• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So I genuinely literally straight up forgot this exists and got lost in PLA, straight up. For hours. I have no excuse. Also weekends are a bad time for activity. Thats why I haven't even been aggressive. I barely read anything, barely skimmed, and didn't know what was going on so I didn't make accusations. :V

WOrkthis week was less chill than usual and I didn't pay enough attention

I have no excuses for this, and I do apologize. Signing up when PLA was out was a terrible idea once again on my part and poor judgement. Which messes up the game for people so I'm really sorry about that, truly. (I'm not even saying that to save face I hate inactivity).

Anyways As can be seen, I only made one or two posts because I was just trying to have a semblance of activity. I kept meaning to post but (PLA)

Also I understand several people have pinged me and people are voting for me which is nerve wracking but I'll try not to panic. Its not defense really, but I am town. A very bad One though I guess. And I know thats no defense. All I can say again is 1000% of my RAM and brainpower was hyperfixated on LA.

I am trying to catch up now and see what can be done, and reply to what I can. aaaaa sorry again, truly and really. Expect a brief amount of no posts once again as I attempt to read 10 pages of backlog. (forgive me) ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[JOAT is usually town and it doesn't feel right to me for a scum JOAT to have the power set described by Shini. But it's entirely possible, IF he's lied about his powers and what he's done with them. But then why even claim JOAT and go on that whole weird tangent about me being a deflector? Doesn't feel like a scum plan to me.]]
[[The power set was kill, heal, roleblock, deflector, right? That's actually something that gave me the tiniest pause - town JOAT tends to have a one-shot inspection, but not this one. The only power that doesn't seem obviously useful for a mafia member is the heal, but then again it seems pretty likely there's a town vigilante power of some kind somewhere in this power soup.

I guess the oddest thing about it is I figured probably the self-targeting deflector would be scum, and would deflect onto townies, to misdirect inspections, vigilantism, etc. - a town-aligned self-targeting deflector seems significantly less useful. But then again maybe they are both scum? It would make it possible for the deflector to recharge Shini at will, but also it'd mean any inspection, vigilante shot, etc. would get redirected onto another scum member while they do it...?]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Glad to see you in-thread, Tetra! Good luck on the catchup, sorry we've been very wordy in your absence.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Re: Tetra: That's... unsurprising in hindsight. It isn't alignment indicative but it, uh, tracks. Did you have fun, mate? XD ]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I am trying to catch up now and see what can be done, and reply to what I can. aaaaa sorry again, truly and really. Expect a brief amount of no posts once again as I attempt to read 10 pages of backlog. (forgive me) ]]
Ajia gave the Linoone a reassuring smile. "Odette summarized some things... maybe it'll help."

[[10 pages of backlog is a nightmare but sind did some pretty thorough roundups. I can try to summarize what's happened since then.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I'm going to take a break to do some drawing and discuss Animorphs, but hooooping to return to reread a couple more people's posts afterward before bed.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[["I'm all set" I say, banking on having the weekend to clean up
/extension
me: unquag_emote.png
I will. try to read up and keep up. Hate always being inactive in these
/comes back to unfinished post to find Tetra in same boat
hmm makes sense IMO. I'd also benefit from summaries/roundup posts, so I'll read those if available!]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[I have a lot to get caught up on (3 pages as of now) but want to put some thoughts here. I need to leave for church soon but I'll put a few things i have

About the whole multifaction cult thing: I strongly support this theory. I think Bluwii is one of a cult, though whether he's leader or recruiting, I don't know. I'm wary about voting for him without taking him out. If his vote on someone leaves protection, I feel like whoever votes for him at the end of day will have Something Bad happen to them. I may retract my vote if he's not in the majority.

Odette groaned when she heard somebody else bounding over to her, and looked up to meet the gaze of the Ninetails.

"'Freeing' and 'relieving' are not the words I'd use," she drawled. "But thanks for the encouragement."

