• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I read this all in the TedEd riddles narrator voice, and now headcanon that Pano!Sidney talks in that exact same voice.]]
[[ngl I have no idea who this is]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Curious to see what your list ends up being.

Big 'ol attempted math post incoming:

Assuming the Cop, Doc, and Miller claims are all Town roles (as they traditionally are), that leaves us with 11 players unconfirmed. If we can then assume that the protection roles both from Abra/Yellow and Seren are town roles, and Blossom's TP hunting role is not-hostile (whether it's also TP or straight up Town), that leaves 8 players of which we need to find 5 hostiles. Based on play, I'd preliminarily say Chibi and Inke can be removed from that list of 8, meaning of the 6 remaining players, there are 5 hostiles (assuming all of the other assumptions about role alignments are accurate) That seems... do-able, no?

Going down the list, that leaves the 6 remaining players as:
- Tetra
- Shini
- Persephone
- Sind
- bruh (Q/Mewtini)
- SparklingEspeon

So. Let's start there. Who is lying in this bunch? Or better to ask, which one of these six is the only one who isn't lying?

Going to basically say, hey, investigative roles, let's try to start here, please. Maybe? At this point tho I'm shit at this so this all could be 100% wrong. (And if we find two people telling the truth in here, time to go look at those other earlier assumptions, please!)

Also Blossom, here's your narrowed down list of targets to potentially shoot (save for some of the unconfirmed assumptions like Chibi or Inke, which seems unlikely, but who the hell knows at this point.) Seems to me you checked several of these folks already, which narrows down your list even further. (You checked Persephone, bruh, and SparklingEspeon, I believe, but add in Inke and Chibi just to be safe. Bench is confirmed Town by Courtney's inspection, so no need to look at them again. That leaves you with Tetra, Shini, Sind, Chibi, and Inke. 1 in 5 chance. Toss Free in there if you're really nervous about that Miller claim for a 1 in 6. I've seen worse odds. Happy hunting.]]
[[I know literally everyone will say this but I not the beats please do not waste your shot on me, blossom.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay actually now I know why I sussed Sind, but only vague;ly:

Blossom claimed to have checked several people, Perse, bruh, espy, and... jeex i dont recall the other names but thats not the point.

Of the remaining people not checked, I tentatively assumed that Free/Chibi/Pano and stuff were telling the truth.

Which didn't leave many options, Sind being a choice.

Or Q. I don't have good feelings yet about either of them]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Or Q. I don't have good feelings yet about either of them]]
[[Q got checked, came back clear.

And if it wasn't obvious by me p much offering myself up to be info role'd, I am not the Beast.

Going to once again point out how Shini conveniently fell under the radar after she was almost vote trained, and I have plans to go back and look at whatever she might have posted after the fact (if anything at all). I just recall her being fairly active leading up to the almost train, then that severely fell afterward. Could be irl stuff but the convenience of the timing is firing synapses. Likewise, I'm still feeling really really bad about Tetra for reasons I've already indicated. I know she kind of came to her own defense but my flags are still up.

Generally still feeling really good about Inke and Chibi, so I would probably steer clear of them (watch me fucking eat those words jfc). I'm waffling on Free because of my overthinking with the Cress/Darkrai relationship but that's all I really have for them tbh.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Me: "okay let's just briefly look at mafia, surely not that much has happened"

Me: [Troy pizza gif]

uhhhh I want to take another squint at whether it would make any sense for Pano to legitimately be third-party, I don't think a third-party bus driver is impossible, but there being a scum bus driver too who swapped Pano with a third party is definitely plausible, which makes me a little paranoid about why we haven't had anything else in the game so far appear to be affected by a swap other than what Pano did. Help.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I am also admittedly extremely fucking confused about all this swapping shit, can somebody explain in dumb diaper baby terms why Pano showing up as TP for Starlight's investigation isn't actually accurate? Something about a scum!bus driver that I'm not understanding??]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
N1: inspect Bluwiikoon. See Third Party.
N2: inspect Panoramic_Vacuum. See Third Party.
N3: inspect Blossomleaf. See Town *.
[[Well, that's one hell of a twist. I know that Pano very well may have been swapped, but that's still worth some suspicion if the beast is as bad as blossom is making it out to be. Also not entirely sure I buy this claim because it could be a bid to get actual cop to counterclaim from a scum player who figured they were going down anyway. I'll have to go back and reread Starlight's posts with this in mind.]]
[[oh my god, I just realized that if Laura was the scum bus driver, then that means that N2 had three swaps]]
[[That many swaps and somehow Chibi is still alive. Smh. More seriously tho if info roles could look into Chibi / Free that would be cool. I'd have figured scum would've killed them earlier if they were clean. As for defending myself from the lots of scum reads I'm getting, I don't know how to. I've already come out as bulletproof so if you want to kill me, I mean, sure? My value is already undermined a lot bit by my role being known and you'd get some info. I'd still be a bit more concerned with hunting the beast today, and Blossom's already cleared me of that. And I am inclined to believe that we have a serial killer since five mafia / one cult leader / one serial killer fills out windskull's scum list. Having a serial killer hunter feels like a fun way to balance an otherwise powerful SK role.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Well, that's one hell of a twist. I know that Pano very well may have been swapped, but that's still worth some suspicion if the beast is as bad as blossom is making it out to be. Also not entirely sure I buy this claim because it could be a bid to get actual cop to counterclaim from a scum player who figured they were going down anyway. I'll have to go back and reread Starlight's posts with this in mind.]]

