• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ if we’re to believe that the stringer operates by guessing people’s roles or patrons, im not sure how else it would work. if it doesn’t operate that way, then the mismatch between number of roles claimed and number of people string doesn’t matter -q ]]
[[There is absolutely no way the stringer could have guessed my patron. If they have legitimately guessed it I will give them $100 real life dollars from my paypal account]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[It’s pretty clearly not a GM mechanic; Namo explicitly talked about “the player in question” or whatever it was.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yeah, I think the patron connection is busted. Roleclaim connection is possible.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["well wait. Did seren claim? Cause all I remember is Seren mentioning what he can do? But nothing about a role claim.

And at this point should we keep track of who has" role claimed but not strung? " cause like I said I revealed my role D3 and D4 and haven't been strung. And the only other person who I know role claimed was windskull who said they were oracle but died. So who else has revealed but hasn't been strung? Aside from myself and maybe Torchic who revealed they were doctor?

And I agree that I think the beast and the puppet master are 2 different 3rd parties. But not the same ppl.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[Well, nothing about them quite seems similar to me, save seeming third party and I guess being implied to be active during the day. The beast is apparently flavored as a beast; the strings are flavored around a puppetmaster. Those seem like pretty different concepts. And the beast is supposedly not active until today, while the stringer has been doing their thing from day one?]]
[[ is it actually flavored as a beast? i thought that was just something blossom was calling it for convenience. i need to look at the posts where she describes the beast specifically but i don’t see why the strings tightening today couldn’t be the beast becoming active, so to speak. honestly, if there is a beast and a cultist and a mafia and a stringer, this game seems somewhat stacked against town to a point i’m not sure i believe. i feel like we’ve been rooting out scum at a fairly good pace and we’re still under a pretty high level of urgent threat, feels like. -q ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[["well wait. Did seren claim? Cause all I remember is Seren mentioning what he can do? But nothing about a role claim.
[[I had the same question. Who has ACTUALLY EXPLICITLY ANNOUNCED their role, and not just explained what it does???]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

And at this point should we keep track of who has" role claimed but not strung? " cause like I said I revealed my role D3 and D4 and haven't been strung. And the only other person who I know role claimed was windskull who said they were oracle but died. So who else has revealed but hasn't been strung? Aside from myself and maybe Torchic who revealed they were doctor?

And I agree that I think the beast and the puppet master are 2 different 3rd parties. But not the same ppl.]]
[[Your role and Seren’s are both roles that aren’t obviously some particular standard role, like ‘miller’ or ‘doctor’ or ‘bus driver’. What gives me pause about the theory that that’s why you haven’t been strung is that Yellow did get strung, and is also not quite a standard role, though maybe naming “roleblocker” or “motivator” would do it?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I had the same question. Who has ACTUALLY EXPLICITLY ANNOUNCED their role, and not just explained what it does???]]
[[See no that's BS too because I only ever said I could swap people, I never gave my own role a name. Torchic did and they're not stringed. So how does that even work??]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Also please clarify whether the beast has been explicitly flavored as “the beast” on your card.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Torchic hasn’t posted at all since the stringing happened this morning, so for all we know Torchic did get strung too.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[Your role and Seren’s are both roles that aren’t obviously some particular standard role, like ‘miller’ or ‘doctor’ or ‘bus driver’. What gives me pause about the theory that that’s why you haven’t been strung is that Yellow did get strung, and is also not quite a standard role, though maybe naming “roleblocker” or “motivator” would do it?]]

[[Also please clarify whether the beast has been explicitly flavored as “the beast” on your card.]]
["...Okay nvm. I won't say if we suspect strings are connected to role claiming. Since maybe the stringer missed what I said as well and didn't read it correctly. And to clarify my card specifically says the beast. So yes that is the case. And that's all the info I was given about the beast."]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[See no that's BS too because I only ever said I could swap people, I never gave my own role a name. Torchic did and they're not stringed. So how does that even work??]]
[[Okay, fair point. I guess you, yourself, never said you were a bus driver or whatever the fuck. DID Torchic explicitly say Doctor though??? I need to go look.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her

[[Okay, fair point. I guess you, yourself, never said you were a bus driver or whatever the fuck. DID Torchic explicitly say Doctor though??? I need to go look.]]
[["Torchic and I both explicitly stated our roles 100%. So @Torchic im going to ping and ask if u can confirm you have or haven't been strung yet? Cause thats why I don't understand why neither of us have been strung alongside everyone else. :/ ] ]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["unless I haven't been strung because the stringer is banking on the beast killing me tonight. Which could also be a valid theory as well. Now that I think about it. Cause why string someone who might or will be dead."]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I doubt it’s about what words the person themselves has used. The mechanism here is a day action by a player; if the player can identify Pano as a bus driver, that would probably count regardless of whether Pano herself said the literal words bus driver.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Of course, this is all still somewhat speculative; the condition that lets them string people could be something different.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ man, i don't know. something just feels wack to me about an entire role being dedicated to aggressively hunting down a power that doesn't even get to move until several days in, and then we're just kinda left to puzzle out the stringer who can apparently put us on the brink of loss in the same timeframe. doesn't that seem weird...?? i know meta spec only goes so far but like... idk... -q ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[["unless I haven't been strung because the stringer is banking on the beast killing me tonight. Which could also be a valid theory as well. Now that I think about it. Cause why string someone who might or will be dead."]]
[[Okay but on that logic why string Courtney? Literally claimed Cop, mafia's obviously going to want HER dead the most.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ i don't know. i keep thinking about this and it just seems busted as fuck to me that there's a hostile player who can advance their wincon by multiple players per day, can't be tracked in the night, and who we have no solid way of investigating beyond determining that they're TP, which isn't condemning. and this is all in addition to several other hostile factions. there's just no way that's it, right? the only way i can see this making sense is if they don't actually kill the stringed people and their victory doesn't set town back in any way, in which case i say fuck it we should just hunt for scum. but i don't know. -q ]]

Top Bottom