• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Darkwhite's Role Overdrive Mafia

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
BARTHOLOMEW:
-- uhhh good new is that I'm not worrying much for the person you choose
-- bad news is that scum is prolly going to go after you instead RIP bud
"heh. they can try," replied sans, winking.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[ i am not saying you're lying about this necessarily but i'm not sure i'm willing to accept this at face value and am not super keen on absolving anyone of responsibility for a good vote. i think you're telling the truth about having a vote-activated power, but there's no way for me to tell whether or not it's malevolent or contributes towards a third party win condition or some wacky stuff like that, so i feel weird about just letting you do it for no reason other than that you were transparent about it. -q ]]

[[
As Blossom pointed out, there was a point where Bluwii offered to vote Dragonfree, because he thought it would test the dread. Knowing this, now, it seems there was also un ulterior motive.

I'm inclined to trust him
]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[hi there, i'm Laura's guardian, y'all know me. she's having a bit of a panic attack and i've been ill/busy, but i've tried very hard to get caught up today instead of playing l'arceus the whole time. supper is served so i'm posting what i have so far. more later.]]

notes:
- lots of social
- free/dave claims miller + dread count + 'you wouldn't believe me'
- tetra/cosmo immediately decides to trust this
- shini/fray offers to confirm dread via vote
- pano/sidney queries the claim
- bench/d'zolt trusts 'for now'
- equi/bart thinks dave's claim is towny
- wind/shimmer thinks miller free would claim early bc she's a common investigation target
- chibi/ajia says let's reveal very little info to avoid helping scum, trust free/dave, their own card is of equal complexity
- equi/bart pretty convinced of town free/dave, town chibi/ajia
- pers/kekoa sus of free
- torchic/winona trusts free
- free/dave claims they were targeted by some kind of third party tagging power, speculates (reflavoured arsonist
- chibi/ajia points out that town darkrai is namocore
- inke/mad finds free/dave credible
- (at this point i get informed irl that supper is served soon and i get impatient with backlogging and start skimming)
- bunch of people are on board with no elimination tonight
- inke/mad post here asserts confidence in free/dave, chibi/ajia, shini/fray and pers/kekoa as town
- puck quag (yellow is mostly trying to get caught up)
- sind/odette provides some backlogging with quotes. i haven't checked for truthfulness but she's done this in previous games as town. she also questions some stuff torchic/winona and shini/fray said.
- seren/kiminko claims a complex card
- chibi/ajia has a cool plan to force scum to choose between play poorly or give info
- equi/bart has a good wrap-up post
- chibi/ajia has some cool ideas about strat
- supper is served and i post this just in case i can't get back to this fuck fuck fuck

i'm definitely gonna turn the player list into a helpful chart to try and make keeping track of people easier but i don't have time before EOD lmao. i think i've seen posts from everyone except Espy/Tricky, but that's super standard for her in Mafia games, sadly. good luck joining in, mate. also ofc not everyone posting is posting anything meaningful. that's normal this early.

some thoughts i've had while backlogging:
- shini/fray seems super eager to be helpful compared to previous game, but i don't assume much from that
- currently getting my best townreads on chibi/ajia, inke/mad, and (due largely to claim strength) free/dave. they're all extremely competent players, so i hope i'm right about them lmao.
- equi had the same idea! nice
- regarding voting, i normally avoid sacrificing players on day one for any role madness game, and that seems even more reasonable in this 'day one first' 'role overdrive' game. i'll be voting not to eliminate.
- i saw someone speculate about three scum and a TP. seems low to me? what's standard in a 20-player setup? i think there were six scum and an arsonist in Second Anni, which was a 19-player game. obviously that game was stacked as fuck against town, but i would've expected five or six antitown in a 20-player game.

Ajia (Delcatty) [Chibi Pika]
Arctozolt (Arctozolt) [Bench]
Bartholomew (Rotom) [Equitial]
Cosmo (Linoone) [Flyg0n]
Courtney (Ninetales) [Starlight Aurate]
Dave (Mightyena) [Dragonfree]
Fray (Froslass) [ShinjiGojira]
Kekoa (Skitty) [Persephone]
Kimiko (Snivy) [Seren]
Laura (Alolan Meowth) [unrepentantAuthor]
Mademoiselle (Yveltal) [Inkedust]
Nanu (Alolan Meowth) [Blossomleaf]
Odette Cinq-Mars (Jellicent) [Sinderella]
Princess (Skiddo) [bruh moment]
Puck (Quagsure) [HelloYellow17]
sans (Slakoth) [Bluwiikoon]
Shimmer (Kirlia) [Windskull]
Sidney (Cacturne) [Panoramic_Vacuum]
Tricky (Fennekin) [SparklingEspeon]
Winona (Swellow) [Just a Torchic]

Vote: No Elimination

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
[[
As Blossom pointed out, there was a point where Bluwii offered to vote Dragonfree, because he thought it would test the dread. Knowing this, now, it seems there was also un ulterior motive.

