• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[My best guessesfor questions are:

1. Try to ask Blossom something like "did you shoot X last night, or Investigate XYZ for the beast?"
2. Ask Q something? They implied some kind of info role
3. Ask Pano something about their role]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Hmm. So you used it on Equitial, and that's why you know Equitial was Latias? Did you get any information about what role Latias is or why finding her mattered?]]
[[Nope!]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Tetra, does your ability only let them answer with yes or no or can they answer with 'Unknown'?]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I know absolutely nothing about Latias' capabilities, but that is how I knew Equitial was Latias.]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[Well? Are you even town? Can you hint at powers? Did you do anything helpful or find anything helpful out?

It's so late in the game that you have to know something. There's not a lot to hide tbh

I'm not saying to spill all the beans but surely there's something you can offer if you really want to help town?]]

"Well..." Kora sat upright, putting his chin on his fist, thoughtful. After a moment or so, he sighed and shook his head. "...I can't, really say anything on myself. I don't think I can even hint on anything about me or my role safely either. Obviously I'm Town, at least obviously to me, but I know that doesn't mean anything on its own, especially since I can't share anything. Sorry, I really am, but the less anyone knows about my role the better."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I thiiiink the Beast's ability to kill without fail was against the Beast hunter specifically? Since Blossom claimed she was able to kill the Beast without fail and the Beast could do the same to her in turn, nothing about them killing other people without fail.]]
[[That sound possible, I could just be misremembering here - the whole thing just pinged me.

I'm actually unnerved by all the assumptions you're making Inke, but then again I got mixed up earlier about mechanics with the cop/miller thing so I'll give leeway]]
I am trying to make several educated guesses here to find a lead. Frankly, I'm not fond of the way you've been panicking and trying to jump down Fusion's throat. Gives me bad vibes. Town does not have much time left and things are looking very bad so yes, I am making these guesses/assumptions so we can try win the game.

Ajia was pacing back and forth. "Survivor is an incredibly convenient claim in a game with this many hostile third parties. But as far as mafia goes, my biggest suspect is Kekoa. And Kora, I guess, but only because Tricky wasn't paying enough attention to be the stringer."
Perhaps, but is it really that unlikely in a game like this? I was genuinely afraid to claim it because of the whole 'boy, isn't that convenient?' thing. I only did so now, because otherwise I'd be signing my death warrant since it was outed to Starlight that I have a different win-con from her so I may as well get it out of the way so we can focus on the actual hostiles.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Tetra, does your ability only let them answer with yes or no or can they answer with 'Unknown'?]]
[[They can also answer 'unknown']]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I asked windskull if they were able to ask/confirm if there was a role that can kill multiple times per day and I got 'unknown'

Assuming I lay off Fuse (no I'm not panicking I cannot believe I am getting grief from asking for some kind of information from one of the most inactive players the entire game) then right now, getting information via deadspeak is the most important thing.

To construe some kind of question that leaves the least wiggle room for error and gains the most info]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[The problem is, we never decided if Blossom would try to shoot in the dark or investigate again. 😖

So it makes asking a 'yes/no/unknown' question to her extra hard]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Then I think it's probably best to ask Blossom, "Is the Beast one of [some set of suspects]?", and hope we get either a yes or a no.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[My best guessesfor questions are:

1. Try to ask Blossom something like "did you shoot X last night, or Investigate XYZ for the beast?"
2. Ask Q something? They implied some kind of info role
3. Ask Pano something about their role]]

"I wouldn't bother asking Sidney anything," Kimiko said, turning towards the cacturne. "They weren't mafia, but they weren't with us, either, and there's nothing that says the dead have to be honest... is there?"

I am trying to make several educated guesses here to find a lead. Frankly, I'm not fond of the way you've been panicking and trying to jump down Fusion's throat. Gives me bad vibes. Town does not have much time left and things are looking very bad so yes, I am making these guesses/assumptions so we can try win the game.

[[To be fair, this is the aggressive Tetra a few people were expecting and never got early on. I don't thin it's unreasonable to want to know more from Fusion given that the player they took over for has been non-existant. Hoping they have something to share isn't a bad thing.

