• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Okay, can the two of you explain exactly what makes you think you know what the mark is? You don't have to name your patron or whatever, just say if it's 'It would fit with my patron's identity' or 'My card literally said the target would wind up with a diamond mark'."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
There is one way to confirm this. Did Aija notice anything in the night? @Chibi Pika
Ajia shook her head. "I didn't. I saw the diamond at the same time as everyone else, when the day started.

"For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think the swapper business makes Laura look bad, even if the swapper was mafia. In the games my guardian has been in, mafia swappers always targeted two innocents, in order to bypass healers. That way, if something goes wrong, the kill still lands on their 'backup' target, if that makes sense. And the fact that Bartholomew died instead of one of us two is what's making me think this might have been a well-meaning town swapper."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Cosmo's ears perked up. Even from the land between waking and dreams he had still been listening. That was very interesting. So.... a bad guy had swapped that weird Meowth and the Delcatty.

If the Quagsire spoke truthfully. Probably he was, too. So what did this all mean?

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Still here, still reading. I don't really follow the logic that if me and Cheebs were swapped it makes me look bad? Can someone explain? Anyway I feel like shit today and I can't keep track of 20 people so I've been making icons for literally all our characters for a table of players. Done tonight, probs.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
{{Hi yall I severely overslept. I have some thoughts but I'll come back to it after lunch]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Still here, still reading. I don't really follow the logic that if me and Cheebs were swapped it makes me look bad? Can someone explain? Anyway I feel like shit today and I can't keep track of 20 people so I've been making icons for literally all our characters for a table of players. Done tonight, probs.]]
[[Yellow's logic was that a mafia swapper might have swapped a mafia member with a useful townie in order to cause a false alignment read, as with last game when you were falsely told Tetra was mafia. I don't think I really buy that, personally; I'm not sure either Chibi or Jackie were really obvious investigation targets, so there wasn't much of a reason for the mafia to think that was happening and bet on that, rather than trying to use their hypothetical swap to dodge doctors etc.?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Yellow's logic was that a mafia swapper might have swapped a mafia member with a useful townie in order to cause a false alignment read, as with last game when you were falsely told Tetra was mafia. I don't think I really buy that, personally; I'm not sure either Chibi or Jackie were really obvious investigation targets, so there wasn't much of a reason for the mafia to think that was happening and bet on that, rather than trying to use their hypothetical swap to dodge doctors etc.?]]
[[Yeah the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. If the mafia was going to target Chibi, it would probably be to shoot them, let’s be real 🤣

Still, it’s always good to think of that a possibility! Would y’all say it’s fairly Namocore to have a town swapper? Lol]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Dave sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Okay, can the two of you explain exactly what makes you think you know what the mark is? You don't have to name your patron or whatever, just say if it's 'It would fit with my patron's identity' or 'My card literally said the target would wind up with a diamond mark'."
Puck sighed. He supposed he would have to spell things out. He’d thought people would have naturally come to this conclusion without needing him to do so.

Aija’s mark appears to have a connection with his patron. However, he’d like to know what that little green snake has to say. @Seren

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
[[ i think i recall the grand opening game having swap shenanigans. not dm’d by namo, but same meta.

btw, while all this stuff is good to know i’m not feeling any closer to voting out scum than i was at the start of the day. does anyone have any ideas or reads they want to share? i’m still feeling meh about blu personally. i don’t think it would be a bad wagon. might vote there before i go to bed tonight if nothing happens first. -q ]]

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[ aaaa wrong account sorry!!!! i’ve been reading on my personal one so i don’t mark anything as read for mewt and my brain keeps going autopilot -q ]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I'm playing some LA right now but after that I'm planning to do some rereading and look better into my suspects for a better idea of possible votes; hopefully something useful comes of that.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
1644010797902.pngAjiaDelcattyChibi Pika
1644010792876.pngArctozoltArctozoltIFBench
1644010789102.pngBartholomewRotomEquitial
1644010784963.pngCosmoLinooneFlyg0n
1644010780346.pngCourtneyNinetalesStarlight Aurate
1644010776253.pngDaveMightyenaDragonfree
1644010772007.pngFrayFrosslassShiniGojira
1644010768248.pngKekoaSkittyPersephone
1644010764219.pngKimikoSnivySeren
1644010759504.pngLauraA-MeowthunrepentantAuthor

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"Ha!" Sidney gave a dry laugh. "I'm no fuckin' hero, lady, not even close. Besides, that's not in the job description. Sorry I'm not some high and mighty idealist. You can't save everyone, even if the Boss seems to think so."

