• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I take it back, tonight just got real easy. Free is scum, and by extension of Chibi proving beyond any doubt they are town on that flip, so is Espy. That also clears up Clovis and Pixie because there's only one scum left. That helps.
[[So this is not a sus, but I just am missing why there would be one mafia?

We know Odd number of town is true. So may 15 town, 1 SK and 4 Maf

We killed Bluwii and we killed SK so... even when we kill Free tonight there's a minimum of 2 scum left?

typo I guess, in which case let me be clear that this isn't a suss against you at all. Just wonderin if I missed something]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[OOohhh i see. thanks]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Elaborating on what I think Phan's logic is:

Mafia needs an RC in order to function. Otherwise, they are playing at a huge disadvantage.

Espy's RC picks make zero sense to us townies, however, they make a very great deal of sense from a Mafia perspective (N1: Is Homestar a Threat, or a Helpful Idiot? N2: Is Anti really a cop? If so, kill.). I believe they lied about their N3 check: I'm willing to bet anything they double-checked Salem, found the final Doc, and pulled the trigger.

Throw that together with the litany of discrepancies in their story today, and Phan came to the same conclusion I did.

And I think I may actually be able to solve the game now, considering theGOAT's hint is also, like... completely impossible.

An even number of Vanilla Town and Vanilla Mafia, with a four person Mafia, and one of them being the RC and the other being the Juggernaut, means there's fuckin' like five more mafia members lmaoooo get outta heeeere.

Dragonfree, Espy, theGOAT. In that order.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I know a lot conspired in these last posts so no rush but! Can I get your thoughts on who the last remaining town member might be? Phan/Goat/Espy?
Ebony was silent for some time, curled up behind one of the armchairs closest to the fire, out of view.

“I’m… not sure,” she said quietly. “My Voice isn’t talking to me much…”

“I think… it doesn’t make sense if the guy who liked rocks didn’t have the same power as me. And… Wes said there were only two of us. I don’t think Sylveon can be one.”

“Hazel… still seems like a friend.” Ebony didn’t have very much faith in her ability to tell, though.

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Ebony was silent for some time, curled up behind one of the armchairs closest to the fire, out of view.
Mike leaned over from the aforementioned chair to watch the poor Houndoom as she shuddered and spoke. He reached down a hand and offered it to Ebony, hesitant to outright pet a Pokem---

A friend without their permission.

"I'm sorry, Ebony." Mike murmured.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Well we're down to...

Three

Espy/G0at/Phan. One is town, theoretically.

So we have two scum left, goodbye Free. The options are:

Espy/Phan

Espy/G0at

G0at/Phan
So idk. Pick a pair I guess?]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[They…didn’t? Our cop, Anti, exposed them]]
[[Anti claimed that he caught a bullet (OSBP), and affirmed that they killed Steven. Either Mafia looked at me, found nothing, shot in the dark or Mafia looked at Altair that night.

Revised logic:

N0
who cares not relevant nor verifiable
N1 scoped Altair. Said they scoped me because they knew I was BP and it wouldn't step on any toes.
N2 scoped cop, copped to it.
N3 scoped Salem, said they scoped Chibi, acted like they weren't attentive.

This, however... Is a lot of reaching.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I go bed. tired.

Chibi has free me from having to brain this day. gnaight]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Or N3 they really did scope Chibi and were hoping that it helped them.

Free is scum, 100%
theGOAT is scum, almost 100% (almost entirely inactive; clue is just ???????)
Espy is scum, 75% (you sit on a throne of LIES)(But also would you base a fake clue off of a bad clue from a teammate? hhhhh)

Bluwii was out D1, Free is busy, Espy was sick, and theGOAT is afk, which goes a long way to explain how disjointed and independent each one feels. And why there is little-to-no workshopping. And tbh I feel bad if they're allowing Espy to flounder :|

Now, there are a LOT of variables at play here.

- Wes could be lying about their clue
- theGOAT 👀
- Sind and Pixie are actually the bad guys
- Flyg0n and Abra are actually the bad guys
- There is a five person ScumSquad:tm:]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Anti claimed that he caught a bullet (OSBP), and affirmed that they killed Steven. Either Mafia looked at me, found nothing, shot in the dark or Mafia looked at Altair that night.

Revised logic:

N0 who cares not relevant nor verifiable
N1 scoped Altair. Said they scoped me because they knew I was BP and it wouldn't step on any toes.
N2 scoped cop, copped to it.
N3 scoped Salem, said they scoped Chibi, acted like they weren't attentive.

This, however... Is a lot of reaching.]]
[[I…huh?? No, Altair was OSBP and claimed it himself. He was trying to pass off as a regular OSBP townie when Anti exposed him.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
He reached down a hand and offered it to Ebony, hesitant to outright pet a Pokem---

A friend without their permission.
Ebony paused for a bit, then softly leaned her head into his hand.

