• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Maybe the TP SK also has a time restriction on their killing power as well? Like Blossom was saying they have until D4 to find them, maybe upon D4, this TP SK is free to finally kill?? Purely speculation at this point, because yeah we've only had 1 night kill per round, but how many protective powers in play? So far at least two (Shini's claimed Heal on Free N1, and whoever has the matching Doctor power if Shini's "reuse" ability is truthful.]]
[[This is possible. It seems like things will get really crazy D4 then.... if thats true?

Is this TP allowed to strike multiple times maybe?]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I ask because how else would a SK/TP type expect to win if they can't act until D4. They'd have to have the power to hit more than once I'd think...

Unless blossom's power is somehoow relatetd to stringing? Kill the stringer??? idk]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[Err.... I think it'd be a lot easier if you basically restated what namo said. You don't have to quote directly just. Write what he said. I'm still confused.

If I understand?

You can investigate X amount of times, and X=Number of nights. 1 once night 1, 2 on night 2, and so on. But you have to do this before night 4?

You are looking for??? a Beast??? A something?? who is a TP? This is ambiguous. What did Namo call it? a TP, a cult leader? a creature? another legendary?

But you're also a vig? But you can only kill after you have found your target? And then... some kind of restrictions are lifted?

(Am I the only one who still feels a little confused? I'm sorry)]]
[["I mean....you're not alone in the confusion category tbf since now I'm just second guessing everything that's written about my card? But um....if it's not against the rules I suppose then this is the summary I had to give Namo back to clarify that I understood what was written down:

So! Edit: My understanding is that I'm similar to a cop? but I'm not a cop as I'm only meant to investigate who is the 3rd party beast vs, who isn't the 3rd party beast.

Which! My Vigilante power can only kill the serial killer / Beast. But no other player if I wind up picking the wrong target (until the 3rd party / beast is dead). And I'm also on a time limit to find / kill the beast before its powers activate on D4. When the game will now have a 3rd party killing town and / or mafia in addition to mafia's expected kills.

During each night, the amount of people I can investigate will increase depending on what night cycle it is. So for instance:
N1 = can investigate 1 person
N2 = can investigate 2 people
N3 = can investigate 3 people
etc."]]

[[Boy, that information (that being of a potential SK) would've been good to know a lot earlier on.]]
[["....and yeah sorry Inke. I don't have much to say against this accusation cause I guess I made the wrong decision by keeping it to myself. and keep in mind that I'm only suspecting it's a 3rd party serial killer? But I don't have actual proof it's the case. so um...sorry for not speaking up sooner and keeping information to myself then. despite not knowing what the best call was to make in this situation. cause I guess i made nothing but wrong plays for D3 and throughout this game. which is rather...unfortunate and sucks :( "]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Additionally, from what I gathered, a role that finds only Third-parties feels like a scum-role? For Town, it feels like a worse Cop but for Mafia, who already know the scum composition? That's huge.]]
"My main question is why on earth would Nanu's guardian have told us any of this at all if they were mafia? It just feels so... unnecessary. We weren't actively pressuring him, so why go out of the way to claim a weird role when he could just... not. Sure, it could just be a misplay, since the mafia can't talk during the day, more mistakes than usual would be expected. But... it still just seems like a really weird move for a mafia to make?”

ngl if this is all written with flavor specifically for Nanu's character (given the Sun/Moon post-game reveal that he had a run in with a UB when he was with the International Police, and he's on a quest for revenge, bravo, Namo, bravo]
[[Oh my god, I was cackling when I initially thought that Nanu was claiming cop, I didn’t even think about him being an ultra beast hunter(???)]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
"My main question is why on earth would Nanu's guardian have told us any of this at all if they were mafia? It just feels so... unnecessary. We weren't actively pressuring him, so why go out of the way to claim a weird role when he could just... not. Sure, it could just be a misplay, since the mafia can't talk during the day, more mistakes than usual would be expected. But... it still just seems like a really weird move for a mafia to make?”
[[ wait i'm confused... have we not been like painfully extracting this information one detail at a time -q ]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

There were a lot of votes. Logging them down now for convenience.

Late Morning checkin:

Current players: 18

sans (13)
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Aster (Kadabra) [Abrapunk]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]

Fray(1)
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Aster(1)
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]

Abstain (3)
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave gave the red-eyed Meowth a critical look. "I mean, the vagueness doesn't really strike me as malicious here. I don't know what he's talking about half the time. I think he's just fucking like that." He regarded him for a moment, eyes narrowed. "Look, I can believe his role is what he says it is. Doesn't mean it's necessarily town-aligned, maybe he's a third party serial killer too and just has a blood feud with this other guy, but it checks out that if you've got a lone wolf who has to identify one specific person in a twenty-person game, they'd get a bit of a boost to the investigation part. It sounds pretty nuts if he just came up with all that."

[[ wait, but if that's true... then wouldn't there be two kills per night?

....unless the mafia has no killing power at all???

Idk this is all hypothetical throwing crap to the wall ]]
"Well, he said the other guy doesn't become active until day four, so I'm assuming that means they can't kill anyone before that."

