• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Tetra, Persephone, scum. Have to be. *HAVE TO BE* At this point I'm so baffled as to why Seren isn't strung either?? Can that diamond power be scum?? It seems like it's meant to cure Dread (Void Shadow??) Dread in the hands of a Miller is a powerful scum blocking tool, seems like Mafia would want to cure that. Chibi also was given the Diamond from Seren, Chibi scum, too? That's what, 4 suspects right off the bat?? Am I going nuts???]]
[[I'm not defending anybody by any means but did I completely misread Namo's post about nobody else being stringed super late into the day??? Are we technically "super late into the day"? I'll echo your sentiment about Seren but I figured by what Namo said nobody else would be getting stringed today??

But it'll at least make it so they can't pull a fast one and win at the last minute. You shouldn't expect more of those strings super late into a day anymore, you could say."

Or am I once again a dumb diaper baby and misunderstanding what this means entirely???? Please help I just woke up LOL]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[ thinking about this more, i feel like it has to be the latter? considering the former would be a win condition that ends the game instantly when achieved, which by the rules post doesn't exist in this game -q ]]
[[Technically I believe the rules post only rules out roles that end the game when they’re eliminated.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ well yeah. i'm not going to include myself as potential scum/TP on my own read list. blossom only clears people of being the beast, though. ]]

[[ this is a good point. in this case, i think that means we don't necessarily have to kill the stringer today to avoid losing? we just have to hit scum at all, right? since that would impact the ratios. although obviously hitting the stringer is preferable ]]

walk me through this?

stringer might be asleep/hasn't logged on maybe. -q ]]
[[I'm using the "claimed role but hasn't been strung yet" as the tell for who is scum and who isn't. Because if the stringer is scum, they're not gonna string their scum buddies even after a claim. I'm losing my mind a bit here, but Persephone has to be on that list. Tetra I feel like did claim but maybe she didn't? I can't remember.

My guess is the strings were handed out some time between 5pm and 5am. If Namo sends notifications at "midpoints" of the day, and I was actively online and got the notification at around 5am EST, and others who were awake and active at that time also posted immediately after me saying they also were stringed.

I honestly have no idea any more. I do not understand the strings thing AT ALL and I have no power that can possibly help in this situation.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Do we think strings kill when activated or it's just a "cult recruiting" mechanic to achieve some kind of majority and then that's the end-game condition? Because if it's kill I might as well just tell you all the rest of my role/powers because it doesn't matter at this point if I die.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I kind of doubt the stringer is mafia? It seems a super third party kind of thing - generally the mafia wins by eliminating town in the night, not by just doing something else altogether. And a third-party stringer wouldn’t even know if the people they’re stringing are town, scum or third party.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Okay, hang on, we don't know how many people can get stringed a day, the number of days don't line up, we can't just say that it's a given no one else will get stringed.]]
[[I was only saying that because of what I understood from Namo's post, but clearly something flew over my head so you're totally free to ignore me :') ]]

Tetra I feel like did claim but maybe she didn't? I can't remember.
Tetra explains her role but I don't think she claimed a title or anything like that. Perse straight up said Lovers/Bulletproof I think, right? Did Seren give his role a title at all??]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Okay, hang on, we don't know how many people can get stringed a day, the number of days don't line up, we can't just say that it's a given no one else will get stringed.]]
[[I was only saying that because of what I understood from Namo's post, but clearly something flew over my head so you're totally free to ignore me :') ]]

Tetra I feel like did claim but maybe she didn't? I can't remember.
Tetra explains her role but I don't think she claimed a title or anything like that. Perse straight up said Lovers/Bulletproof I think, right? Did Seren give his role a title at all??]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Also someone explain to me how there's a named status condition out there *four days* into this game and we have not seen it once??????? like how?????]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Do we think strings kill when activated or it's just a "cult recruiting" mechanic to achieve some kind of majority and then that's the end-game condition? Because if it's kill I might as well just tell you all the rest of my role/powers because it doesn't matter at this point if I die.]]
[[The string messages specifically imply the puppetmaster will win. I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean game-ending technically, but we should definitely be stopping it from happening, I expect?]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ a problem with the idea of the stringer being scum is that it means that the mafia has, like, kind of a ridiculous amount of killing power and we don't really have anything to counter it. honestly, it sort of already seems that way wrt town vs non-town generally, if we've really got mafia AND a stringer AND the beast. i'm honestly starting to think more and more that the stringer = the beast. it seems odd that we have this beast thing with an entire role dedicated to rooting out and then a stringer which seems much more powerful and no way to track it down. -q ]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ does anyone have a strong reason the stringer and the beast are not the same person? the more i think about it the less it makes sense to me that they would be separate. -q ]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ a problem with the idea of the stringer being scum is that it means that the mafia has, like, kind of a ridiculous amount of killing power and we don't really have anything to counter it. honestly, it sort of already seems that way wrt town vs non-town generally, if we've really got mafia AND a stringer AND the beast. i'm honestly starting to think more and more that the stringer = the beast. it seems odd that we have this beast thing with an entire role dedicated to rooting out and then a stringer which seems much more powerful and no way to track it down. -q ]]
[[I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around how we have more role claims than people stringed, and the strings seem to fall on only those players who are all Town aligned? And why has Seren not been strung at this point? It's not an order thing as far as I can tell. They claimed pretty early on, more so than myself or Starlight. I'm trying to figure out some kind of pattern to the strings to try to understand what is going on.

Again, though, why is no one wondering WHY we didn't have ANY strings on D2???? Please help me I'm losing my mind why does no one care about what happened N1 to potentially BLOCK the stringer??]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ does anyone have a strong reason the stringer and the beast are not the same person? the more i think about it the less it makes sense to me that they would be separate. -q ]]
[[I did postulate this earlier today, since the escalating number of people being stringed per day was similar to Blossom's escalating number of people she can investigate thing, but was told no because the number didn't align with the day number so....]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ probably some claims are fake. -q ]]
[[Okay but that means this stringer has the ability to know who is lying about their role claim?????? That seems insanely OP]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Well, nothing about them quite seems similar to me, save seeming third party and I guess being implied to be active during the day. The beast is apparently flavored as a beast; the strings are flavored around a puppetmaster. Those seem like pretty different concepts. And the beast is supposedly not active until today, while the stringer has been doing their thing from day one?]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[Okay but that means this stringer has the ability to know who is lying about their role claim?????? That seems insanely OP]]
[[ if we’re to believe that the stringer operates by guessing people’s roles or patrons, im not sure how else it would work. if it doesn’t operate that way, then the mismatch between number of roles claimed and number of people string doesn’t matter -q ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[If the stringer strings by guessing someone’s role, it would certainly make sense that fakeclaims wouldn’t get strung. Hard to know for sure, though.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ probably some claims are fake. -q ]]
[[Back to this though, if the stringer is not actually a player but a GM mechanic, which first of all that seems also kind of insane given Namo's hint about timing of the notification and the other party "agreeing" to play things fair, would strings indicate a lie-detection kind of thing about role claims?????]]

Top Bottom