GUESS this pokes some holes in my logic about being the Beast, huh. But, to be fair, didn't Blossom mention that the Beast's killing ability didn't unlock until N4? Bussing could have been what they did in the meantime????? SMALL BRAIN HOURS LETS GO.

[[ well, she can... and i have reason to believe she is that i feel is more substantial than the reasoning that she isn't. she may or may not deny it but i know what i know, hey. like i said before, i think there are non-hostile third parties in the game, and i think pano is one of them.
[[Q claimed to know that Pano wasn't harmful TP though. What do we make of that?]]
Like, yeah, they seemed confident, but I was pretty confident Tetra was lying about being a lover in Namo's last game AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT WHEW.

I guess Pano wasn't the stringer because they themselves were stringed, and Seren just NOW was stringed so that homie is still alive (shit unless Pano and Seren were lying and WHO THE FUCK KNOWS AT THIS POINT I'M TIRED FUCK ME). All in all, did Blossom ever state anywhere that the Beast and Beast hunter couldn't like...exchange shots and kill each other???? Was that never within the realm of possibility???? I really just feel like we're taking Q's assumption too much at face value and wasting some time not considering that our Beast is dead. Certainly not the stringer (AGAIN UNLESS YOU'RE TELLING FIBS SEREN) but the Beast???? Sure. Tetra's question could come back with a big fat "NO" and that could clear me, Inke, and Chibi of being the Beast because of the fact the Beast has already been fucking killed. I feel like nobody is considering that????? It's definitely not certain but I have to pose the question. Please please please feel free to tell me I'm stupid if you think I'm wrong or missed something, PLEASE, I feel so dumb right now.

Two people interacted with me last night. Someone used some sort of power on me, and I know that one other specific player here has a different win condition from Town.
Also, to keep other players out of the dark so we won't waste any time on this - that player Starlight was referring to? It's me. I'm a survivor, I win if I make it to the end of the game, however sitting back and watching one side do all the work is boring, so I'm trying to help Town secure a victory.
[[Okay, so this is going nowhere rn. If you have any info from the night, claim it now. Best to get it all out in the open now so we can have the most time to discuss what we learnt.]]
Now my next point is in regards to why we're not entirely committed to going after Inke????? Like, I guess step one is asking ghost!Blossom the question, but Inke is a CONFIRMED THIRD PARTY. Even if Blossom comes back with a "No" that still doesn't mean Inke isn't the fucking stringer. We are HUNTING THIRD PARTIES. Survivor claim is HIGHLY HIGHLY CONVENIENT FOR SOMEBODY BEING OUTED AS A TP AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME WITH THE INFORMATION THAT IS OUT. What did Inke mean by "sitting back and watching one side do all the work"??? Did they DO something to Starlight???? Never really elaborated much further than that. And I once again reiterate that while Survivor could besome sort of a true claim on her end, that could be a very very easy sort of wincon for a Stringer, or a very very easy fibbed wincon for a stringer. Obviously the stringer needs to be alive to the end to string all these people, and if the stringer is truly some new flavor of arsonist (I think that's what it was, right????) and in the end the stringer just....massacres the stringees, OF FUCKING COURSE they're going to make it to the end of the game and even be the last one standing if we don't vote them out in time.

I really really really don't want to make the same mistake we did with Pano, with trying to find ways to GLAZE OVER THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN READ AS A TP. The bottom line is we're against a wall here; we're hunting a TP and a TP has just been presented to us, why the fuck would we waste more time going in circles and not just try to zone in on this lead?????? I guess I'm just all around aggravated at the way the Pano thing played out because I still cannot understand the whole "there's another bus driver logic" so please excuse me if I'm coming off hostile or terse here, but it's ON A PLATE FOR US. And Inke being the one to immediately say "hey claim what you learned last night" after being outed like a TP is a little feelsbadman 👏 to me but to be fair SO DOES THIS WHOLE GAME.

[[I tracked Sind last night. She interested with nobody.]]
I am also going to come back to this in case anybody missed it, but I have a full trust in Bench at this moment because, well, this is fucking true. Didn't move a muscle last night. Surely it'd fucking show that I interacted with all the dead people had I actually massacred them.

Regardless of whatever Blossom answers with I think I'll fucking claim. Truthfully, I don't know if it's really going to help my case at all, but at least you'll understand WHY I'm so insistent I get targeted by info roles, because it's besides the fact that you'll effectively clear me. Plus, I think at this point the sooner I explain what my broken ass passive ability does, the better it'll be for my case because it's gonna look mighty, uh, convenient.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Gods, I am so sorry y'all I do not know why my shit keeps getting posted twice, this fucking laptop :')]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Gods, I am so sorry y'all I do not know why my shit keeps getting posted twice, this fucking laptop :')]]
[[Well, you raise some good points. I don't have time to dissect them all atm but my thing is this:

I am not at all opposed to voting off Inke, especially since Starlight was made aware they have another wincon. But right now I think (speaking for myself) I really want to find this beast/stringer too.

So its not that I won't vote inke, since they are an easy choice, being TP served on a plate, its that my focus is/was on the question thing ATM and dealing with the highest level threat.

Depending on what answer comes back from Ghost!Blossom, getting rid of a confirmed TP seems like a fair move.

I will be very interested to see what you say if you choose to claim, although atm I am not pressuring you.

I actually still don't get why more people aren't looking for answers from Espy/Kora? They feel pretty weird/sussy to me tbh. Or just very hard null, which makes me uncomfortable.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I guess the big Weird:TM: about Beast!Pano is that like.... even in this whack setup, Pano being a beast Bus Driver seems so whacko.

And Chibi and Pano's actions line up, sort of, as being genuinely able to swap. Unless the beast can both Swap and timed superkill powers that's really weird, ya know?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[
Well, we both thought 4 lovers in vanilla!Mafia was insane and look where we ended up :V

:Unquag:

Maybe beast!bus driving Pano is possible.... at this point who knows.

Personally I feel like, given the way things are shaking out, 5 TP's feels surprisingly likely though]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Gonna be honest, I don't. We still have more hostiles so I think the potential lover should be the last person voted off :V
Ajia gave Cosmo's Guardian a serious look. "I'm not remotely convinced that Kekoa is a lover. Kekoa is mafia. The only reason I haven't voted for him instantly is because we need to sort out the beast situation first."

Lastly, I do wonder if the people eager to offer themselves up to be copped might also be godfather?
"Yeah, I think so too. Same thing with Kekoa trying to get us to waste our Tracker on him when he probably doesn't even have a night action."

It's role madness, sure, there's a possibility there's two bus drivers but again, the LOGIC DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME AT ALL. Please, if you can explain it to me, by all means. I'm a stupid diaper baby who needs to be walked through things like a stupid diaper baby.
Ajia sighed deeply. "I... I already explained this. I know Sidney was a bus driver, and a third party bus driver makes no sense. I understand that I was wrong. Obviously, he really was a third party bus driver. It's still really, really weird, and I don't feel bad for not seeing it coming."

That being said, I know there's a lot of "ifs" and "maybes" being thrown about but I also am having a hard time grasping why we're so sure Pano wasn't the Beast???????
Ajia blinked at Odette's Guardian. "Sidney was cleared of being the beast, wasn't he?"

Top Bottom