• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
But now that I know that me and Jackie were swapped that night, it means Jackie interacted with Tetra that night, if I'm understanding things correctly.]]
[[No, Pano said they swapped Inke and Jackie on N2.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[On Night 2, I tracked Yellow. I saw her interacting with Tetra.]]

[[But now that I know that me and Jackie were swapped that night, it means Jackie interacted with Tetra that night, if I'm understanding things correctly.]]
"Hmm... no, there would have needed to be a swap around Puck [[Yellow]] for your tracking to get disrupted."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Ah, my mistake.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I'm not sure anyone was suspicious of Yellow for her claim? Were they? I feel like I'm the main person who's been pushing suspicion of Yellow and none of that has been because of finding anything shifty about her claim. The only reason I have any doubts about the claim there is that I was suspicious of Yellow for other reasons, which would mean the nightskip power would have to be a lie (either that or Namo's doing some really strange things with this setup).

Anyway, the reason I believed Blossom's claim was that it was weird in a way I think mafia would be highly unlikely to make up spontaneously out of thin air. I also found the manner in which Blossom was vague and evasive to not seem agenda-driven at all - rather, Blossom just seems to generally not speak very clearly a lot of the time (sorry, Blossom). Nothing about the vagueness seemed very deliberate or like an actual attempt to get out of having to say more, as far as I could tell (that would have probably involved some kind of attempt to maintain there's a reason she doesn't think she should say more, rather than just repeatedly saying only a little) - it just looked like an exchange where people have trouble communicating with each other. All in all it just screamed earnest confusion to me. I did find it a stretch for you to actually be the third party - your play has been extremely towny - but it was a thought I had because probably the actual Beast would be highly motivated to get rid of Blossom, and your determination she was lying fitted the bill enough for me to suggest she check.

Either way, things sure happened while I was typing this. It soooounds like we have multiple independent verifications that Pano's swap happened, and in that case Bench's result unfortunately says nothing about Blossom.

Bench, are any of your previous results at all noteworthy?]]
[[Yeah, that's fair enough. The general evasiveness was what set off a few flags for me, thus making Blossom my greatest lead D3 (aside from Bluwii, who was going to be eliminated no matter what), which was why I was so eager to drill but I can entirely understand where you're coming from there.

Also yeah, I don't think those results mean much of anything, Bench since I was the one who got swapped with Jackie.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
On Night 2, I tracked Yellow. I saw her interacting with Tetra.]]
[[ unless some bullshit happened this means whatever Tetra does, they should have been able to do twice on N3 (since N2 would have been the initial block-before-haste) ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[On Night 2, I tracked Yellow. I saw her interacting with Tetra.]]

[[But now that I know that me and Jackie were swapped that night, it means Jackie interacted with Tetra that night, if I'm understanding things correctly.]]
[[No this explains it! I got blocked night 2.

I apologze for not saying anything at the time but somebody used their blocking powers on me that night.

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[ unless some bullshit happened this means whatever Tetra does, they should have been able to do twice on N3 (since N2 would have been the initial block-before-haste) ]]
[[And yes I was hasted, so I reasonably believe yellow/Abra is town tbh

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[So for clarity, here's what I did:

N1: no swap, didn't use my powers
N2: swapped Inke and Jackie - result, Jackie died
N3: swapped Blossom and Bench - result, they inspected each other]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[And before anyone asks why I didn't say anything earlier, I was honestly trying for two things:

Playing it close to the chest to see if I could catch any lies/counterclaims
A little scared that the lack of death would be blamed on me being blocked
And not wanting scum to know I could act twice and become a target

But now that I have no more act twice stuff I figured its safe to say. This fairly well clears Abra? I think.

And It sounds like the debacle with bus driving was vaguely reseolved. Blossom seems honestly genuine and her claim seems too weird an elaborate for a beginning or an experience person to make out of thin air, like Free said. I really think we got some super stealth wolves/TP's like... Sind?? Uh./... Starlight?

Pano is sort cleared in my head bc why take credit for killing jackie?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I mean, I feel obligated to note that targeting you doesn't mean Abra is town, just that their block-haste action exists, which I don't think anyone doubted.]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[Hmm. Yeah, I’ll be unpopular and side with Blossom. I’ve never played a game with a werewolf hunter type role and it makes some sense of the werewolf is true bulletproof except for, well, silver bullets. Plus Bench’s read could just be weird power role interactions. Or Bench could be lying but I don’t think so. Risks inviting a counterclaim from a town tracker, which I suspect we have, if he was wrong. We’ll know well enough tomorrow if more bodies start dropping.