Either Mafia looked at me, found nothing, shot in the dark or Mafia looked at Altair that night.
“You might be confused…” Ebony murmured. “When I use my power, I don’t find anything until the end of the night. It’d be the same for bad guys, probably. So they couldn’t check someone out and then get rid of them in the same night.”

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[I…huh?? No, Altair was OSBP and claimed it himself. He was trying to pass off as a regular OSBP townie when Anti exposed him.]]
[[Right, but the only people who could shoot at Altair would be Mafia. I'm trying to figure out if they shot at Altair blind, or if they looked at him first. Which I guess is... Inconsequential. I think the only RC target that Espy actively lied about was last night's. I believe they confirmed Salem was Doc #2 before taking her down, and Espy is using Chibi as a cover because they could pretend to have been inactive and not know. And also that saying "I looked at Salem," even if true, is INCREDIBLY suspect considering they already fessed up to looking at Wind.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes could be lying about their clue
Wes shot Mike a baffled look. “Why in the hell would I lie about my clue? When that would hurt my teammates just as much as the enemy? I thought you said you trusted me?”
Flyg0n and Abra are actually the bad guys
“Oh, my gods.” Wes pinched his nose in frustration. “We’ve been over this already. Steven confirmed Kent’s innocence, which confirms Hana is innocent, too. If I have to remind people of this one more time, I’m going to drown myself in that damn ocean.”
There is a five person ScumSquad:tm:]]
“There can’t be a five-person mafia because Reme’s clue proves it needs to be an even number! And she had no reason to lie about that. I have no idea what sort of astral plane you’re trying to strategize on, but you need to keep your facts straight.”

[[ooc note to say I’m not actually annoyed here, Wes just has zero patience with people. And this game. And just about anything. 🤣]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Right, but the only people who could shoot at Altair would be Mafia. I'm trying to figure out if they shot at Altair blind, or if they looked at him first. Which I guess is... Inconsequential. I think the only RC target that Espy actively lied about was last night's. I believe they confirmed Salem was Doc #2 before taking her down, and Espy is using Chibi as a cover because they could pretend to have been inactive and not know. And also that saying "I looked at Salem," even if true, is INCREDIBLY suspect considering they already fessed up to looking at Wind.]]
[[You’re forgetting, though, that they can’t have found out who Salem was *and* taken her down in one night. They only get the info revealed to them at the end of the night.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Ebony paused for a bit, then softly leaned her head into his hand.
“You might be confused…” Ebony murmured. “When I use my power, I don’t find anything until the end of the night. It’d be the same for bad guys, probably. So they couldn’t check someone out and then get rid of them in the same night.”
"Huh, didn't know that," Mike muttered, absently rubbing Ebony's head. "Wouldn't be the first time I made a mistake, huh?

"That honestly wipes a lot of my evidence from [[Espy]], so I bet they'll wanna thank you."

Wes shot Mike a baffled look. “Why in the hell would I lie about my clue? When that would hurt my teammates just as much as the enemy? I thought you said you trusted me?”
“Oh, my gods.” Wes pinched his nose in frustration. “We’ve been over this already. Steven confirmed Kent’s innocence, which confirms Hana is innocent, too. If I have to remind people of this one more time, I’m going to drown myself in that damn ocean.”
“There can’t be a five-person mafia because Reme’s clue proves it needs to be an even number! And she had no reason to lie about that. I have no idea what sort of astral plane you’re trying to strategize on, but you need to keep your facts straight.”

"Wes," Mike spoke into his lap, "I don't know where you came from, or how you got here, but all the evidence for my circumstances puts me in a Unovan hospital, in a coma." His voice caught on the word 'hospital' and tears pricked his eyes. "And I have a feeling that... That if I don't get this right, I don't wake up."

For a few moments, he stared hard into the fire, petting the Houndoom next to him. Finally he looked at the young man who wandered straight out of a video game. He wondered for a moment how or why they were here, and what victory or loss meant to them.

"Thank you for refreshing me on the facts, and I misspoke," Mike finally said. "I meant six. Six mafia total. Five remaining."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes," Mike spoke into his lap, "I don't know where you came from, or how you got here, but all the evidence for my circumstances puts me in a Unovan hospital, in a coma." His voice caught on the word 'hospital' and tears pricked his eyes. "And I have a feeling that... That if I don't get this right, I don't wake up."
…Well, damn. Wes wasn’t prepared for such a jarring confession. A little bit of guilt gnawed at his stomach, but he refused to let it show. Instead, he hissed out a sigh and folded his arms.

“Look, I didn’t ask to be here, either. And…we’ve all got something to lose back home. The best way we’re gonna get out of here is if we work together and stop throwing suspicions around at complete random.” He paused, then added while avoiding Mike’s eyes, “And…sorry to hear about that. The hospital thing.”

Top Bottom