• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Unvote.

Bluwii still seems sus AF to be honest. He’s been pinged multiple times to explain himself and has only offered one half-hazard explanation, he really hasn’t tried to defend himself much, and I feel like if he were town he’d be a looooot more proactive about trying to convince us he’s innocent. Strongly wanting to vote him rn.

Also Tetra, I guess I’ll let it slide lol. But first I’m going to drive myself to Florida to restrict your airflow for FORGETTING ABOUT THE GAME. Ya nub. I’m going to punt you into the sun. 💛

Still, you’re not completely off my radar, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I am so tired my eyes hurt. I need to sleep, I cannot decide who to vote for. If someone makes a convincing argument for/against Cult Leader Bluwii I'll at least be able to make a decision about whether he's a sensible vote. I don't like the Tetra wagon anymore, I legit believe she was swallowed by L'Arceus. And I never liked the Shini wagon. I'll keep checking in but I'm gonna go get ready for bed. I already posted like a million tmes more than I intended to today, and it made me very rude to my hosts who were trying to spend time with me. 🙃 ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I for one am fairly confident in voting for Bluwii unless/until he makes a more solid defense. Everything about his play seems exactly the same as when he was scum in Vanilla maf. Frankly I have NO idea what kind of powers he is claiming to have and I’m very confused. What we know so far is that…if he votes for someone, they get an unidentified passive ability? For how long? We don’t know if this is true at all? We can’t confirm it? Everything has been frustratingly vague.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[["Omg blesssseeedddddd we got an extension!!!!!! :DDD"]]

"yeah seems like it, kid. But now that you're back you mind maybe getting us caught up?" Nanu prodded the guardian device.

[[Which prompted the device to ping excitedly and start scrolling through the backlog. "Ah! yes, yes I'm doing that RIGHT NOW. Since A LOT happened while I was out. So, um let me do my best to catch up on what's going on. But from my understanding:

Sans / Bluwii is chosing to use their voting power on us. And honestly this choice throws me for a loop. Because I didn't anticipate being the recipient of someone's power? And i'm unsure what to make of this choice. Since we still have no clue what Sans/ Bluwii powers do outside of what he already told us so far:

"anyway," sans began, clearing his throat. "it seems y'all want explanations, which is understandable. i'm not exactly in everyone's best standings, so, y'know. better to let it out than to die saying nothing."

"when i vote for someone, i can prevent them from being marked for the next night," he said. nodding slowly. "i do have a theory about what a mark means, but i'm getting to that. there is an interesting snippet, however: my power doesn't work on a certain patron legendary. i'm assuming right now that that's whatever puck's patron is. this is why i had some theories about the 'diamond of light', since that would tie in pretty well to the other legendary that i know exists via mechanical confirmation."

"now. i kind of have a wild crack theory, if you'll hear me out," said sans, clearing his throat. "i think that this game revolves around several cult leaders, and how many members they manage to 'recruit'. we had the strings, the diamond thing, and now whatever puck does. i am saying this now because i don't have anything to lose, if i'm already on the chopping block. so, make of that what you will."

"anyway. hope this helps." sans shrugged, smiling weakly.
"And the fact that Pano agrees with Bluwii's train of thought leads me to believe that we are in fact possibly dealing with cult leaders and factions?"

Sidney listened to the weird Slakoth explain their theoryn of the game set up, then he listened to the Alolan Meowth. Slowly he withdrew his card and began to read carefully, just like the Yveltal said to do. His eyes squinted in concentration.

View attachment 2249"Um, guys? I think the Slakoth is being truthful. I don't want to vote for him. Because I think he's right, about the cults I mean. And yeah, that's plural for a reason."

"The way my card is worded, in one of my abilities it uses the term "factions". That's... What's the word? I dunno, the Boss is the big word using guy."

He paused, listening to the guardian voice.

View attachment 2250"Oh yeah, that's it. Binary. It's not "town" and "Mafia" but "factions". All these marks flying around, and people claiming to protect or cure them. And only one kill a night. I think the game involves tagging people and making them part of your team, and then at some point, one team gets big enough and wins. And all these teams don't know how many other teams they're competing against."

View attachment 2251"What's weird is... That means town and Mafia have equal reason to want to eliminate people now. Before either group becomes the minority and loses. That's why Mafia can only kill once per night. If too many people die too quickly, there's not enough people to mark and become part of these other factions."

Sidney pulls the rulebook back out, poking through the shredded pages.

View attachment 2252"Says here that each cult has one leader, typically. If you find the leader and take them out, the cult might just fade away. Too many kills at night means the leaders might die too quickly to make things... Interesting." He side eyed the shadowy Mew floating over their heads.

View attachment 2253"So, if I were anyone interested in not becoming part of some kooky cult, I'd take back that vote on the Slakoth's head if I were you. Unless you think he's still lyin'."
"That's just adding a whole another level of complexity to this shit on top of what we're already dealing with. And now that I have time I want to clarify why I was originally voting no elimination despite it sounding like a terrible idea.