"Sorry, Boss," he muttered under his breath.
" 'Can't' save everyone, or don't want to?" Courtney said with a laugh. "I think you and I would make great friends! Let's hang out!"
"Unless you all like being stuck here like this." He gestured first at himself, and then at the jaunty festival that surrounded them.
"I don't terribly mind it, personally. I can breathe fire and I've got a nice fur coat. Who doesn't want that?"
[[I'll also add that Blu mentioned the possibility of a cult as well when the strings first came up... Perhaps even before Chibi?]]
👀
"But that puts us in a tough spot. My guardian is saying it's dangerous to go another day without a vote elimination, but we've got nothing else to go on."
[[So do you think it's riskier to vote and eliminate with the limited information we have, or to abstain if we have so little info due to the risk of hitting an innocent?]]

btw, while all this stuff is good to know i’m not feeling any closer to voting out scum than i was at the start of the day. does anyone have any ideas or reads they want to share? i’m still feeling meh about blu personally. i don’t think it would be a bad wagon. might vote there before i go to bed tonight if nothing happens first. -q ]]
[[lol at the account mixup]]

[[I'm definitely suspicious of Bluwiikoon, to say the least. He said he gives an ability that does something, but other than claiming to have nothing to do with Chibi's mark, has offered no other information. Unless he wants to step forward and clear his name, I think he's a fair target.]]

[[On the topic of town swapper, I think it's definitely a possibility. I don't think we're any closer to figuring out whether the swapper from last night was town or mafia. Seren claims the diamond was NOT affected by the swap. ]]

[[TLDR: I targeted Jackie last night. I am very certain my action went to Chibi. I will not elaborate on what my action was, but if Chibi is town, then this is a good thing. If Chibi is Mafia, this could be very bad.
[[So, what I'm getting from this is that you tried to do something went to uA, but instead, Chibi received your action. But your action is unrelated to the diamond. So Chibi was targeted by two different players last night.]]

View attachment 2221AjiaDelcattyChibi Pika
View attachment 2220ArctozoltArctozoltIFBench
View attachment 2219BartholomewRotomEquitial
View attachment 2218CosmoLinooneFlyg0n
View attachment 2217CourtneyNinetalesStarlight Aurate
View attachment 2216DaveMightyenaDragonfree
View attachment 2215FrayFrosslassShiniGojira
View attachment 2214KekoaSkittyPersephone
View attachment 2213KimikoSnivySeren
View attachment 2212LauraA-MeowthunrepentantAuthor
[[JACK THESE ARE PERFECT <3 THANK YOU!!!]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
1644010954543.pngMademoiselleYveltalInkedust
1644010958905.pngNanuA-MeowthBlossomleaf
1644010964905.pngOdetteJellicentSinderella
1644010968891.pngPrincessSkiddobruh moment
1644010973424.pngPuckQuagsireHelloYellow17
1644010977411.pngsansslakothBluwiikoon
1644010989137.pngShimmerKirliaWindskull
1644010992527.pngSidneyCacturnePanoramic_Vacuum
1644010996573.pngTrickyFennekinSparklingEspeon
1644011000857.pngWinonaSwellowJust a Torchic

Blossomleaf

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
she/her
[[ i think i recall the grand opening game having swap shenanigans. not dm’d by namo, but same meta.

[["Seconding Bruh Moment here as well. Because my main concern is that there's hardly any solid intel to work with since we started D2, we have even more speculations than answers between yellow and seren's claims regarding Ajia / Chibi's light diamond mark. And...I really dislike the idea of shooting wildly in the dark in hopes that we potentially vote out mafia? But at the same time, I'll reserve my opinions and judgment until we get more information. Because ngl this D2 is TOUGH. And I'm drawing a blank as to who is right between yellow and seren atm.