Did anyone get strings on them last night?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Hmm. Yeah, I’ll be unpopular and side with Blossom. I’ve never played a game with a werewolf hunter type role and it makes some sense of the werewolf is true bulletproof except for, well, silver bullets. Plus Bench’s read could just be weird power role interactions. Or Bench could be lying but I don’t think so. Risks inviting a counterclaim from a town tracker, which I suspect we have, if he was wrong. We’ll know well enough tomorrow if more bodies start dropping.

Did anyone get strings on them last night?]]
[[I think we all but confirmed strings are a day action]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I feel good about Pano's swapping information too; as a mafia swapper, clearly she wouldn't have legitimately swapped the mafia's killer with the mafia's target, and as Chibi mentioned, if she wasn't responsible for that, she's opening herself easily to a counterclaim from the actual responsible party - plus wouldn't the tension between Bench and Blossom serve the mafia pretty well otherwise? Unless, I guess, the mafia is just afraid of the Beast and really wanted to ensure Blossom doesn't get offed, but all in all, seems a stretch.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia was pacing back and forth with a manic sort of energy. "Being able to trust Sidney is huge. That was a big hole in my theories. I'm now pretty convinced that the remaining mafia are between Winona, Courtney, Kekoa, Tricky, and Fray."

[[Tricky is of course a total null, and there's not much to go off for Kekoa either. I've already made my distrust of Fray well enough, so I'm gonna pay closer attention to Winona and Courtney now.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Strings are definitely a day action. I got mine in the middle of the day.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
mad_front.png"So now that shit's all out in the open, can we get back to the issue and talk about the sketchy Ninetales?"

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[The only way I could see scum!Pano work is if there is no Town!Bus Driver, but that makes no sense since a) it doesn't seem like a risk Mafia would be willing to take and b) why would Mafia shoot their own, even if they planned to swap the kill onto someone else (which would imply roleblocker but someone would've probably spoken up about it by now). I definitely this think this clears Pano, meaning that Starlight should be looked at. My biggest thing with her is that she is isn't doing much to scum hunt, most of her efforts feel extremely TP focused.]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
Ajia was pacing back and forth with a manic sort of energy. "Being able to trust Sidney is huge. That was a big hole in my theories. I'm now pretty convinced that the remaining mafia are between Winona, Courtney, Kekoa, Tricky, and Fray."

[[Tricky is of course a total null, and there's not much to go off for Kekoa either. I've already made my distrust of Fray well enough, so I'm gonna pay closer attention to Winona and Courtney now.]]
[[ this is a very good PoE, looks very similar to mine. i will likely follow any wagon you make here except fray. -q ]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[".....so maybe this is me being overly paranoid but I thought I should bring this up and mention that regardless of how the voting goes for EoD that I think for N4 I will be targeted and killed by the beast. as I revealed my role and I suspect that while the line about how "only I can kill the beast" is true. I think the opposite is true as well? In that "the beast can maybe easily kill me as well." and this may be speculation on my part? but it's something that I've been thinking about while rereading my card for a while now.....so um. figured I might toss this out there? but feel free to like tell me if I'm over analyzing this or maybe making shit up due to paranoia? cause I'm reading up on what the different roles do now. and um....what I'm thinking is maybe the beast has a one-shot strongman ability? which...i think adds up with what my card might be saying? but at the same time. I don't know. except for the strong feeling I have that I might be one of the potential deaths in N4 due to my inability to keep things secret cause well. hunter vs hunter. and I revealed what I can do while the beast was still inactive and hiding sooo... that's what I just speculated as of now? and it's my own theory I figured I'd share with the others. which keep in mind this is all speculation. so don't take any of this as concrete facts. outside of what i already shared about my role and abilities anyway."]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["and if I'm not speaking clearly or clarifying things properly then sorry. cause i know that post was a rambling mess. but those are my thoughts atm. and ping me if I sound too vague, confusing, or I'm not making any sense. since that isn't my intent so much as I figured i'd reveal what's on my mind."]]

Top Bottom