Her ears--what was left of them--perked at the mention of Team Magma. She instantaneously felt even more tired than she already was to begin with. She'd had enough of these damn Teams.

"As flattered as I am about the offer, I'm already the apple of another cult's eye. I don't need another 'Team' pinging on my radar."

[[That has nothing to do with the game, by the way, her father's literally the genocidal leader of another Team.]]

"Yes, thank you for that, by the fucking way." She didn't sound thankful whatsoever.
"Oh, really? Well, I'm sure Team Magma can take them out and dispose of them. Then you and I can hang out!"

[[Okay, shit. I'm not sure, cause I'm tired, but... That sounds right. Is Bluwii a cult leader? If so, we might literally never know, depending on how cult mechanics work. Fucking hell.]]
[[I think so]]
The mafia don't want to get recruited into anything... but also, would a mafia member with the power to prevent cult recruitment have that power activated by voting for the target?
[[What makes you say that?]]

[[Will see if I can get any more caught up before I leave, but now I gotta get ready to go.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[My suspicions come partially from a skewed sample size and partially from the content. Bluwii has made a lot more posts than Tetra, but what little Tetra has posted hasn't struck me as suspicious. Rather, it's more akin to someone trying to catch up because of IRL stuff.]]
[[Bless TY. thats exactly whats going on, I always meant to but between work and PLA I genuinely straight kept forgetting and the catchup kept piling up.

Still a bad on me bc its messing up town and wasting time. Sorry guys. :V

I'll be taking this lesson to heart...

Anyways Uhm... Im still trying to catch up but my brain is busted ;_;. And this mixup is confusing and sounds like everyone had the misfortune of going in circles a lot? There was many misunderstandings but a lot of them were cleared up?

While I still play catchup, Shini's JOAT claim seems.... weird? Like. Didn't the signup say everyone gets three powers? Did I miss something? JOAT doesn't fit the scheme at all!

But maybe I missed something. And thats not a real sus at all. I also can't sus anyone strongly yet, still playing catchup. For now, Seren seems honest? And Yellow's fumble... well that seems in line with what I have seen previously (no ill will Yellow, hahha)

Anyways back to catch up.]]

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Ajia had been rereading her notes when something suddenly jumped out at her that made her fur stand on end. "Wait... you healed Dave? Shouldn't you have 3 dread right now?"
Sidney froze, then quickly began counting his needles again.

"Holy shit. She’s right. But, shit, the Froslass is gone for the rest of the day. Fuck, if she’s lying… Fuck, what do we do?”
[[Well, yes. It wasn't relevant at the start of the day and I thought Free's dread thing only works on Inforole since I remember her saying that only alignment reads would increase the dread.

You could imagine the panic I was in when I saw I had 3 dread.]]

please explain whether you actually have two or three Dread right now, why you healed me, and what your thought process was in all this.
[[I have three. Yes, I lied but I didn't want people to know I've done something to you, of course with how this day's gone, everyone already knows I've done something to you.

Why did I heal you? Honestly, I've no clue, it just came to my mind suddenly when I was reading through the sign-ups and rereading D1. I quite literally tossed a die and let it pick between Free, Chibi and Equital. (AKA the ones that I saw as most-likely-to-be town)

So... yeah, sorry about the lies. I probably should've put some vague or subtle hints in my posts but hindsight is 20/20.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oh and regarding the cult vying for power theory - I mean that seems weak? Or unlikely. Unless there's other cults? I know I don't have cult powers I believe, and based on things in my PM I can't fully reveal yet, it seems... not quite the case?

There may just be one cult, the Stringer or whatever.

Now morecatchup, adios]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
heh_front.png"Hey, so I know we're in a holding pattern here waitin' on the Linoone and the Froslass, but I wanted to ask about this in the meantime."