He sighed, glaring at the Slakoth. "As for this little shit? Well, apparently we're going to have to get rid of him sooner or later. Only question is whether he's bluffing about the dumb fucking thing of several recruits who might not even know they were recruited dying if we do it during the day. And obviously he's mainly trying to buy time to recruit more people with it. No reason it shouldn't be a lie. I'm just..." He gritted his teeth. "You know what, fuck it. There's too many people in this fucking game anyway."

[[I'm still paranoid about this help

But like, rationally prooobably not? That seems a mean mechanic. Like, how would we ever know it's a daykill vs. nightkill thing except if the cult leader tells us, and literally what possible way would we ever have to discern the truth about that if they do? I guess theoretically the oracle could tell us? But like, the result we'd end up with even if we decided to do that could just be that actually the cult leader getting killed will always kill the recruits, and by waiting all we'd have done would be to make more people die with them. (Although would that violate Namo's rule against third parties that end the game when they die, given the third party might have amassed enough recruits to end the game instantly...?)]]

"Oh my God. Just fucking vote him and be done with it. It's not like anyone's actually fucking dying in this thing. I've died in several of these now and I just keep magically fucking coming back. Maybe game'll end a bit earlier. Wouldn't that be a fucking mercy."

[[Dave, you're not helping. Anywayyy, yeah, no, it's probably very unlikely that's actually a thing if he's killed during the day specifically. I just. Surely Namo wouldn't do that.

Vote: sans (Bluwiikoon)]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Votes are very decided it seems, for now, but nobody really called to end the day early, which requires a supermajority per the rules. So, I suppose unless that changes in 35 minutes, we still have another 24 hours to go. Just an fyi.

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Honestly I don't particularly want to end the day early? There's plenty to discuss and I would very much like to finish going through Yellow etc. before, like, potentially dying in the night or something and not being able to.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Extra time to reread yes please, especially since we won't have a mad vote scramble to worry about.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Yeah, more time please.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Some quick responses to other stuff that happened overnight that I threw into multiquote when I caught up:]]
Shini was actually the first to sus Jackie I believe, and continued to mention their sus of Jackie, and their behaviour feels weird for being scum.

unless this was preplanned that Shini could sus Jackie if things go cagey?
[[I would strongly expect mafia!Jackie would discuss distancing N1 - throwing some suspicion on each other so as to not appear to be on the same team. Shini didn't really go hard after Jackie, just sort of threw their name out there for kind of flimsy reasons and then Jackie countered the accusation with gusto. I don't think there was ever much danger of that accusation being taken seriously to the point of Jackie getting voted out for it, so I think it's easily within casual distancing range.]]

"And what is more curious right now is how I believe Shini or someone else might be claiming a role that I have? But then again with how little I know for the roles in this game, Shini could just be making honest mistakes.
[[So by this you just meant Shini claiming to have a vigilante shot as part of being a JOAT? I forget if you've clarified since, but in any case, there's definitely no reason to think your existence as some kind of vigilante means a JOAT having a vigilante shot is suspect. Heck, all of Shini's powers are something someone else in the game can be presumed to have, thanks to the recharge clause.]]

Whether or not uA and q were working together, I can't tell, as they didn't really interact in their posts.
[[I mean, q called out Jackie's retraction of their Bluwii vote and later voted them; I'd hardly call that no interaction.]]

"Answers in there more or less. And sadly my guardian is having trouble backlogging with the thread. but I think we both read somewhere that @Seren mentioned @Dragonfree targeting us with dread? if someone wants to clarify on that a bit further?"
[[What Seren was getting at there was hypothetically if I'd targeted you with dread last night, it'd have been able to confirm Bluwii's original claim of being able to prevent marks. Obviously, that was not actually a thing at all, so that's ultimately irrelevant. The person I actually targeted last night was SparklingEspeon.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[And now a break from mafia, hooopefully I can get to start rereading some Yellow later before I go to bed]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Midday checkin:

Current players: 18

sans (15)
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Aster (Kadabra) [Abrapunk]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Fray(0)

Aster(0)

Abstain (3)

Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Hi I'm not fully caught up yet so if it his has been addressed, forgive me, but I just want to point out:
[[ i'm depressed blossomleaf isn't cop because it would make the PoE so much easier. -q ]]
[[What is PoE?]]
[[I'm....not trying to be long-winded or confusing on purpose? but why are ppl making a big deal out of how many people I can investigate per night? because according to Namo the amount of ppl I can investigate increases as the Nights cycles go on. So for instance: N1 - one person N2 - two people. N3 - three people. etc.

and also from what I was told I am a bit similar to cop? but not cop because I can't discern player alignments or anything outside of whether a player is a specific 3rd party or not that I was told to try and find before D4 starts. otherwise if I didn't then I failed. which i did. and am going to if I do wind up dying alongside Sans after we vote him out.

and as for the actual role? I am apparently vigilante who can only kill 3rd atm. or. I would have been able to do had I survived another day and night cycle. but as for being motivated?....no. No one motivated me and I still don't understand why being able to investigate multiple people per night is such a big deal? But then again this is me talking like I know shit when I don't. so um. that's about it for why I can only act during the night. and I hope that's less of a "vague answer". cause....it's not like I was trying to be vague on purpose, which sorry for confusion I brought about D3 then. aka my bad..."]]
[[How can this be possible?? Namo said in the rules that there are no "odd night only" or "even night only" powers.]]

Top Bottom