And honestly it's because with how much information was getting yeeted around, and how little time I had to sit down and skim through it all, I did not feel comfortable just lynching someone like Bluwii and Tetra without hearing their side of things first. And the same thing applies to Seren as well. When I wanted to hear what he had to say during the whole "yellow claiming / swap fiasco"

Because given how complex this mafia game is, I'm like already struggling to ascertain what is safe to reveal vs what's not? and maybe Yellow's right about how it was a dumb vote / move on my part. because if I was "smarter" then technically voting someone out for D2 would be more beneficial. Since it helps narrow down some things I have to look into on my end. the less people / players we have active during the game.

But then when I'm also reading shit like this:

[[Bluwii prevents marks, in general, except for Necrozma's. Not status effects. Seren removes one specific status effect, and also creates these visible diamonds, which may or may not be what was meant by 'marks' in Bluwii's role (but seems likely?).]]
Then this is turning into more unknown abilities that I'm doing my best to keep track of? And if Bluwii / Sans felt like a red herring to vote then that didn't sit well with me either. Since there's still not enough intel about what his powers do exactly. Now that Bluwii / Sans has chosen me as his next target / vote."]]

[["And that doesn't include the whole mess with Shini / Fray now that he revealed he's JOAT and lied about the amount of dread he has on him? So, with all that in mind I'm like super relieved we got the extension. Now that Tetra has also posted and given us some context as to why she's been inactive and on the quieter side."]]

[["And since we have the extension, I want to take this time to compile my thoughts and vote properly with a more informed decision. Especially since I'm still leery about what i want to reveal right now..."]]

"...As we're unsure whether the information we have is going to help or hinder the players. Depending on how this game continues to pan out." Nanu finished the rest of what the Chatot was going to say.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[fwiw Jackie, if you cast a vote and then the majority goes a different direction for someone else while you’re asleep, I don’t think anyone is going to fault you for it. 💛 that said, I wanna know what Blossom means when she says voting for Bluwii could mean something very bad happening??]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[So after all of these vote changes uhhhhh what's the current vote count?]]

[[

Twilight checkin 1:
Current players: 19

No Elimination (0)

Cosmo (0)

sans (3) (first to tie)

Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]

Nanu (1)
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]

Fray (3)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]

Abstain (12)
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]

]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'm pretty sure Chibi and Free are town and I admire their play a lot so it's unsettling that I realyl don't feel comfortable with the Shini vote. Reminds me of Banquet feels. Makes tme think I'm just getting it wrong. Ugh.

I have to 'vote my conscience,' though, as it were, and I like Bluwii's play less than Shini's despite the 2/3 dread messup and the deflector bad logic. I'll wait until I'm about to sleep, check in, see if anyone hass a really good tkae i trust before I pass out.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I for one am fairly confident in voting for Bluwii unless/until he makes a more solid defense. Everything about his play seems exactly the same as when he was scum in Vanilla maf. Frankly I have NO idea what kind of powers he is claiming to have and I’m very confused. What we know so far is that…if he votes for someone, they get an unidentified passive ability? For how long? We don’t know if this is true at all? We can’t confirm it? Everything has been frustratingly vague.]]
[[Did you miss the post where he did explain what his power does? Supposedly, it prevents the target from being "marked" the next day, which he theorizes is cult recruitment.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[*next night, I mean, although I tried to ask Bluwii for clarification on whether it specifically said night or if he was paraphrasing.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
mad_front.png"Alright, I'm tryin' to sort out this whole debacle between the Slakoth's power and the Snivy's power. Apparently the Slakoth can't protect against the Snivy's mark, but both of their marks are protective marks? Why would it matter to have a protective ability not be able to protect against another protective ability?

"Also, for the record, my diamond marks cure a condition. They don't technically cause one. Let me clarify this here before it happens; hopefully it will help prove myself. My marks are only in effect for one day. My patron card says they do cure a certain condition, however... it doesn't state whether or not that condition returns when the mark vanishes. It also say nothing about my former target becoming immune from said condition in the future. I wouldn't think so for either statement, but I don't know."

i assumed it would be better to be more sly about healing or protective abilities, since they're a pretty big boon," said sans. "however: being sly is not one of my strong points, it seems."

neutral frown_front.png"Those are their respective power claims. Both claim protection. Weirdly, I feel like the Snivy's power being temporary would protect a person from being targeted during the day for one day at a time. Which we know is possible, both with the Strings and the Slakoth's vote power."

Okay. So what you're saying is you were told your power prevents a player being 'marked', and when you saw the diamond you figured that's what's meant by a mark. And since you were told there's one patron whose 'marks' your power doesn't protect from, and that patron seemed diamond-related, you figured that's what the diamond was? Someone getting 'marked' by that one legendary you knew about?" Dave frowned, thinking. "I guess that checks out. Explains the vote role being protective, and making a connection with the diamond and patrons even before Puck started talking about the diamond having to do with his patron. If you think this is a multiple cults sort of deal, though, why'd you say you didn't know if it was positive or negative? Isn't cult recruitment pretty fucking negative, and doesn't the fact you thought your power was good mean you figured marks were bad? Or what, did you think maybe the marks of the patron you couldn't protect from were good? Like, a 'town cult'?"