My patron is Dialga. My abilities are all time related.
neutral frown_front.png"Quagsire, Puck was it? Did you get notified about Strings or anything?? You said your patron out loud. Is that not how the Strings work then?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Shini's JOAT claim seems.... weird? Like. Didn't the signup say everyone gets three powers? Did I miss something? JOAT doesn't fit the scheme at all!
[[?? Are you reading Namo's OP correctly? It says you get one role, one special ability and 1 one-shot move.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also tfw when u get voted to put pressure on but you're not even there because you forgot about the game :unquag:

I will apologize to the ends of the earth for this poor showing. Anyways still catching up but I do agree with the point someone made that voting for Bluwiicant get us info. Hmmmm

Espy has been inactive but I'm not sus (im no hypocrite) but I do echo the sentiment about a nonexistant read and it piqueing my curiosity.

So far no one is pinging scum radar except maaayybeee yellow except it seems like her posts are honest. But then, I know she can lie very well. hoohooo.

And maybe jackie but I'd feel bad for jumping the gun bc I know irl stress and other stuff.

No sus for now. Too much crossfire with IRL/RP and stuff.

Also for anyone wondering why I am so Mellow its bc I picked Cosmo to play with, the worlds laziest/relaxed/chillest linoone bc I knew i'd be a little inactive (never thought it'd be this bad) and the one thing I have always been consistent on in Mafia is my playstyle actually matches my RP character most times.

Rascal: Aggro and fun
Hana: Distant and reserved more
Fry/Possum: FunGremlin but helpful
Cosmo: Lazy and non-existant

Thats not an excuse really, jsut an explanation as I continue catching up. I definitely still get why I was sussed though. Just wanted to clarify]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Quagsire, Puck was it? Did you get notified about Strings or anything?? You said your patron out loud. Is that not how the Strings work then?"
Puck shook his head. “Quag.” So far, he hadn’t heard anything. However, it could very well be that the string person decided not to do anything yet just to cause confusion…or perhaps something else was the trigger. He didn’t know what that would be, though.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ vote: unvote

hi Tetra glad you could make it!
….now the bold worked? Ehh.
Anyway I’ll try to skim before new eod which is I think 8 pm now. Right when my store closes so I may not make it. ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Re: Tetra: That's... unsurprising in hindsight. It isn't alignment indicative but it, uh, tracks. Did you have fun, mate? XD ]]
[[Yes. Too much fun, apparently]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[?? Are you reading Namo's OP correctly? It says you get one role, one special ability and 1 one-shot move.]]
[[Hm. Maybe I misread but something in one of your posts made me think that JOAT was all you had somehow.

(Maybe thats what I get for frantically trying to catchup)

My bad.

I'll return to rereading now, I don't have any hard sus.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also everyone keeps saying that saying your legend gets you stringed but why can't it be saying your role.?? That seems way more likely. Maybe once per day someone can string someone who roleclaims. Idk

Saying the patron legendary really seems like it need to be put to bed :V

Well I sort of caught up but I haven't eaten in almost 10 hours so now I need to acquire food.

Will try to continue... rereading. I guess. Try to look for scum giving nudges since they can't daytalk.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I feel like whoever votes for him at the end of day will have Something Bad happen to them.
[[Wait, do you have an actual reason to believe that?]]
While I still play catchup, Shini's JOAT claim seems.... weird? Like. Didn't the signup say everyone gets three powers? Did I miss something? JOAT doesn't fit the scheme at all!
[[I figure their active power is being a JOAT, and their passive is the recharging clause, and they haven't said anything about their ult? That's my assumption.]]
hindsight is 20/20
[[Honestly, fair enough. I get it. But it always looks dodgy when people lie. In your shoes I would have just said 'I now have Dread, as expected'.
You said your patron out loud. Is that not how the Strings work then?"
[[There was never any evidence for this!]]
my playstyle actually matches my RP character
[[This also tracks. I will try to bear it in mind. o7 ]]

Top Bottom