[[That many swaps and somehow Chibi is still alive. Smh. More seriously tho if info roles could look into Chibi / Free that would be cool. I'd have figured scum would've killed them earlier if they were clean. As for defending myself from the lots of scum reads I'm getting, I don't know how to. I've already come out as bulletproof so if you want to kill me, I mean, sure? My value is already undermined a lot bit by my role being known and you'd get some info. I'd still be a bit more concerned with hunting the beast today, and Blossom's already cleared me of that. And I am inclined to believe that we have a serial killer since five mafia / one cult leader / one serial killer fills out windskull's scum list. Having a serial killer hunter feels like a fun way to balance an otherwise powerful SK role.]]
[[If you’re indifferent to being killed and voluntarily roleclaimed, could you at least explain what else your role does? Unless I missed you talking about the rest of your card, bulletproof only constitutes the passive part of a card with three different powers on it.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Log of actions so far:

D1: no one voted out

N1: [Mafia member] shoots Equitial
Equitial dies!
Pano swapped no one
Torchic protected no one
Blossom inspected Persephone (clear)
Shini receives 2 dread from Free
Starlight inspects Bluwiikoon (sees: Third Party)
Yellow blocked uA
uA swaps X and Y (blocked)

D2: no one voted out

N2: Bench tracked Yellow, saw her block Tetra
Yellow blocked Tetra
uA is hastened
- uA swaps X and Pano
- uA swaps Y and Z
Pano swaps uA and Inke
[Mafia member] shoots Inke (swapped)
uA dies!
SparklingEspeon receives 2 dread from Free
Blossomleaf inspected bruh and SparklingEspeon (both clear)
Starlight inspects Pano (swapped) (sees: Third Party)
- Starlight actually inspected X

D3: Bluwii voted out (TP)

N3: Pano swapped Bench and Blossom
Blossom inspects Starlight (clear), Pano (clear), and Bench (clear) (swapped)
Starlight inspects Blossom (swapped) (sees: Town)
- Starlight actually inspected Bench
[Mafia member] shoots Windskull
Windskull dies!

Let me know if I'm missing anything/if anyone has gaps to fill.

smh at my inspections being swapped hmph.PNG
]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Starlight... you have no idea how close I was to shooting you last night...

Like what the hell. I thought between you and Pano, one of you would be a TP or scum.

Then came Blossom's info and both of your claims. My god, I'm so glad I didn't shoot any of you.]]
[[Use your Vigilante shot on Sind, she said it'd benefit Town.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I am also admittedly extremely fucking confused about all this swapping shit, can somebody explain in dumb diaper baby terms why Pano showing up as TP for Starlight's investigation isn't actually accurate? Something about a scum!bus driver that I'm not understanding??]]
[[Hey remember when the Cop tried to inspect Tetra last game only for their investigation to get swapped to a Mafia player?

- uA swaps X and Pano
- uA swaps Y and Z
For the record, we don't actually know what Jackie was - so we can't say for certain that Jackie was the killer/Mafia Bus Driver.

Anyway, after a bit of rereading, I've given myself a shortlist of concerning players consisting of Pers, Tetra, Sind, Q/Mewtini, and Espy. As of right now, Pers tops my current sus-list and I'm going to dive into her posts a bit more but a couple things stuck out to me today: I'm generally not a fan of her Bulletproof claim, it comes off as "hey, here's a super safe claim, please don't sus me". Also it doesn't make much sense since everyone was given essentially three separate roles. Why just claim it out of the blue like that? The second thing is her most recent post. I don't like it. Feels a lot like deflection/blowing smoke--definitely giving the side eye.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
[[Your restraint is admirable, and also fantastic because it's still in play. At this point, if we paint a target on so many people, can the scum reasonably hit them all? (famous last words, I know, but maybe...?)]]
[[I could seal or kill one of the six in your list to see what would happen.]]

Going to once again point out how Shini conveniently fell under the radar after she was almost vote trained, and I have plans to go back and look at whatever she might have posted after the fact (if anything at all). I just recall her being fairly active leading up to the almost train, then that severely fell afterward. Could be irl stuff but the convenience of the timing is firing synapses.
[[Well, it's not like I can really control when my school ends so eh.

I mean yeah, I was active earlier (by earlier I meant today) but that's mostly because my school decided to go back to online classes due to some of my schoolmates having Covid... which y'know, is a bit annoying and a little scary.]]