"Until we hopefully hear from Seren later? As to why he thinks Ajia / Chibi was not affected by yellow via a redirection / swap play?"]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Yo, sorry for not posting much, been an unfortunate victim of the "Pokémon Legends Arceus Has Consumed My Life" club but I have read/caught up with the thread and have a few quick thoughts.

I'm still very skeptical as to whether or not Bluwii is being honest about his role. His play reminds me a lot of his performance in Vanilla, so he hasn't been adding much to the conversation. I'd love to be proven wrong here, but for the time being, Bluwii is where I'd place my vote.

Yellow's soft-claim alongside the info about there being a Bus Driver is very good info to know. Chaos is the name of the game, and what better way to cause it than throwing a Bus Driver in the midst of 60 powerful roles. Scum!Driver is more typical in role-madness, but I wouldn't be surprised about a Town!Driver, since they're common in the TR meta and negative utility isn't out of the question here (see: Free being a Miller).

But a quick question for Yellow (and forgive me if this has already been answered): You don't have to claim anything else about your role, but now that we know that your action was swapped to Chibi, are the diamond markings stated to be an effect of your actions?

Also, pic related:
unknown.png

]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A loud ringing from a bell sounded. Darkwhite was dinging it above, loudly. "Hello?! I see lots of talking but no decisions being made! Jeez, it's been two days in a row like this! Bah!" She tossed a signpost down, revealing the current votes when it perfectly embedded itself into the soil.

[[

Midday progress report:
Current players: 19

Abstain (19)
Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Also please turn me back into a communicator, this signpost thing is ridiculous.

]]

Darkwhite tore off the end piece of the signpost, obscuring whatever was left that it was saying.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I'm still very skeptical as to whether or not Bluwii is being honest about his role. His play reminds me a lot of his performance in Vanilla, so he hasn't been adding much to the conversation. I'd love to be proven wrong here, but for the time being, Bluwii is where I'd place my vote.
Puck agreed with the giant red bird. “Quag.”
But a quick question for Yellow (and forgive me if this has already been answered): You don't have to claim anything else about your role, but now that we know that your action was swapped to Chibi, are the diamond markings stated to be an effect of your actions?
[[markings are not explicitly mentioned, no. Which is why I’m waiting to hear from Seren about why he’s convinced the marking is his doing.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
btw, while all this stuff is good to know i’m not feeling any closer to voting out scum than i was at the start of the day.
Ajia nodded. "Princess's Guardian is right. We don't win this game by solving mysteries. We win this by voting out the right people."

"I'm also curious as to why Kimiko [Seren] thought Puck wasn't involved in the diamond mark, since it seemed pretty obvious he was taking credit?"

"Anyway,"--she paced in front of her stone--"since I don't have any suspects right now, I want to try to sort though some of the people I don't want to vote for. Maybe it'll be helpful--"

Dave - His story checks out, and he's been quick to clear up misunderstandings and keep people on track, and keep people from getting distracted.

Nanu - I feel good about the points he's been making. It seems like he's trying to keep facts straight and prevent misunderstandings.

Puck - The info about the diamond mark and the questions/concerns that resulted feel genuine and helpful.

Mademoiselle - Several times she's tried to keep people on task and avoid distractions.

Courtney - This is a long shot, but bear with me. The questions that Courtney's guardian asked this morning don't feel like the questions that would have been asked by someone who'd had all night to talk about the game with allies."

[[One of my town-finding tools is looking for players that seem out of the loop. Town, in general, tends to be more confused than mafia. Now, this tool won't be very useful in a game without mafia daytalk (*shakes fist*), but it does mean that we can look at the start of day posts. It's not a sure thing, and the last mafia game had a scumteam so timezoned that they had almost no visible coordination at all. But I do find it somewhat unlikely that someone who'd had all night phase to talk with scumbuddies would have mixed up Dave's dread with the strings, and I don't think it was an act, either.]]

[[Some thoughts on other players coming next.]]

Top Bottom