• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ oh, four i guess, including torchic. hmmm... yeah, i don't know. again obviously this is coming from the perspective of being me and knowing i'm not the stringer but it still feels kind of excessive to me for the stringer to push people to mass claim when they were in a pretty good place and haven't exactly had trouble picking up people to string already. if i was the stringer i think i would probably be doing the opposite of that?? although i do kind of wonder about tetra not being stringed despite being claimed (the only one this is true of, i think?) and also supporting the idea. -q ]]
[[I have no explanation for this. It makes me wonder if the stringer gets to choose victims but cleverly tried to make a pattern to strike fear into town when really it has nothing at all to do with roles or patrons?]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["...okay but then it's weird how Seren and I weren't strung since this is where I'm confused as to why neither of us have strings? but moving along, if Torchic is strung then the following people with strings are:

1) Dragonfree / Dave
2) Abra / Aster
3) Shinigojira / Fray
4) Starlight / Courtney
5) Pano / Sidney
6) Bench / Arc
7) Torchic / Winona

So that means....4 ppl got strung today alone. 2 ppl on another day and 1 person on D1. Which is...alarming to say the least. And namo's message is still something I've been rereading:

"Hey! Quit copying my messages! I know you guys get real scared and enthusiastic, but this is the third time I've had to send my signpost to warn you guys off about it!" Darkwhite grunted, pointing at Courtney's guardian.

"By the way, I have to say something related to Game Balance lately after seeing a risk of abuse. Don't worry, it doesn't affect anything TOO badly... and I'm going to be kind of vague about it. But in the name of fairness, from here on, the timing for those 'string' things you've been seeing? It might be a little different. The person with this power agreed as well, how kind of them! Uhuhu... But it'll at least make it so they can't pull a fast one and win at the last minute. You shouldn't expect more of those strings super late into a day anymore, you could say."

"To see if maybe anything in here might be helpful? otherwise @Namohysip can we get a vote tally so far? to see how many ppl voted for tetra right now?"]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[Tetra sniped me but I was coming in to ask why we're casting random votes lmfao but okay]]
[["And to me this seems more like panic voting because of how the 3rd party stringer might win? but...casting random votes on ppl is only causing disorganized chaos. since from my understanding:
1) Perse votes Tetra
2) torchic votes perse,
3) abra votes Sind

and those are the current votes now right?"]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[["And to me this seems more like panic voting because of how the 3rd party stringer might win? but...casting random votes on ppl is only causing disorganized chaos. since from my understanding:
1) Perse votes Tetra
2) torchic votes perse,
3) abra votes Sind

and those are the current votes now right?"]]
[[As far as I know at the moment, I think so. Unless I missed some votes a little further back.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["Also I don't know how much help i'll be? But I'll be online for the last remaining hours to try and see what I can contribute to help if I won't be around D5. However, I know that if Seren is saying he's firefighter and I have outright said I'm Viligante. Then those are two roles who have not been strung. and okay wait. then let me update the votes since I just saw bruh moment's comment:

1) Perse votes Tetra
2) torchic votes perse,
3) abra votes Sind
4) Starlight votes Bruh Moment

and now we have a current tally of votes so far. so this is all going to be a tie right now. unless we figure something out within the next 2 and a half hours or so."]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia was pacing back and forth, muttering to herself. "I need to flip my way of thinking about all this. I can't just lump all my suspicions into one pile when there's multiple threats with different reasons to watch out for them. Gonna try to sort through some things..."

[[
Very unlikely to be scum or TP
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree] - Darkrai
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [BlossomLeaf] - Beast hunter
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum] - Bus driver
Aster (Kadabra) [AbraPunk] - Roleblock/Motivator
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench] - Tracker
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate] - Cop
Winona (Swellow [Torchic] - Healer
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren] - Necrozma

Could be scum
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n] - Claimed medium, but none of the info couldn’t be faked. Pretty null.
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone] - Claimed lover so might not be a safe vote. Then again, that could be the whole point.
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon] - Unlikely to be the stringer, hasn’t been paying any attention. Confirmed non-beast.
Fray (Froslass) [ShiniGojira] - No, I’m still not letting this go

Could be TP
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust] - Very unlikely to be scum
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment] - Very unlikely to be scum
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] - Her play up til now hasn’t felt like scum at all, but technically no concrete evidence. TP is still an option.
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]

Could be either
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
]]

"I'm leaning toward Kekoa, but the main thing that worries me is the fact that he doesn't have strings. If we vote him out, will the stringer get the percentage they need and just... win? If we skip the night, could we prevent that?"

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella] - Her play up til now hasn’t felt like scum at all
[[ can you walk me through this read? i feel like people have been saying this on account of the summary posts and i'm just not seeing how that's alignment indicative one way or the other at all. -q ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I have no explanation for this. It makes me wonder if the stringer gets to choose victims but cleverly tried to make a pattern to strike fear into town when really it has nothing at all to do with roles or patrons?]]
[[Yeah, this is something I've been suggesting as well - except that if the stringer is simply predefined to be able to string this many people in this many days and there's no precondition for it, they basically just autowin unless they just so happen to get killed off before this point. That seems like spectacularly strange game design. So I definitely think there must be something limiting how many people they're able to string, and their stringing choices so far have all been people who roleclaimed. Like, maybe there's a maximum number of people they can string in a given day so they just didn't get to everyone, but surely the game can't be designed so that they just will get a victory at the end of D4 unless someone happens to kill them?]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Late day checking:

Current players: 16

Abstain (12)
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]

bruh moment (1)
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]

Tetra(1)

Persephone (1)
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Sinderella (1)
Aster (Kadabra) [Abrapunk]

Courtney (0)

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[...Unless... the beast is the stringer, and what Namo meant about them becoming "active" D4 was that D4 is when the number of people they've strung reaches the danger point?]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[...Unless... the beast is the stringer, and what Namo meant about them becoming "active" D4 was that D4 is when the number of people they've strung reaches the danger point?]]
[[ yeah, that’s what i was thinking before. but it does create a new question, which is why haven’t they been stringing maximally every day -q ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[It could be that some people are immune to being strung, the stringer's action was countered somehow, and/or they haven't revealed that they were strung for one reason or another?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[We know of seven people being strung so far, and we have sixteen living players. Presumably the stringer themself would count as one of them for the purposes of their win condition? So it would make sense if the stringer and their victims have parity right now, in which case there's probably nobody who's unaccounted for and this is indeed everyone who has been strung.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ the idea of immunity is interesting. actually, i wonder if maybe stringing members of the mafia fails? since it seems like their win condition is stringing a majority of town rather than a majority of all players, right? -q ]]

Top Bottom