"Marked certainly sounds like a cult, though why would a cult leader be the first one to offer a theory about cults? That seems like shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I got the strings during the day.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia tilted her head. "Um. He did explain quite a bit more than that, actually. Here:"

"when i vote for someone, i can prevent them from being marked for the next night," he said. nodding slowly. "i do have a theory about what a mark means, but i'm getting to that. there is an interesting snippet, however: my power doesn't work on a certain patron legendary. i'm assuming right now that that's whatever puck's patron is. this is why i had some theories about the 'diamond of light', since that would tie in pretty well to the other legendary that i know exists via mechanical confirmation."

"now. i kind of have a wild crack theory, if you'll hear me out," said sans, clearing his throat. "i think that this game revolves around several cult leaders, and how many members they manage to 'recruit'. we had the strings, the diamond thing, and now whatever puck does. i am saying this now because i don't have anything to lose, if i'm already on the chopping block. so, make of that what you will."
"So, in short:

- His vote power prevents the target from getting Marked.
- We're pretty sure this doesn't interact with status effects like Puck's.
- It also doesn't prevent Marks from Necrozma, specifically.
- Necrozma Marks are probably good (they might be like a Firefighter?), so it would be bad if he prevented those.
- Strings do seem to fit the bill for what counts as a Mark.
- Since the description of the strings seem pretty dang similar to a cult leader, sans is essentially claiming some kind of anti-cult role."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Did you miss the post where he did explain what his power does? Supposedly, it prevents the target from being "marked" the next day, which he theorizes is cult recruitment.]]
[[I did, but I felt like it didn’t really…clarify too many things? It’s still very vague and impossible to confirm. And he really hasn’t said much to defend himself.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Ajia tilted her head. "Um. He did explain quite a bit more than that, actually. Here:"

"So, in short:

- Necrozma Marks are probably good (they might be like a Firefighter?), so it would be bad if he prevented those.
- Since the description of the strings seem pretty dang similar to a cult leader, sans is essentially claiming some kind of anti-cult role."
[[thank you for summing this up, my brain was scrambled and between irl chaos and trying to keep up with the thread, I was only barely understanding what was going on.

Ugh. I don’t know. If Blu is telling the truth, then he sure has a useful power and we don’t want to lynch him. But I can’t help but be suspicious that he’s not really making a big effort to convince people he’s town! Am I the only one weirded out by that? If you’re town and you have a super vital role, then you should be URGENTLY trying everything you can to convince people otherwise. No? Am I being too pushy? ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[sorry, my phrasing was terrible there. I meant you should be trying urgently to convince people you are town and that you aren’t scum. Please forgive my awful…well, everything in this game. Lol.]]

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
that said, I wanna know what Blossom means when she says voting for Bluwii could mean something very bad happening??]]
[["Eh? Wait...where did I say that voting for Bluwii could mean something bad would happen? Because as far as I can tell, all I'm doing is reiterating what everyone is thinking regarding Bluwii's powers? and if anything I'm trying to figure out why bluwii / sans is choosing to "mark me" per say. Since I'm currently rummaging through the backlog to try and figure out what's going on? So, I can get an idea as to what I might need to expect once his voting power activate?" ]]
[[I may be asleep before EOD, so I'm going to lock in a protective vote now just in case I'm not here!]]

vote: Nanu/Blossomleaf

[[I like Nanu's solvyness and the questions he's been asking, feels pro-town to me so far. ^^ Good vibes!]]
[[Did you miss the post where he did explain what his power does? Supposedly, it prevents the target from being "marked" the next night, which he theorizes is cult recruitment.]]
[["Which thanks Dragonfree / Dave, and Chibi / Ajia for the tldr just now! Cause this is what I was trying to find during my search! which is a huge help btw. Because for all that I want to trust that Sans / Bluwii is town...I do agree about how there's still too many uknown factors surrounding both his gameplay and also his reluctance to step forward and provide more answers as to what he can do? And I know that we have confirmation that neither recipients of San's powers will be notified or affected in a negative manner per say once they're picked but at the same time...I would like to ask Sans / @Bluwiikoon if he was told what would happen to the individuals he voted? If he winds up elimated or voted out?."]]

"So, in short:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ah, my bad, it was Starlight who said this:]]

About the whole multifaction cult thing: I strongly support this theory. I think Bluwii is one of a cult, though whether he's leader or recruiting, I don't know. I'm wary about voting for him without taking him out. If his vote on someone leaves protection, I feel like whoever votes for him at the end of day will have Something Bad happen to them. I may retract my vote if he's not in the majority.

Top Bottom