I'm inclined to trust him
]]
[[ yes, as i said i believe he has a voting-activated power. that does not guarantee it's a pro-town power just because he said so tho -q ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
okay, so for Bluwii, I think that town!him claiming right now was a misplay; it would have been better for him to stay silent and just wait for tomorrow

but for scum!BLuwii... oh yeah I see where Bruh Moment is coming from. We don't have much time now, and I don't know exactly what I believe.
]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"figured i'd be upfront instead of just, say, voting for a pro-town person for seemingly no reason," said sans, yawning a little. "you can imagine how that might not look so good on my resumé."

bruh moment

mewtini + kyeugh
Pronouns
she/her (both)
"figured i'd be upfront instead of just, say, voting for a pro-town person for seemingly no reason," said sans, yawning a little. "you can imagine how that might not look so good on my resumé."
[[ but you had already volunteered/explained that vote preemptively, as a dread test? so why did you need further justification via early role reveal? - mewt ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
but if he is scum, all he will need is to convince one person to believe in him and consent to being voted, as that will be the logical move for a town!Bluwii to make.

idk, I think I'm still going he should test someone??? but I personally dont want to volunteer yet hrgghrrhgg
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[ but you had already volunteered/explained that vote preemptively, as a dread test? so why did you need further justification via early role reveal? - mewt ]]

[[
He misunderstood how DF's powers worked. Voting DF wouldn't actually get him any dread so his proposal was shot down.
]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"see, that makes sense if dave's ability is meant to activate upon him being voted, right? but it seems like it only activates when he votes for someone," replied sans. "i had to re-read that part of his post too, to be fair - folks pointed out earlier that i misinterpreted what he said about his powers."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
actually him being erroneous about how DF's ability works makes me more like to townlean him, because his mafia teammates supposedly would have pointed out that flaw if he brought it up with them
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ajia bit her lip. "Oh dang. If sans is telling the truth, it would be really good for us, and he should definitely use his power. Buuut the fact that the person who gets the power isn't informed... it doesn't give us any information. And the Skiddo's Guardian is right--it would be a really easy way to get a negative ability onto someone, and they would never even know what." She wanted to trust sans, she really did, but.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[
actually him being erroneous about how DF's ability works makes me more like to townlean him, because his mafia teammates supposedly would have pointed out that flaw if he brought it up with them
]]
[[Pretty sure with a daystart game, the mafia actually haven't had time to speak to one another?? Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I believe the intro post or sign up post for this game from our GM said there was no daytalk? Let me find the link]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Ajia winced. "If Winona's Guardian did make a mistake and accidentally slip their patron's name, wouldn't it be a bad idea to call attention to it?"
Dave sighed, dragging a paw over his face. "Yeah. That was my first thought when they said that, which is why I stayed the fuck away from mentioning it. Good job, asshole."

[[Don't mind him - I actually think Sinderella's probably town for that? Feels like independent reasoning rather than group.]]

"Yeah, probably, but also fuck you."

Dave peered at the Slakoth. "Okay, fair enough. I can definitely believe you've got something vote-activated, but the bit where they don't get to know what they got or that they got anything is awfully convenient. That'd check out as a mafia ability - you know, downside is you have to place a suspicious vote you have to justify somehow, but you invisibly do something. I'm not going to oppose you voting today, but I suggest we keep a real fucking close eye on what happens to the target."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
@Bluwiikoon, you say that your recipient won't be informed of the details of their passive ability, but what do you know? Is there more detail you could give--like what kind of passive abilities are available, how long they last, etc.--that won't be too detrimental for scum to also know
]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[
]]
Ajia put a paw to her chin. "Good point, although that would only be the case if the mafia can talk during the day. Normally that would seem logical, but there was apparently a game here where someone banked on that assumption and got burned."

[[it was me. i was the dumb.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well, I probbably won't get a chance to post again before day end. My brain has been fried. Work isn't crazy but its just enough to not give me enough time to absorb real information, so I've been trying to skim.

I remain on the side of not voting I guess.

I think having Dave pick a target is a good idea though, since I think it forces mafias hand. Either they assume Dave is telling the truth, or he's lying, either way it makes things a little harder for them, which is good.

Cosmo, thoughts?]]

The Linoone let out a long yawn. "Hm? Just don't vote, duh. I don't know why everyone is talking. Maybe we should just take naps and rest, that'd be nicer."

[[Because we're trying to get information. Nevermind. I hope to skim later so I'm ready next time, make some headway.

I tentatively wanna say townie vibes from Free and Chibi, at least for now.

Otherwise.... good luck everyone, sorry for being less active than expected. Phase ends just after I get off work, sadly.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Ajia put a paw to her chin. "Good point, although that would only be the case if the mafia can talk during the day. Normally that would seem logical, but there was apparently a game here where someone banked on that assumption and got burned."

[[it was me. i was the dumb.]]
[[here's the quote from the sign up post: no mafia day talk (unless I misinterpreted this?)

1. Players are assigned to the mafia or innocent faction, or an independent third party with a unique win condition. The mafia know the members of their own team, and they may communicate with each other in private at night, but not during the day. The innocents do not know the alignments of any of the other players, and they can interact only by posting in the game thread at designated times. Some powers may have exceptions to this, but that will be stated in your role PM.
]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Pretty sure with a daystart game, the mafia actually haven't had time to speak to one another?? Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I believe the intro post or sign up post for this game from our GM said there was no daytalk? Let me find the link]]
[[FUCKING

why games with no daytalk whyyyy]]

Top Bottom