That said, the mix of those two things do come off as... desperate? Which again, idk, doesn't necessarily mean scummy. ]]

Perhaps, but is it really that unlikely in a game like this? I was genuinely afraid to claim it because of the whole 'boy, isn't that convenient?' thing. I only did so now, because otherwise I'd be signing my death warrant since it was outed to Starlight that I have a different win-con from her so I may as well get it out of the way so we can focus on the actual hostiles.]]

[[It does make sense, and in a way if this is true, Inke was put in a similar position to Free was at the game's opening. Either out themselves or try to hide it and look worse when they have to admit to what was already known later.

Not indicative either, but damn annoying, hah. ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Q claimed to know that Pano wasn't harmful TP though. What do we make of that?]]
"I missed where you said this earlier, but you're right, I remember that. She seemed pretty sure, too. That would mean that both the stringer and beast are still alive. And that would mean, if Inke really is a survivor, this game had five third parties. That's nuts."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[
[[Then I think it's probably best to ask Blossom, "Is the Beast one of [some set of suspects]?", and hope we get either a yes or a no.]]

My instinct wants to ask: "Is the beast Inke, Sind, or Kora" that way we can have some kind of clarity?

That way:
Yes - we just gotta debate who to off
No - We know for sure they're not a beast
Unknown - well, can't be worse than where we are?

I feel like between the role reveals we've had, Seren is unlikely to also be a beast and some kind of marker, Free already gives dread, Perse claimed BP/Lover so thats another debate entirely, and Chibi seems... unlikely? Starlight is hopefully a real cop.

The smaller the pool the better.

I'm trying to think if there's any caveats to add to the question to help narrow things down...

Maybe:

"If you investigated yesterday, Is the beast XYZ, otherwise, answer Unknown if you tried to shoot in the dark?"

Theoretically if they shot the beast the beast would be dead. But then.... ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I missed where you said this earlier, but you're right, I remember that. She seemed pretty sure, too. That would mean that both the stringer and beast are still alive. And that would mean, if Inke really is a survivor, this game had five third parties. That's nuts."
[[That... that actually makes a lot more sense.

That might explain why there roles are how they are, and why survivor would exist.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Starlight is hopefully a real cop.

"Frankly, the fact that no one's even attempted to counter-claim or at least disprove this kind of makes me believe it."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[To be fair, this is the aggressive Tetra a few people were expecting and never got early on. I don't thin it's unreasonable to want to know more from Fusion given that the player they took over for has been non-existant. Hoping they have something to share isn't a bad thing.

That said, the mix of those two things do come off as... desperate? Which again, idk, doesn't necessarily mean scummy. ]]
[[Thank you.

Also I only got the 'aggro' rep because of the whole mikeposting business.

I actually regularly only get aggro when I see something that I thought mechanically impossible and leap upon that like a bloodhound on a scent.

Broadly speaking....

I'm actually only active like crazy RN for the record, because I have been tired and disengaged for days and today I just .... I guess my brain felt really interested in mafia suddenly, and thats the honest truth. Like I have suddenly decided to hyperfixate. Thats all it is I think. Idk.

Anyways.... I think asking Nanu about Inke/Sind/Kora is the best bet]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[That... that actually makes a lot more sense.

That might explain why there roles are how they are, and why survivor would exist.]]
“Ah, what I meant by that was… I find five third parties really unlikely.” ^^;

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“Ah, what I meant by that was… I find five third parties really unlikely.” ^^;
[[Huh! I thought it could be,no? With Namo craziness and rolemadness? You don't think so?]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[This is the same guy who brought us 4 Lovers in Vanilla Mafia, I don't think a role-madness game on crack having a handful of TPs, some hostile, some benign is that big of a stretch.

Anyway, my top three suspects for the time being is Tetra, Pers and Sind. Blossom cleared Espy/Fuse on N1, remember (although this doesn't account for Bus Drivers). Asking Blossom if one of a list of players is the Beast is a pretty good start, if you ask me.]]

Top Bottom