• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[Hey if stringer wins night phase lets skip it, no?]]

[[ I guess the question becomes: do they actually win at night phase because they already have enough players stringed, or do they win next day phase when they can string another person or two, and the effect kicks in immediately upon that happening? That’s what I meant by Darkwhite’s clarification not really answering anything. ]]

"Um, hello? Have you forgotten me? Why would the mafia want to target you when I exist?"

"You know what, you're right. Claiming the most powerful ability in game, divulging everything I know, and getting stringed in the process--I never attempted to contribute at all. Shame on me."

[[Seren I hope you know I'm not actually snippy about this; I'm having a lot of fun! I know my gameplay has been frustrating for others lol. But I hope nobody feels upset or hurt by my RP!]]

“Because if the stringer wins tomorrow, it won’t matter that you exist, the mafia and town will both lose.”

[[ oh yeah no hard feelings! It’s Courtney, I get it. Pano was the same last game I played with him as Steven. It’s all RP, no worries! ]]

[[ on that note now 5 am, going to sleep. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ I guess the question becomes: do they actually win at night phase because they already have enough players stringed, or do they win next day phase when they can string another person or two, and the effect kicks in immediately upon that happening? That’s what I meant by Darkwhite’s clarification not really answering anything. ]]
[[Oh.... oof if thats the case thats extra bad. oof]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[
>:{
]]
[[Ah.

Hm.

This is something.

It's 11 PM for me and I've got to work as soon as the Day phase ends. I'll sleep on this. See you all tomorrow (for one last time ;_;)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oh! I should share the one thing I do know, but I doubt it has relevance: Bluwii did stick with their story and answer "yes" when I basically asked if they had really invited other people to the 'gamer club' than the people publicly stated.

But "no" when asked if they altered alignement or gave any powers.

Of course.... he could be lying. So idk.

Thats all I freakin got]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"By the way, I have to say something related to Game Balance lately after seeing a risk of abuse. Don't worry, it doesn't affect anything TOO badly... and I'm going to be kind of vague about it. But in the name of fairness, from here on, the timing for those 'string' things you've been seeing? It might be a little different. The person with this power agreed as well, how kind of them! Uhuhu... But it'll at least make it so they can't pull a fast one and win at the last minute. You shouldn't expect more of those strings super late into a day anymore, you could say."

[[I wonder if this means that strings are a triggered event, but they wont trigger past a certain deadline?]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"... Damn well uh a lot happened in a short amount of time huh." Nanu eyed the other players worriedly with the latest string Intel. "... But can we possibly get a list of who exactly us stringed right now? Cause Chatot says we're not stringed despite role claiming. And if we're about to lose tonight from the stringer then.. Do we have an idea as to how we want to approach this? Like voting someone out or skipping the night phase entirely?" Nanu asked.

[["While his device pinged and started jotting stuff down:

Right. So. From what I'm reading:

" Dave /Dragonfree" stringed D1
"Fray /Shini and" Aster /Abra" stringed D2
"Courtney /Starlight" "Sidney /Pano" and "Arc /Bench" stringed D3.

Is this right so far? "]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[!! oHHH
"... Damn well uh a lot happened in a short amount of time huh." Nanu eyed the other players worriedly with the latest string Intel. "... But can we possibly get a list of who exactly us stringed right now? Cause Chatot says we're not stringed despite role claiming. And if we're about to lose tonight from the stringer then.. Do we have an idea as to how we want to approach this? Like voting someone out or skipping the night phase entirely?" Nanu asked.

[["While his device pinged and started jotting stuff down:

Right. So. From what I'm reading:

" Dave /Dragonfree" stringed D1
"Fray /Shini and" Aster /Abra" stringed D2
"Courtney /Starlight" "Sidney /Pano" and "Arc /Bench" stringed D3.

Is this right so far? "]]

Can the string the amount absed on the days???
1 string D1
2String D2
3 String D3???]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[The way Nanu can investigate based on the Number of days! Could the stringer really be related to the beast?]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Anyways, should I reveal how I was able to find out that Equitial was Latias?]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
"...to be honest I have no clue if the stringer and beast are connected. But Cosmo (Tetra) isn't wrong about the amount of ppl per day who can ge strung matches the amount I could investigate during the night," Nanu contemplated thoughtfully "also remember what wind said about there being 7 hostiles in the game. In addition to mafia. So if we got rid of 1 mafia (Jackie / Laura) and 1 3rd party (bluwii!/ Sans). The we have 5 hostiles remaining and possibly another 3rd party which might be our stinger and separate from the beast Chatot and I are meant to find"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[!! oHHH

Can the string the amount absed on the days???
1 string D1
2String D2
3 String D3???]]
[[As I understand it nobody got strings D2. Today is D4. Discussed this with Pano before; if it followed the day numbers, getting blocked once probably shouldn’t affect subsequent numbers.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Also: I’m pretty sure what Namo’s message implies with how the stringer could win “at nightfall” is that they could win when the night starts, not during the night. I expect the modification to the rules is basically that the stringer can’t just wait to string people until two minutes before EoD and immediately get a surprise win.

I think we really need to try to eliminate the stringer today.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Think I believe Tetra’s claim; it felt organic based on what she said previously and also I feel like if mafia she wouldn’t claim that she just sort of accidentally bungled two of her three attempts to use her role where she’d be perfectly able to make up something that’d be inherently unfalsifiable.

Also, Seren, I expect what the invisibility modifiers thing means is that if the mafia has something like a Ninja role (kills but can’t be tracked), it will be disabled if you’ve marked them with the diamond?]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[WAIT A MINUTE]]

[[I THINK STARLIGHT MIGHT BE LYING]]

[[I really don't think we should go after her today, and we should absolutely go after the stringer, but I think Equitial might have been our cop.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[As I understand it nobody got strings D2. Today is D4. Discussed this with Pano before; if it followed the day numbers, getting blocked once probably shouldn’t affect subsequent numbers.]]
[[Wow I sure got mixed up, I thought sombody did get stringed D2? ugh.

Curious about Bench now anyways.

Starlight lying is.... odd but wouldn't be the craziest thing, but I'm not ready to 100% it either.

Also my paranoia wonders if someone unexpected/aka Hard town is secret scum. guh]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I don't have any concrete proof, but I'll have to fullclaim now. I don't have anything to lose, since I've already been stringed.]]

[[My patron is Latios. One feature of my ability is searching if someone is Latias whenever I track that person.]]

[[I believe that, since Latios and Latias are legendaries that work together closely, our abilties work together. It was mentioned earlier that the two most prioritized roles for mafia to eliminate are cop and tracker. I believe that Namo made those two roles have closely related legendaries. Those being Latios and Latias, or me and Equitial.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[I know this isn't concrete proof, and again I really don't think we should eliminate Starlight without more proof, and definitely not today, but I think it's something we should take into account.]]

Top Bottom