As for defending myself from the lots of scum reads I'm getting, I don't know how to. I've already come out as bulletproof so if you want to kill me, I mean, sure? My value is already undermined a lot bit by my role being known and you'd get some info. I'd still be a bit more concerned with hunting the beast today, and Blossom's already cleared me of that. And I am inclined to believe that we have a serial killer since five mafia / one cult leader / one serial killer fills out windskull's scum list. Having a serial killer hunter feels like a fun way to balance an otherwise powerful SK role.]]
[[I think we have 3 TPs instead and a Four scum Mafia.

Bluwii was a TP. The 'Beast' is one and there's also whoever this Stringer is. (Unless the strings are connected to the Beast but I don't think we have any evidence on that)

With Jackie dead, there's probably three scums left so I think they'd be playing their cards a bit closer due to their smaller number.

Also Bulletproof can be a Mafia role, right? I think the wiki said it's rare but not unheard of.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[afaik there's a format that allows the mafia to choose their shooter each night, it's not automatically the same person each night (if someone else can fact check that for me that'd be appreciated) so, again, afaik there's not guarantee Laura was ever a shooter, either the first night or the second. I just happened to redirect the mafia's shot back at one of their own members. It doesn't mean Laura was the actual shooter at Inke.]]

"My guardian wants to remind everyone that in his previous game, the mafia had a designated kill role, assigned to the Goomy. It wasn't randomized. He's not sure how common either setup is, but he's suspects it's likely just given to one person as their role, which could get transferred upon death to the next surviving mafia. Regardless, we don't see how this actually matters, since either way, mafia has a kill every night regardless."

[[Use your Vigilante shot on Sind, she said it'd benefit Town.]]

"I really, really hope this was a joke..."

Bluwii was a TP. The 'Beast' is one and there's also whoever this Stringer is. (Unless the strings are connected to the Beast but I don't think we have any evidence on that)

"This is assuming that sans wasn't the beast himself. Also, has anyone considered the possibility that the stringer is mafia-aligned rather than TP? Or would that be too busted?"

[[Also, I don't want to get too distracted that we forget about it entirely--what are we going to do with Abra's nightskip? I'm worried that if we wait too long, we could run the risk of losing Abra, since both mafia and third-parties might try to get rid of a power like that.

"Also going to remind everyone of this so it's less likely to be missed. If we skip the night, no one gets to use abilities... but does that mean we get to vote out two people before the next night phase? Last night made no sense, but tonight might. Beast is supposedly active, if they're still around, and now we have role-claims that, frankly, make very tempting targets for mafia. A night-skip power, a doctor, a cop... so much for people thinking a mass-claim was a poor idea."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Bulletproof can be a mafia role, yes. its also dangerous to claim as mafia with a known tracker because if I interact with anyone it’s a shredded defense. I’m also in a pair of lovers / masons. I’m afraid that my partner hasn’t been terribly helpful in keeping me up to speed, though. My one shot draws all actions taken against my lover, including kill shots, onto me.

I still think mass role claim was stupid. We have all these roles, yes, but didn’t learn anything to pin the blame on any one person. This far into role madness and we’re still going on vibes alone. We also can’t use those roles if we skip a night to avoid them being killed and, if kills do escalate throughout the game, we could lose them all shortly if we don’t skip. I struggle to see the mass claim as a win. I didn’t like it at the time and I don’t like it now.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
UM WHAT_front.png"H-hey, what the...?"

Suddenly, Sidney staggered backward, wildly swinging at the air above his head.

"Fuck off! Fuckin' strings! They're yankin' at my brain! They fuckin' hurt! Goddamnit!"

In his panic, the guardian stone attached to his hat tumbled to the ground. It crackled and chirped with static before a masculine voice came through in between the popping and hissing.

[[--idney, Sidney! Oh no, please, can someone hear me? Sidney! I'm sorry, it's the strings, they're interfering. I... I think it's because they're so tight.

To anyone who can hear me, I have i warm you. The message said that there were a "dangerous number" of players with these strings. So much so that the "puppet master" could win at nightfall if more are affected.]]

The voice stopped, only static coming through, before it came back, barely a whisper.

[[I'm sorry. I... I've been in these games before, but not... Not like this. I don't know what to do.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Hey, what are you—Zekrom, that feels weird. Hey, cut it out!"

The Arctozolt's eyes widened, before they said, "Shit! Shit! We got the strings, too!"

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[HEY

I just got a PM from Namo. I got strings. Also:

"The strings are tightening. A dangerous number of others have these strings. If more come, perhaps the puppet master will win at nightfall."

So:
Strings unrelated to claiming legendary
Game is about to end for Townies?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Got a message about the strings tightening, too. Pano never said the patron name, right? Just roleclaimed?

Clearly multiple people can be strung per day, so no way can they do it indiscriminately, which’d just mean they autowin if the survive until tonight - there’s got to be something that makes it possible. Now I’m wondering if guessing the name of your role is what lets the stringer get you. Did anyone get strung who didn’t claim a role with a common name (bus driver, tracker, miller)?

Now I’m wondering if kyeugh is the stringer and that’s why she suggested mass roleclaim…?]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Top Bottom