• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ i think this isn't that uncommon for third parties. they have a win condition that they need to fulfill and if they satisfy it they win and if they don't they lose. it doesn't have to be at odds with anyone else's -q ]]
[[So.... Two winners?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[PARTICIPATION AWARD, YEAH]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[So.... Two winners?]]
[[ yeah. i'm actually fairly confident that there are at least some players who can win with town without being town in this game. i'm not sure if the stringer is one, per se, but i have reason to believe there is at least one TP who is not hostile, which i believe means they are capable of satisfying their win condition without precluding town's, and do not need to be eliminated in order for town to win. -q ]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
“I think it’s a terrible idea to just assume this guy isn’t bad news. Seven scum — it tracks that the stringer is one of them. Maybe that grayscale asshole just thought our cop / vig would have better results, or that mafia would’ve killed a third party by now?”
[[ not just assuming. i don't think we should ignore the stringer or operate under the assumption that they're harmless. but considering that all we can do about this barring some act of god is speculate, speculate i shall. -q ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Eaaaagh I am out of work now but I feel pretty lost. None of the leads I meant to investigate today even feel relevant anymore.

Honestly the only kind of guess I have as to stringer identity is still bruh moment because massclaim suggestion? Persephone has been kind of acting like massclaim was a thing that happened, I guess because as it happened a lot of people have been claiming over the course of the day, but at least as I recall it it was something kyeugh suggested and absolutely everyone else was like 'no let's not', and then entirely unrelatedly to this several people later wound up claiming because they felt pressure on them or believed they had information to reveal? I thiiiink probably my best starting point is just. Rereading today and seeing what I make of it, I guess? If anyone else seemed to like the idea of massclaim? (All this only even applies if the stringer really is only able to target people whose roles they can discern.)

Ugh I want to be working on review]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ obviously this only means so much coming from me but i think it would be a bit weird for the stringer to push for a mass claim considering how close they already were to hitting critical mass without one. if anything i would expect the stringer probably pushed back on it in order to distance themselves. -q ]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ not sure why people keep insisting they don’t know what my role was. If we don’t fucking die tonight I’ll literally quote all 50 posts into one so everyone can shut the fuck to about it jesus christ

the best comparison I have is firefighter.

anyway I have no idea why I wasn’t strung. Maybe because I was so adamant not to reveal my patron and, now that it’s proven not to be the trigger, maybe the stringer was just keen on letting everyone believe this is how it works. Idk. Again though. I’ve given visible proof of that my ability exists. Can’t imagine why anyone is entertaining the idea that I could be the beast.

again if we somehow live tonight I’ll start trying to target stringed players and see if it works. I really have a bad feeling I let myself be conned by bluwii into thinking my targets were invisible due to my own role card countering invisibility modifiers.

I’m off to work so idk if I’ll have time to catch up before end of day. Good luck everyone. ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[ obviously this only means so much coming from me but i think it would be a bit weird for the stringer to push for a mass claim considering how close they already were to hitting critical mass without one. if anything i would expect the stringer probably pushed back on it in order to distance themselves. -q ]]
[[Well, to be fair they weren't that close to critical mass until after a bunch of people claimed today, right?]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Well, to be fair they weren't that close to critical mass until after a bunch of people claimed today, right?]]
[[Exactly. It was always a bad play, but with the stringer’s apparent ability it’s become a really bad idea. And we don’t have any other hints to go off of before a third party potentially wins…

I wonder if this was a balance to the moment in previous games where the town puts everything together out of nowhere. Limiting our ability to claim to help put the pieces together. Would’ve been nice to know that sooner…]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ I honestly don't know what to make of any of this lol. too big brain. Also I might not be around during EoD so

Vote: Sind ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Sounds like four, I think? Pano, Bench, Starlight, and Torchic.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ oh, four i guess, including torchic. hmmm... yeah, i don't know. again obviously this is coming from the perspective of being me and knowing i'm not the stringer but it still feels kind of excessive to me for the stringer to push people to mass claim when they were in a pretty good place and haven't exactly had trouble picking up people to string already. if i was the stringer i think i would probably be doing the opposite of that?? although i do kind of wonder about tetra not being stringed despite being claimed (the only one this is true of, i think?) and also supporting the idea. -q ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oooo are we casting random votes all of a sudden?

Perse votes me, torchic votes perse, abra votes Sind....

Hmmmm :thonk:]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Also I might not be around during EoD so
[[ was there ever a consensus on whether or not this night phase gets skipped? ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Tetra sniped me but I was coming in to ask why we're casting random votes lmfao but okay]]

Top Bottom